Comments

• XChrono - Sanctuary
    XChrono - Sanctuary Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    ^ohhh epic loved that game, yes to great idea

@ Silvy
    Id fight with 2 whips D: im not *** >.>
    but here's my idea, instead of literal whips, im thinking whip like weapons, you know like Renji's sword in bleach. So... basically whip like swords, or both... and the castlevania whip like weaps too. Egs of cool whips http://media.photobucket.com/image/whip%20sword/59WOLF/weapons/Scorpion_by_malmida.jpg http://greywolf.critter.net/images/ad&d/clipart/whip-rat-tail.jpg and like what that layd from soul caliber uses and i think there was one in prince of Persia.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
  • tearvalerin
    tearvalerin Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Yaay, artwork. As for colouring the mobs... don't colour it yet please, we might be vote on possible colours once we know what we're facing^^

@Avryll (don't circumvent your forum ban please ^.^)

So you're missing the connection to the Chinese mythology. Now, my dearest friend, you may tell me how Tideborns connect to it. And Winged Elves. And Untamed.

Rip-offs, hum? C'est la vie, brother, you could basically consider everything as a rip-off.
    And come on. PWi itself is already a rip-off. Just take a look on all those "assassin" skills and compare them to a rogue.

Btw. now you're pissed off and flame around, because you failed at your Moderator Application since Mr. Raye figured out who you were? Poor ^.^

Sorry, but I ever considered double whips and single whips as one weapon type...
    who **** in your cheerios? just because someone doesn't like an idea, its open season to trash on them? especially when they've A. done nothing to you B. you're jumping to stupid conclusions? you aren't a mod, don't act like one by telling people what to do. you have no say in who gets accepted or rejected in moderation apps, you arent a GM. if anything, you're a pretentious ***** who needs a good slap to the face from your pimp's hand, get back to the kitchen, *** hole.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    last name ever, first name greatest
    like a sprained ankle, i aint something you wanna play with.
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I do, I do! xD W o W ... I think at least Priests can control mobs and even players in PvP.

Hmm... okay.... buuuuut ... if you think a bit over double whips... they're totally ghay. D:
    I mean PWE for sure employs programming monkeys... and the outcome wouldn't be that great... imagine a character holding 2 whips in both hands... when that character is attacking, those whips would be synchro... (or not), not even speaking of the non-fighting animation... And who would fight with two whips anyway... Not even my friend Google can show me any pictures... I'd rather fight with one whip and a sword o_o

Just my two cents ^^

No no imagine like this Not fighting would just be wavy and long. They will have the same sprite movement as say as clothing when running or walking. :3 Be all wavy. They are energy whips after all and not plain.

OMG! Castlevania. Love that game. Excellent example.

Tear, it wasn't because he hated the idea. It was because he's fighting with a hole in his argument.
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • tearvalerin
    tearvalerin Posts: 107 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    what was there being argued? he stated his opinion, and she decides to bring irrelevant roasts into the fire. its **** like that that royally annoys the eff outa me.

...and yay casltevania, i've been whipping vampires since sept 26th 1989.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    last name ever, first name greatest
    like a sprained ankle, i aint something you wanna play with.
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Ah just fu.ck you. I don't care at all.

Well... double whips. Sure whip swords and all those kinds of awesome thingies are nice, but I'm still doubtful about fighting with two whips. The dev's would mess that up for sure D:
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Ah just fu.ck you. I don't care at all.

Well... double whips. Sure whip swords and all those kinds of awesome thingies are nice, but I'm still doubtful about fighting with two whips. The dev's would mess that up for sure D:

**** the devs. They'll make it work if they want more players to join aka moa cash $$$ monae
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • Kaste - Sanctuary
    Kaste - Sanctuary Posts: 1,353 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Well i mean Simon Belmont is the master of killing things with whips, we should ask him xD
    Feel free to PM me for help.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mistress Myra forced me to use her sigpic ↑
    With PWI since Dec 21st '08
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=922912
    youtube.com/user/kasPWI
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    s-trolling : D
    trolling for the slow walkers o.o

kitten's dual whip idea can work but meh either that or we can split it into whip swords and normal whips, where whip swords would be a bit stronger and slower.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
  • Mel_ - Heavens Tear
    Mel_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Love it love it love it :D maybe have different forms they can take on maybe? kinda like venos but more like a small dragon or bat or something.
    Mel -
    Heavens Tear
    Untamed /Venomancer

Ushio -
    Heavens Tear
    Tideborn /Assassin
  • LordKoopa - Archosaur
    LordKoopa - Archosaur Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I really like the cursed idea... PWI has 51 pages of brainstorming they will be dumb not to release a Race similar to this...

i think though the race should be a Vampire Race but there called "The Cursed" because there cursed to live forever and the only thing they can consume for food is blood, not to mention they have to leave there loved one's because they see them as food b:sad good sad story.

