End Game Pking

2»

Comments

• Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    WF is deffinetly the new best PKing class... catch your target off guard hes dead. end of story. unless your a COMPLETE idiot.
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    The sad thing however, is that WF spend almost every penny they have on the phoenix that more often than not, they have really bad gear on. As a result, a well geared WR or WB can take down the WF any day.

For example, Cancer (imo the best WF in PWI) might be much feared by robes but Grim or I can down him pretty easily in 1on1. However, if you give him +8 armor with full g8 in them, then it might be a different story.

Cost of a phoenix is about $200. (averaging 25 items per box), though a lot of the WF that have a phoenix didn't spend any real money on it.

Cost of an 8 star dragon orb is about $200, with 7 at around 100 and 6 at a little over $50. Already you're looking at at least $350 to make 1 +8 piece of armor. A full set with lvl 8 gems and full sockets could easily clear $1500. Thats almost 8 phoenixes.

I'm just saying, you can't compare what a WF spends on one pet to what you have spent on your armor. I'd imagine that if your equips couldn't beat a phoenix your level you'd be pretty pissed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deity - Lost City
    Deity - Lost City Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Cost of a phoenix is about $200. (averaging 25 items per box), though a lot of the WF that have a phoenix didn't spend any real money on it.

Cost of an 8 star dragon orb is about $200, with 7 at around 100 and 6 at a little over $50. Already you're looking at at least $350 to make 1 +8 piece of armor. A full set with lvl 8 gems and full sockets could easily clear $1500. Thats almost 8 phoenixes.

I'm just saying, you can't compare what a WF spends on one pet to what you have spent on your armor. I'd imagine that if your equips couldn't beat a phoenix your level you'd be pretty pissed.

Like I said, fortunately for the server, there isn't even a semi-decent geared WF in entire PWI. So ya....
    edited December 2008
    omg deity your right. all venos ive seen have really crappy gears, then again, so do most people, regardless of class, on my server. T_T

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deity - Lost City
    Deity - Lost City Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    omg deity your right. all venos ive seen have really crappy gears, then again, so do most people, regardless of class, on my server. T_T

you are coming over right? here are some people with insane gear on LC so if you happen to see them, check out their gears :P

Yoshiki
    Shinzoko (this guy is INSANE)
    GriminflameZ
    Kyri
    Lorelai
    edited December 2008
    yea, and you +10 axes.. jesus dude those things are ****ing amazing

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Specgoesemo - Lost City
    Specgoesemo - Lost City Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    The sad thing however, is that WF spend almost every penny they have on the phoenix that more often than not, they have really bad gear on. As a result, a well geared WR or WB can take down the WF any day.

For example, Cancer (imo the best WF in PWI) might be much feared by robes but Grim or I can down him pretty easily in 1on1. However, if you give him +8 armor with full g8 in them, then it might be a different story.

It seems most classes that feel safe behind their range wear crappy [or under leveled] gear. Deity is right when he says most, if not all, venos have horrible gear. Even many archers where armor 10+ levels under their own level as long as their weapon is in good shape.
    edited December 2008
    jesus thats horrible, i upgrade my armour asap, usually +3 it as soon as i get it. o_o

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ren - Lost City
    Ren - Lost City Posts: 355 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    I certainly won't be spending money on gear until I have a herc and hh90 armor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Zoe is so full of it, that he must be Karmelia.
  • WindGaurdian - Sanctuary
    WindGaurdian - Sanctuary Posts: 326 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Deity whats the weapon you have that is the best weapon? I've heard you talking about it and just want to know. and what was this abuot mysterious chips?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Flying to continue my journey..
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/14830

these +10 and 2 g9 acc stones.

On topic:

The hell bonus for ironwood scarab: Demon version has a 20% chance to reduce physical defense to zero.

Proc that before the phoenix bleeds and your dead.
  • Ordain - Lost City
    Ordain - Lost City Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    It's always going to come down to a matter of opinion, but i would say that hell WF's with a phoenix are the best. I did some testing with a WF in my guild about a week ago. I was a level 80 light armor mage at the time and he was an 81 WF with a level 7x phoenix.

First we tested the phoenix when i had priest+warrior+my physical buffs on which gave me 6.4k Pdef.

-Ripping bite was ticking for 800 damage(Not sure what level of ripping bite i was but i'll assume it was 5.)
    -Normal hitting me for 300 damage.
    -Stunned me.

On the second attempt he first purged my priest and warrior buffs, then i rebuffed my shield so that i had 4.2k pdef.

-Ripping bite was ticking for 1100 damage.
    -Normal hitting for 354
    -Stunned me.

*Note- This was all while i was on the ground and the WF did not hit me in any way,or use amplify damage on me.

Now, It's easy to see why WF's is an amazing end game PvP class. A very common build for them to use at endgame is Heavy armor chest and bracers,robe pants and boots then they kite around in fox form while their phoenix does all the work, occasionally helping to nuke if need be.

Oh and yeah you can say it isn't a problem for well geared wuxia's or yao's to take down a WF with a phoenix at the moment due to their gear, but eventually they'll be donning their endgame gear which just like the rest of us they'll be +ing and refining, and it'll be easy for them to do so due to their classes financial advantages. What then?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Strategy - Lost City
    Strategy - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    lilly90 wrote: »
    i don't know about archers tbh i only played a 8x one and it wasn't mine

if gm sees this, you're busted

Sharing accounts is bannable
  • dekciw
    dekciw Posts: 954 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    if gm sees this, you're busted

Sharing accounts is bannable

It's not lmao.
    ZzXVdr5.png
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    It depend son how far endgame we're talking about. Wizards dominate PvP after a long enough period of time... they're a class that always grows. Phoenix Venos come in second, and Archers pull a close third. This is very far into the endgame though.

... For now, Veno with a phoenix rules.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    dekciw wrote: »
    It's not lmao.

Oh look what I found on the faq page!

"First, sharing and letting someone else use your account is a direct violation of the Terms of Use."

Not bannable huh?b:chuckle
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited January 2009
    Funny, that. I was fighting 2 GZ mage yesterday, and my bird killed one in defense mode before I noticed it, and I had its skills disabled too.. the other guy died to rip immediately. I was like wtf weren't there 2 mages here?

I got hit by a level 90 phoenix twice, and died to rip, fox didnt even attack me, never had a chance to pot, hp bar didnt move cause it happened so fast. But as long as I see it coming its easy to beat other foxes.

n0ob is wrong about foxes not killing warriors, I **** most of them. If it comes down to it I can just kite the stupid ones like nicoreta who is my level until they start to do dumb stuff like attack my pet (doing 80k+ to their heiro in the process and me not getting hit)

Fist WRs are **** in pvp, lol'd at that suggestion hard.

Full dex archers are absolutely terrible, die to one ripping bit.

Full int mages are terrible, light survives more and has same overall dps. still easy to phoenix, though...

Clerics can **** over squishies if played right, thankfully most of them are stupid. But if by "full attack" you mean "full int", then, the cleric stands no chance. Not to mention would be useless to blueball belial rofl 2k hp...

Int mages have better DPS, and spike damage. The 4-5% critical doesn't quite make up for the damage loss in PvE, and in PK you don't need crits. Sutra, duh. Unless it's vs. a Werebeast. Then, pray for a crit.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.