Tips for making money without $?

2»

Comments

• Borsuc - Raging Tide
    Borsuc - Raging Tide Posts: 1,526 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    First of all, read the title.
    Secondly, getting a second job is not playing the game. You have to ask yourself really, if you don't like grinding, and want free coins... and for that you get a second job, why even play the game?

It's not a game this way, more like investment.

Just like the **** packs. They're going to be around as long as people buy them. As simple as that. I'm not saying no revenue from PWI, I'm saying if people don't buy packs they'll have to figure something else.
  • FoxyCleo - Raging Tide
    FoxyCleo - Raging Tide Posts: 290 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Face it, if you want to just fund your dailies, grinding for an hour is sufficient. You can then proceed with your CS and BH and travel around a bit.
    If you plan to have actual expenses, grinding just won't cut it.

Personally, I liked the hint at the lv 60 Foxwing Supremes the most. They're the best you will ever get. Go down faster than Paris Hilton, drop good coin & stuff.
  • ProOwange - Harshlands
    ProOwange - Harshlands Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Im not expert but I make money buy merchant:

Always check catshops-- they are ppl who make mistakes,, like 10m for 1m.== 1m for 100k. etc--- I've made about 30m from those catshops-- : One time bought a fully charged wing- watcher of skies for 500k :P I lucky or wat? --

Check Archo's catshops!! GOOOD MONEY b:dirty
  • Ignasia - Heavens Tear
    Ignasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    You could also try Zhenning over in Nightscreem. get a wiz to use dragons breath, 2 clerics--1 to bb the other for rb. and get a barb, bm or any other mele class to lure the mobs over to the wizzy. i did this with a few of my faction mates and made about 300k in 1-2hrs. and its a lot of fun
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • NatureLover - Harshlands
    NatureLover - Harshlands Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Hey guys! I kinda struggle to get alot of money... Grinding isnt paying off anymore, and killing fish all day is boring as hell.
    I dont have time to do instances like TT or Frost, only a few hours a day. I noticed that farming mats in hell/heaven can sell quite good, but its not the fastest way to make money. Also, the herbs from hell/heaven don't sell at all, only the mats, so its not a fast way.

I know buy low/sell high is the best way, but somehow I just arent good in that. Anyone can give me tips on this? I just can't find anyone anymore selling anything low.

Thanks in advance!

Celia.

I dont see how you can "kill fish all day" and "dont have time to do instances like TT or frost" Anyway to be honest, if you cant charge zen, and you cant afford time, its basically hard to "get alot of money..." Like you said, best way is to resell, you dont have to find items that are way underpriced, just find any items that people commonly use/want at lower end of price range and sell at higher end of price range, through the auctioneer. Even if its just a 50k profit, go for it, because if 1 item u resell makes 50k, 10 of it is 500k. And since its thru AH, you dont have to have ur computer on whole day.
  • shootingstarvn
    shootingstarvn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Quite the opposite. You make most money in the 50s, from there it goes downhill.
    So, keep a Veno for Grinding at 55, put XP into genies.

100+ money just fly to u b:victory BH reward + nirvana etc
  • TeroT - Dreamweaver
    TeroT - Dreamweaver Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited April 2010

Always check catshops-- they are ppl who make mistakes,, like 10m for 1m.== 1m for 100k. etc--- I've made about 30m from those catshops-- : One time bought a fully charged wing- watcher of skies for 500k :P I lucky or wat? --

I think that would be a good way to make money...however...it requires skills to recognize the items that are sold too cheap in catshops. Is it just experience gathered over time to recognize items that are sold too cheap? Or is there perhaps a hidden guide somewhere about the values of items? :)

So far I have been selling low lvl materials and they do sell pretty good but the amount of time spent on collecting them vs. the money isn't really in balance.

But I don't think there is a thing called "quick buck" in PWI.
  • oyamajio
    oyamajio Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010

Isn't that what drive some people mad and quit the game, rofl. IMO, it's equivalent to shoplifting but I hardly do it on catshops, mostly in AH though. Of course, you can keep arguing all days it's not shoplifting because of this one or that one, lol.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    oyamajio wrote: »
    Isn't that what drive some people mad and quit the game, rofl. IMO, it's equivalent to shoplifting but I hardly do it on catshops, mostly in AH though. Of course, you can keep arguing all days it's not shoplifting because of this one or that one, lol.

