Make the 2x Exp/Drop Permanent

LdyPwn - Harshlands
LdyPwn - Harshlands Posts: 26 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Suggestion Box
I think we should keep the 2x Exp/Drops permanent.
Except for TTs, that should go back to normal.

Normally the 80+ areas have really crappy drop rate. With the 2x exp it feels good to get something :)

Even if they keep the 2x exp/drops it wont make the economy go that bad would it?
Anyways I will let you the people Vote on it b:victory
Post edited by LdyPwn - Harshlands on

Comments

• Konariraiden - Heavens Tear
    Konariraiden - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,505 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    ...could'a sworn there was a similar topic made a few weeks ago...but I can't remember. Ah, well.

In any case, I'd find this more enjoyable. Nowadays, I just like to kill time on this game via grinding, and 2x drops really makes this Wizard happy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, it's me. Don't read to much into it, though; I'm only here for myself now, killin' time and chillin' when need-be. So sue me. Tch...
  • _aerith_ - Dreamweaver
    _aerith_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I agree with this.

Drop rates are **** without the x2 event

At the moment i am enjoying grinding very much :)
    Its actually rewarding in the 80+ areas. b:dirty
  • Tidebornisim - Raging Tide
    Tidebornisim - Raging Tide Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I wish that PVP servers can give us insta max level and unlimited money so we can pk. b:laugh
    StickyGreen - Level 9x Heavens Tear

Less QQ more Pew Pew b:thanks
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    No.

Just no.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • Tidebornisim - Raging Tide
    Tidebornisim - Raging Tide Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Yes.

Just yes.
    StickyGreen - Level 9x Heavens Tear

Less QQ more Pew Pew b:thanks
    edited April 2010
    There's nothing good about this idea.

It's already far too easy to level and make money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Oh great... another handout. I come from the generation before Hyper/whoracle/BH and we didn't need double xp/drops to make coin. Making money isn't insanely hard, grind for more than 20 minutes, keep the drops and soon you'll have a few hundred thousand. Stop asking for handouts, BH and Hypers have done MORE than enough for you.

Who knows... if you spent more time grinding instead of whining about drop rates maybe you'd have money... >.>
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Except that the situation before is different from the situation now.
    Try get another character to level 90 to see if you can make half the money you made before.
  • PandaXpresss - Harshlands
    PandaXpresss - Harshlands Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Barely make 100k net profits from grinding for 20 min, and that's during 2x drops.

And I'd settle just for 2x drops, just to make grinding a viable way to make money, and for a reason to kill mobs outside of instances.

And to the hyper/whoracle thing... honestly if you could afford to spam those things excessively, I highly doubt you'd care about 2x drops and exp.
  • ZeroMagus - Dreamweaver
    ZeroMagus - Dreamweaver Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I feel it should change to something a lil more substantial like 5-10x it sounds a bit crazy, but have you actually seen the other perfectworld servers that have 100 - 50,000x exp,drops,sp. I am not sayin to run to them, cause that would be a mistake, they are broken and you will be lost by the names of things. These are really only good for testing out character builds, meaning you would wanna go to the highest multiplier being the 50,000x

This is the best pwi client/server because it is slower or more reserved. but it is a bit slow in my opp. 5-10x wouldn't be so devastating to the economy.

This would also make grinding a real possibility for leveling and aquiring money. Currently if you fight something around your level for the exp, by the time you have reached a decent amount of drop money, your repair bill far exceeds this amount making grinding worthless, unless coupled with quests for those kills. that is pretty fail in my oppinion as a fellow game designer, but only on grinding being so meaningless. This is my perfect world home and i love it =)
    edited April 2010
    It's already far too easy to level in this game as it is . . . 5-10x would make PWI an absolute joke.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StarmanSuper - Harshlands
    StarmanSuper - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I think this thread is kind of ridiculous. If 2x exp/drops are permanent, will there be 4x exp/drop special events to replace them? I'd theorize that after a certain amount of time someone will inevitably just make a thread asking for the 4x exp/drop event to be permanent. The game should be more challenging if anything, not less.
  • Catandra - Lost City
    Catandra - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Would be nice, but probably won't happen.... b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Catandra - Venomancer - Lost City
    Teamwork is doing everything you need to do in a day, then doing one thing for someone else. What have you done for someone else today?
  • Felizia - Lost City
    Felizia - Lost City Posts: 487 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    just join a pserver then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    just join a pserver then.

