Official-- Suggested rules of Suggestion Box

Comments

• Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Sorry, I' m horrible at explaining things. It sounds good in my head, but I get it out, and it's all jumbled haha. An example being, those noobs to the suggestion box who post over, and over, and over, about the same suggestion, but I only took one (or two if you count the imply about necro) of the rules as an example. Make more sense?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Sorry, I' m horrible at explaining things. It sounds good in my head, but I get it out, and it's all jumbled haha. An example being, those noobs to the suggestion box who post over, and over, and over, about the same suggestion, but I only took one (or two if you count the imply about necro) of the rules as an example. Make more sense?

THIS makes sense. Thought it has nothing to do with what I wrote (you.. complementing yourself via an alt).

I guess it made you feel warm inside when you posted such nice things on your alt about yourself... I mean, when you just posted on your alt to set an example LOLb:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    No... I think you're still misunderstanding me. I needed a way to start off the post, so yes I complimented, so it would seem more realistic, because a lot of people do do that. But it was as an example, and I'm not so desperate as to give myself kudos, people do that in forums, ingame, and.. OMG! b:shocked.. in real life too!... on their own :O.. :)

• I_Snipe - Lost City
    I_Snipe - Lost City Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    am i the only one that feels this way?

Genies need to be updated with TIDEBORN exclusive skills. They are the only race without their "own" genie skills.
    edited September 2010
    uhm wrong thread?

but ya I guess you're right, I mean it's only fair...

• Kawailele - Sanctuary
    Kawailele - Sanctuary Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    am i the only one that feels this way?

Genies need to be updated with TIDEBORN exclusive skills. They are the only race without their "own" genie skills.

yes i feel the same as well b:pleased...for psy it would be ........ im hoping that it would be like increase ? % of defense = to a ??? % of your soulforce that last ??? amount of sec.... i no i no ... u might be thinking y would psy need that? they have white voodoo and psychic will ....well in between cool down's is 1 of the psychic weakness so u cant spam psy will .....even 10 sec is not that good vs uber charm barb (but dont get me wrong it is a sexy skill that is the bomb XD ..and there is still a chance 2 win lol) and when ppl pop out of no were like sin's barbs with arma,seeing archer setting up for a 1-3 shot with stun immune with no time to act maybe u can live with a click of this ganie skill lol..and with white voodoo on we may live longer with it on but some times our damage is a little sad(well i think it is some time's :)..)and some hits are still strong.. and i would type more but i m 2 lazy right now b:chuckle as 4 the sin's i don't no...
    what comes up must come down what goes in must come out! b:chuckle b:surprisedb:mischievous
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I suddenly thought of something that would have been pretty obvious to encourage more thoughtful suggestions.

Justifying your suggestions:
    Sell your idea to people but don't flame/troll when posting replies to other people
    Give convincing reasons why this should be implemented
    It being in another game and working does not count as justification.The situation in the games might be different(different player base,culture of those playing etc.) so the results may be totally different
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I suddenly thought of something that would have been pretty obvious to encourage more thoughtful suggestions.

Sell your idea to people but don't flame/troll when posting replies to other people
    It being in another game and working does not count as justification.The situation in the games might be different(different player base,culture of those playing etc.) so the results may be totally different

Sounds nice to me, great idea!
  • Scarlettie - Sanctuary
    Scarlettie - Sanctuary Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited September 2010

While I agree that a feature being in another game is not "justification" I can tell you right now, being a game dev myself, that is where a lot of ideas inside of games come from. A lot of dev's play hundreds of games and collect the idea's from all of the games they play. Like you said, it could have a detrimental impact on the game play of the existing game. However, this will not be known until you look at all of the variables. It could totally change the aspect of gameplay, then again it could simply enhance it.

TV
    edited September 2010
    Alright Kage, I'm adding it now. Nice one :)

EDIT: rule 9 has been added

• vuce
    vuce Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Alright Kage, I'm adding it now. Nice one :)

EDIT: rule 9 has been added

Hold on, shouldn't that be cleared by an official moderator before adding it? You aren't an official moderator and cannot add new rules to an official post without clearing it with an official moderator first.

Please remove this rule and get it cleared officially first.

Thank you.

Edit: Also the title of this thread is very confusing, Official -- Suggested rules is an oxymoron. They are either official rules to be followed or rules that are mearlly suggested to the user to use, not both. This needs to be changed. If they are Official rules then the title needs to be clear about that.
    edited September 2010
    no... my thread was stickie'd for a reason. As it clearly says in MYYY OP post, I will be adding suggested rules from the rest of the community, if there's a disagreement, we'll take a community vote.. excuse me, a LARGE disagreement. If Frankie or Ary have a problem with a rule, I'm sure they'll either 1)pm me/post and ask me to remove or edit the rule 2)change it themselves

• Scarlettie - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    vuce wrote: »
    Hold on, shouldn't that be cleared by an official moderator before adding it? You aren't an official moderator and cannot add new rules to an official post without clearing it with an official moderator first.

