Suggestions to make pwi own?

kiodelequa
kiodelequa Posts: 6 Arc User
edited April 2011 in Suggestion Box
So, today I was taking a look at the forum, something I rarely do, and decided that, after seeing the gm's reply to certain comments in pwi, they really do listen. I have played many other MMORPG games that are like PWI, yet this is probably the best game I’ve bumped into, (not to mention it is free).

Before I post any Idea's, please don’t flame or leave bad comments. They are ideas only. If you like them, leave a nice comment or even suggest adding to the list! But if you don’t like them, just turn around and walk away. :)

Before we start, I would also like to ask other players to ADD to the suggestions and Ideas, I will be happy to place your ideas up with mine and with your name beside them so people know its yours and YOU get the credit for adding to the ideas. I believe I speak for all, not just myself. :)

Realism in pwi...
Realism in pwi is probably the most favorite part that I enjoy of this game. I have a nice computer, so when I’m not in Archo West district in Raging Tide, I turn my overall to max, and it feels like the world is open to adventure! As I quest, waves of Laziness strike my soul, nature is calling me to take a small break, and soon enough, I find myself on a small deck out by the lake, sitting alone, relaxing and enjoying the beautiful water, trees, the sky, and I take the time to pm my friends. Normally, two or four of them will come join me, (my laziness is addicting), but soon enough... we get bored. We look around trying to find something OTHER than quests, and there is nothing we can do!

I like being by the lake, it's a very nice image that brings back nice memories and so, a suggestion for the creators.
Something to do when your out on the lake would be fish! I’m sure allowing players to buy a nice fishing pole and fish on the lakes would bring a new item (Fish) to the stores, give players new options (Regenerates health, Increases HP for 10 seconds, ect), or bring comfort to those who wish to do something while they take a small break, and continue to chat with their friends.

Feel free to add to the -Water- Ideas people. Its a public forum.

As my friend's and I progressed from level 1-20, and then 20-59... something was draining from reality. We noticed, the same monsters we killed like the dustwraith archers, had been placed in dungeons and other parts of the map and simply buffed. Next thing we knew... we are fighting the same lil mob we got bored of killing a few levels behind. And I’m sure everyone finds this to be (Boring).

Fighting monsters should be one of PWI's most important areas! After all, there is literally nothing else to do besides quest quest quest at the moment. Many players are attacked by the same wave of laziness my friends and I are because of the fact that, the monsters get old, and its not fun fighting the same little guy once, and then again, just with a different name and buffed. Seriously... this is a major problem and one that can easily be fixed. The monsters in pwi should be epic, strong, and original looking. Never should players see a dustwraith, and bump into his brother or cousin 20 levels later lol.

Solution?: Yes and its very easy. If you (the creators) cannot come up with monsters to put? Go ahead and open a suggestion tread and ask people to find monsters in other MMORPG's, and post a picture of the creature! Players can also make drawings or sketches of monsters so that you (the creators) can start replacing the dustwraith's in the FB's for REAL monsters. Just remember, and notice to all the players, monsters from OTHER games means copyright problems. Edit, add a few things here and there, and post.

Go ahead and post monsters you would like to see or upgraded, drawings, whatever, here in this forum. Suggestions are also welcomed.

So, two days ago, I was running around the world, (literally) lol, and I began to get bored, so I decided to pick on EVERY little detail I could find in pwi that bothered me when I REALLY put 100% attention to the game... and one of these details really bugged the heck out of me.

I began to notice, I was FARMING for trees. What the hell? Hahahaha. I found it very funny, but not to mention, I was FARMING, with a pickaxe! Holy snap I told myself. I asked my friend to fly to my location, and slapped him afterwards to make sure my eyes were healthy. He left with a b:sad face. Yes its a terrible outcome from this anger I gathered from this tiny detail that seemed to fail. I decided to forget it, and went off to continue looking for mats, and came upon an Ore, a black iron ore, laying there, in the middle of the desert, alone. ... And a herb not to far. ... I picked up the Ore, and looked for more around, (Because usually, Ores are found together in places called mines), and then ran towards the herb since I couldn’t find more ores. And I believe I pickaxed it to death so I could simply gather it. I called my friend again and I slapped him again, and he simply shook his head and b:surrender to my will and decided to follow me. After a few mats, he joined me in my quest to slapping friends for such an ignorant detail being left out!

