NOTICE: 4/6 Server Maintenance COMPLETE!!!

Comments

• Iluc - Sanctuary
    Iluc - Sanctuary Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    INDEEDb:fatb

just waiting to be able to remove it from faction chat

i wanna be able to read faction and squad, WITHOUT horns blabbering it all away instant
    "Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
    "PWI-forums, when trolling your own forum aint enough" ~ iluc ~
    "dev A: oh hey guys we got a rubberbanding issue
    dev B: psh what ever look how many $100's we got today
    dev C: oh hey somebody can't buy item in botique from some glitch
    dev B: OMG NO MORE MONEY I'LL FIX IT IMMEDIATELY"
    quote from: Kairu_ - Sanctuary
  • KaraMasinu - Sanctuary
    KaraMasinu - Sanctuary Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    add filters for this ****
  • Slarti - Dreamweaver
    Slarti - Dreamweaver Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    This is the first thing I have seen that I wish PWI had made MORE expensive... it's become annoying already and I have been on for like 3 minutes. The fact that there is no way to filter it out is going to make communicating with squads in instances more difficult.

Please at least allow it to be filtered from the squad channel.
  • Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Next up, Cancel-Horn Boutique Item?
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.
  • Lyritha - Heavens Tear
    Lyritha - Heavens Tear Posts: 447 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    There is no way to disable the spam. Please add a option so I don't have to scroll back up to actually read relevant information to what I am doing. I have world chat disabled normally... this does not turn off.

If this is not fixed I would like infinite blacklist because I do not play video games to sift through spam.
  • shootingstarvn
    shootingstarvn Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Next up, Cancel-Horn Boutique Item?

yes , greedy ppl
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    how to disable this?b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • Archalt - Sanctuary
    Archalt - Sanctuary Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I can see Perfect Horn spam in my Faction chat and this is unforgivable. Haven't checked in squad yet, I just logged on. BUT I don't want it in squad either!!! I was already sick of world chat, but thankfully I only see that in common chat I never use anyways. Perfect horn should be common chat only. Turn it off in faction / squad chat ASAP. PLEASE and thanks.
    ◄ Alt for posting. | PVE Sage Archer and happy with it.
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Part of it is pink too and very long if a player adds emotion to it. It's almost impossible to read PM's while in Archo. Most epic fail since... no, just most epic fail.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • OpalAthame - Dreamweaver
    OpalAthame - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Whoever thought of this perfect horn idea needs to choke and die. Right now.

Not even 10 min and people are spamming it making fun of the fact that I have to read them in all my chats.

.......What the F.UCK where you thinking?
    Pardon my language.
  • Shayisha - Heavens Tear
    Shayisha - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Totally agree with Opal.... wtf were you thinking?

Pure harrassment, that's all it is and I don't expect it to get better because there are some very little minds ingame who'll use it just for that purpose.

WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The other Shay's --> Shaylis 66 Wiz ~ Shaylista 46 Veno ~ Shaylari 31 Psy
  • King_Asmodei - Lost City
    King_Asmodei - Lost City Posts: 75 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    woot maint is done but these perfecthorns are gonna get real old real fast imo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    *sigh* I started as one of the few fists bms. I was ridiculed left and right now ur laughed at if you're not a fist bm. b:surrender
  • Sheets - Sanctuary
    Sheets - Sanctuary Posts: 180 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Totally agree with Opal.... wtf were you thinking?

Pure harrassment, that's all it is and I don't expect it to get better because there are some very little minds ingame who'll use it just for that purpose.

WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree... the Dev's are compleate and total morons not to have a way to turn this off or control uses..x.x its so god damned idiotic...

!~ Sheets x.x
  • Adalynne - Sanctuary
    Adalynne - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    horns are fail.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you will practice being fictional for a while, you will understand that fictional characters are sometimes more real than people with bodies and heartbeats.
  • Tawarwaith - Sanctuary
    Tawarwaith - Sanctuary Posts: 391 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Hate the horns. Minimized my chatscreen and put in some automessage so I can't see any chat anymore ... I prefer no chat then being forced to look at the nonsense spamming that can't be turned off in any chat.

Besides the fact it's simply annoying spam any normal player would hate to see, it will also unable a normal communication in squad (or faction). What nutcase came up with this item?!

Q.Q someone plz delete these horns before the end of the day ...
  • kerenta
    kerenta Posts: 44
    edited April 2010
    Please turn off perfect horn in squad and faction chat! I can't even see what my friends write in faction.
  • Shayisha - Heavens Tear
    Shayisha - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    They don't need deleting just give us the option to turn them off like world chat. To be forced to listen to idiots is sooo wrong......... first time I've ever been angry at you guys, honestly.

B>more blacklist slots
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The other Shay's --> Shaylis 66 Wiz ~ Shaylista 46 Veno ~ Shaylari 31 Psy
  • Lyzertt - Sanctuary
    Lyzertt - Sanctuary Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    i block all spam IRL! the red spam already bothered me in Squad/Faction/Whisper chats..... i might just quit if they don't allow blocking horn chat in at least whisper (for us spam haters to hide from it; i used to do that already).

this is like the Gov selling my right to privacy to the lowest bidder, just to make a quick buck..... i'm very disturbed!

