running away in pvp is not noob

Options
2»

Comments

• n0ob
    n0ob Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Before you added your IGN, I would've asked whether or not your name is noob and the person chasing your had the grammatical skills of a five year old...b:shutup
    I read and re-read your post a dozen times, sorry but it never made any sense to me.
    gtfo from this section please, PVE carebear.

QFT, troll.
    I was going to post a reply... then I realized, you would likely reply in anger and insult me, to which I'd most likely respond with a wittier comment or slay you with a macro and then, onlookers, seeing that comments had been made, would interpret the traffic as interest, thus earning you attention you don't deserve for your **** post. So, when you DON'T see a comment from me, THAT is me saying "FAIL" in a much more effective manner.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • bronza
    bronza Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will fight without danger in battles.
    If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
    If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.

Chinese Proverb from the Art of War I believe.

Basically if you start the fight and a getting your butt kicked you deserve it and man up you started it. But if you were truly good you could look at a situation and know if you should start something or not.

Conversely if you are attacked and you see you can not win it would be wise to run.

To be a great warrior is to survive. And sometimes running is the best means of survival until you are stronger, or you didn't know your enemies skills when they attacked but you ran and no see what they are capable of doing and can act accordingly.

any ways thats my two cents it ain't wrong unless your a moron that likes to pick fights and then sees your bested and can't man up and runs off.
  • capman
    capman Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    I like how people are stuck on this thing called "honor."

Whether you're in a PVE or PVP server, survival should be key.

I play on a PVE server. When I'm questing, I'm in blue. When I have no quests, I hunt for people in PK mode who are dumb enough to be questing. I do things on my terms.

I'm sure this will make the PVP server crowd think less of me, but that's fine. I'm a carebear, or whatever you people call us. I want to survive and I want you to hate me on this game.

My only joy is taking the joy of playing from others by PKing them. If I attempt to kill you and can't and see that I'm in over my head, I'm going to run away. You and your 15 60+ buddies can all chase me and wait outside of town while I teleport somewhere else to kill another victim.

Honor. Pfft. PW is a game and should be treated as such.
  • Loontjuh - Sanctuary
    Loontjuh - Sanctuary Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    capman wrote: »
    My only joy is taking the joy of playing from others by PKing them. If I attempt to kill you and can't and see that I'm in over my head, I'm going to run away. You and your 15 60+ buddies can all chase me and wait outside of town while I teleport somewhere else to kill another victim.

Honor. Pfft. PW is a game and should be treated as such.

Well your just sick i guess if you only have joy when harasing others b:bye
  • Albione - Lost City
    Albione - Lost City Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    i dont think its noob

i once had this barb pull up next to me while i did not have my pet out, and was picking up a herb, and started slashing at me. By the time i knew what was going on i was down to roughly a bit more than half hp, if i tried to take pet out i would die before that, regen from pots wouldnt help vs some1 that judging by his weapon, is roughly 10 lvls above mine, im a veno and fragile....... so ya, i ran. Managed to escape by jumping in the water nearby, swiming mastery and summer sprint ftw. I much rather be called a coward and a noob than getting killed, and the one who goes out in a big party to pk ppl 10 lvls below them sounds more cowardly to me than the 1 running from them
  • Garcher - Lost City
    Garcher - Lost City Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Usually whenever I get attacked, I'm killing a mob. I just fly and let the person chase me. Since I lvl flight mastery, I usually out fly most people. Then I loop around and go back and fight depending upon how much damage the person can do. That way I get put in the advantage.
  • mrdementia
    mrdementia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Of course, it never hurts to simply be annoying if the situation calls for it. May seem noob, but if the opposing party deserves a slap across the face, I'd find no fault in giving them one. Though, running like a madman immediately afterwards wouldnt be a bad thing to do, especially if you're outgunned or outnumbered. So.. watch your backs, and If you see a crazed user with an angry mob chasing behind him.. uh.. get out of the way. Just a little heads up. XD
  • vuexiong
    vuexiong Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Spending half an hour trying to land a hit on someone ten levels below you is... [BLANK].
    Hey help me when I got there please!!
  • drakonthedragon
    drakonthedragon Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    If your going to bail from some mook who randomly attacke for gits and shiggles...at least do it with style. Im veno...so I take the time to desummon my pet, wave and then town port after laughing at them and saying good bye....

Never just run away...at least show em your not scared of them before leaving.
  • rild
    rild Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    I remember back on another game, WoW to be exact. I saw two lvl 70's attack a lvl 60. The two lvl 70's got ran off by the lvl 60.

So, it was noobish for two max level characters to be driven off by a lvl 60
  • Evoken - Heavens Tear
    Evoken - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    bronza wrote: »
    So it is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will fight without danger in battles.
    If you only know yourself, but not your opponent, you may win or may lose.
    If you know neither yourself nor your enemy, you will always endanger yourself.

Chinese Proverb from the Art of War I believe.

Basically if you start the fight and a getting your butt kicked you deserve it and man up you started it. But if you were truly good you could look at a situation and know if you should start something or not.

Conversely if you are attacked and you see you can not win it would be wise to run.

To be a great warrior is to survive. And sometimes running is the best means of survival until you are stronger, or you didn't know your enemies skills when they attacked but you ran and no see what they are capable of doing and can act accordingly.

any ways thats my two cents it ain't wrong unless your a moron that likes to pick fights and then sees your bested and can't man up and runs off.

this is just a game
    -_-
    No matter how strong, for a human to fight a monster means he has submerged his humanity and transformed himself into a greater monster - Berserk

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

myspace.com/divinedoppleganger
  • rild
    rild Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    this is just a game
    -_-

What he said still made sense.