Same-Sex Marriage/Embrace

Options
Technotic - Sanctuary
Technotic - Sanctuary Posts: 591 Arc User
edited February 2011 in Suggestion Box
1. For one, I know alot of guys that are venos and would like to get married to their girlfriend but can't because their girlfriend is a female character :O

2. But mostly, I don't see why this isn't possible yet. It is a very easy script and could be easily written in less than a week. I could write it if you really want me to. It isn't that complicated.

3. Don't protest that its against the bible or whatever. If you don't like same-sex marriage or couples, you don't have to marry the same-sex or enter a **** relationship. But let everyone be treated equally.

4. I know people have wanted this for some time, I don't see why it hasn't been taken seriously.

5. Think of all the more money you guys would be making if anyone could marry anyone? b:laugh
Say my name 3 times, I dare you.

~Technotic
TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
Post edited by Technotic - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    It seems like the reason behind this is because PWI devs can't alter the code for themselves. They only get what is given to them by the Chinese developers. Because same sex relationships are taboo in Chinese culture, it will probably never be put into the Chinese version, which means it won't be put into this version either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear
    XXKimikoXx - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,569 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    It's not welcomed in China..............end of story.
    Thanks for the siggy Dorset
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

-Currently residing in the real world-
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    No matter how much that option would make me happy, and how much I would have liked to marry a certain barb, it is not going to happen, been suggesting it for almost a year now and no go, so, Why should we keep asking for it if they are not planning to implement it at all?

It is at the general suggestion thread, so, that is all they are doing for now, enough explanations given about the Chinese and such, no matter how much we suggest that, they have not fixed the rubber banding issue, or the lowered barb agro settings, I don't honestly think they will allow us to embrace / carry / marry / share mount with anybody unless we are males and they are females, at least on their avatar.
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    It seems like the reason behind this is because PWI devs can't alter the code for themselves. They only get what is given to them by the Chinese developers. Because same sex relationships are taboo in Chinese culture, it will probably never be put into the Chinese version, which means it won't be put into this version either.

Sadly I know this is true b:sad

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver
    Teh_fishey - Dreamweaver Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    1. For one, I know alot of guys that are venos and would like to get married to their girlfriend but can't because their girlfriend is a female character :O

2. But mostly, I don't see why this isn't possible yet. It is a very easy script and could be easily written in less than a week. I could write it if you really want me to. It isn't that complicated.

3. Don't protest that its against the bible or whatever. If you don't like same-sex marriage or couples, you don't have to marry the same-sex or enter a **** relationship. But let everyone be treated equally.

4. I know people have wanted this for some time, I don't see why it hasn't been taken seriously.

5. Think of all the more money you guys would be making if anyone could marry anyone? b:laugh

Look, PWI is an MMORPG based on Old Asian (paticuraly Chinese) traditions and styles. Back in those times, you'd be executed for having a thought like that (I have nothing against homosexuals, I'm just stating historical facts here).

Another thing, not everyone is treated equally, and not everyone is equal either. I know its a hard truth, but its the truth.

Plus I'm not sure how much money they'd even actually make...

One last thing, this has been suggested a lot, and suggesting it more probably won't help, its already pretty clear that it won't be implemented. Not because its hard to program, but because for every person for it, there is probably someone against it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Note: No thats not me... I stole that from the interwebs b:chuckle
    BTW.... YOU ROCK FORSAKENX <3

I like to think of myself as a dog, I can be cute and cuddly but sniff people's butts and get away with it ><>

Warlock recruiting lvl 70+ on the Dreamweaver Server.
    PM an officer for an invite.

b:heartb:flowerb:faint
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I'm still going to push it that this wouldn't be a bad idea.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Shivalia - Lost City
    Shivalia - Lost City Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    It seems ridiculous to me that the chinese are so against **** while they have their limit **** on having children. If you want a ton of kids and you live in china, you're screwed, so what else should you do? At least you should be welcome to be with the same sex if you're legally limited on what you can do with the opposite to begin with. b:spit Just my two cents on that matter.