There is a solution to this. And a very good solution that can bring more quests, and more realism to the game.

Trees: I see trees around the ENTIRE game, and sometimes, I wish I could chop one down, and get some wood, rather than using a pickaxe and finding a trunk out in the middle of no were. So me and a few friends thought about how cool it would be if in pwi, we could buy (Axes) and use them to cut down trees! This creates a few issues, (Mat prices might go down, you’ll never see trees again in pwi, ect), but we saw a solution to many of the problems. People on certain levels can gather certain level mats correct? So why not make the chopping of wood with an axe the same? During the begging, players can buy Bronze axes, available for levels 1-whatever the cap is in the server. Around the next set up mats, (normally around 20 when you reach archo), you can buy an Iron axe, and now mine the next set of mats, and the list goes on. From bronze, to iron, to other levels of axes to allow players to cut down the tree required at that specific level. Sounds like a nice idea huh? (We believe environmentalists will not be happy with this idea though). xD

So, the next problems was herbs, which we found solutions to the pickaxing the poor lil things to death. (We made up with the environmentalists.) Instead of using a pickaxe, add a nice little item called, "Bronze herb tools" (Unless yall have a better name for it), which allows to pick up the first set of herbs, then simply change Bronze to Iron, and the list continues.

As for the ore mats, which we found the pickaxe to be meant for ORE'S ONLY, we simply believed Ores should not be scattered, but placed in a cluster in small mines around the world map. Reason it would be a nice idea is because...

Humans make mines and gather ore from those locations. In history and throughout history, that has been a fact in real life, and In MANY games, and it is more realistic. Ore mat prices could go up, or go down, because of so many farmers that would deplete the ores at the mines, yet then again, (that makes up for the fact they are not spread out to prevent easy access to them). Mines outside specific cities would make up for the required level of mat. For example, outside etherblade, you get low level mats, outside archo, medium level mats, ect.

A note to the creator: An Iron Axe should still be able to cut down a low mat tree. Higher level equipment should always be able to step down and gather previous mats.

Untamed also seem like the type of race that would make mines as well, and thus fits the untamed perfectly. In the end the only race that should not have mines is the Winged Elf’s. (Finally some diversion?) Because now we have mines in the game, a player can get a quest from the blacksmith or elder to protect the mines, yet the elf’s are the only ones who cant gather than quest because they have ore clumpsters. Elf’s don’t seem like the race that damage mother earth. Their ores simply appear in clumpsters in locations because of time that has used evolution and all that geo stuff everyone sees on Nat, geo channel.

After the quest to think of ideas to fix that minor detail we did not have to confront, my friend's and I on the raging tide server went back to questing. (We heard someone yell finally).

Man I was so happy to gain a few levels after a few days. I had finally gotten a level 52 poleblade, (I’m a BM), and I saw another character pass by. I quickly followed behind and asked him for a duel. (He was carrying a replica of my poleblade, so I believed he was the same level). And sure enough, in 3 hits he owned me so bad I could’ve ran and hid besides the dismissal shade in fear of this man. How did he beat me when we are carrying the SAME poleblade??? Maybe his had better stats? I then asked for his level. He laughed, and then said, "I’m a level 90 BM who rains from the ancient gods." -.-'' Ok... I know some people like role-playing, likewise, but I just asked for the level. I soon enough found out his poleblade is a very powerful legendary weapon you get around those levels.

A new problem? Yes, apparently... the weapons now have brothers and cousins later on like the dustwraiths! Lol. Weird reproduction system huh?

Something that can be done is, new looks for stronger weapons can be developed. Rather than using a the look of an already created weapon, create something stronger looking for the later on weapons. If you (the creators) cannot think of looks for weapons, open up a suggestion tread asking for pictures or ideas. To make it easier on you creators, I ask the people to draw up some pictures, and place them here, or go bring other weapons from different games, and leave a picture of them here. Simply put the name of the game you took the weapon from. The creators wont copy and paste the weapon in this game, but it’ll give them nice ideas of weapons they can add.

Something new for the guilds

I am a guild leader. My guild's name is Aquaria, and there are currently no members because I have not recruited anyone or had time to recruit. But I had been in other guilds before I made my own and noticed something that is VERY common.

Guild members usually don’t have any place to gather and call home. Some of you could be asking, "What does he mean?"

