How long will pwi remain?

Options
2»

Comments

• Xeurgo - Heavens Tear
    Xeurgo - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I doubt it's going anywhere soon. It's the best free to play MMORPG out there.

Besides, there are SOME free to play MMOs that have been around forever despite being reallllllly bad.

PW is here to stay.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    If you want a look into the future you should probably model pwi's lifespan to my-en's seeing as it's more international than the cn or jp version. Not to mention the way people take to a game is different across the world. My-en is still going with a relatively small player base, about as much as a single server here. The my-en version started in november 2007 and only had two servers until they merged a couple months ago. Factor in that their quality of service was much, much worse than here and their non-mayalsian player base was essential drained by pwi it speaks good volumes about the length pwi will last. If it took over two years, a newer and better quality version taking half their player base and people moving on just to shrink the two servers to one means pwi won't die until the game is dropped.

Unless you are talking about when pwi was actually a game, that died about 4 months after the first servers were released.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    The question isn't how long will PWI be around. The question is how long until it ends up like PW-MY which is down to like 1 server and almost no new players coming in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    The question isn't how long will PWI be around. The question is how long until it ends up like PW-MY which is down to like 1 server and almost no new players coming in.

OMG that's the condition of the server there now?! >.< I do hope things don't come down to it here in PWI...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    *has "to-go" bags sitting in corner of room* >.>

It's a just-in-case thing.......
  • Nakhimov - Lost City
    Nakhimov - Lost City Posts: 1,829 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Until a Certain game comes out, although I can't let you know what it is. Maybe next time
    Bladestorm lets you spin around like a carnival ride and do damage. Not using it is almost like having a move called Confetti Rocket Power Leap and saving it for "emergencies"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nakhimov the Kingslayer of Kil'Jaeden's <Criminal Scum>
    wowprogress.com/guild/us/kil-jaeden/Criminal+Scum
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I heard other PW version has less complains ? b:surrender
    Because i read somewhere . . it seem every packs and easy way to lv up is actually for PW CN version. *Sound like the player there wanted & demand those things.*
    Now think about it . . . PW CN were almost 5 year old . . (just need some more weeks)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Feroxine - Lost City
    Feroxine - Lost City Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Until a Certain game comes out, although I can't let you know what it is. Maybe next time

633625453551705068-ISee.jpg
  • Clandore - Lost City
    Clandore - Lost City Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Look around at the other mmorpgs, old or new, most of them that are fairly high profile like PW are still up and running, and the ones that do die are due to death of CSer aka profit.
  • shootingstarvn
    shootingstarvn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options

how long is there PWI-MY and how many servers it had
  • Literature - Harshlands
    Literature - Harshlands Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    When the PWE ceo's break $1 trillion.
  • XEmpressX - Heavens Tear
    XEmpressX - Heavens Tear Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Just go and hang out in the starter towns for a while. Still see plenty of people starting new chars, although a lot more on the weekends. Admittedly probably 1/2 of those are alts, but hey, they like the game enough to come back and try another char.
  • Susylu - Heavens Tear
    Susylu - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,786 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Just go and hang out in the starter towns for a while. Still see plenty of people starting new chars, although a lot more on the weekends. Admittedly probably 1/2 of those are alts, but hey, they like the game enough to come back and try another char.

It's either that... or more likely they're really bored or making a bank character b:laugh
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    i think the devs will neglect pwi for their upcoming games. so soon it will die :D
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Whiteshade - Lost City
    Whiteshade - Lost City Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Actually 10 days ago i sent a ticket asking the same question more or less, this is the answer i got (atleast the relevent part):

"
    Perfect World is not going anywhere anytime soon. When Forsaken World launches, Perfect World will still be active and remain active. It will not stop receiving updates, just like it didn't when all of the other games on our site were added (Ether Saga, Jade Dynasty, Battle of the Immortals).
    So in short, don't believe the rumors.

"
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Actually 10 days ago i sent a ticket asking the same question more or less, this is the answer i got (atleast the relevent part):

"
    Perfect World is not going anywhere anytime soon. When Forsaken World launches, Perfect World will still be active and remain active. It will not stop receiving updates, just like it didn't when all of the other games on our site were added (Ether Saga, Jade Dynasty, Battle of the Immortals).
    So in short, don't believe the rumors.

