Ground Sounds = Perfecter World!

Tidebornisim - Raging Tide
Tidebornisim - Raging Tide Posts: 78 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Suggestion Box
Haven't you notice when you are on pavement, it sounds proper? Try walking on grass, it sounds exactly like your walking on pavement! Same with Snow, Sand and many other things that is NOT pavement!

Here's an idea:

CHANGE the sound when you walk on it!

The reason why I say this because people get confused and they think they are on pavement when they are really not.

So here is the sounds I request:

Road: Make it more of a pavement sound so we can know.
Path: Dirt sound, unless its paved.
Grass: A sound like if you are walking on grass... You know, stepping on weeds and many other things.
Sand: A rough sound like the Untamed Tiger, except it doesn't have the paws. Because Sand has alot of pebbles right?
Snow: A marchy sound you know, when you step in snow, its snowy right?
Beach: When you are walking on sandy beaches, it has very low sound when you are far from the water, but when you get closer, it sounds more solid.
Coastline: Water splashes are needed and even add a few waves so we can know that we are not on land anymore.
Marsh: A mucky mud sound is a must for marshes or swamps like Swamp of the Wraiths and some others.
Pebbles: Pebbly sounds... Duh...
Wood: A woodish sound, a must for wood places and trees.

If you have any other suggestions, post it here!

Thanks!
StickyGreen - Level 9x Heavens Tear

Less QQ more Pew Pew b:thanks
Post edited by Tidebornisim - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Good point, even it's not like the world's going to end tomorrow, if this wont be implemented soon...

And quite simple to implement.
  • Theavenger - Sanctuary
    Theavenger - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    YUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

This was one of the first major things that erked me about PW.
    It sounds really kinda lame walking on sand and it sounding like rock.
  • Tidebornisim - Raging Tide
    Tidebornisim - Raging Tide Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Bump. Thanks for supports :) Keep going people

Just keeping this thread alive. b:victory
    StickyGreen - Level 9x Heavens Tear

Less QQ more Pew Pew b:thanks
  • NagiSprfield - Sanctuary
    NagiSprfield - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I remember thinking about this a few days ago with some of my faction members. It would be really nice if there were variations in sounds when walking on different terrain. If this could be implemented, I would be grateful~
    "Truth be told, love, I only know about five or six spells. Studying is for the birds, I must say. On top of that, I'm also a Magic School dropout. Betcha didn't know that one, did you?"
    ~Nagi Springfield
  • Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear
    Fiery_Demon - Heavens Tear Posts: 230 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I'm not sure about the part that "people get confused and they think they are on pavement when they are really not.", because, most of us have eyes for that, ya know b:chuckle

But no, I really like the idea and I agree that there should be more and better sounds in the game.

Sometimes I just feel like turning the music off and listening to the sounds of nature, but they don't sound very real to me. Only things I can hear is the sound when I walk and birds singing, which is always the same. In some places there's a sound of blowing wind but that's all I can remember.
    It would be much nicer if I could really hear the waves splashing near the sea and on the beach, and maybe some more different birds singing in the forest. And of course, the walking sounds should be different too.

So when we play the game, it wouldn't sound so much like a game, but more like real world.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    not a bad idea :3 i like its! b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    great idea, but az posted, it CAN wait
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?