NOTICE: August Calendar Contest Winners List!

Options
2»

Comments

• Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I personally like Swiftail - Heavens Tear work.
    The picture itself is distorted a tad because of the style of this particular work, but looking from the proportions and the coloring his/hers would seem to be on par with viviQs if he/she wanted to make a serious drawing. I likes xD
    Miinxy - Harshlands

Miinxy_Harshlands_small.jpg

WTH is this that mean i can cut paste ? omg b:shocked

Originally Posted by Dvorak
    Yeah, there's some really, really nice artwork there but unfortunately it is owned by the Japanese licensors of PW so we can't feature it as PWI content.

I think i no gona participate anymore here , every one do hard work here... and copy pasted is ok b:bye

b:bye WHOA I TOTALY AGREE WITH U. you said everything that was on my mind in 1 sentence.

im never participating again if that THAT is allowed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • Sentha - Heavens Tear
    Sentha - Heavens Tear Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    uhm.... yes..........................................
    Congrats to the winners.........................
    Some nice work there, as well as some runnerups....
    My entry for this round, if someone's interested:
    http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj290/Elviane/3D/Sentha_HeavensTear_calendar_August.jpg

Good luck everyone in the next round, this time, I'm really out...

----

Note to myself:
    Never do a character a whole PW relateted outfit and spell plus a genie in 3D on your own again. Too much work for nothing....
  • Majesta - Dreamweaver
    Majesta - Dreamweaver Posts: 268 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Congratulations to the winners! Some really nice artwork there!! b:victory
    I'm glad I made it to the runner-ups :)
    When I got the meaning of melee mixed up:
    'Maj.. Melee ffs.. means I'm punching you in the face 1 foot away!'
    >.<
  • Byno - Sanctuary
    Byno - Sanctuary Posts: 155 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Eh, I think it's kind of rude to just take people's art off the internet and edit it into your calendar without explicitly asking them. It's their art, they have a right to say if they want you using it or not.

And the fact that it was a stated rule that using that PW's artwork is prohibited.

o well, that's enough calendar contest for me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Atheeni - Heavens Tear
    Atheeni - Heavens Tear Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Gah... so close... well thanks so much for runners up though. Pretty happy I made it at least that far this time =3
  • Tekualcano - Harshlands
    Tekualcano - Harshlands Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Gratz to the winners.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

PWI forum nerfed my signature...b:angry
  • Eledyssil - Lost City
    Eledyssil - Lost City Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I am so happy and grateful. Thank you with all my heart to all the judges.

And to everyone else; Trust me when I say DON'T GIVE UP!

I have spent over 70 hours doing 2 trailer movies for the trailer contest and did not make it, not even to Runner Ups. I spent an extreme amount of time competing in both caption contests, even when I tried to sleep I was to busy thinking about funny captions. And the calendar contest ...I spent so much time during the june event it was just crazy, and I was so happy with my entry but did not win.

Calendar competition is extremly hard. I have always heard I've been good at drawing and layout and ofc, that has triggered me to get even further. I kinda want to post this to all of you that did not make it this round. Cause that doesn't make you bad, not a bit. Just look at the competition, I myself is so amazed I won when I saw the other entries, they are so stunning. And you don't even have to be good at drawing, trust me when I say a sence of simple, unique layout can beat anything!

I never gave up and look where it got me. I won! Why? Because I just kept going thinking "I can do even better!" and feeling passion about what I do.
    I have alway hated math in school, therefore I have always sucked at it as well. If you truly love what you are doing, if you believe in yourself - you WILL make something out of yourself and it might just be winning a Calendar Competition in Perfect World International.

Best Regards /Lena from Sweden/Eledyssil, lvl 75 Blademaster - Lost City
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Good job to winners. As for the copy and paste one.... erm... I'll leave that to the authorities.

And darn you scanner! I couldn't enter but I'll definitely get my drawings up by the next contest. I'm tired of computer drawings, they aren't my best. b:surrender
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Swiftail - Heavens Tear
    Swiftail - Heavens Tear Posts: 136 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    well i must say i dont agree with this!

It seems that criterias change like the weather.

In previous contests, the same person won 2 times in a row. At the time some ppl complained and GMs told everyone that it was allowed.
    If the rules have changed, it should have been explained in the contest rules and not now. (sorry but its true)

Now this happens... had i known, i wouldnt have "wasted" my time.
    Participating is ok, but lets face it.. ppl do it for the prize.

Oh well now we know. No use participating if you won 1 contest in the previous month.

