Pressa - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,287 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Amen

/10 char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    While I don't really want to approve of the "let them die" attitude, I do find that it's sometimes necessary in order to protect the Cleric.

The Clerics I know tend to want to save everybody, no matter what the risk or how badly that person screwed up. I admire that attitude, but sometimes it gets them killed.

For example, when we were lower level we were doing FB39 and a BM who wasn't bothering to read the squad chat decided to just run in and attack Calcid before we'd pulled any of his minions. Right away I knew it was a potential party-wipe, and so I did my best to grab as much aggro as I could and start luring Calcid and his minions away from the Cleric.

Unfortunately, our Cleric tried to save the rapidly dying and panicked BM, which of course drew aggro. Furthermore, since we were all noobs everybody was panicking and not reading the chat as I was furiously typing, "Fall back!", "Stop attacking!", "Run away!", "STOP!", etc... etc...

The result was that my girlfriend and I survived. She was on a headset with me, so she was falling back and letting the doomed BM die. I lured the mobs away, giving the Cleric time to use a Rez scroll and revive everybody.

After that, I've always had the "let them die" policy if somebody's actions endanger the Cleric. It's not intended as a punishment or a judgment, it's just being practical. Keeping the Cleric safe is always job #1. Any good Barb is willing to die to protect the Cleric, so there's no reason anybody else should get upset if the Cleric lets them die rather than risk their own safety.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Truth is every class gets treated badly once in a while. Everyone makes mistakes and we all get beat on at times. But if you know how to play your class and how to play your class with other classes, no one can really flame you. Well not with good reason anyways.

Yes we are all expected to do our jobs and sacrifice ourselves if necessary to get the job done.

Barbs are expected to hold aggro and stay alive (with cleric's help ofc). So I need to ensure I will always have the right skills on genies, farm herbs and making chi pots, HP pots, regen pots, invulnerability pots, damage reducing pots and whatever else I think helps.

Same goes for all classes.

Full dex archers have to regulate damage to not pull aggro and ensure that they never run out of ammo and use the right skills at the right time.

Clerics are responsible to ensure that they will not run out of MP, even when doing their aoes. This doesn't necessarily mean 'charms'. Herbs and potions are good enough, most of the time. Knowing when not to heal is as important and knowing when and how and what to heal with. b:thanks

Wizards have to do both the above.

Venos are responsible for having the right pet for the right job and not just 'herc'ing everything (tho herc does do most things well enough, but you cant really lure much with a magmite or tank much with a kowlin). Venos also need to learn when and who to pass chi to. I hate venos that go 'Im not a support class, sorry no chi for you'. b:lipcurl

A good BM is a invaluable asset to the party. And the tanks best friend, right after the cleric! b:mischievous

General thumb rule: try and keep the cleric alive.

If and when tank dies, it falls to the veno and/or the DDs to try and pull aggro and lure the boss away and then let it kill you, killing the aggro with you, all to keep cleric alive. Everyone loses least exp, saves time and gets going again quickly this way.b:victory
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Jhaernyl - Heavens Tear
    Jhaernyl - Heavens Tear Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Good Clerics and Barbs are treated good, Bad Clerics and Barbs are treated bad, the same as players from all classes.

No player has a right to be treated well if they fail to learn how to play their class, if you want respect and to be well treated LEARN to play your class ... simple really.

If on my main (Bm 94 ) Im asked to tank BH bosses, then fine thats not a problem, but I expect the other classes to play they role and play it with some competance (sp). If you are a Cleric that job is to heal me, not to see how high a crit you can get under HF.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Honestly, I've had quite a few instances where one member of the party, usually a Veno or BM, says something like "Well, if the archer takes aggro, then he tanks it" Great idea, except that archers don't really have too many useful close-range attacks, not to mention really low HP.

Yes. That's the POINT. If you steal aggro, you're gonna die. You're really GOOD at stealing aggro, and a veno isn't a barb, we often *can't* steal it back.

So, after understanding that I'll be doing my best to keep aggro off of the archers and wizards (after the cleric, who is more important) - if they still WANT the aggro, then sure, they can have it.

And if they survive that? Great! We have a new tertiary tank in the squad! Good to know!
    If they can't? Well, then maybe they could slow down their attacks ever so slightly so that we don't all risk a wipe?
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I never blamed barb or cleric for death. It can happen. Nobody want to die, but REMEMBER it just game. It for fun not for anger. And also if we always survive with everything in game would be still fun? I don't think so. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    b:laugh I actually kinda like this thread!

b:sin I'de like free cookies and milk before any run and maybe someone to polish my fur after teh run b:pleased

Me too, where do I sign up?

