New PK target on Lost City

pixtigger
pixtigger Posts: 3 Arc User
edited January 2009 in Arigora Colosseum
Just read through the whole "shut down PvP server" thread and considered posting there but some of the comments are just way too stupid, lol.

My main character PixiePix (Cleric) has just reached lvl 30 which I knew was going to make life 'interesting' as she has always been a "Carebear" buffing other players, healing and reviving as many PCs (Player Characters) as she could reach in short time. Since reaching lvl 30 she has been PKd twice so far (expecting more following this thread, lol) and I confess I did have a bit of a whine about at the time, mostly because PixiePix had just buffed both players.

Now before all the rampant PKers started getting excited about being on the wrong server or the PvE PCs saying "come over we'll have a Carebear party", my son (bless him) introduced me to the game but neglected to tell me that there was a PvP or PvE distinction and had already signed up at Lost City - I did the same so we could have some quality gaming together (awwww, rofl) in what is my first MMORPG. I have tried a PvE server (for non-PK reasons) but the lag was horrendous and besides I have made some really good friends in Lost City.

So what's the point of this thread? I hear you cry.

Well as I understand it the chance for drops from a PK is ridiculously low if you PK a white player - PixiePix will always be a white player because I choose not to fight back in accordance with the Helping & Supporting role that PixiePix has adopted and even created a faction for. So if you get EXP from killing me, consider me a walking (usually flying) target and fire away, lol. If I can ask just one favour - if I'm attacking mobs at the time can you at least wait until the mob is dead? The autotarget function often targets the PC (they tend to do more damage) and I don't want to attack others by mistake.

PWi allows players to choose how they want to play the game and just because I choose to play it differently to many does not make them "psychopathic murderers" or me a "pacifistic carebear" - it just means that we choose different ways to get our fun out of a great game.

Many PKers (not all so no sweeping generalisation here) do so for the challenge of trying their PC against other players (there is always the duel option for a fairer fight) - unfortunately for you guys PixiePix will never be a challenge as she will never fight back - not on purpose anway, lol. For the others see the topic heading, rofl.

In all honesty I would prefer an option to disable PK unless or until I attack someone else but that option does not (is not likely to) exist and so I have to accept the fact that PWi just got a whole lot more dangerous - just please wait until the mob is down first?

Thank you for your time :) I expect to be PKd much more, now ;)
Post edited by pixtigger on

Comments

• Konamii - Lost City
    Konamii - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    pixtigger wrote: »
    Thank you for your time :) I expect to be PKd much more, now ;)

And you will, i actually think you made it worst, if you wanted to be the target of many future pk's, then mission accomplished soldier.b:surrender
  • PixiePix - Lost City
    PixiePix - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    And you will, i actually think you made it worst, if you wanted to be the target of many future pk's, then mission accomplished soldier.b:surrender

And that's the point - player choice. Players can choose to PK me, I can choose not to defend (or run screaming to a PvE server, lol). It's just that if PixiePix fights back it's down to lag and not intentb:laugh

Anyway, I have other characters (lower lvls at the moment) who may not be quite so accommodating b:chuckle. I haven't decided yet.
  • Llama - Lost City
    Llama - Lost City Posts: 641 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    See this is the issue. The stupid n00bs who can only kill helpless level 3x characters. -_- its nice to get "higher" up early on so you don't have to deal with that annoying ****. IT IS not carebear to find it annoying.
    Hey Elayne. Its illegal to harass underage girls. And CQ won the map without you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lyndura - Lost City
    Lyndura - Lost City Posts: 829 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I don't think this topic will make it worse. Usually, people that get more PK'ed or KoS because of making a topic at forums, are those who cry and whine about being PK'ed, and start flaming and stuff.

But PixiePix is being polite, accepts the fact that she will get PK'ed no matter what, and deals with it.

So meh, I think most people that read this don't really PK low 30's (without reason), and won't really KoS her :P
  • McDuff - Lost City
    McDuff - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    See this is the issue. The stupid n00bs who can only kill helpless level 3x characters. -_- its nice to get "higher" up early on so you don't have to deal with that annoying ****. IT IS not carebear to find it annoying.
    what are your thoughts on 3x vrs. 3x pk? Im saying fair but theres a lot of whinning for a pk server.
  • RobbinDaHood - Lost City
    RobbinDaHood - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    3x vs 3x fair game. even 3x vs 4x(some cases deppending on classes ect), I dont see the point in killing random WHITE named 3x even 4x if your 6x+. Once your 5x+ its fair game in my opinion, PixiePix did come in a polite manor and understands she'll get owned more n more so thats good. Doubt you'll get PKd more cuz of this thread but your name will be noticed more :P So watch your back O.ob:surrender
  • McDuff - Lost City
    McDuff - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    That was my thoughts on pk although i went on quite a spree and seem to get mowed down by lvl 60 n higher on a regular basis. why can't the lower levels protect themselves and not have to rely on some high lvl guy with too much time on his/her hands.
  • Dele - Lost City
    Dele - Lost City Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Ilu! and Il Clerics who random buff you guys are the best! Keep it up up up :D
  • Jake_s - Lost City
    Jake_s - Lost City Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Well its nice to see that there are some nice and decent people on the Lost City. Watch out for RageQuit. They Pk people in hope that they would switch server or quit the game. PixiePix I hope I run in to you in the game. Do a FB or a boss Run. b:victory
  • mecurial
    mecurial Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    I don't think pking low lvl is unacceptable or against the rule(even though i don't do it).