Edit: And yes, I do realize that the limit is a population limit. But what helps decrease the population more than ****? Seriously. b:lipcurl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Wonderful drawing of Shivalia done by the ever talented Shirrii of Heavens Tear. b:heart Much love to you forever!
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    roflbattlecopter. so very true

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • chelseacrafter
    chelseacrafter Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

THIS...

and fyi there are a lot more important equality issues on the game than same sex marriage such as female equality. The manner in which females characters are made to be subservient to the male characters is just wrong. Giving only male characters abilities & control over actions & relationships is wrong. Not being able to block kissing in an embrace is wrong on both sides when chi is a factor. For that matter the kissing between humans & animals is morally wrong but they didn't care to block that from happening. And why do all the dialogs refer to all players as being males?

Get in the queue for getting equal rights treatment... ladies first. LOL (that's a joke)
  • chelseacrafter
    chelseacrafter Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    and yeah I agree with a few ppl about roleplaying...

If you don't understand what roleplaying is go look it up & get a clue.

You agreed to role play a scenario of ancient China when you entered the game. Deal with it.
  • BlackOcirus - Sanctuary
    BlackOcirus - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    As much as the Developers might not support **** marriage, They are still human and that means they are still greedy, power hungry, selfish ********s just like the rest of the human race. They just want there money so they can stay in business and they know when they see an easy way to make it, theyll take the opprotunity.

If we make ****/**** Marriage Serious enough, even the developers are gonna understand that not bending to our demands is gonna be a costly mistake. Many people feel VERY strongly about this and "if you dont like it find another game" is gonna be exactly what happens.

So the developers have 2 choices:

1) Make more money off of a spike of Marriage pack sales by allowing those who are **** or **** to marry the ones they love (becuz you KNOW that if anyone of us have the opprotunity to do it, WE WILL) and keep those same sex couples playing pwi

***********OR***********

2) Enrage or Dissappoint a select community of PWI and possibly cause many to "find another game" reducing not only marriage pack sales, but sales of any other items those whom quit would buy in the boutique. Either lowering he overall reputation of the game from the sudden drop in players or just thinning the developers pockets (which OF COURSE they dont want)

If we make this a big enough Situation in PWI Devilopers will have to choose from those 2 options. So Really, QQing Is Exactly How We Are Going To Make Change! ! ! ! !

And those who vote "NO" are not doing it becuz "they agree with the developers" or "its hard to reprogram marriage packs" and such. The voted "No" becuz they have a personal affliction towards **** and Same Sex Marriage. Are the developers prepared not to permit **** marriage becuz some homophobic/antisodomic/*or what ever you wanna label them* PWIrs said NO?

Taking away the freedom and the pursuit of happiness of an individual in the US is against our Rights and the Developers should have understood that when they decided to take PWI to an International Scale

Saying **** cant Marry Like Straights is just as wrong as saying Whites are Superior to Blacks (that is MY OPINION! do not reply with hateful or objecting comments)

**besides, do you even realize how much ****/**** or yaoi/yuri comics come out of Eastern countries?**

Developers: GMs: I am a **** Lvl 83 Barb and I put a good 500$ and 2 years of my life into this game and Have NOT gotten married once becuz i stay true to my mission to marry another loving and beautiful barb. So If you want my 30$ and cont'd particippation in the growing of PWI I Would Like You To plz! FFS! Permit **** Marriage! Its really Not that hard! Its your job as a business "The customers are always first"

If you were capable of reading this far: Thank You Very Much for your time and plz vote yes to Same Sex Marriage in PWI b:victory b:victory b:victory b:mischievous

**please let me know if i made any mistakes in my post**
    Who needs a Signature anyways? :P

BO BlackOcirus The OBB Original Bow Barb

-My Future Began With the First Note That Was Ever Sang-
    edited February 2010
    Options
    As much as the Developers might not support **** marriage, They are still human and that means they are still greedy, power hungry, selfish ********s just like the rest of the human race. They just want there money so they can stay in business and they know when they see an easy way to make it, theyll take the opprotunity.

If we make ****/**** Marriage Serious enough, even the developers are gonna understand that not bending to our demands is gonna be a costly mistake. Many people feel VERY strongly about this and "if you dont like it find another game" is gonna be exactly what happens.

So the developers have 2 choices:

1) Make more money off of a spike of Marriage pack sales by allowing those who are **** or **** to marry the ones they love (becuz you KNOW that if anyone of us have the opprotunity to do it, WE WILL) and keep those same sex couples playing pwi

***********OR***********

2) Enrage or Dissappoint a select community of PWI and possibly cause many to "find another game" reducing not only marriage pack sales, but sales of any other items those whom quit would buy in the boutique. Either lowering he overall reputation of the game from the sudden drop in players or just thinning the developers pockets (which OF COURSE they dont want)

If we make this a big enough Situation in PWI Devilopers will have to choose from those 2 options. So Really, QQing Is Exactly How We Are Going To Make Change! ! ! ! !