Please remove this rule and get it cleared officially first.

Thank you.

Edit: Also the title of this thread is very confusing, Official -- Suggested rules is an oxymoron. They are either official rules to be followed or rules that are mearlly suggested to the user to use, not both. This needs to be changed. If they are Official rules then the title needs to be clear about that.

I completely agree, how on EARTH do you think you have the right to add/modify/change official rules AFTER its been stickied, your not a MOD regardless of who you THINK you are. This forum thread should be locked by a Mod and not changed except by a GM/forum mod. These are RULES for the entire board and not for a single person who has zero control or authority to be able to make changes. The first rules were accepted changes to them have not been. The utter and simple gall of this is amazing. I would ban you permanently from my forums if I EVER saw anything similar.
    edited September 2010
    Well this isnt your forums, and the idea of the thread was to add rules suggested by the community. I know I'm not a mod, I dont have the time to be a mod, but I will help them out if needs be. If you have a problem, I suggest u pm a Frankie or Ary or someone and talk about it with them :)

• vuce
    edited September 2010
    no... my thread was stickie'd for a reason. As it clearly says in MYYY OP post, I will be adding suggested rules from the rest of the community, if there's a disagreement, we'll take a community vote.. excuse me, a LARGE disagreement. If Frankie or Ary have a problem with a rule, I'm sure they'll either 1)pm me/post and ask me to remove or edit the rule 2)change it themselves

Sorry but it doesn't work like that. You can't just add any rule to your thread as you see fit. You could choose to put nobody using green text is allowed in here to post. That is ok because it is your thread. That's like me creating a thread with rules in and getting it sticked and then adding to the list half way through. Grippie can't post in here.

I think just because you've had your thread sticked that gives you more right to add new rules to the forum than any other. You CANNOT change the rules without the official ok from an official moderator first.

You ARE NOT an official moderator, stop acting like one. If you feel a rule needs to be added consult an officla moderator first. If this rule is not removed immediatly without the ok of a forum mod I will be making an official complaint against you.
  • Scarlettie - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Well this isnt your forums, and the idea of the thread was to add rules suggested by the community. I know I'm not a mod, I dont have the time to be a mod, but I will help them out if needs be. If you have a problem, I suggest u pm a Frankie or Ary or someone and talk about it with them :)

Grippie, it isn't YOUR forums either... Your not a mod, your not a gm, frankly you are a nobody JUST like me. I am not going to be bullied or have a community individual change rules on the fly for a forum they really have ZERO rights to moderator or run. Until you have been given the name MOD, GM or any of the others you have zero rights to make changes to an official stickied rules thread, regardless if it was your ORIGINAL thread. Remove the changes or I will make an official complaint against you for this.

EDIT: I have no personal issue against this rule, in fact it sounds like a good rule. However, this doesn't change the fact that your still not a mod with the authority to state new rules as being a RULE. Therefore you shouldn't add/remove/change anything in this post until approved by a mod first. It also was suggested by one person, not the community like you are claiming to support here. If you are REALLY about the community backing rules then you would make a POLL about it and ask the community if the rule should be accepted in. That is the proper way to "speak" for the community.
  • vuce
    edited September 2010
    EDIT: I have no personal issue against this rule, in fact it sounds like a good rule. However, this doesn't change the fact that your still not a mod with the authority to state new rules as being a RULE. Therefore you shouldn't add/remove/change anything in this post until approved by a mod first.

Absolutely 100% agree.
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Please stop this hatred.

The owner of this thread is Grippie.

By the requests of many people, including me, this thread was stickied since it even looked useful in the eyes of the administrators/moderators (namely Mr. Raye).

Another rule was suggested and being approved by more than one person.

What makes it valid and also useful.

And since Grippie is the moderator of HER very own useful thread, she can add new rules, which seem to be beneficial.

tl;dr

Her thread, her rules, end of story.

Don't bother the Admins/Mods with sending in a PM/Ticket, you'd just waste their time.
  • Scarlettie - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Please stop this hatred.

And since Grippie is the moderator of HER very own useful thread, she can add new rules, which seem to be beneficial.

Don't bother the Admins/Mods with sending in a PM/Ticket, you'd just waste their time.

1) No Hatred here... I have no personal vendetta or issue against anyone in this forum.

2) The owner of the thread is Grippie, that my friend is not the problem.

