PETS: DD vs Tank || Best Flying Pet

Amurora - Heavens Tear
Amurora - Heavens Tear Posts: 111 Arc User
edited November 2010 in Venomancer
So, I've been doing as much researching as I can but I keep getting answers that cancel out each other. So first

DD vs Tank - which is better in the long run to have. Right now I have the Glac. Walker which I love. I have always had tank pets, though, I want to know what is the best to go with in the long run. And why.

Also, if people would like to suggest really good pets that pay out when you level them please tell me some :)

Also, I keep hearing opposites about the sawfly and the foxwing. Some say foxwing is better / doesn't die as easily and others say the foxwing has nothing on the sawfly. I want to know which is better for PvE (I never do PvP)

Right now I have the foxwing of the void because I don't do much flying.

Note: Please do NOT recommend Baby Herc or Pheonix. I am not interested in paying hundreds for a pet.

Also, if you can, try to keep it pets that I can feed with pure water ( I hate finding fruit and such) But I can deal if the pet is good enough.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Amurora - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    i absolutely hated the foxwings, and didnt find them good for taking damage at all.
    I never had one, but the windwalking piggy is apparently a really good air tank, though not so much on the DD side.

at i think at 74 you can tame an elysium fowl, which is a pretty good tank/DD all around good air pet, and comes with bash 4.

i think your best bet for air pets is a sawfly (petite if possible) for air DD, and if you cant keep up with the heals for the task at hand switch to piggy or fowl.

keeping air pets leveled up is not that hard anymore with the fireflys by city of raging tide.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mauntille - Heavens Tear
    Mauntille - Heavens Tear Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    So, I've been doing as much researching as I can but I keep getting answers that cancel out each other. So first

DD vs Tank - which is better in the long run to have. Right now I have the Glac. Walker which I love. I have always had tank pets, though, I want to know what is the best to go with in the long run. And why.

As to which is "better", this depends on how you want to play. If you do a lot of soloing and/or tanking, you'll need to have a decent tank pet. This is also important when you get to higher level instances where your pets will need to survive AOEs. Some pets are simply too fragile for this.

If you plan on doing damage with others tanking, then it may be more worthwhile to focus on your DD pets first.

That said, you should really have at least one of each, with a tanking pet being slightly more important. A DD pet will do you no good if it can't live to do anything.
    Also, if people would like to suggest really good pets that pay out when you level them please tell me some :)

The most popular land pets are:

Tanking:
    - herc
    - GW
    - Crystaline Magmite
    - Volcanic Magmite

DD:
    - Varicose Scorpion
    - Dark Wanderer
    - Wolves (lower level tame results in better stats as they level, but keep available skills in mind as well)

This doesn't consider luring pets, ranged pets, debuff pets, or rares. There's a great deal of variety you can add to your character if you feel like it.
    Also, I keep hearing opposites about the sawfly and the foxwing. Some say foxwing is better / doesn't die as easily and others say the foxwing has nothing on the sawfly. I want to know which is better for PvE (I never do PvP)

Right now I have the foxwing of the void because I don't do much flying.

General rule of thumb is that the lower the tame level is, the better the pet will be. This gives the Sawfly an edge over the Foxwing. My own experience with both pets agrees with this. You may also want to look into the Skatefish. These tend to be better than the Foxwing but not quite as good as the Sawfly. They also look prettier than the flies. :)

Edit: I was using the level 34 foxwing, so others may compare differently.
    Note: Please do NOT recommend Baby Herc or Pheonix. I am not interested in paying hundreds for a pet.

I'll readily argue that you can have fun and succeed in this game without a herc or nix and respect your decision to not get either. That said, you do have to realize that there are certain limitations that this will put on your gameplay. Certain bosses you will not be able to tank, and as a result of that, it will most likely be harder for you to get squads, especially with randoms.
    Also, if you can, try to keep it pets that I can feed with pure water ( I hate finding fruit and such) But I can deal if the pet is good enough.