Watch out, that could get you in trouble, there's rules against promoting any of the unofficial servers.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Though I would also like to see this stay, here is why it won't:

PWE would lose money. Some/most players buy zen simply to sell gold in game to make coin. More drops would mean less zen purchases. Though this idea would make the majority of the community happier, it all comes down to this in PWE's eyes:

$ > customer satisfaction
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    uhm... y wud this be useful, 2xdropz/exp iz a holiday type thing, y wud it be permanent, az sed, PW iz far too E Z to lvl az it ish
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • StarmanSuper - Harshlands
    StarmanSuper - Harshlands Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Though I would also like to see this stay, here is why it won't:

PWE would lose money. Some/most players buy zen simply to sell gold in game to make coin. More drops would mean less zen purchases. Though this idea would make the majority of the community happier, it all comes down to this in PWE's eyes:

$ > customer satisfaction

I hate to say it, but making money is a legitimate preference over keeping a few people happier. Also, when PWE makes money, the community is likely to be happier too. Just saying.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    uhm... y wud this be useful, 2xdropz/exp iz a holiday type thing, y wud it be permanent, az sed, PW iz far too E Z to lvl az it ish

um, do you know english? What the hell was half of that? I had to read it like 6 times.b:surrender
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I agree with this being permanent... so many people QQ that bh and instance runs ruin the 'old fun' of grinding and such, but that's because BH etc are already like tons better even with 2x drops. However, without 2x drops grinding is mostly a joke nowadays, not rewarding enough.

As it seems in this thread, 2x drops helps a bit.
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    if its just for drops im all for it b:victory b:victorysense i like grinding this would make it better
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • ilystah
    ilystah Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    As for those who argue that "it is too easy to level, this game need more challenge" let me ask you, what is the challenge in grinding mindlessly 10000 mobs.
    I don't support botting, but any game that give player an intensive to bot means the game is boring, and thus the design need to be changed.
    2x drop 2x exp is similar to botting in the sense that you spend less effort to achieve the same amount of exp/drop.
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I'd say 1.5x drops and maybe 1.5x SP too. Or 1.25x drops and SP, that would be cool.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
    edited April 2010
    um, do you know english? What the hell was half of that? I had to read it like 6 times.b:surrender

yes ma'am I can speak English very well seeing as that's the only language I speak. b:pleased

Lyke i sed, PW ish far too eazy 2 lvl az it iz, i really dun see how this idea iz being supported so much

• Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited April 2010

Actually, being able to read and fully comprehend butchered English is a greater sign of excel than using it flawlessly yourself, since it doesn't just take a flawless grammar or whatever, it also takes knowledge of pronounciation to know certain things. Not to mention that it shows character if you read said butchered English, understand it and reply to it normally, instead of going to question whether said person knows the language.

And by the way, in this case, it was blatantly obvious that the butchering was done on purpose.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    As someone said before, I think drop rates should be bumped up to 1.5x. The reason for this is that classes such as Sin, who have barely any aoe, no HA and weak weapons, will be less motivated to grind incessantly, due to the constant use of pots and amount of time it takes to kill mobs one by one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Hazumu - Dreamweaver
    Hazumu - Dreamweaver Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Who grinds with 1x droprate and xp?`Nobody, whom benefits from this? Nobody.

Who grinds with 2x droprate? Conciderably more than with 1x it seems. Whom does this benefit? Everyone whom thinks BH's is ruining the game.

Which option is more benefitial overall? ^^
    edited April 2010
    Actually, being able to read and fully comprehend butchered English is a greater sign of excel than using it flawlessly yourself, since it doesn't just take a flawless grammar or whatever, it also takes knowledge of pronounciation to know certain things. Not to mention that it shows character if you read said butchered English, understand it and reply to it normally, instead of going to question whether said person knows the language.

And by the way, in this case, it was blatantly obvious that the butchering was done on purpose.

b:chuckleb:thanks <3

@ Hazumu, I sat there and thot about wut u sed, and it made me change my perspective lmao, i see where yall r coming frum nao :)

• Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Who grinds with 1x droprate and xp?`Nobody, whom benefits from this? Nobody.

Who grinds with 2x droprate? Conciderably more than with 1x it seems. Whom does this benefit? Everyone whom thinks BH's is ruining the game.

Which option is more benefitial overall? ^^
    Yup agreed. +1
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    This 2x exp drops is spoiling us. The 2x now seems to be the new 1x factor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-