REMINDER: March Calendar Creation Contest, Deadline = March 2nd!

2»

Comments

• Nnn - Sanctuary
    Nnn - Sanctuary Posts: 91 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    if she won, so?
    its not life threatning and if she wins again, just prooves everyone needs to work harder :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NNN-SANCTUARY
  • dvorak
    dvorak Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Apologies! But due to the unforseen absence of several judges we are not able to announce Calendar winners today.

Fear not though - it will be done this week! stay tuned...
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/pwe_dvorak
  • Jack_Nel - Sanctuary
    Jack_Nel - Sanctuary Posts: 349 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Dvorak wrote: »
    Apologies! But due to the unforseen absence of several judges we are not able to announce Calendar winners today.

Fear not though - it will be done this week! stay tuned...

ty for clearing that out, is good to know that ther is a reason why we wait
    [SIGPIC]http://i391.photobucket.com/albums/oo358/jack665/1-1.jpg[/SIGPIC]

"Many left many will leave but what keeps us happy is the time we spend and the way we leave.. for me the best good bye was of Magnate and Jack_Nel both got married and then left the game.. making each other the immortal couple of this game." by Herne_Hunter
  • Missebil - Dreamweaver
    Missebil - Dreamweaver Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Yes thanks for clarifying, but tell your website designers to take the "creation contest begins" advert off the site, its bugging me xD.

Also, I don't think people should be able to win the month after they've already won, or we'll get some professional artist that gets mega-rich ingame. It's common sense tbh, and with a monthly contest, it's only fair really.

Heh, here's my design, I hope I have a chance.
    MissEbilMarchCalendar2.jpg

Yeah, I didn't go for the St. Patrick's Day theme, but spring instead, as Paddy's is one day and March is the start of the entire season. I kept it green though b:laugh
    Proud member of Midnight Faction!
  • Jack_Nel - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    cool design Missebil u look like mr Zoologist^^

"Many left many will leave but what keeps us happy is the time we spend and the way we leave.. for me the best good bye was of Magnate and Jack_Nel both got married and then left the game.. making each other the immortal couple of this game." by Herne_Hunter
  • Semyezza - Heavens Tear
    Semyezza - Heavens Tear Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Yes thanks for clarifying, but tell your website designers to take the "creation contest begins" advert off the site, its bugging me xD.

Also, I don't think people should be able to win the month after they've already won, or we'll get some professional artist that gets mega-rich ingame. It's common sense tbh, and with a monthly contest, it's only fair really.

Heh, here's my design, I hope I have a chance.
    MissEbilMarchCalendar2.jpg

Yeah, I didn't go for the St. Patrick's Day theme, but spring instead, as Paddy's is one day and March is the start of the entire season. I kept it green though b:laugh

Lol. I think "professional artist" have better things to do than spend time and inspiration on a game and its contests, I'm sure.

Otherwise, nice design. =]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I. LIKE. TO. KILL. THINGS."
    - Richard the Warlock, LFG.

visit my gallery on !! quelfish.deviantart.com !!
  • dvorak
    edited March 2009
    One more round of apologies incoming!

Winners for the March calendars will be announced Monday, March 9. Prizes will also be sent to winners upon completion of server maintenance on Tuesday, March 10. I do apologize for the delay but we are still awaiting feedback from some key judges who have been traveling and out of the office for most of this week.

Also coming next week will be details regarding April's Calendar design contest.

Again, sorry! please have a fabulous weekend!
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

• Missebil - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2009
    Lol. I think "professional artist" have better things to do than spend time and inspiration on a game and its contests, I'm sure.

Otherwise, nice design. =]

You'd be surprised, honestly there are hundreds of professional artists that spend a lot of time hanging about the internet.
    In this context though, maybe I didn't mean professional, just a hell of a lot of students will play this, and a lot of them do art either in their course or just as a hobby. Honestly, people like me with zero drawing talent stand no chance if they're gonna let people win again and again.

Oh and btw, I'm surprised there's not more people who do things like your style Semy, cos it's really popular all over the internet to do faux collage things with photos...
    edited March 2009
    You'd be surprised, honestly there are hundreds of professional artists that spend a lot of time hanging about the internet.
    In this context though, maybe I didn't mean professional, just a hell of a lot of students will play this, and a lot of them do art either in their course or just as a hobby. Honestly, people like me with zero drawing talent stand no chance if they're gonna let people win again and again.

Oh and btw, I'm surprised there's not more people who do things like your style Semy, cos it's really popular all over the internet to do faux collage things with photos...

Fair enough, lol. But I get what you mean, yea. I dun have drawing talent like some people here either. b:surrender

Yeah, I know, right? I had to learn the hard way.. I'm a pro at manipulation and blending and stuff. But these things are pretty hard to make actually. I was part of the most vicious Graphics Forums for years, it makes for good experience. I was a noob before I joined those. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Flauros - Lost City
    Flauros - Lost City Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Honestly, I like semyezza's style. It looks really professional and crisp, I couldn't do anything like that. If he/she put the time in to make two distinct calendars, then they should be able to win twice. Plus it is such a fresh style :)

I started to wonder what happened when the winners were said to be announced on tues/wed and now it is saturday D:

also, @ dvorack: Are we allowed to post our submissions on Deviantart / other gallery sites, as long as we credit the background/supplied images to PWI?
  • Finwara - Heavens Tear
    Finwara - Heavens Tear Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Hmhm I thought we see the winner Pics on Monday? b:sad
  • Soho - Lost City
    Soho - Lost City Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    Lol still no winners? b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sohographics.deviantart.com
  • Missebil - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2009
    DUDES! Give us winners please! I tabbed out of PWI yesterday to check and my computer nearly died!
    I asked Shnuggles when he made an appearance (<3) but he didn't know anything, so please someone tell us!
  • Surmalin - Sanctuary
    Surmalin - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2009
    How much longer we need to wait??
    b:shedtear
  • Jack_Nel - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    common ppl have little faith in the GMs i dont think that begging for a reply will do any good ^_^ and if i remember corectly they said that they will look at them today (tusday) and anounce the winners tomorrow (turs.... idk how to type that) so be pacient and have faith :)

• Missebil - Dreamweaver
    edited March 2009
    But it's kinda nearly the middle of March, and there's going to be no point in using a calendar for 2 weeks...
  • dvorak
    edited March 2009
    But it's kinda nearly the middle of March, and there's going to be no point in using a calendar for 2 weeks...

Winners will be announced later this afternoon (before 6 p.m. Pacific). Apologies for the delay but we really needed to await the feedback from certain judges.

Also, you'll have 3 FULL weeks to enjoy the lovely calendars about to be featured!
    pwe_dvorak.jpg

• Jack_Nel - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    Dvorak ... i wanted to answer that !!!! owww well i was gona say the same thing about the 2/3 weeks... but ty anyway ^_^

• Jack_Nel - Sanctuary
    edited March 2009
    owww i almost forgot ... i wanted to ask a favor ^^ u should give somthing extra to the winners for making them wait so long! i imagine it would be like ... "take this to and forgive us for keeping u wait" like a gold charm or somthing idk its just an ideea hehe

edited March 2009
    Before 6PM. -ticks on watch and listens to it- Hmmm... Must be something wrong with this thing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]