I'm pretty sure that all pets except the legendaries drink water, but it's been awhile since I've fed my pets, so I don't remember for sure. You may want to look in to getting a tome (of any kind), as it will keep your pets from getting hungry and losing loyalty.
  • Amurora - Heavens Tear
    Amurora - Heavens Tear Posts: 111 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Thank you both for your advice/input.

I've heard the sawflys are better than the foxwings but some people say they rather a fox over fly. That's why I asked lol.

I do solo as much as I can. Though when it comes to dunegons (like BH29 and all that) pretty obvious I dont take that alone haha. Honestly, the only reason I want to get to a high level is to help people who are lower leveled (like how people help me with BH29)

The reason I am skeptical about a DD is because I like to have my pet tank and not have to worry too much and healing it so that I can attack as well without having to heal constantly.

Thank you for that 'rule of thumb' I will try to remember it :D Though, I best start getting the pet now so Im not leveling a level 5 to a 60 later on haha (random numbers)

And about the Baby Herc. Yeah, I have heard many people talking bad to a veno/venos or kicking them out due to them not having Baby Herc. It's kind of sad though because not everyone wants to pay real money to get him or they don't want to gamble (like if I could just buy him, that's different, but I don't want to gamble with the feather thing) And feeding him would be a pain. Though, I suppose the tome would work.

But isn't the tome only valid for a week or so?

Ill have to look more into that.

Thank you both for your input. I have debated getting both a GW (well keeping mine) and getting the Hellduke (which I've heard is compareable to the Dark Wanderer but imo looks better)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Manakel - Lost City
    Manakel - Lost City Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Im the same way about my pets- I like to do my own thing while they nom on a mob. But after doing the math, I found that it's worth it to have a tank and a dps pet. The GW is tank and IMO the DW is the ideal balance of tank/spank.

And also, any old tome will keep your pet full- the one in the CS is good for a week but every other one is permanent. The cheapest is the Christmas Tome at 800k, iirc.
  • Mauntille - Heavens Tear
    Mauntille - Heavens Tear Posts: 694 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Thank you both for your advice/input.

Glad to be of help! Sure as hell beats listening to this lecture on an ancient Zork style Star Trek game. -.-
    I do solo as much as I can. Though when it comes to dunegons (like BH29 and all that) pretty obvious I dont take that alone haha. Honestly, the only reason I want to get to a high level is to help people who are lower leveled (like how people help me with BH29)

In this case, you probably don't need a herc at all. While the herc is a superior pet to something like a walker, the free pets can do the job eventually. The only diffference is that it will be a little longer before you can solo them and you'll have to play cleric to your pet more. A couple bosses you'll never be able to solo, but to be quite frank, a herc can't solo them all either.
    The reason I am skeptical about a DD is because I like to have my pet tank and not have to worry too much and healing it so that I can attack as well without having to heal constantly.

The DD pets are more fragile than the tanking pets for sure, but they should be okay against most mobs. There are skills you can add to your pet such as tough and threaten that will make more resiliant if needed.
    Thank you for that 'rule of thumb' I will try to remember it :D Though, I best start getting the pet now so Im not leveling a level 5 to a 60 later on haha (random numbers)

Definitely keep your pets at or at least close to your level. After level 40, you can use the cube of fate for land pets (mentioned in a couple of the stickies). Air pets can be levelled at the Staunch Worms down in Raging Tides. So while it is possible to catch pets up many many levels, it's boring beyond belief. Three pets (tank, DD, and air) shouldn't be too hard to keep close to you. As for water pets, you _can_ get a low level turtle and level it up with you, but there aren't really good places to grind the water pets so most venos just catch a new one as needed until you can get the plumpfish at level 80. I can only ever remember hearing of one person who levelled a turtle from 5.
    But isn't the tome only valid for a week or so?

Ill have to look more into that.

