Barb's Evasion Vs Archer,Assassin. WTH??

wnight
wnight Posts: 0 Arc User
edited April 2010 in General Discussion
sO according to PWI calculator Archer+Assassin in order to have same evasion rate of Barb(equal Dex status) must be Buffed with lvl 10 Wings of Protection.
Btw Accuracy rate is ~same.

*coughs* WTH??? b:shocked
Post edited by wnight on

Comments

• AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Barbs are trained in the ancient art of ninjakickassawesomeness. We can evade a speeding bullet that's not aimed at us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Starchief - Sanctuary
    Starchief - Sanctuary Posts: 606 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    tis true, barbs are natural ninjas
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Barbs that have equal dex to assassins or archers (of the same level)... those are the true ninjas, as they're almost impossible to find.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Pressa - Heavens Tear
    Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Like this? wall_cat.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Euphy - Dreamweaver
    Euphy - Dreamweaver Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    If a barbarian manages 400 DEX then he should be able to dodge as well as an assassin with 400 DEX. I'm not sure what the problem is. The obvious observation is that the vast majority of barbarians will have no where near the same DEX value as an assassin or archer, and therefore have much greater difficulty dodging.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Devilblooded - Heavens Tear
    Devilblooded - Heavens Tear Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i think they ment barb get more evasion per dext then sin and archer, same for bm too, to make things more fair but, its stupid they get more hp and a lot more def, why would they need evasion, its like **** the best advantage of sin and archer class else the crit%.

same goes on accuracy
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i think they ment barb get more evasion per dext then sin and archer, same for bm too, to make things more fair but, its stupid they get more hp and a lot more def, why would they need evasion, its like **** the best advantage of sin and archer class else the crit%.

same goes on accuracy

I think its cause for Sin & Archer, Dex would be a quadruple bonus, Dmg, Crit, Acc, & Eva. So in balancing, they gave the classes which ussually pump Str for dmg, a better Dex to Eva ratio, making up for this somewhat
    edited April 2010
    I think its cause for Sin & Archer, Dex would be a quadruple bonus, Dmg, Crit, Acc, & Eva. So in balancing, they gave the classes which ussually pump Str for dmg, a better Dex to Eva ratio, making up for this somewhat

yea but thats the only good point of the class, and the only advantage over bm/barb, they already are squishy no wonder they should get a lot of evasion wich make sence, and magic cant miss too.

+ bm with misty ring get same accuracy as archer or sin... isnt it a bit unfair.

btw im not QQing just putting out some fact, my sin just have to get over it and bring a psy when theres a bm to kill or a barb xd
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    81 BM, 4 path build with 2 misty forests gets 3300 accuracy. Assassin with full dex build and 2 misty forests gets 5200 accuracy.

Best check your facts.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
    edited April 2010
    81 BM, 4 path build with 2 misty forests gets 3300 accuracy. Assassin with full dex build and 2 misty forests gets 5200 accuracy.

Best check your facts.

but whats the point of a sin getting misty, i ment bm + misty = about the same as a sin w/o. it dont get me wrong sin lvl 81 pure dext get 2700 accuracy without, not vsing who has most accuracy to, but accuracy vs evasion, the good point of LA class is high evasion, and misty just ruin it so i think at least they should get same acc and eva per dext then LA class really maybe a lil more but thats all.

we can compare to barb and hp too, they are the vit based char (basicly) what if another class would get more hp then them, would be stupid right =p
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited April 2010

Best check your facts.

Best check your own facts first then, my dear, to save yourself from idiocy.

Archers and assassins shouldn't need Misties, and instead should be focusing on crit rings. They shouldn't be using Misties because they should already have a high enough accuracy if they're of a pure dex build. Obvious fact is very obvious. I wonder how you missed that whole idea that a pure archer/sin shouldn't use Misties because it's a royal waste of their time, for the most part...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Evasion / accuracy in this game doesn't work.

You have to remember these are the same devs who haven't been able to fix the Magic Shell buff for years, don't assume they put much effort into balance.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    Evasion / accuracy in this game doesn't work.

You have to remember these are the same devs who haven't been able to fix the Magic Shell buff for years, don't assume they put much effort into balance.

↑ Also, this.

Archers partly suck so much endgame in PvP because accuracy and evasion are broken and honestly don't work they way they should. Perhaps that was half of the idea so people wouldn't cry about their inability to hit an archer, but either way, it really sucks if you're a class dependant on their ability to hit their target, and hit them hard. Sucks even more when wizards will get a guarantee of hitting their target all the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    ↑ Also, this.

Archers partly suck so much endgame in PvP because accuracy and evasion are broken and honestly don't work they way they should. Perhaps that was half of the idea so people wouldn't cry about their inability to hit an archer, but either way, it really sucks if you're a class dependant on their ability to hit their target, and hit them hard. Sucks even more when wizards will get a guarantee of hitting their target all the time.

i seriously wonder when devs gonna fix those lil bugs that ruin about 25% of the game... but we cant really blame them since they only copying the CN servers, so else the CN server devs already fixed those issue ill blame them ...
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i seriously wonder when devs gonna fix those lil bugs that ruin about 25% of the game... but we cant really blame them since they only copying the CN servers, so else the CN server devs already fixed those issue ill blame them ...