Just realize the term "PK-Player killing", if you want to kill s1, would u choose s1 who's higher lvl than you or around the same lvl as u? Choosing the same lvl chars as the target is not a gd task unless u do a cheap kill (backstab while they r grinding).

That's why 3x players become the main target for 40+ n 50+(dont' think 6x and above wil give **** to them) coz they could b taken out with less effort. just my 2 cents
    ~~~~la la la~~~~~~
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Supermanx - Lost City
    Supermanx - Lost City Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    That was my thoughts on pk although i went on quite a spree and seem to get mowed down by lvl 60 n higher on a regular basis. why can't the lower levels protect themselves and not have to rely on some high lvl guy with too much time on his/her hands.

oop sorry about killing you McDuff, i only PK red people during my WQ

b:surrender
    b:surrender
  • Liras - Lost City
    Liras - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Well its nice to see that there are some nice and decent people on the Lost City. Watch out for RageQuit. They Pk people in hope that they would switch server or quit the game.

Are you serious?

Well, i also hate PK's. An hour ago i almost died 'cause an idiot had attacked me while i was grinding. That was really cowardly.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    mecurial wrote: »
    Just realize the term "PK-Player killing", if you want to kill s1, would u choose s1 who's higher lvl than you or around the same lvl as u? Choosing the same lvl chars as the target is not a gd task unless u do a cheap kill (backstab while they r grinding).

If I enjoyed pk, I would probably limit myself to killing mean red named players that had somehow gotten on my enemies list and would certainly prefer to kill players higher level than I.

And, also, I would totally aim for cheap kills.

However, I plan on staying on the fun servers for a long time.

And, I currently do not like pk.

If I were somehow convinced to move into Lost City, I would probably follow PixiePix's lead and stay white so that anyone killing me would be helping other people.
  • amradio
    amradio Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Pixie Pix..if I may.

Your resolve is admirable, however, I find sitting there like a duck to be, well, not so admirable.

You do not have to fight back, but you would do well to learn how to survive as best you can. No point in healing and protecting others when you can do no good for yourself. So I am asking you to challenge yourself and learn how to survive. Sometimes there's no help being one-shotted, but learn to be aware of your surroundings. Plan routes of escape, master the art of escape and evasion, always look for hiding spots, and otherwise learn to think on your feet. I say this because there will be a time when you will be in a party, and the lot of you will be attacked by PKers. It will be YOUR job to survive, and then rez your dead mates. So, learn the art now before its too late.
  • FoxRunning - Heavens Tear
    FoxRunning - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,048 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    its nice to know that im not the only person in PW who doesnt want to fight back...like you, i began playing on LC, not knowing about PVP/PVE, and was forced yesterday to make the decision to leave everything behind and start all over on another server. why? because the thugs and bullies who think its so much fun to kill others are ruining the game. to them, its all about taking over a piece of territory, then making it impossible for anyone to fulfill quests in those places. its bad enough to try to manage the ossin guards, and how they tend to gang up on you, but if you have a gang of 'fellow players' hanging round the area 24/7, red names and crossed swords, looking for others they can add to their murder list, its impossible to do what you came for...even with a squad, you wind up fighting the bleeping PKreeps, getting killed, or, if you dont fight, you get killed, come back to try to do the quest, only to find the thugs still there, and get killed again. ive even tried to get to the places at strange hours, hoping that some time i would find them gone. no luck. and with the way the GM system is, there is no way to call for help, and have it come in a timely way...when i hit the GM button, all it says is "I'm stuck!", with no way to type in what i want. if i hit that button, it tells me to 'sit tight and wait.' yeah, right. how am i supposed to do that, when the PKers keep killing me?

as it is, because of them preventing me from completing a number of quests, i could see no reason to continue attempting to play on LC, and have moved to another server, leaving behind a character that i had worked on very hard, and had put a lot of time and real money into. money that i cannot now afford to spend, to replace items lost by the move. i personally hold RageQuit responsible for the majority of the harassment, since 95% of the time it was RQ red name bullies who hang around quest spots for lower level players. When will the GMs begin to control the harassment? obviously the leaders of the faction approve this, or it would not continue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    (and hugs to Flauschkatze for the sig!)
    "Thanks for writing me-- it's always great to hear from a vet.