... In the past, ive seen instead of 5 winners, 6 or 7 (ties)

Shouldnt we (the 2 excluded persons) be considered as ties and get a prize as well?

And YES! Of course im defending my point of view of course related to this matter.

As for using PW artwork and getting away with it?

... Let me shut up... b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Soho - Lost City
    Soho - Lost City Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Glad I didn't work hard this month or I would feel seriously let down like most of these other people. At least now I know what to do for October to win.

b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sohographics.deviantart.com
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Altough im really upset with this all (as you cans state from my previous post) i must say that i understand that Spoons isnt aware of every single post/rulle that existes/existed here regarding contests and everything else, so im sure Spoons was unaware of the PW Artwork not being allowed.

The thing is... if rulles can be changed after a contest is over (changing criterias like that) or bended allowing forbidden stuff to happen... well... that opens a precedent for futures situations doesnt it?

Saying that nothing can be done now isnt the same that saying that nothing will be done. If the legal system in real world was like that, society would fail.

Cant and Wont are 2 different words. Aint there the will to make things right?

I trully hope to see these 2 gigantic flaws rectified, or i personally will lose my faith in this (trully disapointed)

I know im just a voice, defending my own point of view... still i sont think that this i fair, neither to me or the other month of June Winner. And not fair also for all the ones who done original works and saw an illegal "copy paste" work taking a place that could/should be theirs.

This is trully a serious thing. My Purpose here is not to flame.
    I follow all the rulles stated here, if they change like that i dont think we should be "punished"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alphae - Lost City
    Alphae - Lost City Posts: 1,512 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    The thing is... if rulles can be changed after a contest is over (changing criterias like that) or bended allowing forbidden stuff to happen... well... that opens a precedent for futures situations doesnt it?

Suggestion to the people running this contest: make rules before you start it? And, I dunno, stick to them?

How unprofessional. Normally I take everything said by people that say "this is unfair" with a grain of salt, but the quotes and proof of conflicting things being said in this thread just makes me go ._.

I'm not an artist by any means, and I have never entered this contest, but seriously. This BS is just wrong. :/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hijikatasan
    hijikatasan Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I think you all should quit your yapping and stop blaming the rules and gms. b:angry Going over and over again to what's been said it's not going to make any difference at all. You are all acting like sore loosers. At least loose with dignity. A person who didn't used his own artwork made a wonderfull job and presented the theme of summer... so what? just get over it!! Even though that person who didn't used his/her original artwork won because the artwork featured was way better than the ones you came up with. Im not protecting the person who used someone's else work...in fact, i believe those who feature someone else works dont even have the right to talk back at all.(it's just pitiful and consider yourself lucky enought you won) You want to do something about it? Then work harder than what you are trying and surpass it. You can't? then just quit. Life is unfair sometimes and besides not everybody is born with the talent.
    I believe this change of new rules are because of all your non-conformist complains you post everytime a contest is made. And if you couldn't won because you won last time... also get over it!!! What do you mean you work hard for "nothing"?!? That seems like very materialistic. You are FORGETTING the real meaning of this contest... You see. this in an art contest. Art contest are for ARTISTS... and ARTISTS enjoy doing art, that's what they do in their whole life. ARTISTS dont expect to gain something back from the work they do... they do it for their own pleasure. Why do you think many famous artist were starving poors. If you think that you did for this month was useless and pointless... then you aren't worthy of the talent you possess.

Last reminder for all of you:
    "Forfeit the game before somebody else takes you out of the frame and puts your name to shame, cover up your face you can't run a race the pace is too fast you just wont last..." Linkin park's Point of Authority
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Do not worry... Its just red paint." ;P

(\ __/)..........(\___/).............
    (^,..,^)
    ..<3.. (=,..,=)...........
    C(")_(")
    .........(")_(")D.....4utnv
  • Serafimo - Sanctuary
    Serafimo - Sanctuary Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I think you all should quit your yapping and stop blaming the rules and gms. b:angry Going over and over again to what's been said it's not going to make any difference at all. A person who didn't used his own artwork made a wonderfull job and presented the theme of summer... so what? just get over it!! Even though that person who didn't used his/her original artwork won because the artwork featured was way better than the ones you came up with. Im not protecting the person who used someone's else work...in fact, i believe those who feature someone else works dont even have the right to talk back at all.(it's just pitiful and consider yourself lucky enought you won) You want to do something about it? Then work harder than what you are trying and surpass it. You can't? then just quit. Life is unfair sometimes and besides not everybody is born with the talent.

