*This cleric says*Looking for Barb or Pulling BM for FCC 92+

So I get in the squad.
The squad contained:
Me (Puller/DD)
2 Demon Assassin (DD/healer)
1 Demon Blademaster (HF'er)
1 Sage Veno (tank/debuffs) EDIT: Herc Veno sorry lol
1 Demon Cleric (Healer)

Of course like every smart player, I should always have repairs before I tank.

We all decide to do a full run.

*Tik Tok* 40 Minutes go by...

*Everyone says*Ty guys for the fast run.

I got to the Blacksmith to check out my repairs.. To repair all costs 23,564 coins.

So after tanking an FCC run to Holeen. I get 23,564 coins worth of repair. I just thought to myself.. "Why do Barbarians always ask for 100k repairs?" Of course it is because they probably did multiple runs. So I go find another Frost squad and make sure there is a barb.

*I ask the Barb*Did you make full repairs?
*Barb says* Yes of course...

We stop right after we killed Oceana. He complains about having 100k repairs and demands Cash or he doesn't pull mobs. That is the funny part.

THEY ARE GOLD DIGGERS.

The other funny part is that I said I can pull the mobs and he said "haha GL with that" and he leaves.

I got 23k repairs doing full run, and the barb says he has 100k after he said he made repairs and stopped before exp room? I'm like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8gjZRGUNBk

FYI: With a barb took us an hour to get to exp room and my favorite squad lineup takes 40 minutes for full run.

EDIT: HERC VENO! Herc keeps aggro better then barb on bosses so sins cant steal?
AP classes are a real butt pounding...
Post edited by ArchSaber - Sanctuary on

Comments

• DangerField - Dreamweaver
    DangerField - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    lol nice hating on barbs there >.<

repair bills are not as much as everyone makes it out to be, but you have to consider the lvl range of the squad. how fast mobs die, who tank bosses and so forth.

there is no fixed number, and honestly I never really pay attention cause asking for repair bills or free wine or whatever is the furthest thing from my mind.

I just helped a quilt mate on a fast run and my bill was 90k but that was including delta w2 and maybe bhd.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Repairs also depend on your equipment - the higher the level of the equipment, the more it costs to repair. (Not sure of the exact formula, it may just be by grade, or by npc price)

So they might not all be liars.
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I tank FC, I get 10k repairs
  • Qingzi - Harshlands
    Qingzi - Harshlands Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Did you tank, in the sense of having constant aggro, all the mobs and bosses to Holeen, or did you just pull them and then aggro was everywhere?

Because if that's the case, I can understand cheap repairs.

If not, you should try that and see how much you get.
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    Jhalil - Heavens Tear Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    "2 Demon Assassin (DD/healer)"

There's your reason why your repairs were so low. I'm guessing either one of those assassins had most of the aggro and was taking most of the hits on the bosses. And at the mobs the aggro was probably going towards the other BM if he HF'd first. So basically you had no aggro most of the time, you just pulled the mobs. Pulling the mobs only gets you hit like 5 times in total if you're slow.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to move your cursor, eh?
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Honestly, this is a very simple thing to figure out.

The faster a run goes, the less a barb has to tank bosses, and the quicker grouped up mobs go down, the less repair a barb has.

The slower a run goes, the more a barb has to tank, the longer it takes to kill dozens of mobs on pulls, the much higher a barb's repairs are.

People are either paying 100k out of stupidity, being duped by the barb, or just out of apathy in not caring about how much it costs so long as they got their barb.
  • danaya123
    danaya123 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Im not paying barbs fc repairs fee and i never will... this is just greedy.How about us clerics start askin for mana charms fee ,wich in most cases is alot more than 100k per run.These barbs have to learn to deal with their class cons.
  • ugysekell
    ugysekell Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    My hubby is a Barb, at lower lvls he got up to 100k repair bills because the squads were slow / inexperienced. Now at lvl99 the repair fee never goes over 40k, usually around 15-20k per run, because Sins steal aggro all the time. I am a Cleric and now with these horrible token prices my mana food cost per run is more than his repair, LMAO!!!!!! I have all Demon heals so they drain up my mana fast. So Barbs, stop complaining... or I'll start to ask for mana food fee. xD Meh, I would never do that... awkward. :s
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    My barb has had repairs around 100k when the only one in the party who could tank anything was him so that amount is indeed accurate depending on the party. When my barb isn't the one doing all the tanking due to a herc veno his repairs are considerably less.

