Humanoid Barbarian or Dual Axe Blademaster for TW's?

HaTorah - Heavens Tear
HaTorah - Heavens Tear Posts: 36 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Arigora Colosseum
I was going to make a TW based char now that I am getting more familiar with PWI. I am considering either a Humanoid Barbarian or a Dual Axe Blademaster. I was going to place my stats the same for which ever I make. 3 STR / 2 DEX per level and utilize the +HP Stones for the lack of health.

The Dual Axe Blademaster has the ability to learn multiple skill paths at later levels where as the Humanoid Barbarian has the ability to learn Tiger Form and tank at later levels.

I've always been the type to get my hands dirty and jump right into the action. Where both the Barbarian and the Blademaster do just that, I just don't know which is better in TW's. Which class (between the two) is more wanted for TW's and why?

EDIT: I was also working on a Heavy Armor Fox Veno Build and enjoying it. How do they hold up in TW's?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by HaTorah - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Stickygreen - Heavens Tear
    Stickygreen - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,158 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    heavy armour veno in tw is useless, 1v1 they are great. a barb without vit is useless. if you want damage and stuns, go bm, if u want damage and the ability to tank on, 3 , 4, 5 other classes ur level. go barb
    Less QQ more Pew Pewb:thanks

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HaTorah - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    So 6 STR / 4 DEX on a Dual Axe BM is a good build for TW's. Thanks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2008
    nono dont ask me about BM builds. this is what ive HEARD. dont flame me if im wrong T_T for dual axe bms, you want req str/dex for your axes, then go all vit. if you want a bit more accuracy, pump 60dex asap. and leave it

"Don't argue with an idiot. They bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience."

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HaTorah - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2008
    OH, sorry about that. Thanks for the advice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Javon - Lost City
    Javon - Lost City Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    woah woah , for a daul axe bm for tw u should get ur vit to 50 then go 3str 2 dex per lv , that way u can survive and have enough accruacy. also here is a guide for bms from the class sub forums:

http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=143481
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    heavy armour veno in tw is useless

This is not true. Sure they won't be a big damage dealer, but thats not what you need them to do.
    A heavy armor veno can get close and debuff opponents and get back out without dying. Run in, purge, amp, run out. Thats all you need to do every 30 seconds. A heavy armor veno in fox form does this very well. And any veno can transfer vigor just the same.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2008
    only class really needing debuffing is the barbs. and if the guild is smart, they have backup barbs on each catapult pulling team.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yourmom - Lost City
    Yourmom - Lost City Posts: 1,655 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    Right, so you need a fox that can debuff the first barb, then run out, then 30 seconds later run in and debuff the second barb. Heavy armor fox can do that without getting picked off by the archers.

Don't get me wrong, robe/LA foxes can do that as well, and they can do other things in tw, I'm just saying that heavy foxes do have a niche they fit into quite nicely.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited December 2008
    no, what i mean is a backup catapult tanker that acts as a DD/buffer till he is needed to pick up catapult, therefore he takes 3 seconds and the tank is buffed again

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dekciw
    dekciw Posts: 954 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    You're better off with a Vit Build BM if your main concern is TW. Aim for 10k hp and you won't ever die.
    ZzXVdr5.png