The furor is over the fact that people who used official PW artwork would probably have put less effort into their calendar than people who drew their own artwork. Furthermore, using someone else's artwork without permission and/or claiming it as your own is taboo in the digital art world. It's called art theft. Since it's official PW artwork, though, the terms of its usage may be different from other art; nevertheless, it's highly questionable.
    What do you mean you work hard for "nothing"?!? That seems like very materialistic. You are FORGETTING the real meaning of this contest... You see. this in an art contest. Art contest are for ARTISTS... and ARTISTS enjoy doing art, that's what they do in their whole life.

You are forgetting this is a contest. The art created here was created for a purpose. Do you think many of these artists, myself included, would have created art specifically for this contest if there wasn't a reward? Yes, we do enjoy art. But there's a reason many people don't quit their day jobs to pursue art, even if they love the latter.
    ARTISTS dont expect to gain something back from the work they do... they do it for their own pleasure. Why do you think many famous artist were starving poors. If you think that you did for this month was useless and pointless... then you aren't worthy of the talent you possess.

Are you even an artist? Can you appreciate the fact that there are plenty of artists who do indeed create art for money? Who are fantastically talented? Gfto.
    [offering art commissions, pm for more]
  • hijikatasan
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Are you even an artist? Can you appreciate the fact that there are plenty of artists who do indeed create art for money? Who are fantastically talented? Gfto.[/QUOTE]

You dont know who i am. How can you tell im not an artist? Maybe i am or maybe im not. Dont be a fool ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(^,..,^)
    C(")_(")
  • hijikatasan
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Are you even an artist? Can you appreciate the fact that there are plenty of artists who do indeed create art for money? Who are fantastically talented? Gfto.

You dont know who i am. How can you tell im not an artist? Maybe i am or maybe im not. Dont be a fool ;)[/QUOTE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(^,..,^)
    C(")_(")
  • Serafimo - Sanctuary
    Serafimo - Sanctuary Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    You dont know who i am. How can you tell im not an artist? Maybe i am or maybe im not. Dont be a fool ;)

Either way you don't seem to understand the mindset of other artists including the ones that entered this contest. Nor did you address any of my points.
    [offering art commissions, pm for more]
  • hijikatasan
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Either way you don't seem to understand the mindset of other artists including the ones that entered this contest. Nor did you address any of my points.

I already said what i had to say. Live with it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

(^,..,^)
    C(")_(")
  • Centetric - Lost City
    Centetric - Lost City Posts: 1,528 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I think you all should quit your yapping and stop blaming the rules and gms. b:angry Going over and over again to what's been said it's not going to make any difference at all. You are all acting like sore loosers. At least loose with dignity. A person who didn't used his own artwork made a wonderfull job and presented the theme of summer... so what? just get over it!! Even though that person who didn't used his/her original artwork won because the artwork featured was way better than the ones you came up with. Im not protecting the person who used someone's else work...in fact, i believe those who feature someone else works dont even have the right to talk back at all.(it's just pitiful and consider yourself lucky enought you won) You want to do something about it? Then work harder than what you are trying and surpass it. You can't? then just quit. Life is unfair sometimes and besides not everybody is born with the talent.
    I believe this change of new rules are because of all your non-conformist complains you post everytime a contest is made. And if you couldn't won because you won last time... also get over it!!! What do you mean you work hard for "nothing"?!? That seems like very materialistic. You are FORGETTING the real meaning of this contest... You see. this in an art contest. Art contest are for ARTISTS... and ARTISTS enjoy doing art, that's what they do in their whole life. ARTISTS dont expect to gain something back from the work they do... they do it for their own pleasure. Why do you think many famous artist were starving poors. If you think that you did for this month was useless and pointless... then you aren't worthy of the talent you possess.

Last reminder for all of you:
    "Forfeit the game before somebody else takes you out of the frame and puts your name to shame, cover up your face you can't run a race the pace is too fast you just wont last..." Linkin park's Point of Authority