"

Don't believe the GM's either. They've lied numerous times to us in the past.
  • Enix - Dreamweaver
    Enix - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I swear, this thread reminds me of all the other threads similar to this from other MMO's I played. Everyone said the same thing you guys are saying "the game will die soon because the dev's suck etc. etc." And yet the games I did play before this are still up and running years later after I stopped. Too many people look at all the bad instead of just having fun. This game is not going any where soon. Just because some other new games are coming out doesn't mean everyone will leave PWI and flock to the new games.

P.S. Graphics are not everything when it comes to video games, its about the community and the fun you have in game.
  • Samaela - Dreamweaver
    Samaela - Dreamweaver Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Well, God knows o_O;; I don't believe it'll end anytime soon though, it's still coming new players and old ones haven't left..yet...(Well, not all of them anyway b:surrender)

...I do believe many, probably including me there, will leave when the-game-that-must-not-be-mentioned comes out. Doesn't mean PWi ends though. For instance, I came when that other-game-that-must-not-be-mentioned came out. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Samaela[demon cleric]||Nanimee[mystic]||aquaelle[psychic]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Yes, every MMO starts asking "When will this game die". And that's because every MMO has a lifecycle.

And.... I went herb gathering this wekeend. Pierced lake shore was *deserted*

That aint natural. Not a single lowbie, not even alts. No one. Utterly utterly deserted.
  • Reshanta - Sanctuary
    Reshanta - Sanctuary Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Don't believe the GM's either. They've lied numerous times to us in the past.

However Jade Dynasty is a dead game and is still around.

Trust me, you all shouldn't worry - P2P games die out faster than F2P. The fact that this is free will always give people an incentive to try it out or stay.
    Lonely man with a big heart.
  • Pepper - Lost City
    Pepper - Lost City Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Yes, every MMO starts asking "When will this game die". And that's because every MMO has a lifecycle.

And.... I went herb gathering this wekeend. Pierced lake shore was *deserted*

That aint natural. Not a single lowbie, not even alts. No one. Utterly utterly deserted.

you on wrong serverb:surrender
    Anyway , MY EN had 2 servers since 2007 and now became 1(after 3 years). I was there few days ago and remembered why i left. If you guys complain about lag you should go there and try playing, hfgl. But the server still alive and kicking although they do miss things that we have here for months. When time of PWI will come pve servers will die first ijsb:shutup but we still have a-l-o-t of time for that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Metal raging Perfect Worlds since 2007
  • Reshanta - Sanctuary
    Reshanta - Sanctuary Posts: 350 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    pve servers will die first

And that's when I'll quit. b:bye
    Lonely man with a big heart.
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    There are two BIG games that are scheduled to be released either at the eand of 2010 or in 2011.

I think those two games may take away a good portion of the actual player base of PW.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    There are two BIG games that are scheduled to be released either at the eand of 2010 or in 2011.

I think those two games may take away a good portion of the actual player base of PW.

And what is that 2 games if i can know . . to make sure if it just like what i think . . b:surrender

Btw, about the thread . .
    I think people start think when will a game died because they can't stop playing it (can't forget to play) or hate it so much.
    Even those who say i hate i hate i hate > still play ? Because on inside they still feel it fun or hope to get the fun moment again ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    It should has a decent amount of time still left.
    ^.^
    As long as the asian PW exists and as long as the US side employees and GMs dont turn out like we hear happened to the malaysia side...

Doesnt matter if cashshoppers disappear unless the pwi side deems it not worth keeping the game. If the game is still there without CSers it just reverts back to 2008
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Apikiri - Lost City
    Apikiri - Lost City Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    It's pretty rare for a game with a following as large as PWI to close down, especially when it's f2p. It will always have people coming in and out like a revolving door and there will always be old-timers still playing the game.

Though PWI is a product created and maintained by PWE. They'll shut it down when it starts to cost more money to operate it than they are making on it. Because of how scalable MMORPGs are in terms of resources, they can keep scaling back resources to match the game's current profitability until they reach the bottom, which would be no development staff, GMs, and only rudimentary support via their ticketing system with one server running the whole game.

PWE is more likely to go out of business entirely before they'll pull the plug on PWI.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    PWE is more likely to go out of business entirely before they'll pull the plug on PWI.
    which will be a while cause its big stuff in asia. I remember when PW started in japan they were full on TW commercialling it there, which in america they didnt go that far. China even had models cosplay for commercials and shots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    PWI is a product created and maintained by PWE. They'll shut it down when it starts to cost more money to operate it than they are making on it.

^ truth.

(10char)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.