Even if they have to tank everything, the barb shouldn't be asking for handouts. Repair costs are part of the class and they have to be able to deal with them on their own. I say this as someone with a level 85 barbarian that has tanked pretty much everything that can be tanked upto his level range.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Bublee - Heavens Tear
    Bublee - Heavens Tear Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    We don't rlly need barbs for FF BM can do a better job with a Veno in squad >.>
    [SIGPIC]http://i55.tinypic.com/m8d10j.gif[/SIGPIC]
    If you would like me to make you a siggy, send me a pm. ;)
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    Firefeng - Dreamweaver Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    So I get in the squad.
    The squad contained:

2 Demon Assassin (DD/healer)
    1 Sage Veno (tank/debuffs)

I don't understand. Please explain.
  • Firefeng - Dreamweaver
    Firefeng - Dreamweaver Posts: 421 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Barbs and BMs are both optional in a 9x FC run, but I generally prefer to have both if I can, or at least just one.
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited February 2011

The lower levels will always be 50k to 60ks (7x~9x)

Most people start FCC/FC at level 79 (some people start a bit lower but that takes more charms and care) and if you give your 7x gear a bit of TLC (dragon orbs +2 or +3 / normal +ing of your equipment) you can ride it through all the way to 90.

I've still got my armor from 7x in my crate and I used that all the way to 90 when I could afford the Mountain Crasher set. After that the repairs really changed.

In the upper levels the repair is insignificant
    - If you do up to heads (Oceania) its about 20k ~ 30k
    - If you do the whole run its between 40!~60k

In the end it all levels out.
    Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited February 2011
    I do a lot of training runs on my barb. He's level 85. The highest repair bill I've ever had coming out of FCC was around 135k. I had done two TT2-2 runs before hand and hadn't bothered to repair.

Pretty much all I do is training runs, and we're talking about a run that goes for easily 3.5 hours. Most of the squad is in the 70's and learning what to do so we aren't killing things fast and bosses take forever. My highest Single-run repair (full run) has been 56k. What I really spend money on is charms and food, but that's only because it's a training run and the cleric is still learning. (Slow heals eat charms =P )

So yes, from the standpoint of a barb, I agree totally with the OP. I also make a point of communicating this to others in-game when they are offering insane fees for barb repairs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Skippy - Dreamweaver
    Skippy - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    sorry to hear that you ran into selfish barbs b:cry

ehm barbs repair fee isent that big of a deal, isent that much honestly
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    danaya123 wrote: »
    Im not paying barbs fc repairs fee and i never will... this is just greedy.How about us clerics start askin for mana charms fee ,wich in most cases is alot more then 100k per run.These barbs have to learn to deal with their class cons.

Anybody 75+ who uses mp charm is idiot nowdays, unless it serves some "unique" purpose. Mp food is so cheap compared to hp food that it`s quite ridiculous.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Jay_Dubbz - Lost City
    Jay_Dubbz - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    wtf is up barbs demanding pay to run instances, I mean come on you don't see clerics asking squad for money for all the mana pots they need. And with tokens prices so high herbs have gotten kinda expensive. I dont think a squad should pay a barbs repair bill ever, because that's just apart of the class. They get bad repairs bill, but what makes it for it is that they can get into a lot of instances since they'll be wanted in squads.

pshh barbs demanding pay, get over it or you'll just be replaced by interval sins and bms lol.
  • AuroraLucia - Archosaur
    AuroraLucia - Archosaur Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    wtf is up barbs demanding pay to run instances, I mean come on you don't see clerics asking squad for money for all the mana pots they need. And with tokens prices so high herbs have gotten kinda expensive. I dont think a squad should pay a barbs repair bill ever, because that's just apart of the class. They get bad repairs bill, but what makes it for it is that they can get into a lot of instances since they'll be wanted in squads.

pshh barbs demanding pay, get over it or you'll just be replaced by interval sins and bms lol.

Clerics don't demand money (usually) because, lets be honest, they don't have many costs. Even before I reached 75, I would only use about 30-50 pots in TT depending on how long I had to hold BB up. When, for example, in 1-2 when I would only BB on Drum because someone couldn't survive Soulbanisher, I would use about 20 pots the entire run.

Now, I only ever use MP food when I am doing BB. When I am healing with IH or with my IH/Wellspring macro, I never use pots. FC is where I use the most foods, and I use only about 10-15. The only time now when that changes is when either I am doing most of the tanking (BH39), or when I end up accidentally tanking in BB on Drummer because somehow there was a squad wipe before he even started his AoE (I don't know how that happened still).

I think I spend more on my Assassin in instances now for repairs and pots than I do for my Cleric.
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I don't understand. Please explain.

Clearly I can't pull without bloodpaint

I forgot to mention Herc veno, so since herc has better def and keeps aggro better then barb on bosses, I would prefer to have a herc veno with sage amp and ironwood.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Any barb asking for a handout should be kicked from the squad... they're easily replaced in every instance but Delta and Warsong. A BM can tank/pull FC if they have half a brain, hell I sat there and FC'd like.. 5 times in a day, came out of it with a 140 or 160k repair bill... after FCing ALL day... Barbs need to shut the **** up with this "OMGZ I NEEDZ MONEH 2 REPAIR" bull****
    edited February 2011
    Any barb asking for a handout should be kicked from the squad... they're easily replaced in every instance but Delta and Warsong. A BM can tank/pull FC if they have half a brain, hell I sat there and FC'd like.. 5 times in a day, came out of it with a 140 or 160k repair bill... after FCing ALL day... Barbs need to shut the **** up with this "OMGZ I NEEDZ MONEH 2 REPAIR" bull****
    Posts like this don't really help either.