-FrankieRaye"
    Playing here since '08b:heart
  • Xiphox - Lost City
    Xiphox - Lost City Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    its nice to know that im not the only person in PW who doesnt want to fight back...like you, i began playing on LC, not knowing about PVP/PVE, and was forced yesterday to make the decision to leave everything behind and start all over on another server. why? because the thugs and bullies who think its so much fun to kill others are ruining the game. to them, its all about taking over a piece of territory, then making it impossible for anyone to fulfill quests in those places. its bad enough to try to manage the ossin guards, and how they tend to gang up on you, but if you have a gang of 'fellow players' hanging round the area 24/7, red names and crossed swords, looking for others they can add to their murder list, its impossible to do what you came for...even with a squad, you wind up fighting the bleeping PKreeps, getting killed, or, if you dont fight, you get killed, come back to try to do the quest, only to find the thugs still there, and get killed again. ive even tried to get to the places at strange hours, hoping that some time i would find them gone. no luck. and with the way the GM system is, there is no way to call for help, and have it come in a timely way...when i hit the GM button, all it says is "I'm stuck!", with no way to type in what i want. if i hit that button, it tells me to 'sit tight and wait.' yeah, right. how am i supposed to do that, when the PKers keep killing me?

as it is, because of them preventing me from completing a number of quests, i could see no reason to continue attempting to play on LC, and have moved to another server, leaving behind a character that i had worked on very hard, and had put a lot of time and real money into. money that i cannot now afford to spend, to replace items lost by the move. i personally hold RageQuit responsible for the majority of the harassment, since 95% of the time it was RQ red name bullies who hang around quest spots for lower level players. When will the GMs begin to control the harassment? obviously the leaders of the faction approve this, or it would not continue.

Cute lol.b:thanks
    Xipox-7X MG-LC-#3 in pvp rankings-b:pleased 3198 hp unbuffedb:victory
  • n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    my pk targets are always level 60 and above.
    Good luck, if you get bullied by any high levels with green weapons PM me here in the forums.
    I was going to post a reply... then I realized, you would likely reply in anger and insult me, to which I'd most likely respond with a wittier comment or slay you with a macro and then, onlookers, seeing that comments had been made, would interpret the traffic as interest, thus earning you attention you don't deserve for your **** post. So, when you DON'T see a comment from me, THAT is me saying "FAIL" in a much more effective manner.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Menarin - Lost City
    Menarin - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    amradio wrote: »
    Pixie Pix..if I may.

Your resolve is admirable, however, I find sitting there like a duck to be, well, not so admirable.

You do not have to fight back, but you would do well to learn how to survive as best you can. No point in healing and protecting others when you can do no good for yourself. So I am asking you to challenge yourself and learn how to survive. Sometimes there's no help being one-shotted, but learn to be aware of your surroundings. Plan routes of escape, master the art of escape and evasion, always look for hiding spots, and otherwise learn to think on your feet. I say this because there will be a time when you will be in a party, and the lot of you will be attacked by PKers. It will be YOUR job to survive, and then rez your dead mates. So, learn the art now before its too late.

I recommend my favorite tactics:

The dip-and-dodge: Use a nearby random player as a shield (useful solely against attacking wizards as the area effect drags in whoever gets hit) then escape

The run for your life and fly: Your a cleric you got wings! get the faster flying upgrade and just soar then cast town-portal

Or my favorite personal favorite!

The hey I got like 40guys standing in the bushes hiding waiting for somebody to TRY and PK me spamming me with buffs and heals nonstop tactic: Need I say anything about that tactic?
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited January 2009

If I were in your situation, and I wanted to keep my character, and I could not find level 90+ people to help me, I would just keep running back into secret passage, with no buffs or healing or anything, until they got extremely tired of killing me.

I would make sure my inventory was clean of anything I cared about, and would probably be eating supper and doing other fun stuff, because I expect that this would take lots of time. Maybe would take days or weeks, i do not know. Anyways eventually they would start getting bored -- maybe they would let me fight for a bit before they killed me, and I could crit sometimes. Or maybe high levels or other groups would move in, and pound on them. Or maybe...

Also, for FB29 and the side quest in that area, you can teleport right past that shared instance by spending some coins (speak with that stone of illusion in west archosaur by the teleport master). And you can skip any quests except for cultivation.

Anyways, I might eventually complete my quests and eventually I would move on.

Fortunately for me, with my first character, I figured out that my "lightly populated server" was not going to be fun, from listening to world chat when I was level 3. I have long since deleted that character, and only lost maybe an hour of time.

I am sorry that world chat was not so informative, for you.