It can also be that this Race was once human and Wraiths are responsible for Turning humans in to bloodsucking monsters. After so many humans turn in to monsters they created civilization hidden from Perfect World to protect them selfs and other residents of Perfect World.

None of the other races have a good/evil path, it's up to the programmers to decide if this one should... i wish

The claws and fangs appearance sound pretty prefect for a add-on classes PWI should defiantly should use your ideas as long as any new content comes out I'll be happy b:pleased
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Love it love it love it :D maybe have different forms they can take on maybe? kinda like venos but more like a small dragon or bat or something.

That would definitely lead too far ^^

Next class of a new race will be shapeshifters.
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    druid D: WoW... well at least i think thats the class, only know wow from what my friends say

Also @LordKoopa - we already have a story for the cursed and also, check out the site.

I think we should share the weaps with other classes cause i mean.. they hav alot... maybe share some and make some restricted. Like maybe allowing nunchuks and cleavers but restricting whip and shields. And for SS.. well gunstaffs can't be shared, they too special and faith too...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Druids are correct.

Anyway since when can we write out WoW again? :O

Ahhh, I've got a banner for the Cursed page.

Credits go to HealMayhem, so if you accept it as a banner, please make sure to credit him as well.

http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/5223/cursedbannerbyhealmayhe.jpg
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    cool ima use it as mah sig
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Lol, Chrono.

It wasn't meant as a real sig xD

But I could ask Mayhem if he wants to make us some kind of Support Signature ^^

EDIT:

PWI 2012.
    A new race... woohoo... not only is this upcoming expansion a mere Cataclyst rip-off, no that new race... reminds me at least a bit of the Cursed.

Cinderboy's Article
    During the year 2012 (in-game calender), the mysterious Spirit Tribe foresaw a catastrophe so great that it will reshape the entire world, and hence led all lifeforms to a safe haven before cataclysm strikes. After the prophecy came true, a long-hidden underground city was uncovered and rose to the ground

... *rolleyes*
  • yungtey13
    yungtey13 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    "I really like the cursed idea... PWI has 51 pages of brainstorming they will be dumb not to release a Race similar to this...

i think though the race should be a Vampire Race but there called "The Cursed" because there cursed to live forever and the only thing they can consume for food is blood, not to mention they have to leave there loved one's because they see them as food good sad story.

It can also be that this Race was once human and Wraiths are responsible for Turning humans in to bloodsucking monsters. After so many humans turn in to monsters they created civilization hidden from Perfect World to protect them selfs and other residents of Perfect World.

None of the other races have a good/evil path, it's up to the programmers to decide if this one should... i wish

The claws and fangs appearance sound pretty prefect for a add-on classes PWI should defiantly should use your ideas as long as any new content comes out I'll be happy"

i definately like this idea...i think they should go for it as soon as the TideBorn mess blows over...maybe in 3-4 months?
  • Zand_pyrite - Sanctuary
    Zand_pyrite - Sanctuary Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I like the way you thought everything out. This would be interesting to see implemented in game. But I have one question: where on the over-world map do you see them opening this up to fill in the new zones? The way you make it sound it seems like it would be near the Land of Buried Bones, which putting a starting area right next to that area is a little dangerous.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Lol, Chrono.

It wasn't meant as a real sig xD

But I could ask Mayhem if he wants to make us some kind of Support Signature ^^

EDIT:

PWI 2012.
    A new race... woohoo... not only is this upcoming expansion a mere Cataclyst rip-off, no that new race... reminds me at least a bit of the Cursed.

Cinderboy's Article

... *rolleyes*

Hahahaahaaa this is awesome! You guys realized they read this forum right? :3

I mean look at it. The two classes have double names. SS and BS. The SS is our Shadow Spectar and the BS is our Shaodw Hunter xP

A city underground? That's sooooo has lots of dirt. Dirt may = lots O sand xDDDD

That lava pic looks like it could be Pan Gu's Hatred.