Congrats on having a 140k repair bill. Some barbs in those 5 runs would wind up with over a 500k repair bill, which is a good chunk of the 5 hypers that everyone else would have free to spend.

Appreciation of what a barb goes through in costs is certainly in order.

That being said, barbs who play their class know what they are in for by the time they get to do FF runs. Demanding or asking for free wine, this entitlement ****, is nonsense. Never invite a barb who demands ****.

Although, a good chunk of people, from every class, when wanting to save the cost of, say, a wine split, will wait around for a "free wine" BH squad. Nothing wrong with this. It's demanding someone else to pay for you that is rude and something that doesn't belong in a squad.

Some squads also pay barbs sometimes up to like 5 hypers. If I was on an alt, not busy, and I saw an offer of 5 hypers for a FF, I'd switch to my barb in an instant. Unfortunately money is an incentive, but again, should be a requisite. Also, this kind of rhetoric from the poster I quoted is just as unnecessary.

(On a side note, it was hilarious about a month ago when I did a BH59 on my psychic, there was a barb in the squad. We started clearing with the barb in the instance before the last person was inside, we asked for buffs.. the barb refused to buff, then also would run in on a group of mobs and ream a single one. Someone asked him nicely, he refused until the last person was in, so as to save using an mp pot. Of course, his fail aggro skills nearly got the unbuffed cleric killed too. I asked nicely again, he refused. Then the cleric asked nicely and he asked the cleric if he should go back to elementary school to count how many people are inside. That's when I asked for lead booted him, inviting my sin that I was logged in on my laptop to make the run last maybe 10 mins instead of 30+. People who think their buffs or presence are that precious deserve what's coming to them. Those who do the runs and get rewards for being needed, good for them.)
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Posts like this don't really help either.

Congrats on having a 140k repair bill. Some barbs in those 5 runs would wind up with over a 500k repair bill, which is a good chunk of the 5 hypers that everyone else would have free to spend.

Appreciation of what a barb goes through in costs is certainly in order.

That being said, barbs who play their class know what they are in for by the time they get to do FF runs. Demanding or asking for free wine, this entitlement ****, is nonsense. Never invite a barb who demands ****.

Although, a good chunk of people, from every class, when wanting to save the cost of, say, a wine split, will wait around for a "free wine" BH squad. Nothing wrong with this. It's demanding someone else to pay for you that is rude and something that doesn't belong in a squad.

Some squads also pay barbs sometimes up to like 5 hypers. If I was on an alt, not busy, and I saw an offer of 5 hypers for a FF, I'd switch to my barb in an instant. Unfortunately money is an incentive, but again, should be a requisite. Also, this kind of rhetoric from the poster I quoted is just as unnecessary.

(On a side note, it was hilarious about a month ago when I did a BH59 on my psychic, there was a barb in the squad. We started clearing with the barb in the instance before the last person was inside, we asked for buffs.. the barb refused to buff, then also would run in on a group of mobs and ream a single one. Someone asked him nicely, he refused until the last person was in, so as to save using an mp pot. Of course, his fail aggro skills nearly got the unbuffed cleric killed too. I asked nicely again, he refused. Then the cleric asked nicely and he asked the cleric if he should go back to elementary school to count how many people are inside. That's when I asked for lead booted him, inviting my sin that I was logged in on my laptop to make the run last maybe 10 mins instead of 30+. People who think their buffs or presence are that precious deserve what's coming to them. Those who do the runs and get rewards for being needed, good for them.)

Hai! :D
  • Jay_Dubbz - Lost City
    Jay_Dubbz - Lost City Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Clerics don't demand money (usually) because, lets be honest, they don't have many costs. Even before I reached 75, I would only use about 30-50 pots in TT depending on how long I had to hold BB up. When, for example, in 1-2 when I would only BB on Drum because someone couldn't survive Soulbanisher, I would use about 20 pots the entire run.

Now, I only ever use MP food when I am doing BB. When I am healing with IH or with my IH/Wellspring macro, I never use pots. FC is where I use the most foods, and I use only about 10-15. The only time now when that changes is when either I am doing most of the tanking (BH39), or when I end up accidentally tanking in BB on Drummer because somehow there was a squad wipe before he even started his AoE (I don't know how that happened still).

