The Ultimate New Players Guide to Crafting and Harvesting

Comments

• CheeFox - Heavens Tear
    CheeFox - Heavens Tear Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Nice guide - handy.

Question - anyone know wth you gotta do to make lvl 6 crafting skills? Ive gotten to 60/60 at level 5 but now at a loss as to how to get lvl 6

Elder in Archosaur and 1000 Streams offers nothing - all the boxes are blank so there must be something I've missed - a book perhaps?

Chee

*EDIT* Never mind, found you have to be level 80 to have grd 6 skills.....sheesh
  • mamagrowls
    mamagrowls Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Any ideas on where to find "Dew of Orb"? or is it just random?
    T;Frozen
  • yole1987
    yole1987 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2008

603 836; 603 867; 610 813; 610 824; 613 841; 609 849; 619 824
    They seem to be dropping it fairly often
  • braunn
    braunn Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Nice beginner's guide! Especially helpful were the loc's for beginning mat farming. But was this written from the /my/ version of the game? I notice that the location names are not always entirely familiar. e.g. Ethersword, rather than Etherblade City. Will the map loc's be the same regardless?

Also, is there a post/guide/site somewhere that has a list of which drops are actually useful? My wife was reading somewhere that some of the recipes appear to have been lost during transition from /my/ or from beta that, for example, used to allow you to combine rough furs to create animal fur. With that no longer available, rough furs are basically trash. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.)

Off the top of my head, other trash drops (those having no apparent current use in tradeskills though they might appear to) include: mystical fur, element powder, buddha's hand, organice glue - just to name a few.

Don't take these examples as gospel. I'm relatively new and could have missed their use somewhere, but I'm quite certain that at least some of them are indeed useless.

But, again, is there a definitive list somewhere that tells me what is useful and what is not so that I don't keep a bunch of trash in my limited bank space?

Thanks!
  • Shyriena - Sanctuary
    Shyriena - Sanctuary Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    braunn wrote: »
    Nice beginner's guide! Especially helpful were the loc's for beginning mat farming. But was this written from the /my/ version of the game? I notice that the location names are not always entirely familiar. e.g. Ethersword, rather than Etherblade City. Will the map loc's be the same regardless?

Yes, Sorry I found these locations from other sources. the names are not always 100% correct. I should go change that, but the locations will be the same, and work.
    Also, is there a post/guide/site somewhere that has a list of which drops are actually useful? My wife was reading somewhere that some of the recipes appear to have been lost during transition from /my/ or from beta that, for example, used to allow you to combine rough furs to create animal fur. With that no longer available, rough furs are basically trash. (Please correct me if I'm wrong.)

Anything harvested is useful, all drops like animal fur etc are useful. They are all used in a recipe somewhere. If recipes were lost, I do not know, but rough fur is used later on for higher skill items. (Check the items in tailoring that require skill 3 to make)

Off the top of my head, other trash drops (those having no apparent current use in tradeskills though they might appear to) include: mystical fur, element powder, buddha's hand, organice glue - just to name a few.

Soft fur, Mystical Fur, those are what are known as DQ items (Short for Dragon Quest) They are used in the game, just not for crafting, and never were for crafting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sometimes you just have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down.b:pleased
  • Cadh - Lost City
    Cadh - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    b:thanks Those location coordinates will be a great help, I have used the "Coordinate Assistant" many times for NPC locations but never thought of using it for resources. b:embarrass I was unaware they always spawned in the same spot, I tend to wander enough that I don't get back to them soon enough to grab them before other players can. Knowing right where they will be appearing will probably change that.
  • Demonknightx - Lost City
    Demonknightx - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Nice guide - handy.

Question - anyone know wth you gotta do to make lvl 6 crafting skills? Ive gotten to 60/60 at level 5 but now at a loss as to how to get lvl 6

Elder in Archosaur and 1000 Streams offers nothing - all the boxes are blank so there must be something I've missed - a book perhaps?

Chee

*EDIT* Never mind, found you have to be level 80 to have grd 6 skills.....sheesh

In order to get from lvl 5 to 6 i believe you have to hit lvl 80.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2008
    I can't seem to find anywhere to purchase the red jade. I've tried the gem merchants and even the CS. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.
  • Shyriena - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    To purchase Red jade, goto the NPC labeled "Merchant" Like Merchant Hsu, they sell the gems you are looking for.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sometimes you just have to take the leap and build your wings on the way down.b:pleased
  • Xazia - Sanctuary
    Xazia - Sanctuary Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Thank you for Your awesome guide!!! we appreciate it a lot!!! <3
  • cheri
    cheri Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Thank you so much for your time doing this!b:thanks
    I only wish, I found it earlier, would have saved a lot of heartburn. b:chuckle
  • KyriIobria - Heavens Tear
    KyriIobria - Heavens Tear Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Hmm.... This is a very helpful guide.