[and yes, i know the US postal service already does this; probably other Gov associated agencies as well.]

~runs off to bed~.... happy gaming folks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Myriad is now recruiting active players on the Sanctuary server, lvl 55+ pls.
    We have a forum, and we do regular FBs, TTs, and FCCs. PM me for invite.
    Or visit our website and submit an application @ myriad.guildlaunch.com
  • KamisamaX - Raging Tide
    KamisamaX - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    OK i try to update thought the game client itself and i get file is corrupt at elementskill.dll, so then i download the patch and the SAME thing happens and im getting really pissed really fast.... how am i suppose to update!!!
  • Iluc - Sanctuary
    Iluc - Sanctuary Posts: 83 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    OK i try to update thought the game client itself and i get file is corrupt at elementskill.dll, so then i download the patch and the SAME thing happens and im getting really pissed really fast.... how am i suppose to update!!!

maybe redownload? you want tech section for this tho, but seriously, you arent missing much, just spam, WC spam, AND SOME FOR FREAKING HORN SPAM
    "Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"
    "PWI-forums, when trolling your own forum aint enough" ~ iluc ~
    "dev A: oh hey guys we got a rubberbanding issue
    dev B: psh what ever look how many $100's we got today
    dev C: oh hey somebody can't buy item in botique from some glitch
    dev B: OMG NO MORE MONEY I'LL FIX IT IMMEDIATELY"
    quote from: Kairu_ - Sanctuary
  • Archalt - Sanctuary
    Archalt - Sanctuary Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    You better get rid of the Horns in all chats, before 90% of the players quit the game. I'm planning to go back to Guild Wars with my whole faction if this continues. I want to talk to my friends in whisper / squad / faction, I don't want to read the spam. I'm going to blacklist everyone or quit for good. Stop it for your own and players' sake, PW.
    ◄ Alt for posting. | PVE Sage Archer and happy with it.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    ok, soooo....

Horn Chats are just fail. They invade every channel.

40 Tokens of Best Luck for Heavenrage gear. Does that mean its going up to 200 mill? LOL

Im sad .___.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • KamisamaX - Raging Tide
    KamisamaX - Raging Tide Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    maybe redownload? you want tech section for this tho, but seriously, you arent missing much, just spam, WC spam, AND SOME FOR FREAKING HORN SPAM

figured i'd go here and see if regular people would be able to help me :P but i downloaded it 5 times and it didnt work... going to go to the tech part of fourms now >.> and see if i can get it to work.... b:irritated
  • Tarind - Sanctuary
    Tarind - Sanctuary Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Ok, the Horns have got to go. I don't have World Chat on because of some of the morons there. Now you've given the a new medium to annoy me and others by being seen in Faction & Squad chat.

Better get with the Devs in China so they can get you a patch fast to be able to filter it out.
    I'll take an extra night of Maintenance just to be able to see the chats I choose to see again.
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    same here, i'm about to go back to FFXI and **** this game.... i can't even CHAT in faction chat atm.... the log goes up so fast with all the idiotic brats horn chatting useless **** >.<
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Never thought I would think about leaving this game but because of the unavoidable horn messages, I'm now considering it (or at least until they add a filter setting, if ever). This is far worse than having to see trade spam in common chat.
  • Daraklar - Dreamweaver
    Daraklar - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    ick, the perfect horn is so bothersomeb:beatup

can you PLEAAASE create an option for it to turn off?
  • Pchan - Dreamweaver
    Pchan - Dreamweaver Posts: 134 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    @the horn chat interface: I don't think they are necessary or needed for this game at all! We have more than enough chat interfaces to work our communication around the game! At first when I read the post about the upcoming patch, I thought it's just an addition to teles where you can edit color along with the different smileys. I thought, ok cool, I don't mind paying an extra couple cents to make my WC posts decorative.

But this isn't acceptable for me because I like to have my Squad chats uninterrupted especially on TT runs when we split the mats as well as when I talk to my friends!

My other complaint is people writing in Pink and Blue (yes the colors you see from PMs!!). When I see a PM come into my window, I usually try to respond, but seriously I almost responded to people I don't even know who was writing in pink or blue!!! If you want to have horn chat, AT LEAST DISABLE THE COLORS YOU ALREADY HAVE FOR YOUR OTHER CHANNELS!!!! b:angry

My suggestion:

Honestly, I think a horn to actually "wake up AFK people in your squad or PMs" like Buzz or Nudges from instant messengers would be so much more helpful.
  • VixenFoxxy - Dreamweaver
    VixenFoxxy - Dreamweaver Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    OK so of the server came on at 1:00 AM can some one tell what time that was EST ??
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    This update was super, considering since they put it in I know magically have an invalid username/password and can't log in at all :D
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute