The U.S. Air Force Needs YOUR Help (photoshop / art contest)

2»

Comments

• Technotic - Sanctuary
    Technotic - Sanctuary Posts: 591 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Hello everyone!!

To keep this short, I'll explain it as briefly as possible. I am a member of the Air Force, currently training to be an officer while getting my degree. I have been assigned to Foxtrot flight here at my detachment. My commander has charged us with the task of decorating our flight board with something that will inspire our squadron and make him proud.

Given that our name is Foxtrot, we all brainstormed the idea to have some sort of 'battle fox' or fierce fox warrior. However, we all lack creative ability with photoshop and general artistic ability.

I am requesting that one or several of you could loan your artistic abilities to our cause. I have no reward to offer, but I did promise my flight that the community here at pwi is capable of just this sort of thing. None of them understand the comradary that develops in an mmo.

Official contest rules:
    please submit some sore of battle-fox type warrior that would be appropriate for an air force display board.

-Preferably a masculine fox (no female human form please)
    -in game pictures are fine, photoshop additions are encouraged
    -a fox with armor is preferable (maybe spear and shield?)
    -in game or out of game material are equally acceptable

I've seen some cool fox-like creations, signatures, etc. on these boards before, if you have some time please help out, or let me know what you think.

Thank you all, good luck!

1: You shouldn't be posting on public forums that you're in the air force or even what unit you're in. Especially if you're going for Officer.
    2: Maybe a fox with lightning bolts coming from sides and the globe behind it(like the fox is protecting it). Lightning bolts + Globe always seems to be an Air Force icon.
    Say my name 3 times, I dare you.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • KillaBee_ - Sanctuary
    KillaBee_ - Sanctuary Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    1: You shouldn't be posting on public forums that you're in the air force or even what unit you're in. Especially if you're going for Officer.
    2: Maybe a fox with lightning bolts coming from sides and the globe behind it(like the fox is protecting it). Lightning bolts + Globe always seems to be an Air Force icon.

I have taken care to preserve the integrity of the U.S. Air Force in all these posts, and getting the public involved to help out and have fun was praised by my commander. But I understand your concern, and where you are coming from.

The idea with the globe and lightning bolts sounds pretty good, although I think one of the other flights is using an image of lightning on their board :-/

We have all been busy this week, so we have not decorated the board yet, but I will hold my promise to take pictures of it when it is finished and post it in this thread. We have a competition today vs. the Army and Navy; wish us luck!!
  • MissEbil - Heavens Tear
    MissEbil - Heavens Tear Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Nice idea, looking forward to seeing the board when you get everyone's work up there.

@ Technotic:
    I've read this forum, and I don't know where KillaBee_ is posted/training so I'd say it's not so bad ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Proud member of the VenoMafia.

b:flower Read my FanFic! b:flower
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=334222
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    Technotic - Sanctuary Posts: 591 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    It is against Air Force regulations to display publicly about what you do or what unit you are from in most situations. This one isn't that bad but there has been cases where people have been tracked from online posts like this and killed in an act of terrorism.
    Say my name 3 times, I dare you.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Tidebornisim - Raging Tide
    Tidebornisim - Raging Tide Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    PS: Tidebornisim, check out this site if you are curious. I NEVER thought I'd join the military until I checked it out one day, there are many unique opportunities to be a part of. [http://www.airforce.forces.gc.ca/v2/index-eng.asp]

I checked out the site...

The nearest one is Moose Jaw?

Wow!

And also, I looked at the air force to... Not bad! It sounds quite honourable defending your country!
    StickyGreen - Level 9x Heavens Tear

Less QQ more Pew Pew b:thanks
  • Tidebornisim - Raging Tide
    Tidebornisim - Raging Tide Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    PS: Tidebornisim, check out this site if you are curious. I NEVER thought I'd join the military until I checked it out one day, there are many unique opportunities to be a part of. [http://www.airforce.forces.gc.ca/v2/index-eng.asp]

I checked out the site...

The nearest one is Moose Jaw?

Wow!

And also, I looked at the air force to... Not bad! It sounds quite honourable defending your country!
    StickyGreen - Level 9x Heavens Tear

Less QQ more Pew Pew b:thanks
  • Kyaan - Dreamweaver
    Kyaan - Dreamweaver Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Here is the design im working on for your contest (even thou its over T^T) , This is just the rough sketch.
    And yes those are Armor Bionic like wings, I figured with it being with the Airforce it was fit to be in :)

FoxtrotSketch.jpg
    Character : Kyandeisu
    Level/Class : 96/WF(Venomancer)
    Character : Jovent
    Level/Class : 100/EA(Archer)
    Guild : ☆WarLord☆
    Version : PWMY

Character : ZeroJigoku
    Level/Class : 56/Assassin
    Character : Kyandeisu
    Level/Class : 56/EP(Cleric)
    Guild : ☆WarLord☆