Question for PWE

Comments

• OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear
    OMGLAZERZ - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    said the pot to the kettle

*looks at level*

*double checks first forum log on date*

I'm pretty sure you're accusing the wrong person of something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kittennice - Heavens Tear
    Kittennice - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    b:chuckleOk let me stop messing with you guys. My WQ is overb:cute
    The VenoX: Heavy Pure Melee (Axe User with a hint of magic) Venomancer and Proud
    Having fun since lv1
    5 more levels baby!
    ^_____^
    {=^.^=} < I'll never give up. Never give in. )

I'm for The Cursed!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=656132
  • Tearvalerin - Sanctuary
    Tearvalerin - Sanctuary Posts: 3,787 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    b:chuckleOk let me stop messing with you guys. My WQ is overb:cute
    no u slkdhfaksdjflkjf;lakjdf;klj
  • rsin
    rsin Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Since when did OP mean invincible?

It means your class has an unfair advantage over other classes in the game,

oh noes boutique pets are an unfair advantage.
    oh noes unreduced damage from pets against skull-marked bosses is too.
    oh noes a skill that doesn't have reduced damage in PvP is too.

oh noes, being 1 shotted by mobs lower than my level.
    oh noes, stealing aggro from my pet and having to run from multi-mobs, hoping the pet gets aggro back (which is never the case).

oh noes, losing so many battles to duels, quests and such because i simply refuse to ever buy a herc or nix.
    oh YES, it is the 150-200 dollar pets that are overpowered, not the veno itself. those of us who dont own one are very squishy and far from OP

My repairs bills are outragous being that i fight side by side with my pet, not while hiding behind it. I dont mind ppl whining about hercs being OP. But to say that a veno is OP is just plain stupid because i die just as much as anyone, and have high maintenence, repairs and upgrades trying to make up for not owning a herc and being squishy.
    edited June 2009
    rsin wrote: »
    oh noes, being 1 shotted by mobs lower than my level.
    oh noes, stealing aggro from my pet and having to run from multi-mobs, hoping the pet gets aggro back (which is never the case).

My arcane veno's Magmite can hold aggro against straight up nuking, and when it does lose aggro due to a crit, gets it back very quickly.

You don't need a herc to not have high repair bills or have to constantly upgrade your gear. Giving your pet two damage dealing aggro skills and keeping them upgraded is often enough for them to hold aggro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kalza - Sanctuary
    Kalza - Sanctuary Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    hmmm...cookies anyone?
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    hmmm...cookies anyone?

Did you have a good sleep?
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • Kalza - Sanctuary
    Kalza - Sanctuary Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Did you have a good sleep?

No b:cry

10 char
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Sorry to hear that :(
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • WitchBurner - Sanctuary
    WitchBurner - Sanctuary Posts: 1,394 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Time to get the wheels turning here once again,

@IceJazmin, In what way is one of my skills 'The Dragon's Breath'(Skill used to zhen) bugged?

The power of the Fire God surrounds your body in a blazing vortex.
    All enemies 12 meters around you suffer constant Fire damage.
    Consumes 120 Mana every 3 seconds, inflicting Fire damage
    equal to base magic damage plus 1225.4. Casting will not stop
    until Mana is depleted or the spell is cancelled.

Why should that stop casting after the primary target is killed?, the skill is designed for fighting multiple mobs.

Why is flesh ream even allowed in TW? would it be so hard to code it so it's disabled in TW?
    Currently flying internet spaceships around dodixie, moving to amarr soon.

Send me a mail if you wanna ask/request anything

Sanctuary's retired king of wizards alongside queen Saintblu.
    edited June 2009
    Why should that stop casting after the primary target is killed?, the skill is designed for fighting multiple mobs.

Why is flesh ream even allowed in TW? would it be so hard to code it so it's disabled in TW?

AFAIK, Dragonbreath wasn't the skill in question since it has no target; the skill in question is Barrage of Arrows which, unless I'm completely wrong, is triggered during a duel with another player in the party, and the duel is ended, but the skill continues because the other player isn't dead.

They allow Flesh Ream in TW because it's the PvP pet skill for venomancers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    it isnt really a glitch, pets keep using attack skills on the target after a duel to no effect too.
    edited June 2009
    Even though it unbalances PvP?

Also IceJazmin did not distinguish, she said that the only way to zhen was by using a bugged skill.

edited June 2009
    Even though it unbalances PvP?

Also IceJazmin did not distinguish, she said that the only way to zhen was by using a bugged skill.

That would be like saying because Armageddon can unbalance PvP because a Barbarian can one shot just about any other character with it that it shouldn't be allowed in TWs.

The Wizard skill does not require a target. Archer's skill does. Simple logic should indicate that because a Wizard should be able to cast the spell at any time for any reason with or without having something targeted, that Ice was not referring to the Wizard skill.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    Play a wizard to lvl29 please, Dragon's Breath does require a target to cast.

edited June 2009
    witch i dont think youre getting it, shes saying zhen is jacked up because of ARCHERS not WIZARDS.
    barrage needs a target to cast
    edited June 2009
    Play a wizard to lvl29 please, Dragon's Breath does require a target to cast.

I would but I'm busy leveling a wizard, and I was going off of how the skill reads on Ecatomb which is the same as the skill reads on the skill tree sans damage numbers and how long it lasts.
    The power of the Fire God surrounds your body in a blazing vortex.
    All enemies 12 meters around you suffer constant Fire damage.
    Consumes 120 Mana every 3 seconds, inflicting Fire damage
    equal to base magic damage plus 1225.4. Casting will not stop
    until Mana is depleted or the spell is cancelled.