Chinese devs are the only devs. Pretty much the only thing PWI does is translating.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited April 2010

No, I would argue only 17% of the game is actually broken. Wait, make that 22%.... but it really could be anywhere between 5-110% broken, because made up percentages really work like that.

b:pleased
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    No, I would argue only 17% of the game is actually broken. Wait, make that 22%.... but it really could be anywhere between 5-110% broken, because made up percentages really work like that.

Hahahah

10Char
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool
    edited April 2010

true was saying a random number, 25 looked cute b:cute
  • Ty - Heavens Tear
    Ty - Heavens Tear Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I'm a wiz so I dont need eva/acc does that mean the game is 0% broken or 100% fixed?
    I like pie
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Archers and barbs gets same accuracy from dex im sure, only BMs gets a little bit more. Barbs have blood bath tho <.<

But archers do get less evasion than both barbs + BM from adding dex. However thats nothing you should feel gimped over as archer, the entire concept of evasion is kinda broken and pointless endgame anyway.

I think once you reach a certain amount of evasion it kinda caps and wont get any better. Like if you have 2.5k evasion or 4k doesn't seem to matter, people will hit/miss you about the same. Kinda seems that way with accuracy to, once it gets high enough it kinda caps. If you have 4k accuracy you will miss like 5% in pvp and if you boost it up to 7k accuracy with double Lunar Rings and 500+ dex you will also miss about 5% in pvp b:surrender.
  • skyxiii
    skyxiii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Yeah now that I think about it, it really is kind of silly.
    Barbs pump vit to and get what like 17 HP per point?
    They pump dex and get 8 evasion per point.

Sins & Archers:
    1 vit = 13 HP.
    1 dex = 6 eva.

Should make 1 vit for sins & archers = 19 HP b:thanks

Barbs depend on HP. Sins and archers should have be able to depend on evasion.

I mean it's already unfair enough that HP is such a better thing to invest in than evasion in this game. HP triumphs evasion in both pve and pvp =\.

Oh guess what! Demon bloodpaint increases evasion for 18 seconds! You all best be scared now!!!

I wonder what a lv 100 bm with 400 dex using as many +10% evasion ornaments as possible would be like..
    Thats like 4000 evasion +10%eva +10%eva <- double that for Will = 10,000+ evasion. Meh, but knowing this game, you'd probably still get hit, even by a barb >.>
  • Kinohki - Lost City
    Kinohki - Lost City Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    skyxiii wrote: »

Sins & Archers:
    1 vit = 13 HP.
    1 dex = 6 eva.

I mean it's already unfair enough that HP is such a better thing to invest in than evasion in this game. HP triumphs evasion in both pve and pvp =\.

Oh guess what! Demon bloodpaint increases evasion for 18 seconds! You all best be scared now!!!

I wonder what a lv 100 bm with 400 dex using as many +10% evasion ornaments as possible would be like..
    Thats like 4000 evasion +10%eva +10%eva <- double that for Will = 10,000+ evasion. Meh, but knowing this game, you'd probably still get hit, even by a barb >.>

Actually you'd be surprised. I wore 2 10% evasion buffs on my BM at 8x and with archer buff I hit 4k evasion. (unbuffed it was generally hovering around 3100-3300) With will, it'd double to 6-8k evasion which I noticed a significant difference in people with and without misties. Personally I think misties are broken and should eitehr be 10% accuracy each OR only 1 ring equippable at a time. (can't have 100% accuracy) the effect shouldn't stack. Evasion would be a bit better then, but the fact is you wouldn't be able to dodge magic attacks so the low HP from pumping evasion shards or whatever else would still hurt. Bad.

The problem becomes is when you get BM's and barbs who have high strength but can still hit high dex targets reliably. That's what skewed the balance. And things like sacrificial strike...Yeah. Nasty stuff. They need less accuracy, or they need easily accessible dual 50% evasion rings. Playing a sin at lvl 76, the evasion on it was...if i recall around 2000-2500ish. Can't recall exactly. People without misties, depending, generally miss quite a bit.
  • Pure_Black - Harshlands
    Pure_Black - Harshlands Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    When i duel a sin at 71, i miss quite alot. Their evasion is pretty hard to get through. I do know at 90, my barb with 60 dex and two misties doesn't miss that much on full dex archers/sins. So yes the same as all other stats, evasion suffers from diminishing return.

I think 3K evasion is a nice number to have at all times, the rest is wasted
  • PlumDumb - Heavens Tear
    PlumDumb - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i love our bm unstunnable buff..die u dumb **** sins with your stupid postures.
  • Must - Lost City
    Must - Lost City Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    UNFAIR, BUGS FIX???

how can a archer say this when they are the class taht can do dmg from a long distance?????? i get 3 4 or more shots before i get near them..... i think ur QQ too much
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited April 2010

I think once you reach a certain amount of evasion it kinda caps and wont get any better. Like if you have 2.5k evasion or 4k doesn't seem to matter, people will hit/miss you about the same. Kinda seems that way with accuracy to, once it gets high enough it kinda caps. If you have 4k accuracy you will miss like 5% in pvp and if you boost it up to 7k accuracy with double Lunar Rings and 500+ dex you will also miss about 5% in pvp b:surrender.

