Ultimate Dragon Orb Combining Guide

Kado - Sanctuary
Kado - Sanctuary Posts: 109 Arc User
edited November 2013 in The Crafting Nook
Intro:
Hello! Bare with me as I am rather new to forums and mainly use them to look up stuff not actually post my own guides. I have worked on this guide tonight in order to better understand the in-depth process of combining Dragon Orbs.

Below you will find the Orbs listed in their numerical order from 1 star to 12 star. Under each orb header will be the in-depth process on how to make that orb from, yep you guessed it, 1 Star Dragon Orbs!

You can purchase Dragon Orbs from the Boutique, Cat Shops, or even the AH. Simply take the orbs needed to the Jewelcraftsman in any city and select combine option from his pop up window once you initiate conversation with him. From there click on the "Orb" tab located to the upper right of his window.

The orbs are listed in numerical order. Simply select the orb that you need to create, as long as you have created and hold in your inventory the necessary orbs for the one in which you are wanting to make.

OK Lets begin, shall we?

Body:

1 Star Orb

Amount of Orbs Needed=1 (1 Star) that was simple

2 Star Orb

Amount of Orbs Needed=4 (1 Stars)

Combine 4 (1 Stars) to make 1 (2 Star) =4 Orbs used

3 Star Orb

Amount of Orbs Needed=10 (1 Stars)

Specific Orbs Needed=2 (1 Stars), 2 (2 Stars)

Combine 8 (1 Stars) to make 2 (2 Stars) =8 Orbs used
Then Make 1 (3 Star) =10 Orbs Used

4 Star Orb

Amount of Orbs Needed=25 (1 Stars)

Specific Orbs Needed=1 (1 Star), 1 (2 Star), 2 (3 Stars)

Combine 20 (1 Stars) to make 5 (2 Stars) =20 Orbs used
Then Make 2 (3 Stars) =24 Orbs Used
Then Make 1 (4 Star) =25 Orbs Used

5 Star Orb

Amount of Orbs Needed=60 (1 Stars)

Specific Orbs Needed=1 (3 Star), 2 (4 Stars)

Combine 48 (1 Stars) to make 12 (2 Stars) =48 Orbs used
Then Make 5 (3 Stars) =58 Orbs Used
Then Make 2 (4 Stars) =60 Orbs Used
Then Make 1 (5 star)

6 Star Orb

Amount of Orbs Needed=130 (1 Stars)

Specific Orbs Needed=1 (3 Star), 2 (5 Stars)

Combine 104 (1 Stars) to make 26 (2 Stars) =104 Orbs Used
Then Make 11 (3 Stars) =126 Orbs Used
Then Make 4 (4 Stars) =130 Orbs used
Then Make 2 (5 Stars)
Then Make 1 (6 Star)

7 Star Orb

Amount of Orbs Needed=215 (1 Stars)

Specific Orbs Needed=1 (4 Star), 1 (5 Star), 1 (6 Star)

Combine 172 (1 Stars) to make 43 (2 Stars) =172 Orbs Used
Then Make 18 (3 Stars) =208 Orbs Used
Then Make 7 (4 Stars) =215 Orbs Used
Then Make 3 (5 star)
Then Make 1 (6 Star)
Then Make 1 (7 Star)

8 Star Orb

Amount of Orbs Needed=405 (1 Stars)

Specific Orbs Needed=1 (5 Star), 1 (6 Star), 1 (7 Star)

Combine 324 (1 Stars) to make 81 (2 Stars) =324 Orbs Used
Then Make 34 (3 Stars) =392 Orbs Used
Then Make 13 (4 Stars) =405 Orbs Used
Then Make 6 (5 Stars)
Then Make 2 (6 Stars)
Then Make 1 (7 Star)
Then Make 1 (8 Star)

9 Star Orb

Amount of Orbs Needed=750 (1 Stars)

Specific Orbs Needed=1 (6 Star), 1 (7 Star), 1 (8 Star)

Combine 600 (1 Stars) to make 150 (2 Stars) =600 Orbs Used
Then Make 63 (3 Stars) =726 Orbs Used
Then Make 24 (4 Stars) =750 Orbs Used
Then Make 11 (5 Stars)
Then Make 4 (6 Stars)
Then Make 2 (7 Stars)
Then Make 1 (8 Star)
Then Make 1 (9 Star)

10 Star Orb

Amount of Orbs Needed=1370 (1 Stars), or buy a Dragon Orb Ocean from Boutique

Specific Orbs Needed=1 (7 Star), 1 (8 Star), 1 (9 Star)

Combine 1096 (1 Stars) to make 274 (2 Stars) =1096 Orbs Used
Then Make 115 (3 Stars) =1326 Orbs Used
Then Make 44 (4 Stars) =1370 Orbs Used
Then make 20 (5 Stars)
Then Make 7 (6 Stars)
Then Make 4 (7 Stars)
Then Make 2 (8 Stars)
Then Make 1 (9 Star)
Then Make 1 (10 Star)