Seriously! Read that story then red your story O_O
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    HOLY SHHHIIZZZZ

pppppllllllzzzzzz have used our ideas plzzzzzzzzzz want jyg NH D:, well sumn like it at least

you know its funn tho. as i decide to start playing another mmo they say a new expansion is coming.. now im drawn back to pw...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
  • Tidebornisim - Raging Tide
    Tidebornisim - Raging Tide Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    I agree with the Starter place idea, you should think of putting it more west, away from the level 106 mobs... seriously, if you travel that way, you can get 1hit k0.
    StickyGreen - Level 9x Heavens Tear

Less QQ more Pew Pew b:thanks
  • SilverCleric - Lost City
    SilverCleric - Lost City Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Welp, we are getting a new race but I'm not sure if this is the one you wanted.. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

✰The Nostradamus of PWI ✰

★ A not so Retired Veteran of PWI ★

✰ ~SilverCleric~ ✰
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    yea but we are getting a new race, and thats good enough.
    plus there's no way the made 2 more dd classes and if the new race is supposed to be some special ppl that predicted the destruction or wtv, then they gotta be a balanced self-sustaining race, so im thinking they doing a tank + cleric.

And they are spirit classes or sumn apparently so cross fingers for spirit summons?

Also yea i kno it wasn't meant as a sig but as a banner. I just decided to use it cuase it looks cool and mine was reeaaally old anyways.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
    edited October 2010
    Options
    They took our idea. Trust mez. I mean look at it.
    2012 wrote:
    During the year 2012 (in-game calender), the mysterious Spirit Tribe foresaw a catastrophe so great that it will reshape the entire world, and hence led all lifeforms to a safe haven before cataclysm strikes.
    Cursed wrote:
    But he couldn't destroy all the life. After the confident of Pan Gu discovered the god's plan of getting rid of all those living beings, he warned and informed the people close to him and chose the way to betray Pan Gu. But not only the pure beings heard the warning.

Smells the same to me.
    2012 wrote:
    After the prophecy came true, a long-hidden underground city was uncovered and rose to the ground. It was the birthplace of the mysterious Spirit Tribe, who actually came from an alternate dimension.
    Cursed wrote:
    The purest and skilled beings made out of Pan Gu's shadow fought their way through their corrupted brothers and fled to the western part of the Perfect World, hiding in a dark but also fertile area. There they built their own little realm, living hardworking but were glad to be alive. And so they started to build a city. Afraid of getting killed by the ferocious Pan Gu, they dig themselves their own graves. They buried themselves alive.

After the great flood the purest beings oh the first creation came back to the surface, finding themselves located in a desert. Being hated by the Wraith and abandoned by Pan Gu, they called themselves the Cursed after resting as undead corpses below the surface for aeons.

So the Cursed had to of had an underground city. They're just making the flood the catastrophe to make them come out. You see the water in the pic destroying the city?b:thanks
    2012 wrote:
    The Spirit Tribe will be the latest race to join Perfect World's game content. Born with a spiritual "third eye", they command strange mystical powers, including the ability to foresee the future.

They don't necessarily have to have a "third eye". The third eye is a symbol of enlightenment and such. But it'll be cool if they cover their other eyes with Faith and have the third eye still uncovered for the SS. I mean look! They have double names! Shadow Specter ----> Spirit Shaman. Blade Spirit ----> Night Hunter. Strange mystical powers sounds like a mage mixed with a cleric for the SS and the NH aka BS can have the venomancer type of ability with summoning spirits aka wraiths still.
    PWI wrote:
    Players will be able to participate in helping to restore the world back to its Perfect state. What changes has the destruction brought upon our Perfect World? What new challenges await you? Prepare yourself for Genesis!

Now if that isn't our idea with a bit of a twist and re-wording. I don't know what is. xDD At least we know one is arcane. Ha ha. Pwi article

We gave them ideas and we were heardz =^.^=
    Hehee the EarthGuard. >.> Cursed sounded betterz lol
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Only thing is, there race seems more of a light race than our dark race.
    Im really interested in seeing what weapons these new classes use and what they specialize in. More then likely they are tank and healer but i think its gonna have a twist to it.

Starting back pw and rerolling as a BS immediately. I wonder what they are gonna look like though. Like how TB's have fish fins for ears, and WE have well they have wings... and untamed are beasts and pretty forest animals o.o. But yea i hope they don't look weird or have a bad connotation like the fishy TB's who then made it worse by turning into merpeople for a medi.... I pratically never use my medi because of that....