Guilds fight for parts of the map, yet no guild has a "Home" or a place for guild member to gather. Something I call "A guildhall." A guildhall is a plot of land which can be bought by guilds so that their members can get together and spend time in a place they can call theirs. Very few of you might think its useless, but to Many others its not. Guildhalls in pwi can have a couple of different styles, depending on what the leader wants. Besides the look, in the guildhalls, you have most of the npc's you find in a town that are common, like a tailor, a blacksmith, merchant, ect. The guildhall allows for the creation of new quests and social events as well. Guild members can marry at their guildhall, leaders can call for rallies and create parties and such.

I have gathered a few pictures of different guildhalls which I will put here soon. I ask players to create pictures of guildhalls and maps of guildhalls to give the creators an Idea of what they can create and do.

Something that makes guild original is their banner. But only guilds who have been in PWI have the right to use them, which is something I agree with. I have played other games that allow guild leaders to create a cape and use it. This is an example,

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Cape

Imagine seeing a massive guild of 200 players using the same cape, the same colors, the same symbol. That would show more unity than having a small little banner by your name showing what faction you represent. This is a powerful Idea Pwi can use in their game to boost faction morale and support. This would bring factions closer together, and open up a stronger line of recruiting. I’m sure Guilds would love this idea, as would the people in the game. I have seen that capes do not show when you wear them, neither do helmets, yet sometimes, I would love to see my char using a helmet and a cape.

It is an idea that Pwi allows capes and helmets to be visual IF a player wants to. This options should be placed in the settings under "game".

These are real big changes, some of which might take Pwi some time to decide if they want to include, or not. Making every tree in Pwi something you can cut down, and receive wood or fine lumber, ect, is a difficult task, as well as making a mine for ores, ect, ect, or allowing capes to become visual. Its time for PWI to step up in the run against other games and stand out as the best. And the only way to do this is to stop fixing things already fixed "Like a friend stated", and begin to create and fix things that can make this game better.

I ask the creators to add a "Donation" area to allow players to donate for the game. It might not be used allot, yet at least the members have an option. Only thing we, the players in PWI ask is that you use the money wisely and help improve the game so we can enjoy it.

Creating and crafting:

Hope yall have a little more space for ideas, or allot more because I hope this thread will gather many wonderful minds, and continue to add like I am.

My next topic is manufacturing.

Manufacturing is something I find extremely fun. Why? Because you have endless possibilities to make weapons, armors, it can be a nice way to earn a good pay check, and it makes you stand tall in factions if you can produce top quality items. I pride myself in my tailor skills because I love making armors for people. The problem? Yea there is, and the problem is the fact I need a tailor, to be a tailor.

-People gasped-

Yea, this is a small annoying detail that really bugs me. This calls for more tools players can buy like the bronze pickaxe, axe, herb tools, ect. For blacksmiths for example, rather than finding a blacksmith all the time, they can carry around "Blacksmith equipment", which is a small little picture of an anvil, a hammer, some clips, and what this does, is every time the player right clicks or double clicks on it, a little anvil will appear, and the player gets the same option a blacksmith will give you, except anywhere you go, and as long as you have the mats, you can spit weapons like a true blacksmith. In the guildhall, beside the blacksmith an empty anvil can be provided for a blacksmith so he doesn’t have to use his own or the blacksmith. This is called a "usable object" which is an object placed on pwi that can be used like the equipment you have. Tailors can have a "Tailor equipment" which is whatever they need to create armors and stuff, apocatheries can have "Potion equipment", ect ect. And the list goes on. I’m sure allot of players would love this idea, especially if they have worked hard to be a tailor, blacksmith, apocathery, ect.

Emotes that stand out

The last suggestions I have for pwi is on the emotes. Emotes are used every day, especially the sit, lay down, yet I noticed a few bugs and some updates that could be done.

One thing is when people lay down, their arms look like they are broken. And I believe I speak for women in this one more than males. Its as if the females elbow popped out of placed. This should be fixed, not for the major need of the game, but to stop people from getting distracted by the broken elbow lol. Its horrible. A way to fix the problem for females is have them put their hands behind their head as if resting her head on it, or fix the arm problem lol. It be nice to have a second way of laying down for the click of one emote lol. So maybe both can be placed for the laying down option. For sitting, one thing I noticed is Untamed kneel, and the rest of the races have their own style of sitting. For one, Id love to kneel also yall, The day I ask that special lady if she will be mine, I had planned to kneel, took me two weeks to figure out only Barbarians could do that. Make a kneel option which places everyone in the same position as the barbarians. And instead of having them kneel to sit, give them a nice way to sit also, rather than kneeling until their knee gives up and it faints. This little bugs and tweaks can mean allot to many of us.

