Sage Soul degeneration

Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear
Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 366 Arc User
edited October 2009 in Venomancer
Just wonder if any1 have the skill and could give me sum detail about how it works. Will it work same as Fox form affects mana - losing 20% of mana during transformation, not getting back the loss when turning back to humanoid form... Or more as Sharpened Tooth Arrow (archer skill) works.. That is reducing hp temporary.. If first option, will it only affect mobs HP when their hp is full or almost full?
Thx!
*Semi retired*
Post edited by Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Curses can only be cast while in fox form, so you'll lose the mana going to fox in order to use it if you have that much mana in reserve. This isn't really a big deal though since all nuking venos should be going fox for 6 out of every 30 seconds anyways. The way the skill should work, is just like sharptooth except it's 20% while most archers will have 16% (archers don't go sage for the most part).
    If something has 1000/1000 HP and you use it, it will have 800/800 HP, when the effect fades (after 20 sec, or you casting another curse like amplify) it will then have 800/1000 HP.

If you use it when the target has 850/1000 HP it would then have 800/800 followed by 800/1000 HP.

If you used it on something with 700/1000 HP it would have 700/800 HP and then 700/1000 HP once the effect fades.

Oh, and I have the skill but haven't used it yet, 70% of a level to go before I can.
  • Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear
    Ladydeadlock - Heavens Tear Posts: 366 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Oki, cool.. Thx for clarifying :)
    *Semi retired*
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    If something has 1000/1000 HP and you use it, it will have 800/800 HP, when the effect fades (after 20 sec, or you casting another curse like amplify) it will then have 800/1000 HP.

One small correction, the ST effect is separate from the curse. Basically as soon as you hit the mob with soul degen it gets debuffed as if it were hit by sharpened tooth. In other words you can immediately follow by amp or whatever, and the mob will be affected by both debuffs at the same time.
    b:dirty
  • Brael - Dreamweaver
    Brael - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,430 Arc User
    edited October 2009
    Oh? Cool. I remember there being some question to that a couple weeks back, no one really had the skill until we were getting towards the end of the last anniversary pack sale.

Good to know.