I was thing they would make the new phys class use a shield but Blade Spirit doesn't really sound like a shield wielder..
    It does seem like the phys class will have some magic atks too like the archer tho. And since we have 3 melee phys classes and only 1 range im thinking the BS are gonna have some range whether by special magic atks or a range weapon.

Just gotta wait and see i guess. Teh gm only said itd be much sooner than 2012... but that could still mean a year o.o. Itd be nice if it came out by dec. but i don't see that happening. Well i have major exams coming up so itd prolly be better for me if it came out after june..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Oh my... the now confirmed article (with the actual translations) seems... frankly spoken, totally ghay (yes, I'm addicted to that phrase and have to say it up to twenty times a day... blame Jason Steele).

It was quite fine with the rough translations of cinderboy... but... Earthguard?
    Seriously? Sounds like they're going to look like those mobs... so we have our dwarf-like race. Nice.

Another point. I somewhat believed PW would stick to the Chinese elements with the expansion themes and names (Rising Tide - Water, Lost Empire - Earth, Age of the Spirits - Metal... etc. I thought they would bring in one with fire and one with dragons as well...).
    So I was proved wrong. They seem to go by races (Human - Fire, Winged Elves - Metal, Untamed - Wood, TideBorns - Water... and now Earthguards - Earth)

I'm curious though out of what belonging to Pan Gu they were created. But well... this wasn't mentioned at all with Tideborns too...

All in all... the outcome of this new expansion is rather poor and disappointed and I'm sure PW is digging their own graves. Or maybe they're at decorating those at the moment.

If they really used parts of our idea, I'd be surprised if they give us credit in some way or claiming this "oh so bright and NOT ripped-off ideas" for themselves.

But well, there was once a beta tester or so who helped PWE along and he was credited by them naming an item after him (Ence's Scar)
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    :o I pray that we don't have dwarves or mole ppl... please.... I hate short characters... and mmo's seem to like the ideaa of dwarves >.> IT IS NOT COOL D:

so i'll just keep hope alive till they release concept art of pics of them.

It would be cool if they used our ideas then credited us but even in the minuscule chance that they did, they'll prolly just credit us as a group. Itd be nice if they gave us bonuses for a new character of the new race for us. But life isn't so... convenient and i doubt we could be that lucky...

Though other than being dwarves, what do you suppose they'd look like. You know they did say that the earthguard are arcane, spiritual and psychic ppl or sumn with the control over nature. And i don't see dwarve being spirtual or magical as a matter of fact o.o

They are a Spirit tribe so they will look like Spirit O.o. Maybe a spirit form. Or maybe they summon spirits or.... something else cool....

And the classes will be called Seeker and Mystic instead of Blade Spirit and Spirit Shaman :O
    Mystic/Spirit Shaman will be something like this ?http://nwn2.wikia.com/wiki/Spirit_Shaman
    Seems like i really could be our SS.

I see some ppl sayin it'll come out this december like TB was perhaps? Though i don't see it coming out so quick because there's only a month and so till then.

OMGGGGGG I just realised, If the entire pw world/map is gunno be remade guess what that means. ........ YUP
    TW MAP RESETTTTTT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!: D YAAAAAAAAY Sanc is saved.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Would they really reset the map? If so. I wanna get a territory at least once with my one-man/one-woman guild xDDDDDDDDDDDD It's been so long since I went up against territory monsters.
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^

I'm for The Cursed!
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    lol they have to reset, for one, its a new map o.o
    and plus even if they don't. there will still be empty places from the new race.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    Bringing in some updates in case you don't look often in to General Discussion:

http://event51.wanmei.com/w2i/201010/mingyun/index.htm

"Third Eye" - Earthguard

"Concept Art" :

Seeker

Mystic

Stolen from this closed thread.

So who knows how big those human-like creatures really are...?

TBH those pictures don't even look like PW... more like FW ...

EDIT:
    The 3D viewer of the wanmei page is awfully slow, same counts for the page itself.
    The background music is nice o.o
  • XChrono - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Options
    OMG yes ! the music is so awesome.

I went to the general discussion b4 i cam here >.> so i had to search...
    thanx for posting anyways tho b:laugh

I'll be rerolling as a seeker : D
    will you start back too silvy?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Support The Cursed Race
    Ninja Assassin ~
    Chrono ~
This discussion has been closed.