But srsly folks...not really sure what brought this thread on. Just have respect for your fellow players.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Clerics and Barbs are not treated worse than any other.

I was tanking Fushma the other day with another Veno and the two guards come walking around the corner and start to attack us. An archer shouts that they are there and the Cleric accidently gets aggro and starts to kite them. To make a long story short the guards wipe me out which then Fushma wiped everyone else.

The archer ends up first blaming us Venos for not attacking the guards and spouting insults how dumb we all were. Even when we state the obvious that we are tanking he still thought that the Cleric and us Venos were to blame. Not his sorry **** watching the guards kill us one by one.

Everyone gets treated like **** once in a while. Perhaps in reality those Clerics and Barbs who think life is tough, need to get a stronger back bone and just realize it happens to everyone.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • RavinTink - Sanctuary
    RavinTink - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Clerics and Barbs are not treated worse than any other.

I was tanking Fushma the other day with another Veno and the two guards come walking around the corner and start to attack us. An archer shouts that they are there and the Cleric accidently gets aggro and starts to kite them. To make a long story short the guards wipe me out which then Fushma wiped everyone else.

The archer ends up first blaming us Venos for not attacking the guards and spouting insults how dumb we all were. Even when we state the obvious that we are tanking he still thought that the Cleric and us Venos were to blame. Not his sorry **** watching the guards kill us one by one.

Everyone gets treated like **** once in a while. Perhaps in reality those Clerics and Barbs who think life is tough, need to get a stronger back bone and just realize it happens to everyone.

I have to agree with you. My main is this, my lvl 84 cleric, I also have a lvl 61 veno w/herc. Honestly in my opinion there is not much difference between the cleric/barb and the veno/herc. Either way you have a healer and a tank. If some dipstick decides to be a r'tard hero and end up dead on the floor while Im healing either a barb while on my cleric, or herc while on my veno, then I say let their **** lay there til your done with whatever mob/boss your killing. Then simply kick them from party when they start whining "why didnt you heal me/take agro?" Ive done it before. No questions asked, just kicked them and went on about my business.

Everyone gets criticized at one point or another. You just have to pick your battles and know when to just simply kick someone out and blacklist or tell them off. If you know you are doing your job and doing it to the best of your ability, and someone gets dead because of their own stupidity, then decides to blame you, simply tell them to kiss your assb:laugh

As for the barbs who yell "you let my charm tick" while doing a high lvl boss....omgs. If the boss is one close to the barbs lvl base or higher, the dmg is going to be higher. I rarely let a barb's charm tick if I can possibly help it, however it does happen...my thought on those who whine about it:

Thats what the the charm is there for! & Wth do they think its doing to our mp charms keeping their asses alive??
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When life gives you lemons...dont make lemonade!!
    Find the fool who got vodka and have a party!!
  • brantanor
    brantanor Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    So true.

I've used up loads of sesames and a bunch of charms keeping others alive while they're out killing stuff. So to me, i don't care if someone's charm ticks or not since all i can do is try my best to keep em alive.

If people start complaining about how their charms tick they can just get lost because, tbh, they shouldn't have used one in the first place then.

As for the "treatment" of clerics & barbs, if someone pisses me off of i get treated like a "slave", then they can go kill mobs by themselves, if they die, i won't rezz. Simple as that i think.

Imo, you reap what you sow. You treat me nice, i'll make sure you don't die or get a nice maxed rezz. If you don't, i just say "bye".
  • Kedth - Sanctuary
    Kedth - Sanctuary Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    There are a lot of smartasses and "know it all" out there. And with the amount of noob high lvls (i call them "the Oracle generation") its even worse. Personally i dont like squadding with those kind of ppl so (and i dont freakin care if your main is a lvl125420 BM/barb/archer/whatever...) im going to do all i can to protect a squad and do my part of the job. Smooth, organized and easy for all is what i like, you dont like it?
    > Kedth has left the squad

Saves time for me and for you. Good luck finding another BM out there (there are tons right?) .... I hope end up with an Oracle noob next time b:byeb:chuckle

And for the record.. barbs and clerics are NOT slaves... tired of ppl treating them as such. Example: adding my wife to their FL because she healed/Rezzed/helped someone so they an spam her with casual "I need a rez at xxx.xxx" (enter coords there)
  • Roriror - Lost City
    Roriror - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Wow this is still going on.

clerics and barbs don't need any special treatment.

it doesn't have anything to do with classes.

it's the people them selves. get over it.

treat them as you would in RL.

they pestter you smight them or walk away.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Example: adding my wife to their FL because she healed/Rezzed/helped someone so they can spam her with casual "I need a rez at xxx.xxx" (enter coords there)

You should had taught her not to accept FL invitations from strangers.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    You should had taught her not to accept FL invitations from strangers.