I am a level 43 veno and I do all four skills. I've been working hard to keep them all up and in fact use them to prevent me from having to buy armor or weapons, etc. from the NPCs. My problem now is that I'm at 100% on level three of my Apothecary skill and can't seem to get to level four.... Is here a guide anywhere for the higher levels?

Thanks....
  • Reyanna - Sanctuary_1232900446
    Reyanna - Sanctuary_1232900446 Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    OMG, I'm so stupid. I must have ran by him a million times, lol. I went to every other NPC in the town! Thank you so much!
  • Shyriena - Sanctuary
    edited December 2008
    Hmm.... This is a very helpful guide.

I am a level 43 veno and I do all four skills. I've been working hard to keep them all up and in fact use them to prevent me from having to buy armor or weapons, etc. from the NPCs. My problem now is that I'm at 100% on level three of my Apothecary skill and can't seem to get to level four.... Is here a guide anywhere for the higher levels?

Thanks....

QUOTE FROM THE GUIDE
    You can do this all the way up until skill level 3. Once you get
    skill level 3. You are stuck here until you obtain level 50 on
    your character. and once you do that, you will then be offered
    quests to advance to skill level 4 and beyond, just like you
    did for getting skill 1 unlocked.

To get to skill 4 of any craft, you MUST be level 50. Then once you obtain level 50, just go talk to a town elder to get the next series of "Path of the XXX" Quests

Skill 1,2,&3 = level 5

Skill 4 & 5 = level 50

Skill 6 & ??? = level 80
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • userlynad
    userlynad Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Thanks alot. Very, very helpful, especially the spawn locations.
  • eddox
    eddox Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Im a lvl 35 veno lvl apoth but wow i never knew you could have all skills not being restricted this is gonna save a packet in time and money
  • Jibbe - Sanctuary
    Jibbe - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    hi, tx for the guide. finally i wud be able to make my own stuff lol. anyways, wats the time for it to respawn ? for herbs, mats and all ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • appachisan
    appachisan Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    this guide is great u really saved me hours of searching
  • brandykee
    brandykee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    PerfectWorld Crafting and Gathering Guide

Written by Shyriena of Sanctuary

(Note: If you read this and it helps you, please
    post a comment with a quick reply. Thank you. b:thanks

OMG! b:cry THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!
  • Omegasteel - Heavens Tear
    Omegasteel - Heavens Tear Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    There's nothing better when people are selfless and proactive in helping others in this crazy in depth game. Thanks so much for all your effort! b:victory
  • Muldyrn - Sanctuary
    Muldyrn - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I read that some mobs drop logs but I haven't seen it happen. Does it really happen or do I need to just farm the locations you mentioned?
  • Shyriena - Sanctuary
    edited January 2009
    I read that some mobs drop logs but I haven't seen it happen. Does it really happen or do I need to just farm the locations you mentioned?

Sometimes, Rarely, you will have a mob drop some materials (Usualy a low amount). But the rarity of this is about the same rarity of getting a 3* drop or a mold.

Herbs sometimes drop off mobs as well, but still pretty rare.

Best to just gather if you want materials. the drops will not supply you any type of constant material source.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Muldyrn - Sanctuary
    Muldyrn - Sanctuary Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    thanks for the info about item drops. I just continue to harvest my supplies with the coordinates from this thread
  • princesilvermyst
    princesilvermyst Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Very good and helpful thread. There is one thing I ran into though. I'm a lv. 2 in my Apothacry skill, but when I try to gather mats needed to make lv. 2 items, it says my level isn't high enough to harvest, so I'm presuming that there are also character level requirements to gather certain mats.
  • Nerishana - Sanctuary
    Nerishana - Sanctuary Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    You need to be level 20 to gather those materials.

What I would like to know is which critters drop the items necessary for the banker to upgrade your box. Would be nice not to have to run around killing random things trying to find which ones drop the items you need and which are just a waste of time when all you want is those items. Right now I'm trying to find 3 more disguise skins for my veno to finish off the list, but I'm not sure which critters drops them. It would be nice to finish that off and free up some space in my inventory. lol
  • SamGermano - Sanctuary
    SamGermano - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    in http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/826 say that if i have 9 greases i can craft 1 Purified Oil, but whare and how i can do that?
    please help-me couse i dont found in nowhere...
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    in http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/826 say that if i have 9 greases i can craft 1 Purified Oil, but whare and how i can do that?
    please help-me couse i dont found in nowhere...

We don't have that feature in this version.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • SamGermano - Sanctuary
    SamGermano - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    We don't have that feature in this version.

is possible some day come back?
  • mortyfyde
    mortyfyde Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Found it really useful. Was being driven mad trying to find Salvia roots.

Cheers
  • genevievedamnit
    genevievedamnit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I read somewhere that you could combine materials such as ragged fur and make it into animal fur. Does anyone know how to do this? I also read something about a Combining Forge...Any info on this too?
This discussion has been closed.