I feel that all these comments are quite unessecary.
    \/especially this\/

[QUOTE=You are all acting like sore loosers. At least loose with dignity. A person who didn't used his own artwork made a wonderfull job and presented the theme of summer... so what?[/QUOTE]
    so what...... so what............. ill tell u what, what the rules stated by Xarfox in previous contests u are not allowed to use registered images from PW-JP. and for the fact that he/she entered and WON is clearly unfair. im just stating an opinion.if u want to flame. FLAME ON
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Through the darkness light can always emerge, it is only when the unwilling come upon this light that fear takes over. Emerging from this darkness takes more then courage, it takes faith in ones own mind and more importantly in ones own heart. To deny the light is to deny yourself the feeling of true happiness and true peace within your own soul. Denying your own happiness and your own soul is denying all that one has to live for."
    ~RedsRose
  • bellaberry
    bellaberry Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    I have to agree with everyone who has posted that cutting and pasting other people's art work, going against previously stated rules from past calendar contests, and winning from just cutting and pasting other people's art work is very unfair...and makes this whole contests seems a sham. If the people who are running this contest treats the rules with such disregard then this message is being broadcast loud and clear to everyone who wishes to participate in the future...basically...it won't be a fair contest...so don't try too hard. Might as well call this a lottery...at least then people know the chance to win is more of a random thing than base on skills.

GMs, I seriously ask you guys to please state very clearly now for all of us just what the rules are. The most pressing being...
    1) is using art work from other Perferct World sites allowed or not allowed?
    2) are previous winners eligible to win and if not then at what point will they be considered eligible again?

I have my own question, why do you guys suggest to people that they can submit more than once per contest...this leads me to think that one person can actually win twice per contest...Please clarify

Thank you.
  • Eremedy - Dreamweaver
    Eremedy - Dreamweaver Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Well, I'm really glad that my work got recognized as it did. Guess it hurts anyone that they didn't get recognized "enough" - that's the spirit of competition (which partly becomes very aggressive regarding art as it is a bit wrong). Well, regardless - guess I'll try next time too, maybe will have better luck.
    I noticed, that all the winners had used drawing technique.

And the negative part about the winners is that I see art which some months ago was claimed to be not allowed used in this conest. Maybe if someone who knew that would have used the same images, would have had better chances too?
    Kinda reminds me of another contest entered a few years ago, where there was supposed to be a one-town band contest. But there was one band that was from another... And that band apparently won. As if there weren't any good bands in our own town.

Bah the rest of my post (about judge-participant-psychology) got deleted because of some stupid letters. But never mind.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    bellaberry wrote: »
    GMs, I seriously ask you guys to please state very clearly now for all of us just what the rules are. The most pressing being...
    1) is using art work from other Perferct World sites allowed or not allowed?
    Xarfox did state before in the previous contest thread that it wasnt allowed, when on poster showed us in the thread a JP PW work.

But I think it boils down to common sense, as much as the person might have meant no harm. The art that was used this time was already a wallpaper for PCs. Then it was copy & pasted to make another wallpaper, not for personal use, but to enter a contest with a prize.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Trueazaril - Lost City
    Trueazaril - Lost City Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    grtz to all the winners
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Koru - Heavens Tear
    Koru - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Congratulations to the winners! And thank-you for the runners up ^^;
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options

Swiftail - Heavens Tear

Swiftail_HT_small.jpg

This is awesome!!!!! b:thanks

If my 4 month baby girl was not sooo cute this picture would defintely be my new background on my PC.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Previous winners please note, from now on it will not be possible to win two calendar contests in a row, however since the contest has been changed to every other month, you will be able to win again in the contest every other month.

Wow, was this rule announced ahead of time? If you did not announce this rule ahead of time you should NOT enforce it this round. Don't you realize people spend many many hours working hard on these entries?

Imagine putting in all that effort and work into a contest you had no chance of winning because of an unannounced rule.

This seems entirely unfair to change the rules after people have put in so much work. You should award prizes to Rynnae and Swiftail as well.

Also when exactly are winners allowed to enter again? June was 2 months ago and you clearly said "you will be able to win again in the contest every other month".
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited August 2009
    Options
    This is awesome!!!!! b:thanks

If my 4 month baby girl was not sooo cute this picture would defintely be my new background on my PC.

Thank You very much.
    The time for this months contest was very short so i dedicated all the time i could to it but this is my last entry ever due to all that happened.

It is now a matter or principles. This all thing is just not fair.
    (thanks once again for your comment)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    ok we'll lock the thread then. We'll look into this for the future, and as always we appreciate your feedback
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited August 2009
    Options
    Due to the evidence provided we will have to replace miinxy with Koru on the winners list. Congrats Koru.

To the previous winners, we apologize for not clarifying regarding the rules earlier. We understand that in the past people have won multiple times in a row. Your talents are amazing, and by no means do we wish to discredit you. It is our belief that this contest should be less focused on monopolizing a winning position and more about the sharing of artistic talent. Unfortunately at this time the error I have committed cannot be resolved, and we will not be able to retroactively present you with prizes , you have our most sincere apologies.
This discussion has been closed.