Will PWI improve?

Digitalaniq - Heavens Tear
Digitalaniq - Heavens Tear Posts: 9 Arc User
edited April 2010 in General Discussion
Will the graphics of this game improve. I like this game but some of the things are a little sloppy and the graphics are not up to the par with other upcoming f2p games.
Post edited by Digitalaniq - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I've never seen graphics like these in an f2p game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Digitalaniq - Heavens Tear
    edited April 2010
    I don't know if i'm allowed to write names here according to the forum rules but i can come up with a list.
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Game naming isn't allowed. Unless there are some new games I haven't heard of, I'm pretty certain PWI has the best graphics in a f2p game. Or atleast, a game thats fun to play. You can always rhyme it though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• konariraiden
    konariraiden Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    If your computer can handle the aspect of High Quality, this game is undoubtedly on of the most beautiful I've never played.

b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I present to you the winner of Konari's Signature Contest...SilversMoon from Heaven's Tear!
  • Stressedout - Dreamweaver
    Stressedout - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I imagine small improvements will be made in time. The problem being increasing grapical load actually reduces PWI's potential player base. And let's face it, the current engine is already experiencing signs of "choking" with a decent player load.

I may be wrong, but I wouldn't expect and vast graphical overhauls in PWI for quite some time.
    frankieraye

Oh the snowmen are coming, don't you worry..
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    If your computer can handle the aspect of High Quality, this game is undoubtedly on of the most beautiful I've never played.

I love flying through dreamweaver port. Actually, that reminds me. OP, are you playing in high detail?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The graphics might improve some day, though I don't think that will be soon. I even heard of the graphics being toned down a bit with the release of raging tide.

And yes, I also know of f2p games with much better graphics although I quite much prefer the gameplay here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    I'm playing at max but from what i've seen of upcoming f2p games with HDR, Bloom and all. It feels as if it's an entire different thing. I've even played one of the newer f2p game and it's just out of the pw league. The thing i like abt perfect world is the customizability and thats the only reason i'm here.

@Nowitsawn
    If you're looking for gameplay u better watch out for vindi--*cough* *cough*. I think something stuck in my throats ;)
  • shootingstarvn
    shootingstarvn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I don't know if i'm allowed to write names here according to the forum rules but i can come up with a list.

yea me too
  • Della_Brown - Heavens Tear
    Della_Brown - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Most F2Ps don't look exceptional, and only one really has the artistry to make up for the older code bases, IMO (hint: a certain ancient set of trade routes). An upcoming F2P MMO could be using a much newer game engine.
    Will the graphics of this game improve. I like this game but some of the things are a little sloppy and the graphics are not up to the par with other upcoming f2p games.
    Doubtful. They got worse with RT (if you're not actually on the new islands, that is), and the game engine is already old. I imagine PWE would be better off licensing/building a newer engine (with say, DX9.0C/PS2.0 minimum hardware features) to make a new game with better graphics/sound than they would be to try to wring a little bit more out of this one. The client engine is largely based on using decade-old hardware/software features, so just keeping it running with modern drivers is probably an uphill battle, since many of the older features no longer work quite like they used to, since they are not directly implemented in hardware, these days (see those ATI and Intel glitches, FI, and random Radeon HD users having poor performance). Newer hardware and software features can be used to improve both quality and performance, more so than band-aids on DX8.1 will be able to.
    "adults on HT is an ancient myth used to scare away the kids from stealing their parents credit cards D:" - Santacruz
  • Alliptica - Raging Tide
    Alliptica - Raging Tide Posts: 1,545 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    thats funny bcuz every game i try cannot even compare to pwi when it comes to graphics.
    -retired-

now playing megaten and...Forsaken World ;)
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Perfect world messes up alot, ruins alot of things but graphics aren't one of the weak points of the game. On high quality its awesome graphics for a f2p game and i personally dont see any reason to improve it.
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Did a quick google search. Are you sure your not getting them confused with p2p games? I see a lot of new games that are coming up with amazing graphics and good gameplay (atleast, thats the rumour). Still, I can't find any f2p with graphics and gameplay that can compete with PWI.....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited April 2010
    Yup. I've even tried the beta for one of them and it's amazing
  • Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear
    Hunter_PT - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    edited April 2010

Ok im going to have to ask, if it is so amazing why are you here and not there?
    Executor Of Reunited ~ Level 3 ~ Level 85+ ~ No Drama, No Pressure Faction.

