why wings for tideborn?

Options

Comments

• _Kodaijin_ - Heavens Tear
    _Kodaijin_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    tide wingas are better looking than a clerics wings personally...phoenix embrace would look like $HIT on a sin.b:sad

at least you can fly guys if you would prefer it im sure the gms could take away the wings and make it a ground class only.
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    tide wingas are better looking than a clerics wings personally...phoenix embrace would look like $HIT on a sin.b:sad

at least you can fly guys if you would prefer it im sure the gms could take away the wings and make it a ground class only.

they cant remove wing since we have same quests as all other class after lv 20 which include bounty hunter , culti quest at heaven tear and maybe more
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • GotNuB - Harshlands
    GotNuB - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i think the clerics have cooler wings than the tb!!!...i think the tb wings need to be more worked on^^

cheers!
  • draxxusc4
    draxxusc4 Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    But how the heck are the tideborn supposed to upgrade their wings, they don't have that option in the forge
  • HitsTwice - Raging Tide
    HitsTwice - Raging Tide Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The Tide Born and Elf characters both have awesome wings, although I like the Tide Born wings better lol
    Native Pride
  • XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
    XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    lies, spongebob has birds underwater, look in the episode about wormy, sandy has a birdy!

Mr.Krabs has a whale for a daughter >_>
    Thanks for the siggy Dorset
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

-Currently residing in the real world-
  • XXInvictusXx - Heavens Tear
    XXInvictusXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I think TBs shouldve gotten mists and bubbles to fly on >>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Heaven's Tear - 8x Venomancer - Logging in just to poke around b:surrender
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    Technotic - Sanctuary Posts: 591 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    non-bendy wings, ugly as ****
    Say my name 3 times, I dare you.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • ITalk - Harshlands
    ITalk - Harshlands Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    b:shedtear Just look at them! Their peace of Trash! Tideborn_Wings16.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LunaLighte - Heavens Tear
    LunaLighte - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    You guys are just hating on us tideborns cause finally another class has wings for once. I like how they look like fae wings. And they glow too, so that is another reason you hate on our wings.

BTW it shows my actual level.
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    You guys are just hating on us tideborns cause finally another class has wings for once. I like how they look like fae wings. And they glow too, so that is another reason you hate on our wings.

BTW it shows my actual level.

Arrogant much? We hate your wings because they are ugly, look stupid, and are completely unfitting for a fish race. You would have looked better with helicopter propellers sticking out of your heads. At least then you wouldn't be a cheap fail ripoff of Elves.

roflcopter_2.jpg
  • YukiChana - Harshlands
    YukiChana - Harshlands Posts: 222 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Arrogant much? We hate your wings because they are ugly, look stupid, and are completely unfitting for a fish race. You would have looked better with helicopter propellers sticking out of your heads. At least then you wouldn't be a cheap fail ripoff of Elves.

roflcopter_2.jpg

b:angry I Rather Fly On Helicopter propellers nice one b:victory
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Strawberry_
  • Vixe - Heavens Tear
    Vixe - Heavens Tear Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    How about, instead of fish or animals that may conflict with the Untamed race, and wings that may/are conflicting with the elven race, how about something like flying boats? You can use a small raft for level 30 boats and then it goes up to something like a ship for higher level/more expensive mounts.

....Of course, it's too late to suggest that now. b:chuckle
  • Tidebornisim - Raging Tide
    Tidebornisim - Raging Tide Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Hey, its not as worse than seeing a homosexual male elf archer.
    StickyGreen - Level 9x Heavens Tear

Less QQ more Pew Pew b:thanks
  • XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
    XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

Or watching someone fail at being a trollb:laugh
    Thanks for the siggy Dorset
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

-Currently residing in the real world-
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options

Whats wrong with that? Pretty offensive if you ask me.

1: Wings for a water race? You went from under-water fins to wings.
    2: TideBorn should have some kind of add-on. They have fins, so maybe fly mounts is just that they expand or something and you can fly. Idk, but wings are kinda weird..
    3: I agree that the wings are fugly being 2D. They need to bend. Just doesn't look right. Only bird that comes to mind that flys with non-bending wings would be the humming bird(closest thing I could think of) and those wings fly at 50 flaps per second. I don't think the game could handle that kind of processing.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Dragonscare - Sanctuary
    Dragonscare - Sanctuary Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    b:sadi agree why tideborns have wings they look so stiff when flying D:
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Just a quick photo shop. Sloppy but gives some possible idea for a 'proper' TB mount.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m214/Dragonwindspirit/flying_fish.jpg

~S
  • Risingson - Lost City
    Risingson - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I think Tideborns should get no "visible" flying mount or wings at all and get like a meditation device that would allow them to float in the air and fly with no support, like Superman.

You would get fancy animations dancing around you with different "devices", like water, etc...
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    anything else you want to add to make tide born anymore bad **** and kill all other races? i mean you already have the PvP down, lets just give you fashion to. XD

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    anything else you want to add to make tide born anymore bad **** and kill all other races? i mean you already have the PvP down, lets just give you fashion to. XD

LOL Tech seriously, you are like a million other people in a million other games that whine and cry when they can't figure out how to counter something new.

Tech3 Cruisers in another game I play is an example. When they were introduced the whining was epic, OMG OP game breaking blah blah, then people figured out how to gank them.

Beastlords in another one I used to play. OMG OP nerfbat themmmmmmmm. Then people figured out how to play them and fight them, and the whines stopped.

