PVP guide

blo0dyyay
blo0dyyay Posts: 0 Arc User
edited December 2008 in Arigora Colosseum
Intro
-reserved for when i get an idea what to put here >.>-

You can search quickly trough the guild by pressing control + F and type the numbers of the index (example, control + F type 1.4 = mage lvl 59 techniques)

Always be carefull with enemies with hiero's, pot spamming, pill spamming and ganging.

INDEX
[1.0] Mages
[1.1] lvl 30
[1.2] lvl 39
[1.3] lvl (49-51)
[1.4] lvl 59
[1.5] lvl 89
[SLOTMAGES] FAQ

[2.0] Blademaster (im only giving out axe info since its the only BM i played)
[2.1] lvl 30
[2.2] lvl 39
[2.3] lvl (49-51)
[2.4] lvl 59
[2.5] lvl 89
[SLOTBM] FAQ

[3.0] Cleric
[3.1] lvl 30
[3.2] lvl 39
[3.3] lvl (49-51)
[3.4] lvl 59
[3.5] lvl 89
[SLOTCLERIC] FAQ

[4.0] Archer
[4.1] lvl 30
[4.2] lvl 39
[4.3] lvl (49-51)
[4.4] lvl 59
[4.5] lvl 89
[SLOTARCHER] FAQ

[5.0] Barbarian
[5.1] lvl 30
[5.2] lvl 39
[5.3] lvl (49-51)
[5.4] lvl 59
[5.5] lvl 89
[SLOTBARB] FAQ

[6.0] Venomacers
[6.1] lvl 30
[6.2] lvl 39
[6.3] lvl (49-51)
[6.4] lvl 59
[6.5] lvl 89
[SLOTVENOM] FAQ

[7.0] END
[7.1] General FAQ
[7.2] Helpfull sites
[7.3] tips
[7.4] credits

[1.0] Mages

My time as a mage on PW-MY was wonderfull tough you have a problem, people will chase you first (or cleric) and you will die fast.Tough your paper, remember that paper can cut, and it hurts.

One for all time, always put on your %#!#ing earth shell, as i see alot people neglecting it, it addys earth and physical def which is good vs a mage and physical classes.

Always start with a long during strong skill, even tough i havent put it there...

I recommen to go full DD (= enough str for weapon, rest on wis.)

[1.1] LVL 30

vs barbarian + blademaster

always try to stay away from them as far as posible, their blades, they will cut trough paper... take distance, wait for them to attack a mob (optimal) and start with spark burst followd by shooting off from maximum distance a long during, strong skill. than gush, GUSH serriously its your best friend, spike damage, fast cast, slows, fast cooldown. By now they sould be running after you (with a mob behind them?) so i'd say, distance shrink but make sure you use it at the diffrent direction from where he is comming, so a little bith like this

X= you
O= barbarian
---> = distance shrink
<--- = distance shrink

X-O-> [THIS IS WRONG]
<---X O [THIS IS GOOD]

i see too many people **** this up, see how you get 3 --- of distance in a scheme when you do it the diffrent way from the melee char instad of 1 when your flying to him? gush sould be recovered by now and use it again, with some pyrogram combo till distance shrink has recovered.

thats the best that you can do VS a barbarian till now, when you feel like your losing, jump walk away (since its difficult for a barbarian to hit you when your stunned in the air).

Basicly, a paper vs rock, if the rock is too heavy, than it will fall trough the paper so always be carefull.

Also, blademasters are more annoying than barbarians due their cloudsprint which increases their speed by x%. so dont be shoked when they are suddenly infront of you

vs cleric

There isn't much you can do about this class, i'd say leave them since their arrow shoots right trough you, the arrow does Pdamage which can 3-4 hit you easly. If you go for them, start with your strongest skill.

vs venomacers

allright, start far from the venom, shoot 1 attack(strongest skill) at the venomacer (NEVER TARGET THEIR PET), by now the pet will be hunting you, use distance shrink to the venom to escape from their pet once more

remember, venom dies pet dies.

vs archers

Archers are the 'best' pvp class according to many people, but archers do got a big weakness... when closed up, their damage is only half of what it was, your damage is still full.start with some strong skill and now, remember my scheme where i was saying that the direction to the barbarian/blademaster was bad? what do you think now, close up to that archers and use some spikey damage.

vs mage

simple, first one who attacks wins. use fast spells

[1.2] LVL 40

vs barbarian + blademaster

Nothing much has changed, your new opening skill is sandstorm which reduces acc to your enemy, fairly strong and very nice when your pking with a buddy of yours or just for more misses vs you (which can happen), when they are getting close to you and they are still slowed, try your Will of the Phoenix, its a lovely skill and does nice damage, but just stick to the distance shrink when too close (1 hit can be taken tough)

vs cleric

Still your most annoying enemy out there, dont bother them ><

vs venomacer

remember the lvl 30 technique? after you got close to the venom, shoot your Will of the Phoenix at the venom to knock their pet back and keep them near you.