Either you buy it, or someone else. Doesn't make any difference really. Of course the cat shop owner might see it in time, but very unlikely (since most catshops are set when going AFK).
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Personally for me, my money comes from the BH100 rewards and Nirvana runs.

Various BH100 Rewards:
    -50 Mirage Celestones (750K +/-)
    -50 Mysterious Chips (Various values depending if you buy a mold or mat and resell or convert to Dice Tickets)
    -2 Ecstasy Cards (Instant 2 million)
    -8 Ultimate Substances (Blah -___- like 300K +/-)
    -Orb of Cultivation (worst item to get as a reward IMO)

Nirvana gives around 2-3 mill from 4 runs.

Maybe this is why people are rushing to 100. <_____<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Night_Wind_ - Lost City
    Night_Wind_ - Lost City Posts: 212 Arc User
    edited April 2010

Various BH100 Rewards:
    -50 Mirage Celestones (750K +/-)
    -50 Mysterious Chips (Various values depending if you buy a mold or mat and resell or convert to Dice Tickets)
    -2 Ecstasy Cards (Instant 2 million)
    -8 Ultimate Substances (Blah -___- like 300K +/-)
    -Orb of Cultivation (worst item to get as a reward IMO)

Do you get all of those from a single bh 100 run or only one of those?b:shocked
    edited April 2010
    Do you get all of those from a single bh 100 run or only one of those?b:shocked

Its randomly one of them. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Orb of cultivation saves you money if you want to level an alt. And if you have the Account Stash.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • ViennaMcFly - Dreamweaver
    ViennaMcFly - Dreamweaver Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Well i getting also kinda lost in PWI since, pwi economy have change a lot. It's getting really hard to come on coins, and to be honest if i must farm 1-2h hours for 200-300k it's bored till dead, takes a lot of time and on the end is even 1m today not much worth. PWI getting crazy. b:puzzled
    Half year ago i would write > farm mid/high mats <, do tt runs..but now are all those things kinda worthless. To do almost nothing else as to farm as long you are online is not only boring but also ridiculous. Pwi is getting for me more a fun killer as a fun maker.
    edited April 2010
    Half year ago i would write > farm mid/high mats <, do tt runs..but now are all those things kinda worthless. To do almost nothing else as to farm as long you are online is not only boring but also ridiculous. Pwi is getting for me more a fun killer as a fun maker.

Mid/High Mats was mainly for wines for BH. Remember seeing 5/5/5/5 in WC? lol

Tokens and Wedding Wines killed that off.

TT money runs is non-existant now with the aftermath of 2x exp drops we had.

Dust of Devil went from 2 mill to a mere 500K at one point.
    Dust of Stars went from 1 mill to 400K, and so on.

Farming Devilwood in Heaven and Hell seems to be the only mat worth farming now, since its a hot item for chi pots and such.

If it wasn't for BH100 and Nirvana, I would have been long gone. lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-Master of Coffee-
  • oyamajio
    oyamajio Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The only easiest way to become a virtual millionaire or billionaire in a game without spending real cash is become a businessman. That also holds true in real life. But in game it's a lot and a lot easier to do. I'm kind of in the mood to share a few basic tips:

1. You must have a brain, lol.

2. You must have some capitals (small or big don't matter. I started out with 0 coin, but now I've earned like what, 2 billions? lol)

3. Survey the market. (Note down and keep track of prices, what's being demanded/supplied, estimate demand/supply, make some reasonable forecast... That's why you must have a brain lol). The larger the size of trading and the richer you want to become, the larger scope of the market you will need to have a grasp of.

4. Be patience-- patience is a virtue. Impatience is what usually drives people crazy to quit merchanting. Impatience is what lead to wrong decisions in most cases. The fact that you can't sell today doesn't mean you can't sell tomorrow, the day after tomorrow or forever. That doesn't mean you have to keep the items forever either. Again that's why you must have a brain, lol

5. Be prepared to invest hours and hours. Sometimes you make profits, sometimes you don't and sometimes you lose.

The rest are market specifics. There's no absolute rules to follow to become rich. It depends on your intelligence, flexibility, judgement, decisions and of course luck.