The arcane pet book in the boutique will expire after week, but any of the in game tomes are permanent. The most common one is the Christmas blessing (+1% crit), since it comes out of the level 80 supply stash. Other tomes can be made with tome fragments (at low levels, you'll have to buy these from other players) and tome pages (makable with tokens). The lowest grade tomes cost 3 fragments and 4 pages and can be made at the forges in 1k streams.
  • Cocobelle - Sanctuary
    Cocobelle - Sanctuary Posts: 960 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    The DD pets are more fragile than the tanking pets for sure, but they should be okay against most mobs. There are skills you can add to your pet such as tough and threaten that will make more resiliant if needed.

I use a Kowlin or my Ninetailed Firefox when I do quests and they do just fine since their debuffs (Howl, etc) makes me deal more damage. Yes, they're more fragile and you will pull aggro but at least they die faster. Also, if you do get a DD pet or tank, roar would work out in terms of pulling aggro back. b:victory

Definitely keep your pets at or at least close to your level. After level 40, you can use the cube of fate for land pets (mentioned in a couple of the stickies). Air pets can be levelled at the Staunch Worms down in Raging Tides. So while it is possible to catch pets up many many levels, it's boring beyond belief. Three pets (tank, DD, and air) shouldn't be too hard to keep close to you. As for water pets, you _can_ get a low level turtle and level it up with you, but there aren't really good places to grind the water pets so most venos just catch a new one as needed until you can get the plumpfish at level 80. I can only ever remember hearing of one person who levelled a turtle from 5.

I can't imagine levelling a turtle from lv. 5 to 8x or higher. At lower levels, air pets will take so long to level through Stauch Worms since those mobs are lv. 100 and your pet will have to chase the Stauch Worms. In my opinion, the easiest way to level an air pet is just by killing air mobs in their level range until it catches up to your level and do quests.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    MANray_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,311 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    In general terms a DD pet should be better than a tank. The reason for this is there really isn't that much of a difference when it comes to general soloing requirements, as most bosses that can be handled by a tanking pet can also be done by a DD pet, with only a slight level difference at most... Theoretically a DD pet should be better in most frequently encountered scenarios other than multiples or bosses and is not made obsolete by Herc. However the Glacial Walker actually is a DD pet in it's own right, coming in as number 4 in damage output if i'm not mistaken, Herc itself should also make the cut as number 7 BTW. Proper skilling becomes a much more important factor amongst top tier pets, a multi-elemental magmite with Howl should outperform a poorly skilled Scorp or Wanderer.

There really isn't that much of a difference and i would rather recommend you make your choice based on your playing style. A good example is if you have an offense oriented build such as pure mag, in theory a tanking pet could complement your lower defenses while a DD pet would help increase your specialization in damage output. Both are legitimate choices to make. This is a question that can only be answered based on your own build and preferences.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    MystiMonk - Sanctuary Posts: 4,286 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Theoretically a DD pet should be better in most frequently encountered scenarios other than multiples or bosses and is not made obsolete by Herc.

Those Pets will eventually be obsolete by Herc unless you just plan on luring with them only.Those other pets can't solo any instances especially TT and FF.You are very limited on what you can do and no serious Faction will except you for TW unless you got one.You being on my server it is one of the recruiting policies that Legendary has.

I will say this that those Venos who either by saving up or just outright buying battle pet pack deserve the to get picked over those without as to the investment made.GW,DW,C Mags,Sawflies and Skatefish are easy to get a Legendary isn't or if you bought it with real money.
    Looking for a decent casual understanding Faction.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Those Pets will eventually be obsolete by Herc unless you just plan on luring with them only.

Then i guess your hero Tweakz is wrong along with quite a few regular posters in this forums.

As for Leg let's just say i'm actually very familiar with how this guild was run something over a year ago. I did not aprove...
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Then i guess your hero Tweakz is wrong along with quite a few regular posters in this forums.