And those who vote "NO" are not doing it becuz "they agree with the developers" or "its hard to reprogram marriage packs" and such. The voted "No" becuz they have a personal affliction towards **** and Same Sex Marriage. Are the developers prepared not to permit **** marriage becuz some homophobic/antisodomic/*or what ever you wanna label them* PWIrs said NO?

Taking away the freedom and the pursuit of happiness of an individual in the US is against our Rights and the Developers should have understood that when they decided to take PWI to an International Scale

Saying **** cant Marry Like Straights is just as wrong as saying Whites are Superior to Blacks (that is MY OPINION! do not reply with hateful or objecting comments)

**besides, do you even realize how much ****/**** or yaoi/yuri comics come out of Eastern countries?**

Developers: GMs: I am a **** Lvl 83 Barb and I put a good 500$ and 2 years of my life into this game and Have NOT gotten married once becuz i stay true to my mission to marry another loving and beautiful barb. So If you want my 30$ and cont'd particippation in the growing of PWI I Would Like You To plz! FFS! Permit **** Marriage! Its really Not that hard! Its your job as a business "The customers are always first"

If you were capable of reading this far: Thank You Very Much for your time and plz vote yes to Same Sex Marriage in PWI b:victory b:victory b:victory b:mischievous

**please let me know if i made any mistakes in my post**

Their may be one problem do the devs in China get the money we spend on this gmae of does PWI get the money we spend on this game. I mean ya gotta think that if the devs in China are not getting the money we spend on this game why should they even think about caring about our needs? I mean to me it makes more sence theat the devs in China would only care about those that use the Chinese version not the international version since thats where they might get their fundings from.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Once upon a time I had a dirty little secret but then I took it to the dry cleanersb:laugh

• Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear
    Outlaw_Arch - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    my word. i do believe the mods are on a sick day or something 2 same sex marriages threads and neither of them locked?

this idea won't happen. i've been around for over a year and threads like these have been around from the day i started playing pw, at one point they were poping up at a rate of 1 a week. if that didn't get their attention then nothing will. the devs of pw are all in china. if something needs to be changed the THEY will have to make it then send it here to PWI for them to implement. due to cultural reasons this will not happen. further proof is how insane the demand is for this idea to be added, something that could net an extra sum of money, yet it isn't even in the foreseeable future. rather than adding this idea i would MUCH rather them put more amn power into fixing the bugs and whatnot in the game.
  • Jennalicious - Sanctuary
    Jennalicious - Sanctuary Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I do not speak for the Community Manager or PWE, but to answer this thread and then close it, here is why it isn't going to change.

Game is made in China. Different culture, billions of people with their own views.

The game was not designed for it. It was designed on traditional Chinese myths and themes. A game shouldn't be changed just because a cultural or political shift in a different country wants it to be so. Please keep in mind China and the US operate different types of governments with their own laws.

Imagine if Mario got changed into a Yellow Dinosaur because people wanted him to be. It'd change the game, and anger a lot of people. Imagine if people didn't want the Sun anymore, and decided to make it go supernova because they didn't like it.

Because a poll is posted and X amount of people vote on it, doesn't make it a "law" that the game will then change. The developers and designers in China created the world that we play in with set rules for a reason. We always appreciate the feedback, please don't get upset when something doesn't get changed.

TLDR: It isn't going to change for the foreseeable future due to cultural, legal, and design reasons.

End of line...

Official word right there on **** marriage in PWI. Pretty much what I said on the issue, yet got so much grief over it. Don't QQ because you didn't get your way, and don't hate me because I was right.
  • Adalynne - Sanctuary
    Adalynne - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    At the very least it would be nice to enable the embrace function for everyone. It sucks that only male toons can carry female toons. Since when does carrying someone need to be a moral issue? Let girls carry girls, guys carry guys, even girls carry guys. Make it a piggyback ride if you're that concerned about the kissing thing. This to me is more an issue of convenience than anything.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you will practice being fictional for a while, you will understand that fictional characters are sometimes more real than people with bodies and heartbeats.
  • BlackOcirus - Sanctuary
    BlackOcirus - Sanctuary Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    human beings are **** :P if i had the opprotunty to squish the earth under my finger tip i would >.> we all suck at living lmao
    Who needs a Signature anyways? :P