It could be an invisible cap. I had used Blessing of the Condor many times when I had first gotten the skill lvl 79 skill. That 1000% increased in evasion does squat - physical attacks still hits you :o However, that increased in evasion values does show in the char display.
    UNFAIR, BUGS FIX???

how can a archer say this when they are the class taht can do dmg from a long distance?????? i get 3 4 or more shots before i get near them..... i think ur QQ too much

Yeah, about that - clerics/wiz/sin/psy/venos can also do damage from a long distance. And you know something else? MAGIC ATTACKS DON'T MISS. Archers uses mainly physical attacks (but of course we use metal skills for HA wearers, and even that does hardly any damage), and barbs have godly physical def and insane hp amounts. Don't forget normal archers wear light armor which gives crappy defense values.
  • Quinnie - Heavens Tear
    Quinnie - Heavens Tear Posts: 314 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    UNFAIR, BUGS FIX???

we pay a price for that also, when u get closer then 5 meter our damage get nerved by 50%. except our lightning skills and wingspan/winged pledge but the last 2 mostly dont really hurt a HA because their phys att. and as said above our eva doesnt rly help us much. i got 5k eva myself and cant really say it helps me alot in pvp/pve.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    edited April 2010
    UNFAIR, BUGS FIX???

And I think you're stupid.

1) Three or four hits before you reach us? As a barbarian, that should not kill you because you have godly physical defence and godly HP. The lightning attacks can also miss unless you happen to have Demon Lightning Strike, which is a guaranteed hit but the cooldown is increased. If you're a good barb, you shouldn't be dying in three or four hits from an archer before you reach them - especially at your level.

2) When you get within 5 metres of an archer their attack is nerfed by a further 50%. As if they weren't killing you fast enough, now we're liable to die if we can't get away from you fast enough, and we most certainly won't kill you fast enough with our lightning skills. Winged Pledge and Wingspan are so worthless against a barb or BM they aren't even worth using.

3) Archers are LA based. If you're close enough and can pop an Arma, the chances of you hitting the archer are far higher than they should be because evasion is broken, and there's also a very high chance you're going to kill said archer if the attack hits. Because, you know, their def is generally craptastic.

4) Wizards won't miss you, either. Or venos, unless they're playing melee. Or clerics. They can also attack from long range. In fact, their attacks will hurt you more because they are magic attacks, picking on the weaker of your two defences, and they are never going to miss, meaning that they can nuke you to high heaven and back again and are guaranteed to hit you every single time.

Archers have every right to complain about how broken accuracy and evasion are because, if you read all my above points, we're one of the only classes (now alongside sins) who honestly suffer from it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • shootingstarvn
    shootingstarvn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    skyxiii wrote: »

Sins & Archers:
    1 vit = 13 HP.
    1 dex = 6 eva.

around 5700 ev without buff ,12.3k with will D:
  • Must - Lost City
    Must - Lost City Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    And I think you're stupid.

1) Three or four hits before you reach us? As a barbarian, that should not kill you because you have godly physical defence and godly HP. The lightning attacks can also miss unless you happen to have Demon Lightning Strike, which is a guaranteed hit but the cooldown is increased. If you're a good barb, you shouldn't be dying in three or four hits from an archer before you reach them - especially at your level.

2) When you get within 5 metres of an archer their attack is nerfed by a further 50%. As if they weren't killing you fast enough, now we're liable to die if we can't get away from you fast enough, and we most certainly won't kill you fast enough with our lightning skills. Winged Pledge and Wingspan are so worthless against a barb or BM they aren't even worth using.

3) Archers are LA based. If you're close enough and can pop an Arma, the chances of you hitting the archer are far higher than they should be because evasion is broken, and there's also a very high chance you're going to kill said archer if the attack hits. Because, you know, their def is generally craptastic.

4) Wizards won't miss you, either. Or venos, unless they're playing melee. Or clerics. They can also attack from long range. In fact, their attacks will hurt you more because they are magic attacks, picking on the weaker of your two defences, and they are never going to miss, meaning that they can nuke you to high heaven and back again and are guaranteed to hit you every single time.

Archers have every right to complain about how broken accuracy and evasion are because, if you read all my above points, we're one of the only classes (now alongside sins) who honestly suffer from it.

Omg wizards wont miss looooooooooooooooolllllll...

Wt about the freaking loooong cast they have......and FYI u noob one, speaking on armagqgedon i have to have all hp for that to one shot u and there always a big chance i miss specially on archers......

Ps holly path,????dah USE IT

Is it me or archer have some kind of shield for ppl who get near them?????

God do u know how to even play one lol..
This discussion has been closed.