As for Leg let's just say i'm actually very familiar with how this guild was run something over a year ago. I did not aprove...

shut it **** head
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    tweakz wrote: »
    shut it **** head

It's you who should be keeping his trap shut. You are a coward unable to back his own claims and on top of that a spoiled brat with a scat fetish.
  • Manakel - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Those Pets will eventually be obsolete by Herc unless you just plan on luring with them only.Those other pets can't solo any instances especially TT and FF.You are very limited on what you can do and no serious Faction will except you for TW unless you got one.You being on my server it is one of the recruiting policies that Legendary has.

I will say this that those Venos who either by saving up or just outright buying battle pet pack deserve the to get picked over those without as to the investment made.GW,DW,C Mags,Sawflies and Skatefish are easy to get a Legendary isn't or if you bought it with real money.

What part of "don't suggest a Hurc" don't you understand? The Hurc is not and has never been a neccessary part of gameplay. I remember when having a Herc meant that factions and squads respected you and made sure they didn't **** you off. Now, people like you and Tweakz (if you aren't the same person), act like if you don't have one you aren't worth the pixels that make up your model. I might have looked past how ugly the Hurc was, and eventually gotten one, but now I would not get one for anything. If someone gave me the coins, SoF, or eggs- I'd just sell them and buy my GW the legendary skills.
  • Meyki - Sanctuary
    Meyki - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Herc > veno
    b:shutup
  • Manakel - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Herc > veno
    b:shutup

Good thing i saw your edit, lol.
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Lol why, whenever somebody starts a thread about pets, it has to turn into a Herc Vs Non-herc thread?
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Manakel - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Lol why, whenever somebody starts a thread about pets, it has to turn into a Herc Vs Non-herc thread?

Because it seems the only advice Mysti/Tweakz can give is "get a Hurc".
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    What part of "don't suggest a Hurc" don't you understand? The Hurc is not and has never been a neccessary part of gameplay. I remember when having a Herc meant that factions and squads respected you and made sure they didn't **** you off. Now, people like you and Tweakz (if you aren't the same person), act like if you don't have one you aren't worth the pixels that make up your model. I might have looked past how ugly the Hurc was, and eventually gotten one, but now I would not get one for anything. If someone gave me the coins, SoF, or eggs- I'd just sell them and buy my GW the legendary skills.

I hate to break to you but they are and to get herc skills for a GW is a waste of coin and not to mention the amount of time.I will say any TW faction wants you to have a Leg. pet.I really don't think you understand what makes up a herc but pre lvled 5 skills are a apart of it.it shows that you aren't willing to put the time into your Veno denying them of this privilege which other classes can't own.You don't know what you are talking about untill you get one.

It shows that ppl like Tweakz and I are supporting the game as he scrounged and saved up and I bought mine when there were sales.
    Because it seems the only advice Mysti/Tweakz can give is "get a Hurc".
    This is not the advice we are giving out if you read carefully.
  • Manakel - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    stuff

Honey, I treat my veno right and I do support this game- but I don't buy weapons from the CS. To me it's just a matter of principle. Eventually I'll get my Veno up enough to do these instances and prove that Hurcs- while the easiest way to do it, are not the only way.

Two legendary skills on LC cost about 17 mil each- Now that was when gold was 320k, it's higher now I imagine but still at/under 40mil. To 5 those would take 1.6 mil. The most you want is three since you need a minimum of one bash skill- so in total about 16mil less than a Hurc, and comperable stats.
    This is not the advice we are giving out if you read carefully.

(yes you are, but for some reason you dont see what you're typing) And I'm not saying don't get one- but it's not the only option.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Honey, I treat my veno right and I do support this game- but I don't buy weapons from the CS. To me it's just a matter of principle. Eventually I'll get my Veno up enough to do these instances and prove that Hurcs- while the easiest way to do it, are not the only way.