I don't see the word target in there anywhere.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    Yeah I get that, just defending my class from the accusation.

When you get the skill, make sure you try it on a lower level mob(First time I used DB, the mob just got really pissed).

Also OMG, Flesh ream doesn't require two sparks, and a huge chunk of hp/mp to just cast, also barbarians accuracy is very low meaning this skill can miss a lot.

edited June 2009
    Yeah I get that, just defending my class from the accusation.

Also OMG, Flesh ream doesn't require two sparks, and a huge chunk of hp/mp to just cast, also barbarians accuracy is very low meaning this skill can miss a lot.

I believe accuracy powder gives something like +500% (I think) accuracy, and then there are accuracy shards, and accuracy rings (don't believe they stack with the powder though). Barbarians can be quite accurate if they need to be.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    For the plus 500% accuracy powder you'd need to be in a faction owning arch/1k streams I think, so not really fair. From what I've seen from barbs that skill has it's own builds, I think a barb on our server crit/zerk/arma'd someone for 40k, but that requires a hell of a lotta luck.

If a barb sharded for more accuracy they'd end up with lower hp/mp, meaning less damage. Also the two sparks requirement means they are very vulnerable afterwards(especially if they used accuracy pots).

Also accuracy rings(Misty Forest rings, +50% accuracy), go for roughly....10mil? on our server at least. Remember barbs also get 100k repair bills regularly.

• Aesprika - Sanctuary
    Aesprika - Sanctuary Posts: 157 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Did someone say Blood Bath?
    edited June 2009
    Also lowers hp limit, lowering the damage dealed.

edited June 2009
    For the plus 500% accuracy powder you'd need to be in a faction owning arch/1k streams I think, so not really fair. From what I've seen from barbs that skill has it's own builds, I think a barb on our server crit/zerk/arma'd someone for 40k, but that requires a hell of a lotta luck.

If a barb sharded for more accuracy they'd end up with lower hp/mp, meaning less damage. Also the two sparks requirement means they are very vulnerable afterwards(especially if they used accuracy pots).

Also accuracy rings(Misty Forest rings, +50% accuracy), go for roughly....10mil? on our server at least. Remember barbs also get 100k repair bills regularly.

No, your best off sharding for Accuracy on a Barbarian because of the low dex and that will actually increase the chance of the skill hitting which is more important. Further, any accuracy gems will be amplified by any skill that increases that by a %.

How much they cost is irrelevant to the fact that they can be used by a barbarian to increase their accuracy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    also witch, they can compensate for that with tree of protection
    edited June 2009
    Still, the barb has to build towards that, which isn't cheap. Barbs aren't exactly the money making class(unless they find a non-stupid TT squad that realises his repair costs and the items he used/risks he has to take).

Saying cost is irrelevant isn't fair,

For example, someone could pay into the game a huge amount of money(over $10k), sell the gold through AH, then proceed to buy mats to make warsouls. This makes the person overpowered.

Yes I realise that you could argue the Venomancer is doing something similar to this to buy a nix. The whole, you could refine your gear and then tank fleshream like it was nothing arguement doesn't hold water(it might if the refining transfer system was implemented), due to the nix leveling and becoming more powerful with the veno.

The alternative is a cash shop item for other classes, this degrades the game into a wallet contest in which players without the means to obtain them become obselete in squads.

No one complains about this in PvE because it doesn't really effect it much, I love the herc but it does have it's disadvantages(mainly terrible damage output). So does the nix(low hp). If anything Herc's are beneficial to all classes, TT60 items are very cheap now making them obtainable for all players.

The real solution here is to fix the flesh ream bug. If the venomancer begins to cry and whine once it's gone it's obvious that they are of no real PvP value and should L2P.

EDIT: @Tear, that also bugs me, that skill looks like it should be class specific to not allow it on barbarians.

edited June 2009
    The real solution here is to fix the flesh ream bug. If the venomancer begins to cry and whine once it's gone it's obvious that they are of no real PvP value and should L2P.

Oh, I see, it's ok for every other class to whine and cry, and then state that "L2P" doesn't apply to them, but they then get to turn around and claim that if class X starts to do so it's a case of L2P

Hypocrisy at it's best. <.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Miatemaro - Heavens Tear
    Miatemaro - Heavens Tear Posts: 700 Arc User
    edited June 2009
    Oh, I see, it's ok for every other class to whine and cry, and then state that "L2P" doesn't apply to them, but they then get to turn around and claim that if class X starts to do so it's a case of L2P

Hypocrisy at it's best. <.<

Ofcourse its ok, Its his class. The problem is they are no longer able to go around pwning everyone that they used too and now have to use there brains if they want to win.
    working it Q_Q
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    Not hypocrisy, when did I say anything hypocritical?

I was saying if veno's start crying once a BUG has been removed from a pet skill, then they need to learn to play their class.

edited June 2009
    Not hypocrisy, when did I say anything hypocritical?

I was saying if veno's start crying once a BUG has been removed from a pet skill, then they need to learn to play their class.

What if someone tells you that instead of crying and complaining about the lack of DR on Flesh Ream that you should instead L2P?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2009
    I'd say I play just fine, but if it takes you something that deals 4x times what it should then you fail. Hows that?