BO BlackOcirus The OBB Original Bow Barb

-My Future Began With the First Note That Was Ever Sang-
  • anwynd
    anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i have nothing against peeps who are **** but i dont wnt this to be in game
    Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    why not? its not effecting you lol.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Tidebornisim - Raging Tide
    Tidebornisim - Raging Tide Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    This is NOT in China you froobs.
    StickyGreen - Level 9x Heavens Tear

Less QQ more Pew Pew b:thanks
  • Revoltech - Lost City
    Revoltech - Lost City Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    It seems ridiculous to me that the chinese are so against **** while they have their limit **** on having children. If you want a ton of kids and you live in china, you're screwed, so what else should you do? At least you should be welcome to be with the same sex if you're legally limited on what you can do with the opposite to begin with. b:spit Just my two cents on that matter.

Edit: And yes, I do realize that the limit is a population limit. But what helps decrease the population more than ****? Seriously. b:lipcurl

I have to point out that allowing **** couples to marry would NOT decrease the population nor would it stem the overflowing population growth. It's not as if because they can't marry, **** people have children with straight people.

Common misconception when people don't think about things.
  • Revoltech - Lost City
    Revoltech - Lost City Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    This is NOT in China you froobs.

Need I say more?
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Every thread gets closed about this because Admins/GMs QQ and don't like same-sex marriage. I bet this hasn't even been suggested to developers. I might make my own private server just to put this in lol.

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Intrinsic - Lost City
    Intrinsic - Lost City Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Every thread gets closed about this because Admins/GMs QQ and don't like same-sex marriage. I bet this hasn't even been suggested to developers. I might make my own private server just to put this in lol.

I'd join you b:surrender

Seriously though, there is nothing I can say that someone else hasn't already said. There are plenty of reasons FOR same sex marriage / embrace (PW's Profit, Equality in game play (chi/couples quests etc), Equality in GENERAL ...the list goes on...) But it seems there is only one reason for it not to happen - the Dev's do not like it. (And yes, I too understand the game is based on Chinese mythology... but I DO find it very odd that animals can kiss and marry humans, but homosexuality is taboo!!)

I feel apprehensive to give more of my money to this game (I am a Veno with Nix & Herc, and a few nice outfits might I add b:chuckle) when there is such a large community of players (CUSTOMERS) in support of this happening, and there seems to be NO push whatsoever by PWi for the Dev's to implement it.
  • Technotic - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    XD

Good set of words you have there lol

~Technotic
    TrueMyths.Guildplex.com
  • Grippieluver - Lost City
    Grippieluver - Lost City Posts: 9,807 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I wish... I wish... but no dice nevar gunna happen b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Thankiez to Dorset for the sig!

MagicHamsta will remain in our hearts forever

P.S. I am a female venomancer ^^ I know it's rare, isn't it?
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    You're right, the devs don't like it. In CHINA. The devs here can't do much about it. Threads like this get closed because people are immature and end up getting into arguments about the morality of homosexuality, not because the GMs don't like it. If I remember correctly, it's one of the rules of the forums not to create topics about real-world controversial issues, such as religion, **** rights, abortion, etc.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options

Add me too, but, I want to be the one carried, kay? It would be tiresome to have to carry a barb on my arms all the time.
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GSnipes - Raging Tide
    GSnipes - Raging Tide Posts: 104 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    well i am happy the Chinese devs wont put this in b:laugh
    My Arrows shall block out the sun
  • Tidebornisim - Raging Tide
    Tidebornisim - Raging Tide Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Technotic, PM me about the private server and i'm in!

Why cant we just find a way to **** the merriage system...

(Example: Male in party, female in party, then get the quest, the guy joins the female party, then the other female talks to matchmaker, quickly presses i do on the marriage screen then female quickly joins the other one then BAM!)
    StickyGreen - Level 9x Heavens Tear

Less QQ more Pew Pew b:thanks
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Technotic, PM me about the private server and i'm in!

Why cant we just find a way to **** the merriage system...

(Example: Male in party, female in party, then get the quest, the guy joins the female party, then the other female talks to matchmaker, quickly presses i do on the marriage screen then female quickly joins the other one then BAM!)

Because if you **** it you'll be banned and rumor has it your other chara is currently bannedb:sin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

This discussion has been closed.