The fact is, the TB are not unkillable. You just need to relax and take some time to work out ways to do it.

What I think is the REAL issue you are having is that YOUR CLASS (Archer) might not be the uber gank class it used to be in PVP anymore and it has you upset and fearful.

Well I hate to break it to you Tech, but life is unfair, games are unfair and someone will ALWAYS have an advantage. Archers had it for the longest. Now it's someone else's turn until people figure out how to counter them.

My suggestion... quit the QQ.

~Saitada
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    oh please. i admit i'm not that good of a PKer. i enjoy helping people more than PK anyday. barbs normally pound me because of their hp but I still try. I can't even try against assassins. 100% invisible = they hit me 2-3 times before I can even get a shot on them and they're right next to me so it does 1/2 damage anyways. There is no chance.

Archers never had a huge advantage. Barbs have insane hp. BMs can run up to you pretty fast. Wiz just does insane elemental hits. Veno had reflect but it got nerfed which kinda sucks, but they have pets like nix to really get in there. Cleric can just heal itself to no extent while you're asleep and charge up some ridiculous spells. Archers do very high physical damage to ranged objects. they're weak armor and damage handicap balances it. Assassins don't have a handicap. They just turn invisible or teleport/stun you and its over.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    oh please. i admit i'm not that good of a PKer. i enjoy helping people more than PK anyday. barbs normally pound me because of their hp but I still try. I can't even try against assassins. 100% invisible = they hit me 2-3 times before I can even get a shot on them and they're right next to me so it does 1/2 damage anyways. There is no chance.

Maybe not. Or maybe you have yet to work out a way to manage it. Spend time thinking of ways to survive those first couple of hits, and how to WTF pwn them back. If you concentrate your mind on that, you might find you missed something.

I know that there have been several suggestions in other threads on how to counter them. Build from those suggestions. I know you are not stupid, I think that you are stuck in an idea/mindset loop and can't see your way out of it yet.

~S
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    archer = no aoe without target :'(

theres even a thread in archer forums asking how to counter-them. as far as we got, there isn't anything we can do beyond refining heavy armor and putting citrines in it to withstand a hit. :'(

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    archer = no aoe without target :'(

theres even a thread in archer forums asking how to counter-them. as far as we got, there isn't anything we can do beyond refining heavy armor and putting citrines in it to withstand a hit. :'(

I would say surviving that initial attack is what is going to be the key. I don't think they are OP, I think they are just hard to counter due to their skill sets. Once the counter is figured out, I think they will be just as easy to PK as anyone else.

Remember Tech that the TB are a new class, so figuring out HOW to counter them might take time.

Back when I played another game early Monks were considered deadly in PVP. A counter for them was worked out and after that, they were dangerous, but not considered OP anymore.

I honestly think that some time needs to go past and people need to try to work out how to off them. When that happens, you can expect the TB will be looked at as any other class.

I don't know personally, because I haven't looked, but maybe an existing Genie skill that is available that nobody bothers with now because it seems useless, might be the key?

I just noticed that their are 6 inactive skill blocks under advanced skills for genies. My guess would be that these may eventually implement genie based counters for TB much like the genie based counters developed for Flesh ream.

~S
  • Psudeotrophe - Dreamweaver
    Psudeotrophe - Dreamweaver Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    If you look at some of the wings of the tideborn they actually look like fish fins... Ok so really only one looks like fish fins, the Solemn Feathers wings. The rest look like those wire lawn ornaments you put out for christmas that are covered in lights, you know the light up lawn reindeers and stuff?

I think if they kinda lean more into the "Fish appearance" of the tideborn wings, it'll be more appropriate. Make them flow like fish fins too damnit! Like they're swimming with their wings in the air!

>.>

<.<

I also want to be able to talk to fish... Like Aquaman... Summon whales to bludgeon the hell out of my foes in a massive water aoe called "Call of Shamu"

fears my exhaustion...
    Apparently its more difficult to milk a smurf than originally conceived..
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I've looked through the Genie skills. Only 1 can AoE without having a target and it drains ~150 energy to cast. Pretty useless when you don't even know he's there.

Anyways, I think the wings should at least bend.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Risingson - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    ....Dude. This is a thread where people should be supposed to give ideas for the Tideborn Aerocraft. Wings are lame, it's a fact. On Tideborns at least, and they should be a feature reserved to Elves. So, people give ideas. That's what the OP wanted, that's what we're doing (for once).

But no. Your life can't go right if there is ONE unspoiled Tideborn thread on this forum, it's amazing. Do you go to sleep every night feeling good about yourself because you carefully checked every thread just so you could locate and ruin every Tideborn thread you stumbled on? It's pathetic.

Seriously man, give it a rest, nobody is listening to you anyway.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • Risingson - Lost City
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I think Tideborns should get no "visible" flying mount or wings at all and get like a meditation device that would allow them to float in the air and fly with no support, like Superman.

You would get fancy animations dancing around you with different "devices", like water, etc...

I'm quoting myself here to precise that this would be just a normal feature, an animation like the Swords, the wings or the mounts. Nothing different, same speed and all. I just think flying like that would really fit the race. Wings don't fit em, swords wouldn't fit them and neither would mounts I think, or maybe it would but well it would be faking Untameds instead of Elves.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • Zand_pyrite - Sanctuary
    Zand_pyrite - Sanctuary Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    They're not wings so much as they're fins, like flying fish. Note how they don't move like elf wings & they have a bit of an aquatic look to them. I believe that's what PWE was aiming for when they designed them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]