vs archer

Nothing has changed, close to archer and use some spikey skills, Will of the Phoenix is a nice add on now

vs mage

same as lvl 39

[1.3] LVL (49-51)

Why 49-51??
some people tend to to their culty bosses together with their FB (fu ben = dungeon, known in INT as CoD = call of duty) you can go for the bosses with some buddys at lvl 49 if you would be pleased so.

vs barbarian/blademaster

Open up with Glacial Snare now, if he gets slowed by this skill, their speed will be reduced by 80% ! when they are slowed, keep in mind not to use gush till the 80% slow wores off, use some other skill first like pyrogram and than gush.

vs cleric

most likely, clerics wont use their magical skills agains you, only their heal spell and arrow and barrier. The only new thing you can do now is, when they are charging up a long during skill (like the thunder thingy) shoot off your Force of Will to annoy them =]

vs venomacers

nothing changed, start with your best skill, distance shrink to the venom, skill, phoenix, spike.

vs archers

if its an archer of your lvl or higher, they will have a new skill which requires an enourmous charging time so when they start it (CAREFULL IT CAN 1HIT YOU COMBINED WITH SPARKBURST) shoot gush and than your force of will, just to annoy them in such pleasant way.

vs mage

same as lvl 39, wait for him to use Force of Will, he will use (mostly) a long during skill, when your out of it (wont take long) prest as fast as you can your Force of Will and spam him with a few fast attacks or 1 strong one

[1.4] LVL 59

You've made it this far, and your reward are those awesom doom skills and another spark container.

When your damaged badly you can always use now essential sutra and spam a few times Morning Dew, that sould recover easly, when want to flee, use sutra + town portal

vs barbarian/blademaster

I WANA USE MY DRAGON ITS SUCH STRONG SKILL!! wrong... start exactly the same as lvl 49-51, only now you do as your second skill Essential Sutra, what are you waiting now? SHOOT SHOOT SHOOT, shoot all long during skills in a row (3 - 4 skills can be used if i'm not rong)
now he will come closer again so distance shrink away and let them see how their hp is a nice meal for you.

vs cleric

finaly you can do something about these annoying little healing wizards. shoot 1 Blade Tempest and watch their hp drop lower than the half in a single shot, lovely isnt it? now shoot some skills fast befour they can heal theirself, when they tend to heal of put on barrier fast tick force of will =]

vs venomacers

easy target, shoot blade tempest and with a little bith of luck they are 1hitted, or els shoot the regular combo of the previous lvls

vs archers

I WANA TRY MY ROCK!! wrong... IMO, close up and use some strong skills combined with Force of Will

vs mage

start with a strong long cast attack, mostly he will use his force of will now and start up a blade tempest, when hes charging shoot your force of will and use your blade tempest = win.

[1.5] lvl 89+

vs barbarians/blademasters

allright, now you see the pure image of your mage =], open up 1 long skill than Essential Sutra combined with sandstorm and than use your dragon, from now, its just the regular lvl 59 technique

vs clerics

hehe, annoying thing those clerics, like always. Open up with a long strong skill, use Essential Sutra and shoot your blade tempest followd by some strong skills and the regular technique of lvl 59

vs venomacers

like a cleric, Open up with a long strong skill, use essential sutra and shoot your blade tempest followd by some strong skills with the regular technique of lvl 59

vs archers

almost the same, only this time you use your Mountain's Seize for the added stun

vs mage

this is actualy a duel who can press his force of will the fastest, when you got a jump on him use 1 strong long during skill,now he targets you i'd bet, fast your force of will, than use your essential sutra, 1 skill with almost no delay (Divine Pyrogram) and shoot off your blade tempest.

[SLOTMAGES] FAQ

-.non.-
Post edited by blo0dyyay on

Comments

• blo0dyyay
    edited December 2008
    [2.0] Blademasters

Hello rocks, thats right your a rock, many hp heavy defence lovely skills.

tough, sorry to exclude spears, fists, swords and only talk about axes, unless someone will provide me with their information, tough another kind of blademaster can use this info also so stay tuned.

recommed build: get 34 dex at the begin using fists, many people will say no or something, but heh... this is my guild so lissen to me >>,than addy str for your weapon requirements, and rest on vit. (this excluides equipment bonuses, so unequip every str + item befour you addy stats)
    when you got your lvl 27 axes, the build should be 2 vit 3 str till your next axes require more dex (think this sould be around lvl 60-70)... when more dex is required than go for this, enough dex to wear new weap, enough str to wear new weap, rest vit.

i suggest to max your stun skills, they rock (:

[2.1] LVL 30

vs Barbarian/blademaster

These are realy annoying fights and tend to take ages, try to use your mp wisely, and the chi you gain, try to fill up your chi till you have the spark and 99, use;

spark burst - Alter Marrow Physical - Drake Bash - random skill - Aeolian Blade

play a little with your stuns as its your best power

vs clerics

Easy enough, open with drake bash, if hit than do another random NON STUN skill, if miss use another stun skill, if second stun skill fails use a 3rd one, just keep in mind when you stun use another NON STUN skill and than ambush with another stun skill, spark burst is also very effective and put Alter Marrow Magical on for safety. If its a higher cleric, try to keep him under stun as long he / she has his/her barrier on, try to stun when they are trying to heal is a must.

vs venomacers

Exactly the same vs a cleric, only put on Alter Marrow Physical. WTF ITS A VENOMACERS THOSE USE $!#%!! MAGIC ATTACK DUMB DUD STUPID GUID THIS SCZIK|Z. dont give the venom a chanse to attack, she will tend to take distance so put on your cloudwalk and stun ambush, remember that drake bash is 100% stun

vs archers

Always try to stay close to an archer, cloudsprint works fine for this. Dont put on an alter because they will use the negative of your alter (magic or physical) during these low lvls archers wont be able to dodge enourmously, besides this is where that 34 dex comes in handy. Also Roar of the pride can't be dodged, it has a % of succes so when the archer tends to run or use some long during skill use your roar

vs mage

same as a cleric, only keep him under stun with stun combo (= stun-skill-stun-skill..), don't bother get hit stun them till they are kissing the floor. yawn.

[2.2] LVL 39

NOTHING has changed. keep on the technique and use the new skill (Highland Cleave) between your stun skills. exept for cleric

Cleric; they will have a paralize skill now, try to use asap a stun combo befour they stun you put on their barrier and stack some heal.

[2.3] LVL (49-51)

vs Barbarian/blademaster

almost nothing has changed, try to dodge barbarians, they will out tank you now and use frequently Fissure to make sure the enemy wont run

vs clerics

this is getting annoying, dont start with cloudsprint and put on your Alter Marrow Magical. attack him with the slow skill. mostlikely he will put you asleep now and use some thunder attack. when your out of your sleep prest spark burst cloudsprint and marrow magical, run to him with drake bash and slow him so he cant kite alike. now put some non-stop stunning and see his hp drop

*NOTE dont use your drake bash when he has his barrier on, use aleon blade and lion to keep him under stun for 20 seconds, also use bleed and than shoot with stuns and spark burst

vs venomacers

vs archers

vs mage

[2.4] LVL 59

vs Barbarian/blademaster

vs clerics

vs venomacers

vs archers

vs mage

[2.5] LVL 89+

vs Barbarian/blademaster

vs clerics

vs venomacers

vs archers

vs mage

[SLOTBM] FAQ

-.non.-
  • blo0dyyay
    edited December 2008
    SPACE 2 for CLERIC
  • blo0dyyay
    edited December 2008
    SPACE 3 for ARCHER
  • blo0dyyay
    edited December 2008
    SPACE 4 for BARBARIAN
  • blo0dyyay
    edited December 2008
    -COMMING SOON-

[6.0] Venomacers
    [6.1] lvl 30
    [6.2] lvl 39
    [6.3] lvl (49-51)
    [6.4] lvl 59
    [6.5] lvl 89
    [SLOTVENOM] FAQ

[7.0] END

Hope you enjoyed my guide, any tips changes questions etc feel free to post

[7.1] General FAQ

-nothing asked yet-

[7.2] Helpfull sites

http://janelh.wikidot.com/plants-and-minerals
    http://asiapworld.com/pw/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=18&Itemid=33
    http://pw.rob-soft.com/m1in.php

[7.3] tips

Slow skills are usefull to make sure people dont flee, so when they are low on hp make sure you can prest a slow skill befour they start hiding in safe zone and start up a flame war

Crafted pills are an usefull weapon in pk/pvp, such as heal pills which do 2k-4k hp over time to speed pills and damage absorbing pills

Think the enemy is too strong for you? when you got a jump on your enemy your always 1 step ahead, but never underestimate your enemy tough

When you got several enemys agains eachother, take dont the clerics first followed by mages and venomacers, let magical classes kill the archers and take down barbarians as last

[7.4] credits

StrangeScar - Lost City for writing this guide =] (yes thats me)
    Dtone - Sanctuary (http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=95192) for the correct names of skills (MY-INT)
  • Nayiro - Sanctuary
    Nayiro - Sanctuary Posts: 1,275 Arc User
    edited December 2008
    For your PvP axes, it would be wiser to cap vit at 50 and then put a 3str/2dex stats. Reason being if you have low dex (like 30ish~) you will probably lose to sword and spear BMs due to their dex being much higher, and you will probably hardly ever hit an archer.

Just my 2 cents, but of course, im in a PvE server and know nothing about PvP :3
    Back.
  • blo0dyyay
    edited December 2008
    Well, i putted the dex at the start to 34 for a reason, and this guide is also based to the pvping later on when you get +50% acc rings =] and fawlless shards with Acc+ on CS axes (lvl 70 axes)