This concludes my Ideas and suggestions for PWI. I ask again, for all players to drop in with idea's, even if they come from other games. The goal is the same, MAKE PWI BETTER for the player and against the competition, even if it means taking ideas. Please provide pictures and drawing, ideas, anything, here. If its good and your comrades like the idea, Ill put it here in the first page with your name so you get the credit. :)

Hope yall had fun reading. Till next time :)
Post edited by kiodelequa on

Comments

• BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    That was amazingly long...

By the way, factions are not called "guilds" so yeah. The developers probably don't want to make "guild halls" because most of the time, factions get wiped out from the map in TWs.

The mine and tree part is interesting.. But those trees are more made for the environment of the place... Not for chopping down... If I saw people chop down those huge amazing trees, I'd cry and rage quit. <___<

I like the fish idea, but that would cause lag for a lot of people.

Oh and the ax, pickaxe, etc. idea, personally I'd hate that because it would be a hassle to carry around all that stuff.. >___<
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • SigDelequa - Raging Tide
    SigDelequa - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Thats the problem. You limit the idea to keep it so simple. For example, a faction is in a manner, a guild lol. And the guildhall is not in the map. Think outside the box. Umm... Factionhall? If you prefer, is not part of TW. Please do not mix those two together. Factions do disapear from TW, but not from the game itself. The factionhall is like a dungeon, for your squad only, except it works in a difrent manner. The factionhall becomes open to all Faction members, to enter and leave, as they will. They can do that in many manners, a specific skill that allows members to enter the hall, and leave, teleports in big cities, ect.

As for the trees, if you see that as a reason you'd quit... the trees re-appear after some time, And the trees being cut down would be random, because the mat here stacks rather than add to the inv, which means players do not have to run to the bank to store their current inventory and go back for more.

The fishing idea is a simple prop to say. PWI aint being told to add fishes that will be attracted to the fishing pole, its simply a visual which can become usefull later on.

One thing people have to understand is you cant lag advancement because some people are outdated. You must move on in order to prevent other competition from gaining an upper hand or bordum taking over the players. The extra little tools you mentioned is not really a problem when the creators have the option to create what is called "Equipment bag" Like the Quest Inv. which I have never seen fill up like water in a fish tank, can be created to properly place objects like those there.

Dont limit the creation of ideas simply because you cant be creative, find a creative solution. Its one reason why this game probably hasnt advanced yet.
  • Itachikun - Lost City
    Itachikun - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Hmm, I read about half way through your post because well... it's quite long and I don't really have the patience to read it all. Yet, I did get as far as adding bronze pickaxes and cutting down trees and adding mines. I don't know if you ever heard of the game *********, but what your describing sounds oddly enough just like it.

It's been a long time since I've played *********, but I do clearly remember having to buy fishing poles and fish and then cook the fish to make a yummy HP recovery. I also remember having to buy certain axes such as: bronze, iron, and rune, and you used these certain axes to cut down certain trees that were your lvl. With the mines, yes there were little mines all over where you could mine certain ores that you needed to make your gears. It seems as if your taking some of the ideas out of *********.

Don't get me wrong. Fishing does sound like a nice relaxing thing to do since at my level I get bored very easily after I finish my BH and then have nothing else to do but pk, yet I really don't want to see this game turn into a graphically upgraded *********.

They space the mats and herbs out throughout the world for a reason, and that's for marketing. If you could just go up to a regular tree and sit there to get wood, there would be no reason to have to sell it and if they do sell it, it would produce another way to introduce bots into the game, and that is what we DO NOT want.

On the other hand, the idea of remodeling mobs to look different is a great idea. I'm quite sick of traveling around and seeing the same mob I saw when I first started the game. A little change their way would be great.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited April 2010
    After reading your reason, I completly agree with what you said. And yes, some Ideas were taken, with the believe that the game can be moddified to work a little better but the marketing is a fact and I agree.