Two legendary skills on LC cost about 17 mil each- Now that was when gold was 320k, it's higher now I imagine but still at/under 40mil. To 5 those would take 1.6 mil. The most you want is three since you need a minimum of one bash skill- so in total about 16mil less than a Hurc, and comperable stats.
    Don't call me honey and you don't treat your Veno right by denying her the privilege of owning a Leg.You do support in what way and there are no CS weapons.Hercs will be the only pet as it is gong to take you a long time to get those skill as well to as to level them.That is 17 mill at lvl 1 all hercs have lvl5 skills from lvl1.Your Walker will never match Herc anyday if you understood them.

(yes you are, but for some reason you dont see what you're typing) And I'm not saying don't get one- but it's not the only option.
    I do see what I am typing.
  • Cocobelle - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    At higher levels, a herc or non-herced veno won't really matter because your pet will barely do the tanking due to high DDs. The only instance I can think of a herc being able to tank properly is in TT or Frost. Nonetheless, most of the bosses you'll encounter, a barb will be tanking the boss unless you plan to tank.

I actually find making a GW with herc skills interesting. I'd choose bless (increase HP), reflect, and protect (magic shell skill, I think - correct me if I'm wrong). If I had the coins right now, I would definitely think of making a Shadou Cub with rare pet skills. I've met a veno who had a shadou cub with claw, bless and reflect and it worked out as a pretty good tank. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I wish there weren't Legendary Pets at all but just the Legendary Skills. Imagine the variety of pets that could exist and how many good pets you could build. I'm not talking about tank pets only but about DPS/Support ones as well. That would mean to either have the skills in the boutique or make the Temple of the Dragon easier. Thought I would prefer the first choice. It could be tickets that you'd have to gather (not as much as 9999 SoF/PF) or buying a Legendary Book with a chance to win one of those Legendary skills (not regular pet skills included).

I'm sorry for going off topic but I really wanted to say it! XD
    I would love to see the Cub.....*_*
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Manakel - Lost City
    edited October 2010
    Don't call me honey and you don't treat your Veno right by denying her the privilege of owning a Leg.You do support in what way and there are no CS weapons.Hercs will be the only pet as it is gong to take you a long time to get those skill as well to as to level them.That is 17 mill at lvl 1 all hercs have lvl5 skills from lvl1.Your Walker will never match Herc anyday if you understood them.

The Hurc and nix are weapons. Any pet is a weapon, since you attack with it. I support the game by buying fashion and areogear- and occasionally buying gold to sell as coins. Ive never said the Herc wasn't the best tank, its just not the only one. At lv90 the difference is 1k HP (a large difference, I'll admit- but not crippling); 700mdef, and 200 pdef. (due to demenishing (spelling?) returns, not a big difference).

I do see what I am typing.

Then don't say that "get a Hurc" is not the only advice you give, when almost every post you make in a "what pet/skills" thread is "save your money for a Hurc, since it renders everything but a nix obsolete."
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Then don't say that "get a Hurc" is not the only advice you give, when almost every post you make in a "what pet/skills" thread is "save your money for a Hurc, since it renders everything but a nix obsolete."

Please read more carefully and it is Herc not Hurc and I do tell others to get a Phoenix.I don't always give this advice out only don't level up the skill to much on a disposable pet.I am not the only one who gives this advice and if you ever seen one in action you would be surprised but only as an owner.I gave this advice out to and said lvl up 1 maybe 2 only.btw your voice tone sounds hostile.

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=903782

To Cocobelle they can be made for defending a squad while the barb is attacking the boss especially the Cleric.
  • gelnd
    gelnd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Please read more carefully and it is Herc not Hurc and I do tell others to get a Phoenix.

I don't think the issue is *which* leg. pet you're telling people to get. :P I think the issue is insisting people spend ~200 bucks on any leg. pet. :P
    btw your voice tone sounds hostile.