+1 b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Yaxana - Sanctuary
    Yaxana - Sanctuary Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    My cleric isn't treated that badly in general, the problem is with my veno, mosty seem to hate a person just cause that person is a certain class, and a lot seem to have something against venos. With my cleric I have a lot of fun not ressurecting people that KSed my bosses. They let me kill the minions, then rush and attack the boss before I can do anything and then when they see they can't do **** on their own, either ask for healing without even making a team, or run when they see they can't do **** alone, In both cases I laugh and let them lower the boss' HP. Funny to see them begging for ressurection after they end up dead.
  • Kedth - Sanctuary
    Kedth - Sanctuary Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I didnt say she accepted the invites...

But the "Rez me here" happens. And its annoying... Ppl have stuff to do too and even if you are free, there are ways of asking ppl to do it.
  • Flame$ - Lost City
    Flame$ - Lost City Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    hey thanks for the thread that was nice! ya ppl dont treat us clerics and barbs nice when we heal u or rez u no thx at all its anooying soo plz next time thank the ppl who save ur lives!b:laugh
    [SIGPIC]~Flame$[/SIGPIC]
  • RavinTink - Sanctuary
    RavinTink - Sanctuary Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    boo4u wrote: »
    all barbs do is decoy..bm's and the rest do the real workb:laugh

Dude, after that comment I will be laughing at you as I walk by you on the ground when a barb lets you get dead....LOL.b:bye

At any rate. Yes us clerics are usually the FIRST to get blamed for other ppl's stupidity. Ive just learned to ignore them for the most part and just kick them from party. But clerics are not the ONLY ones who get treated this way. I have seen some very good wizards and BM's get treated just as badly just because of their choice of class.

And I agree with the fact that not everyone knows how to "ask" for a rez, or say thank you for doing it. Not everyone knows how to say thank you for healing them during a battle either. You just gotta deal with it, it comes with the territory. If I am not "asked" to rez in a nice manner I usually ignore the request and just go on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

When life gives you lemons...dont make lemonade!!
    Find the fool who got vodka and have a party!!
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I was just spammed with "useleeess" for 10 minutes today because a BM died three times in BH69. He kept pulling aggro and not listening to instructions on how not to pull aggro, so he kept dying, and getting annoyed that two clerics were there and he was still dying. He picked me as the cleric to PM because as soon as the BH was over I dropped party and PKed him. b:cute

My favorite quote from him: "useless for the height is ****" Although I greatly enjoyed "CALLATE GIL" as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Favu - Heavens Tear
    Favu - Heavens Tear Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Oh man, I could go on for paragraphs about how clerics are abused. Haha.

But I know that most of the clerics will agree with me and most of the other classes will just shrug it off. Because that's how it works.

So suffice to say...
    1. Clerics DO generally get blamed for most things that go wrong.
    2. Clerics ARE the ones who 8/10 times end up sacrificing their money/pots/experience/angels for their squad.
    3. Most people DO assume that clerics have nothing better to do than come heal their squad in TT/FF/FB/BH/etc, and as such, get pissy when a cleric doesn't jump out of their seat at the first opportunity.
    4. It IS a pain in the **** to level clerics because we are ALWAYS BUSY helping you all with something. That's cute or whatever if it's an FB, but do you realize how many things we get asked to do every day? I'm sure I'm not the only one who virtually never has time to do quests. I still have lvl 70 mobs to kill.

Love your clerics. -.- We take a lot of ****.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    heaven's tear ~ 100 cleric / 97 veno / 91 barb ~ soy lider de la faccion venganza
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Oh man, I could go on for paragraphs about how clerics are abused. Haha.

But I know that most of the clerics will agree with me and most of the other classes will just shrug it off. Because that's how it works.