Lol you have to admit, having a nice lil fishing pole to fish while you socialise would be nice after those long BH's.

Thanks for reading at least a portion of it lol. :)
  • Tidebornisim - Raging Tide
    Tidebornisim - Raging Tide Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Support all the way :D
    StickyGreen - Level 9x Heavens Tear

Less QQ more Pew Pew b:thanks
  • Tidebornisim - Raging Tide
    Tidebornisim - Raging Tide Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Why is Ruenscape cencored?
    StickyGreen - Level 9x Heavens Tear

Less QQ more Pew Pew b:thanks
  • Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    ive read the whole thing, did u dcome from RS? b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • UoAToTAoU - Lost City
    UoAToTAoU - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    all of your ideas sound interesting but the mat collection idea, you should just get like a material collection kit so you dont burn all your inventory slots

Also when i started playing pwi a thing that i disliked was no capes or helmets.
  • Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Wow, long post O.o...

Was nice to read it although I didnt read everything in the end.

But hey, the fishing idea is great and was suggested already several times before,

the faction capes are cool.... but the harvesting idea... we don't want a too realistic perfect world, do we?

But here's a goodie since it fits to farming mats:

http://pw-comics.blogspot.com/2009/09/no15-pickaxe-get-your-pickaxe.html
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    this could add a little fun to the game sense it can get boring fast now adays once you have done everything tht you wnted to do but some of these could be imo good for the game b:victory
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • KageYingZi - Heavens Tear
    KageYingZi - Heavens Tear Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I like the fishing part.Now,I can catch a few and hang them around Raging Tides
    edited April 2010
    Thanks yall. Everyone seems to think the fish idea is nice, but that is a small feature compared to the faction hall and manufacturing part. What do yall think of that? Like I said before, I agree with the other comment on the mat gathering, it would create a market problem, although it just seemed a little more realistic, I understand why we cannot go through with that idea. The rest though seems like things we can upgrade on.

The faction hall has at least 5 sceneries when bought, A medival look, a eastern look, a dark look, a hevenly look, and of course, for those who cant afford those expensive looks, a war torn fort. Prices range from, 1m for the war torn fort, and increase upon the look of the hall. The hevenly and dark theme would be the most expensive, and the eastern and medival inbetween.

To answer the question asked once I believe, I havent played rs in ages, although pwi has great potential mixing up some of the ideas from that game. Believe it or not, many of the ideas for this game simply come from other games. (Games were you pay $-- each month ect).
  • nimsosim
    nimsosim Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Here are my opinions of your opinions...

Trees Mines and resources...

I agree it would be nice to have mines.
    But, in my opinion, not at the cost of the current harvest system.

I like the current resources system. You can walk around and find scattered resources in the land. In that way I can still happen upon a resource when questing or exploring or just wandering.

This is also in my opinion realistic. In real life... You can find ore rocks in the ground. You can find herbs growing in random places. You can find stumps and roots. This is realistic. If you live in a city you might not notice this. But in a wooded area similar to the theme of perfect world. It is realistic.

Once you get more into the crafting system. You realise that you need materials that are found from monsters also. In this way you can find areas that produce all the materials you need for a item and spend the time in that area gathering these specific materials.

On crafting...
    Thats a nice idea about crafting anywhere. I don't care for extra tools. But I think it would be cool if players are able to use there crafting skills anywhere directly from the spell icon. This doesn't require so much a new model for a anvil but just a new animation for the character to loop while the character produces items.

on faction...
    Well I dnt have much opinion for faction.
    Having special benifits could give players initiative to join factions who are otherwise unwilling. But I think this ultimately will lead to factions with two or three people in them just so they can have there private hall. It needs good planning to work for the better of the overall game world.
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    the manufacturing idea is something i would luv to have so i wouldnt have to run bck to a dang city every time i wnt to craft an item for me ,a friend, or a faction mateb:victory
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Constrnation - Dreamweaver
    Constrnation - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited April 2011
    i like the fishing idea b:dirty althought most of lakes/rivers/seas have got water monsters Dx b:shocked

it'd be nice if barbs/venos had their own true form skill
    it's weird to be a panda and turn into a tiger... b:surrender lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    my chars:
    Constrnation - 100bm
    Tiguesito_o - 52 barb
    PequeniaAla - 38 cleric
    "going to make a seeker... maybe Reite or _Reite_" :D