Hunter_PT - Cleric 9X, (Active/Main)
    PoisonedTip - Veno 7x (Retired)
    Skeln - Barbarian 4X (Rarely-Active)
    Hunter_The - BM 1X (Rarely-Active)
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    Im hoping B&L is F2P. The same company released a game this year which was p2p. GW2 will probably be B2P. Its only fair if B&L is F2P. There were a couple more games which seemed pretty awesome, but none are released yet. Don't know if they're in beta yet though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• _Opeth_ - Harshlands
    _Opeth_ - Harshlands Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Because PWI rules ^^
    -=-
    SpankMe Founding member
    SpankMe Marshall
    SiSTRoFMeRcY's Husband
    Full Magic Wizard
    -=-
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited April 2010

let me tell you a few words about future:
    - Battle of Imortals
    - Forsaken World
    - Heroes of Three Kingdomn
    Look at those games and try to figure out how much sense it makes to invest time, money and energy in a "almost dead" game like PWI or in the trio above that's going to be the future cash cow for PW.
    You don't need to be a rocket scientist ...

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    edited April 2010
    let me tell you a few words about future:
    - Battle of Imortals
    - Forsaken World
    - Heroes of Three Kingdomn
    Look at those games and try to figure out how much sense it makes to invest time, money and energy in a "almost dead" game like PWI or in the trio above that's going to be the future cash cow for PW.
    You don't need to be a rocket scientist ...
    Got beta keys for 2 of those. Still deciding whether to download them or not. Will they be just another cash mine for PWE, or will they actually bother making it good?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

edited April 2010
    Ok im going to have to ask, if it is so amazing why are you here and not there?
    I already mentioned that i'm only here b'cause pwi is highly customizable, thats the only plus point. I just wanted to see that if PWI is going to improve then there might be an advantage in staying, hence, the topic.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited April 2010

^-- this GG b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Wolfsfang - Dreamweaver
    Wolfsfang - Dreamweaver Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    no other FTP game has the graphics like PWI....the only game i know of is C9 but god knows when that will come out. B&S is P2P game.
    GRAPHICS AND MOTION DESIGNER
    edited April 2010
    the combat effects could use some work though
    -retired-

• Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    there is always place for more lag

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    The old class' attacks look so outdated compared to sin/psy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Got beta keys for 2 of those. Still deciding whether to download them or not. Will they be just another cash mine for PWE, or will they actually bother making it good?

i look at boI as a flop. i downlaodet, but have removed again. was rly dissapoiting. however im waiting excited for FW, that one looks to be amazing.

oh.. and for topic.. would cost PW too much time to make it betetr. the old gamecode aint too good, making too much new changes screws up old code. should recode from scrath with new lulz, err i mean when mixing old and new code it aitn good.. would reduce gpu/cpu usage atleast. i got no problems with the graphics, but the way it work / lag for nothing. and too many bugs lol.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
    edited April 2010
    i look at boI as a flop. i downlaodet, but have removed again. was rly dissapoiting. however im waiting excited for FW, that one looks to be amazing.

oh.. and for topic.. would cost PW too much time to make it betetr. the old gamecode aint too good, making too much new changes screws up old code. should recode from scrath with new lulz, err i mean when mixing old and new code it aitn good.. would reduce gpu/cpu usage atleast. i got no problems with the graphics, but the way it work / lag for nothing. and too many bugs lol.
    yeah lol i played BoI and kept lvling up hoping it would get better. but like the graphics were much worse than pwi and the camera angle...oh god. i too will be FW, hopefully it will be as good as PWI or JD
    -retired-

• Dustins_ALT - Harshlands
    Dustins_ALT - Harshlands Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I don't give a **** about graphics lol all I care about is pretty much killin people and meeting new people that's about it. Op you don't like how this game is go make one yourself I hear it isn't all that hard.b:bye
    pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=d5665672759051ef

^ my barbs built, full buff in tiger.b:bye

I'm not going to troll anymore T_T
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I don't give a **** about graphics lol all I care about is pretty much killin people and meeting new people that's about it. Op you don't like how this game is go make one yourself I hear it isn't all that hard.b:bye

Do you care in which order you do it? Also, once you kill them, they are no longer people, but instead are corpses.

Jsut thought I would point that out... hard to socialize with the dead...
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Dustins_ALT - Harshlands
    Dustins_ALT - Harshlands Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Do you care in which order you do it? Also, once you kill them, they are no longer people, but instead are corpses.

Jsut thought I would point that out... hard to socialize with the dead...

lol I will point out the you need to spell better,I'm just saying and no it's random not in that order smart one. Dead people can also talk in this game.
    pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=d5665672759051ef

^ my barbs built, full buff in tiger.b:bye

I'm not going to troll anymore T_T