I wonder why? It couldn't be because a thread started to ask a perfectly legit question was turned into yet another "buy a herc" thread... I mean, what reasonable person would be at all hostile after having his/her thread derailed by posters touting a worn out and obsessive mantra? ;)

P.S. I say this not as a Herc hater. If I stick with PW for any length of time I'll probably save up for one. I just get so tired of hearing people insisting you "have to have" a $200 dollar piece of equipment to play a veno properly.
  • MANray_ - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    I wish there weren't Legendary Pets at all but just the Legendary Skills. Imagine the variety of pets that could exist and how many good pets you could build. I'm not talking about tank pets only but about DPS/Support ones as well. That would mean to either have the skills in the boutique or make the Temple of the Dragon easier. Thought I would prefer the first choice. It could be tickets that you'd have to gather (not as much as 9999 SoF/PF) or buying a Legendary Book with a chance to win one of those Legendary skills (not regular pet skills included).

I'm sorry for going off topic but I really wanted to say it! XD
    I would love to see the Cub.....*_*

THIS. Legendary pets were not an original part of the pet system and were not even included when this version first launched... I have long suspected that cute rares were once meant to be the top tier as their size is itself a considerable advantage (let's remember tab targetting is a relatively recent addition), although they weren't unbalanced enough they would replace all other pets. Also, there seems to have been a different gameplay design in place, as the enormous number of pets with mag tanking stats and pulling specs seem to indicate a larger emphasys on these roles. The idea that pet luring was actually a glitch is wrong and one of many unfortunate legacies that PW-MY players brought to this version...

The ultimate tank (a Shaodu Cub) was balanced with low dps, making the Magmite a legitimate choice except on mag bosses, where it could be substistuted by an Antelope (High mag def, high dps) or by any other number of mag tankers. Rare pet skills however would have allowed all players to basically choose whatever pets they liked the most, and i suspect some (such as Consume and Devour) could have at first be meant as advantages that would complement the stats of now rarely used pets. There's a stunning, often ignored, model of grimalkin which can easily compete with Kowlin on stats alone for instance. Ranged tanking and luring seem to have been included as Easter eggs, but not as substitutes for other pets, which explains why these characteristics are only found in a few, relatively unattractive models. The veno pet system was designed to be flexible enough to allow for diversity, and most pet families usually include one or two models which are good enough to use for some purpose.

This all came crashing down with the introduction of legendary pets, and the beautifully designed pet system was overtaken by them. Rather than veno being a class which attracted people that wanted to explore this aspect of the game, it became a haven for minmaxers ready to milk the advantages of what was now become an OP class, which later on led to veno being considerably nerfed. TB pets, while wonderful models and great additions, further wrecked pet diversity...

The basics, however, are still there. You can still make a very unique veno specializing on insect pets for instance. Legendary pets were themselves nerfed by making endgame content available at the cash shop, which made them relatively less powerful outside their specialized roles. This means the only real obstacle to pet diversity is now found in the prejudiced attitudes of what is unfortunately a large number of high level noobs.

Choose what pets better fit your playing style and find ways to make them work. I do one day hope to get myself a couple of rare skills (Claw for the Tabby, Blessing for the Cub) that will allow them to become top tier pets, and i'll get a Nix for my final air pet if i'm able to. If herc is the best choice for you, go ahead, it is no doubt a terrific pet and above all others when it comes to tanking or multiples. The imporatnt thing is for you to enjoy your char. Veno is suposed to be a PET CLASS, not easy mode (it's actually more challenging to play veno right than other classes), not a money maker (BM would be better for grinding/farming, Cleric/Barb will allow you to farm more instances at high levels, Sin is the new solo class to farm instances with) and certainly not a class that can be only geared/spec'ed or played in just one way (venos can competently use all armors and have the widest range of choices regarding builds).