3) She is the OP of a thread that was stickied by the mods. Regardless of this, she has no rights to go back and edit/add/remove the board "rules" without first passing it by a mod. These are rules which have the potential of getting users yelled at or worse banned. She is no more important then any other person posting. What gives her the right to change rules willy nilly and apparently at her own whim. In fact, this entire forum post should be closed and ONLY edited by a mod.

4) Again, you are speaking for other people. You really have a very very very bad habit of that, I would look into that. It is considered to be incredibly rude and in many places gets you in some bad trouble.
  • vuce
    edited September 2010
    Please stop this hatred.

By the requests of many people, including me, this thread was stickied since it even looked useful in the eyes of the administrators/moderators (namely Mr. Raye).

Another rule was suggested and being approved by more than one person.

What makes it valid and also useful.

tl;dr

Her thread, her rules, end of story.

Again, no hatred here either.

Her Thread, her rules?
    So what you are saying is this one person ( Grippie ) dictates all the rules of this forum end of story? This is exactly what you are saying. I'm telling you that this is not the case until she gets GM or Mod status. Until then she HAS to pass ANY new rules by an official moderator before posting unless a moderator tells her otherwise and it is made official which at the time of posting it has not.

Grippie lost all direct use of her OP the second it was stickied. SHE CAN NOT ADD NEW RULES on a whim and without clearing it with an official moderator "PERIOD!"

I will also explain why she should not add any new rules before clearing it with the board managment. ( this is from experience running my own. ) If she decides to put in a rule that hasn't been cleared and someone acts upon that rule and then a moderator comes on some time later and diclares that rule is void and wants to remove it. The person who acted upon said rule may get warned or banned for mearly following a rule Grippie placed without clearing.

Official rules should be cleared by official moderators. Grippie IS NOT AN OFFICAL MODERATOR and needs to understand that and by the looks of things so do you.

I am now making an official complaint as this rule STILL hasn't been removed or officially cleared.

Have a nice day.
    edited September 2010
    Let me start by saying, I do not think I am a mod, nor do I want to be one considering I dont have time with three jobs and a baby. I do, however, feel as someone who apprciates what they do for us as volunteers (and GMs as employees) that I can lend a helping hand. Like I said before, the thread was made in the intentions of getting stickie'd and adding rules as the community members suggest. The reason it was stickie'd was because I PM'd Mr. Frank telling him what the purpose of the thread was, and I told him I would be adding rules, I gave him the lay out. After some time other people pm'd him, and as a result, it was stickie'd along with the original purposes of the thread.

And I typed this reply, as I hope u read it, with the fullest calm that I have. No anger, at all.

• vuce
    edited September 2010
    Let me start by saying, I do not think I am a mod, nor do I want to be one considering I dont have time with three jobs and a baby. I do, however, feel as someone who apprciates what they do for us as volunteers (and GMs as employees) that I can lend a helping hand. Like I said before, the thread was made in the intentions of getting stickie'd and adding rules as the community members suggest. The reason it was stickie'd was because I PM'd Mr. Frank telling him what the purpose of the thread was, and I told him I would be adding rules, I gave him the lay out. After some time other people pm'd him, and as a result, it was stickie'd along with the original purposes of the thread.

And I typed this reply, as I hope u read it, with the fullest calm that I have. No anger, at all.

You still can't add new rules as you see fit and without clearing them with a GM or MOD first. I explained why in my previous post. And its not about whether you want to be a mod or not, you act like you are one, there is a big difference e.g adding rules without clearing them with a GM/MOD first. As Scarlette pointed out, you have the same rights as anyone else here. I can't add new rules and neither can you unless a GM/MOD tells us otherwise, PERIOD!

Yes you would be adding rules, but these rules still need to be cleared with an official mod/gm before the suggestions are added and I'm sure they will agree to this aswel. You could create a rule that could get the company into trouble, even get them sued. You cannot decide rules for a company it is as simple as that. It is the equivilent of you posting up the ToS and having that stickied and then you going and editing it changing and adding rules as you please.

I for one will not follow rule 9. until it has been cleared by an official mod first and the rule becomes official.
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    This thread is only worth a laugh to me.

1. Grippie tried real hard to have an "official" thread in here. It required several pm's from her and other .... people (whoever they were; don't remember names, but they left a mark in this thread).

2. The OP bumped it multiple times. When some1 suggested adding "no bumping" to the rules.... Grippie refused it in order to not seem like a hypocrite. Oh! And, before it was pointed out, she did not know bumping wasn't allowed...

3. I, myself, hated the "official - suggested rules". It makes it as unofficial as it can get. Throughout my forum life (PWI forums), I noticed there are a lot of stickies (aside from General Discussion), which are outdated, dead, or just pointless. Blehhh....