I think I spend more on my Assassin in instances now for repairs and pots than I do for my Cleric.

run some nirvana back to back and trust me you'll use a good amount of herb yuanxiao lol
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Of course barbs exaggerate their repairs, but so does everyone else + all classes. If its not repairs its mp consumption, charm ticks, exp loss. People in general will claim their costs is higher than it really is.

Barbs does tend to get a bit higher repairs than a BM pulling, since they have aggro longer. When you stop to Invoke + Roar than Sunder, mobs will hit you a bit more than if you just pull and run into BB (or pull + Roar of the Pride).

Its actually more costly in general for a BM to pull since you need to use several Crab Meats + pots while pulling. You might even need a HP charm at lower 9X if you wanna pull Frost. A decent barb at 9X dont really need anything while pulling but maybe Three of Protection once. So those extra coins a barb have in repairs is like nothing compare to the cost other classes have when they pull.

Paying a barb 100k for repairs is really more of a fee/bribe for joining the party. We all know that 100k is a big lie, no way mobs/bosses will hit you that many times in a 9X party. We just hand out the money so we can level up lol.
  • MeatBallzz - Sanctuary
    MeatBallzz - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    actual truth barbs lie about there damage repairs. Some of them hardly repair at all. I 0wn a 101 bm and a 88 Barb theres no difference.

101 bm + 101 bm + 101 sin = 30 mins run 3 man squad

The highest repairs you can achive are because the squad is slow. But nothing that matches 100k in a fcc run. There just BSing. The only reason you would pay a barb is because barbs are becoming rare.
    edited February 2011
    Of course barbs exaggerate their repairs, but so does everyone else + all classes. If its not repairs its mp consumption, charm ticks, exp loss. People in general will claim their costs is higher than it really is.

Barbs does tend to get a bit higher repairs than a BM pulling, since they have aggro longer. When you stop to Invoke + Roar than Sunder, mobs will hit you a bit more than if you just pull and run into BB (or pull + Roar of the Pride).

Its actually more costly in general for a BM to pull since you need to use several Crab Meats + pots while pulling. You might even need a HP charm at lower 9X if you wanna pull Frost. A decent barb at 9X dont really need anything while pulling but maybe Three of Protection once. So those extra coins a barb have in repairs is like nothing compare to the cost other classes have when they pull.

Paying a barb 100k for repairs is really more of a fee/bribe for joining the party. We all know that 100k is a big lie, no way mobs/bosses will hit you that many times in a 9X party. We just hand out the money so we can level up lol.
    The main reason a BM gets away with pulling is because either a) mobs die super fast / constantly unable to attack, or b) they aggro share with others. It is way too common for a pulling BM to die on pulls even barely right before Dreadindra and Runewolf. The barb being a beating post means nobody else deals with much armor repair bill nor the aggro that can kill them. A BM doing the pulls means you either near insta-kill group of mobs, or aggro gets shared with mobs running around or getting constantly stunned/paralyzed/sealed, or the BM dies a lot.

The barb also stops to invoke and roar, or AOE (surf impact) before entering BB at the big room pull so the cleric doesn't get insta-killed if a BM happens to miss their stun and the cleric doesn't have expel. Does the BM face a very high likelihood of death if they stop to mingle with a full room of mobs before hitting BB? Should be a rhetorical question.. but BM pullers and barb pullers are not the same, so they should not be compared alike.
  • AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    pretty much what Janus said tbh...

And besides of you have a good aoe squad, above 90 it doesn't -really- matter who pulls.

Even I with my AA gear AND my husband have done several pulls in FCC, granted it took us a few tries to get the hang of it.

but i dont even have to use alpha male ( i dont even HAVE it ) in order to make the mobs go down.

above 90 your collected damage should well and surely be enough to make a pull of mobs go down in a sigh and ****.

either that or the squad i always run with is consistant of OP clerics, bm's, veno's and wizzies.
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
    "ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    At 90+, most fast squads are easily able to kill all the mobs before the tank takes too many hits. I also bet that you didn't tank the bosses. Not that it matters that much on higher levels, especially if the sins you had were 100+ with decent aps...
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    The highest repairs you can achive are because the squad is slow. But nothing that matches 100k in a fcc run. There just BSing. The only reason you would pay a barb is because barbs are becoming rare.

7x FC = quite possible to have 100k repairs, if you take charms into account, the raw 100k repairs would mean wiping more than once.

Ps I need to start accepting charms for full deltas =/.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Leptiction - Harshlands
    Leptiction - Harshlands Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    lol in my opinion, since i usually pull fc with friend squads and never with randoms i never take money for repairs, but expect my friends to help me with stuff later. BUT if i am in snowy and some says " LF BARB OF PULLER BM FOR FC! PAYING 150K!" i do take advantage of the situation xD but on average, if theres a good squad my repairs are about 20k if squad wiped around 35k and if horrible squad... i dunno cuz i always leave after color boss if they take to long to kill xD