If you're a minmaxer then learn to read the writing on the wall. You should be playing a Sin.
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    gelnd wrote: »
    I don't think the issue is *which* leg. pet you're telling people to get. :P I think the issue is insisting people spend ~200 bucks on any leg. pet. :P
    I am not insisting on people to get a Leg. pet just don't invest so much coin sp in non Leg. Pet.

I wonder why? It couldn't be because a thread started to ask a perfectly legit question was turned into yet another "buy a herc" thread... I mean, what reasonable person would be at all hostile after having his/her thread derailed by posters touting a worn out and obsessive mantra? ;)

I didn't say to get Leg. pet now did I and nor did I derail the thread.
  • gelnd
    gelnd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I am not insisting on people to get a Leg. pet just don't invest so much coin sp in non Leg. Pet.

Lets attempt the difficult feat of applying logic to this situation. If you don't have and don't plan on getting a Leg. pet, then your non-Leg. pets will be your endgame pets. Now... I'm going to take a leap of faith and assume we can all agree that one prefers one's endgame gear to be as functional as possible. This would mean... take a deep breath and get ready for it... upgrading the skills on your non-Leg. pets.

MsytiMonk wrote:
    I didn't say to get Leg. pet now did I and nor did I derail the thread.

I really don't feel like indulging in this childish level of argumentation, but I'm going to quote from one of your previous posts: "you don't treat your Veno right by denying her the privilege of owning a Leg." Now, you may attempt to spin that any way you like, but its quite clear you are saying that a veno who doesn't get a Leg. is doing something wrong. If you can't see it, try this; get a dictionary, look up the meaning of each word you used, and then examine the meaning that would ensue from using these words together as you did in the text I quoted.
  • Cocobelle - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    To Cocobelle they can be made for defending a squad while the barb is attacking the boss especially the Cleric.

Ridiculous answer, honestly. b:chuckle Any pet can be made for defending a squad. It's just that the herc does it well compared to others but that doesn't mean other pets are completely replaceable. Heck, I use my Kowlin more than my herc because of its debuffs.

And if they like the pet, why not invest in skills? I know I like my Kowlin and for sure I will invest in its skills. Not every single veno has to save up for a herc. It's not a necessity like you think, it's more like a luxury.

Most venos save up for it, sure. But that doesn't mean they can't spend their coin on something else they like and if they prefer to spend it on upgrading skills on a pet they prefer, then it's not exactly "wasting coins".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Meyki - Sanctuary
    Meyki - Sanctuary Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Thanks for this post MANray. A lot of text but also a lot of interesting informations included. (Usually walls of text are full of bull****.)
  • MystiMonk - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    gelnd wrote: »
    Lets attempt the difficult feat of applying logic to this situation. If you don't have and don't plan on getting a Leg. pet, then your non-Leg. pets will be your endgame pets. Now... I'm going to take a leap of faith and assume we can all agree that one prefers one's endgame gear to be as functional as possible. This would mean... take a deep breath and get ready for it... upgrading the skills on your non-Leg. pets.
    Why would you though especially to lvl 5 and possibly if you are going to get rid of that pet.

I really don't feel like indulging in this childish level of argumentation, but I'm going to quote from one of your previous posts: "you don't treat your Veno right by denying her the privilege of owning a Leg." Now, you may attempt to spin that any way you like, but its quite clear you are saying that a veno who doesn't get a Leg. is doing something wrong. If you can't see it, try this; get a dictionary, look up the meaning of each word you used, and then examine the meaning that would ensue from using these words together as you did in the text I quoted.
    I am not child as bought my Leg. with real money.I don't need to look up those exact words and where do you get off calling one this as you can't do it yourself.Don't try and be so smart as I am a lot older than you are and been out of school a lot longer.

This is another reason FactionLook at what it says about Venos

To Cocobelle
    Most venos save up for it, sure. But that doesn't mean they can't spend their coin on something else they like and if
    Why save up for one if you have the money just but one with your CC?I did and the Faction that my Veno is in did.