4. Grippie coming to this thread and 'petting herself on the back' by her alt was just hilarious.b:chuckleb:chuckleb:chuckle

5. Now you guys came here and started a small.... riot. Lol. I luv it. Not 'cause you argue .... against (bad wording here) ... the OP, but 'cause of the history of this thread.

6. Stickies are rarely read anyway. One can see all those threads in SB, which are necro'ed and/or duplicated.

JUST LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vuce
    edited September 2010

2. The OP bumped it multiple times. When some1 suggested adding "no bumping" to the rules.... Grippie refused it in order to not seem like a hypocrite. Oh! And, before it was pointed out, she did not know bumping wasn't allowed...

And for this reason alone I think the official suggestion rules thread should be locked and only editable by an official GM.
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Like people have said,if you have issues with her adding,you ought to just PM a GM/Mod.Instead of arguing over who should be able to edit this.Honestly,even to the extent of starting a thread against this one.
    edited October 2010
    I tought of another rule to add.. its from Andracil's old sticky... that seemed to be forgotted so see rule #10

• zbzkda
    zbzkda Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I thought of a new rule:

...but nobody cares.
    I seriously wonder: people who don't RPK, if you play the board game "Sorry!" and you roll the dice so that you land on an opponents piece and send it back to the beginning, do you sincerely apologize and ask everyone if you can have a do-over roll so you can give your victim another chance? It's a god damn game..

--LongKnife
  • Blueturtle - Dreamweaver
    Blueturtle - Dreamweaver Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    Hello all! Most of ya'll know... I'm Grippie :) b:bye So I've noticed that many people have been confused/upset by some OP's or OP's confused/angered by suggestions made by posters... so I came up with this thread idea :)

4)Do not Necro!
    *If the last post of the thread was posted thirty (30) days or more ago it is DEAD

*If you feel the topic is soooo important, make a new thread, but plz make sure there weren't too many threads made on the topic that are all dead (This means, if there is more then one to two (1-2) pages on this topic, PLEASE DO NOT REPOST IT. Only exception is if the topic seems to have been left unanswered and just died off without any real conclusion)

*Some of them may even be alive so you can post in DIFFERENT thread on the same topic

Highlighted in yellow is the reference for my situation.
    After searching,My idea was not resolved,so I started a new post.I gave the suggestion,and the moderator said it wasnt possible.Players said it was possible,that the moderator was lying,so I gave reasons why it was possible,with exeptions.The moderator closed the forum,as expected.Unfortunately players did not totally find the exeptions rediculous,and i had to uphold thier opinion by reposting the issue.The moderator stated this was against the rules and closed the thread,but I was following your rules as long as a standstill (50% for,50% against) is considered not a resolution.
    Therefore a standstill is a resolution.
    I was unaware that it was against the rules,and I see the loophole is not closed.Please change your rules to the moderator's standards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Serving all but trusting no one but myself,Blueturtle.
  • reddragon999
    reddragon999 Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited September 2011
    There is cultivation quest in the SP.

You have to kill Silver Frost for the cultivation to open up the past,
    freken lame you have to face jerks who kill you for fun now while your trying to do your cultivation quests.

Make the bosses in SP appear outside the cave,
    that would make it so PvE players would not have to deal with all the jerks ruining the fun of the game for them.

I am on Heavens Tear server PvE for a reason and many others are also, WE DON'T LIKE PvP or PK or any of that ****.

I put real money into this game and your slowing making the game less fun as you add more PvP ****.

Save it for the dang PvP servers and learn what the hell PvE means for once.
    edited December 2011
    Highlighted in yellow is the reference for my situation.
    After searching,My idea was not resolved,so I started a new post.I gave the suggestion,and the moderator said it wasnt possible.Players said it was possible,that the moderator was lying,so I gave reasons why it was possible,with exeptions.The moderator closed the forum,as expected.Unfortunately players did not totally find the exeptions rediculous,and i had to uphold thier opinion by reposting the issue.The moderator stated this was against the rules and closed the thread,but I was following your rules as long as a standstill (50% for,50% against) is considered not a resolution.
    Therefore a standstill is a resolution.
    I was unaware that it was against the rules,and I see the loophole is not closed.Please change your rules to the moderator's standards.
    I'm on it.
    There is cultivation quest in the SP.

You have to kill Silver Frost for the cultivation to open up the past,
    freken lame you have to face jerks who kill you for fun now while your trying to do your cultivation quests.

Make the bosses in SP appear outside the cave,
    that would make it so PvE players would not have to deal with all the jerks ruining the fun of the game for them.

I am on Heavens Tear server PvE for a reason and many others are also, WE DON'T LIKE PvP or PK or any of that ****.

I put real money into this game and your slowing making the game less fun as you add more PvP ****.

Save it for the dang PvP servers and learn what the hell PvE means for once.

this is irrelevant