So suffice to say...
    1. Clerics DO generally get blamed for most things that go wrong.
    2. Clerics ARE the ones who 8/10 times end up sacrificing their money/pots/experience/angels for their squad.
    3. Most people DO assume that clerics have nothing better to do than come heal their squad in TT/FF/FB/BH/etc, and as such, get pissy when a cleric doesn't jump out of their seat at the first opportunity.
    4. It IS a pain in the **** to level clerics because we are ALWAYS BUSY helping you all with something. That's cute or whatever if it's an FB, but do you realize how many things we get asked to do every day? I'm sure I'm not the only one who virtually never has time to do quests. I still have lvl 70 mobs to kill.

Love your clerics. -.- We take a lot of ****.

If you're busy, refuse. Why care if you make some random 13 year old idiot you don't even know have a hissy fit because you wouldn't be his slave?

The ones who give out and complain and whine at you are people you don't want to associate with.
    The ones who reply "cool, np it can wait. Let me know if you're free at some point, thank you" are people who are worth helping and calling friends.

Not saying I don't sympathise ^^ I know even if you ignore them you still have to put up with the rudeness, ungratefulness and abuse in the first place. Clerics have always been the one class I respect the most.
  • Hazardus - Heavens Tear
    Hazardus - Heavens Tear Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    There are a lot of smartasses and "know it all" out there. And with the amount of noob high lvls (i call them "the Oracle generation") its even worse. Personally i dont like squadding with those kind of ppl so (and i dont freakin care if your main is a lvl125420 BM/barb/archer/whatever...) im going to do all i can to protect a squad and do my part of the job. Smooth, organized and easy for all is what i like, you dont like it?
    > Kedth has left the squad

QFT! Oracle generation! b:laugh

Seen a few venos in their 60s that didn't know they had to unsummon too lure.
    But the icing on the cake was someone pming me "Hi, could you rez me?" as I was running past sumor camp in tigerform? b:shutup b:laugh b:cry
    When the going gets tough; Get a tank!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nocturne mature HT guild - we invite people, not levels.
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    QFT! Oracle generation! b:laugh

Seen a few venos in their 60s that didn't know they had to unsummon too lure.
    But the icing on the cake was someone pming me "Hi, could you rez me?" as I was running past sumor camp in tigerform? b:shutup b:laugh b:cry

Just be glad they did not PMing you asking how come they cannot tame you....
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Strongbovv - Sanctuary
    Strongbovv - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    I like how judgemental ppl are ... like really .. the first 2 posts ..

as for barbs and cleric being mistreated. For those who say they are mistreated the same as others or not mistreated. Dont talk till you've tried pls, and this is coming from a person who has a lvl 50 of every class.
    My main was a lvl 86 barb and 100% agree about getting blamed, hence why i quit him, 100% deleted, and now playing as an archer. Will i ever go back? .. probly not.
    As for clerics .. look at RisenPhoenix lvl 94 cleric, he just quit too. Just making a point..
  • Neverless - Heavens Tear
    Neverless - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    The only thing i read when i saw this post was.... QQ. QQ. QQ. QQ. QQ. blah blah blah, ramble, ramble, ramble, waste of air, waste of life, blah, blah, QQ, QQ, QQ

EDIT: and on the oracle generation... I had a veno ask me how to tame a world boss today. o.0 omfgwtf crack smokers i swear
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Strongbovv - Sanctuary
    Strongbovv - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    coming from a bm??
  • Neverless - Heavens Tear
    Neverless - Heavens Tear Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    just cause my avi is a bm doesnt mean i play a bm full time, haven't changed that in like 5 months
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Taranta - Dreamweaver
    Taranta - Dreamweaver Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    The only thing i read when i saw this post was.... QQ. QQ. QQ. QQ. QQ. blah blah blah, ramble, ramble, ramble, waste of air, waste of life, blah, blah, QQ, QQ, QQ

EDIT: and on the oracle generation... I had a veno ask me how to tame a world boss today. o.0 omfgwtf crack smokers i swear

And what I read when I see your post is QQ about QQ...ah well. I say just let the folks have their fun with telling stories about what happened to them and letting them get it off their chest.

And on your edit: I jokingly comment on this in-game too. I know I can't tame them. It would just be funny if I could. Maybe the veno knew they couldn't do it and was messing with your head. We're tricky like that.
    I shall dominate the Dreamweaver server through the use of Baked goods...and only baked goods.^^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Venomancers are Female. Barbarians are male. It will forever be this way. So suck it up and deal with it already.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited October 2009

Waste of air, waste of life, QQ blah blah....? Completely unlike your post just now amirite? /sarcasm