11 Star Orb

Amount of Orbs Needed=1155 (1 Stars) and 1 Dragon Orb Ocean (10 Star)

Specific Orbs Needed=1 (8 Star), 1 (9 Star), 1 (10 Star)

Combine 924 (1 Stars) to make 231 (2 Stars) =924 Orbs Used
Then Make 97 (3 Stars)
Then Make 37 (4 Stars)
Then Make 17 (5 Stars)
Then Make 6 (6 Stars)
Then Make 3 (7 Stars)
Then Make 2 (8 Stars)
Then Make 1 (9 Stars)
Then Make 1 (11 Star)

12 Star Orb

Amount of Orbs Needed=1905 (1 Stars) and 2 Dragon Orb Ocean (10 Stars)

Specific Orbs Needed=1 (9 Star), 1 (10 Star), 1 (11 Star)

Combine 1524 (1 Stars) to make 381 (2 Stars)
Then Make 160 (3 Stars)
Then Make 61 (4 Stars)
Then Make 28 (5 Stars)
Then make 10 (6 Stars)
Then Make 5 (7 Stars)
Then Make 3 (8 Stars)
Then Make 2 (9 Stars)
Then Make 1 (11 Star)
Then Make 1 (12 Star)

Conclusion:

I did this due to seeing many different posts on Dragon orbs and their combination but none got in detail on how to actually make each orb in succession beginning with one stars.

If you have anything to add please do so and if it is of a value and something worth keeping around then please request a sticky. if you find any errors in my calculations please feel free to drop me a pm or simply reply here.

(5-25-10 Edit)You may notice that the total amount of One Star orbs required for each high level orb shows that all orbs have been used by the time you are done with the 4 Star orbs. The reason it states that is because at that point you will have no more 1 Star Orbs in play in your combining process.End 5-25-10 Edit)

(6-8-13 Edit)(Skaitavia - Added in combinations for +11/+12 orbs with the use of +10 orbs in the boutique while maintaining the original style of the user. Hope it helps! ^^ End 6-8-13 Edit

Well I truly hope this is of use to some and possibly even many. As many people are at that high level from playing this game for so long and all that is left is getting that uber sick gear. Good luck and happy gaming!

Partial credit to http://calcs.ucoz.com/orbs.html w/o this site i wouldn't have been able to get my base structure going.

THIS HAS NOT BEEN TESTED!!!!!! If anyone has the coin to verify then please feel free to do so.
Post edited by Kado - Sanctuary on

Comments

• LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    This is in the PWI Wiki o.o....
  • Kado - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Hmmmm. Did not know that. Ahh well. Never found it here on the forum so no biggie. it will work it's way down the rung and fall off to in to the lower depths then lmao! However, If you are referring to this http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Refining then they are not the same.

Yes the general information is the same but I do no see where it lists the actual amounts and steps needed to make all sets of orbs beginning with 1 Star orbs. To further my point take the 12 Star for example.

Where does it tell you to combine 3716 1 Star orbs into 929 2 Stars in order to get the base amount of 1 and 2 Star orbs you need in order to actually make the 12 Star?

The purpose of my guide was not to give you the same information that has always been given. Yes you have to start the same and build up to the body in order to ensure that the newest members are grasping possibly something that they didn't know or read elsewhere prior.

The soul purpose of this was to help those that buy 1 Star Orbs in bulk (especially during the sale periods) and would like to know how to properly convert all those 1 Stars into better and higher grade orbs without risking making something out of turn.

It is quite simple in the process to make a mistake and wind up with say one to many lower level orbs. If you make to many 3 stars in the process then you will not have enough orbs left over to make that 8, 9, or 10 star orb.

If I happen to overlook that section please direct me to it and I will kindly put my foot in my mouth!
  • LifeHunting - Heavens Tear
    LifeHunting - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Well what you described here is a combo of the PWI wiki, and ecatomb.net.

I only know that because I have it written down (for later use when I get my end-game fist) what i'll need to do, to get it up to +12 from no +.
  • Kado - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Well like I said I gave credit to the only site I used in order to get my base information. The rest was me and a little Microsoft Excel going to work to make sure I had my calculations correct.

Every Dragon orb post I have ever seen has been the simple "you need this many orbs to make this orb" or "you need these orbs to make this orb". Every one of those have had someone on there asking for a guide somewhat similar to this where they could come in and go OH I need 960 2 star orbs........ and so forth....
  • Kado - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    The toughest thing to making sure you make money (if reselling for profit) or make the orb you want is to make sure you get the proper amount of low level orbs made. One orb off from what you need could costs you millions depending on which orb you are trying to attain.
  • LeirtA - Lost City
    LeirtA - Lost City Posts: 213 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    You have my appreciation Kado. Knowledge is power and the more information there is available, the easier it is to complete one's task.

I've aleady bookmarked this.

Well done. b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6J9LLe2Jlg<- One of my best loved piece of trance track
  • Kado - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    You have my appreciation Kado. Knowledge is power and the more information there is available, the easier it is to complete one's task.

I've aleady bookmarked this.

Well done. b:thanks

LeirtA, thank you and I fully agree with you.

It pleases me to know that someone has taken advantage of my efforts. Even more so that someone from a different server all together.

Thank's again and enjoy!
  • Abysm - Heavens Tear
    Abysm - Heavens Tear Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Extremely helpful, thank you sooooo much. Only time I've ever combined orbs was to make a 5* and it confused the hell out of me lol. Wish this was around then!
  • Kado - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Extremely helpful, thank you sooooo much. Only time I've ever combined orbs was to make a 5* and it confused the hell out of me lol. Wish this was around then!

I know your pain all to well. I have ran quest herb shops on sanctuary for some time now. When the orbs went on sale a few moths back I invested a few million in them.

I stuck to what I was comfortable though and made nothing over a four star. I did quite well turning them and invested a substantial amount in this last sale. I'm no triple digit millionaire mind you....

I then decided it was time to break the comfort barrier. In order to do that I wanted to make sure I wasn't going to make any mistakes with my investment.... Which is how this came about...

Anyhow that plus the fact of seeing so many people asking for a more in depth guide on the combining process. I'm glad to see a few are taking advantage of it. Sorry it wasn't sooner. Enjoy!
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Hello! Bare with me

Sorry dude - you aren't my type.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Kado - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Sorry dude - you aren't my type.

That's OK I'm not one for daddy relations anyway "FatherTed". b:laugh
  • Strong_lies - Sanctuary
    Strong_lies - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Not to shabby, nice guide ^^
  • Strong_lies - Sanctuary
    Strong_lies - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Double can delete ty
  • Kado - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    Not to shabby, nice guide ^^

Thank you Strong_lies!
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Nice body.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kado - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    Just wanted to give a big thanks to the mods for the sticky.
  • Kado - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    sleepcat wrote: »
    Nice body.

Thank you. It took a strict regiment of sit ups, push ups, and chasing my tail in circles to pull it off! b:pleased b:victory
  • Bearleeable - Lost City
    Bearleeable - Lost City Posts: 445 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Kado, I've got a lot of resources on our guild site and I must say none of them has the "recipe" method you've shown. I think thats awesome and to be quite honest trying to think how I can incorporate your idea into our own site.
    Very nice job.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • linky001
    linky001 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    thx u so much for the guide it very helpful i have never understood other guide this one is alot easier it stroight ot the point buy a bunch of one star and there u go
  • deathrunswithme
    deathrunswithme Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    dude damn nice guide, the orb combining process is hella confusing. thanks for the hard work budb:cool
  • deathrunswithme
    edited June 2010
    noice job bud, sweet guide and tyvm for all your had workb:victory
  • deathrunswithme
    edited June 2010
    good job dude, keep rockin
  • TaioShin - Harshlands
    TaioShin - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    thank you for doing this. i was trying to figure up how many 1 *'s to do this. you have saved me a ton of time. thank you very much.
  • Kado - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    Hey everyone! Sorry for a delay in responses to your praises thanks and input. My wife, our three boys, and I just got back from a 10 day trip to Florida and Disney World. Man am I beat.

You are all more than welcome and to be honest it was a simple math problem which just about any Archer could have figured out LMAO!! No seriously it was simple once the first set of Dragon orb procedures was broke.

I am thankful that the Mods stickied it and that it is being used an appreciated. Again if there is anything missed or anything that one thinks should be adjusted please let me know.

I tried to make sure I covered all the basics and then the in-depth combination procedures of course was the focus. Along with ample spacing and color coordination that isn't to hard on the eyes as it is a long read.

If anyone needs help putting this on their faction websites please let me know. I cracked it in Excel originally and have the table that I created to do that. I would be happy to email that spreadsheet out. There is no functions or coding, I did that all separate and then typed out the raw data for easy copy and paste procedures.

Again thanks for the support, your appreciation, and above all playing the game!
  • shabur
    shabur Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Thank you that was very helpful.
  • Kado - Sanctuary
    edited June 2010
    shabur wrote: »
    Thank you that was very helpful.

Your welcome. Glad it made things easier for you.
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    add me to the list of thanks =D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Iulius - Heavens Tear
    Iulius - Heavens Tear Posts: 228 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    So helpful ty
  • Kado - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    Hey Sasha and Iulius you are very welcome. Don't forget everyone there is a sale going on right now. You stand to make some decent money or get that next refine you have been waiting for.
    Another tip to chew on...... While sales are running you can generally stock up on one star orbs anywhere from 60k to 75k which is cheap considering on Sanctuary average price off sale is over 100k per. Of course the gold prices affect all this..... But it's easy to invest say 9 mil and turn it into 30-70 take my word for it.
  • nickdog
    nickdog Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    yea i dont know if i really like the craftin system here