Help me with my build 49 int wiz

Options
Jebbediah - Lost City
Jebbediah - Lost City Posts: 126 Arc User
edited November 2008 in Arigora Colosseum
Im 49 with 200 int 35 vit and 27 str no dex.good weapons and armor with about 1800 hp

I curently have 300k spirit and 1m to burn on spells.

which spells should i get? i have the option for 3 new aoe spells and a stun spell.My pyro and divine and my gush are maxed as much as they can go.

Im also kinda a loner with my wife and it's getting hard to level so im told me need to go aoe.which spells should i go for and how should i use them where?

Any advise from any 80+ mages will be takan to heart as this is our first version of perfect world we've ever played.

Any other advise you want to pass on would be greatly appreciated and most likly used.

Ty for your time and trouble
Post edited by Jebbediah - Lost City on

Comments

• Astoru - Heavens Tear
    Astoru - Heavens Tear Posts: 822 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    For your lvl, I'd say to be more concerned with getting your masteries up rather than going for AoE's.

As for the AoE's, get Emberstorm only so that you can get Blade Tempest later on. DO NOT LEVEL EMBERSTORM UP. It's a terrible AoE, and not really useful for high intensity situations. The best AoE's that don't require sparks will be Hailstorm and Will of the Phoenix.

And though it might be getting hard to level in the 50's range, it starts to get easier once you get into the 60's; that's when people will start taking you into Zhen parties. While I could go into a lengthy explanation on how it works, I'll just say to get your Dragons Breath to lvl 5 or more; you'll need it.
    ●Wizard (Male) - Fasditious and pretentious, carries the arrogance of intellectual superiority. Feels the need to remind everyone of his world-ending power, but grows a little manic and unhinged when he finally is allowed to unleash it. "Ahh-hahahahaha!! NOW YOU ALL BURN!!!!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    For your lvl, I'd say to be more concerned with getting your masteries up rather than going for AoE's.

As for the AoE's, get Emberstorm only so that you can get Blade Tempest later on. DO NOT LEVEL EMBERSTORM UP. It's a terrible AoE, and not really useful for high intensity situations. The best AoE's that don't require sparks will be Hailstorm and Will of the Phoenix.

And though it might be getting hard to level in the 50's range, it starts to get easier once you get into the 60's; that's when people will start taking you into Zhen parties. While I could go into a lengthy explanation on how it works, I'll just say to get your Dragons Breath to lvl 5 or more; you'll need it.

The original poster meant Zhen, I believe, when he said "aoe". "AoE" was the Delphi term for it.

... Anyways, level sandstorm, phoenix, rock fall, and your shields. Glacial Snare is also fairly nice.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • Jebbediah - Lost City
    Jebbediah - Lost City Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Thank you for your idea's keep em coming
  • Neoxtemplar - Lost City
    Neoxtemplar - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited November 2008
    Options
    Since you have so much spare sp:
    1. get level 1 force of will ->versatile (gives a little breather for your cooldowns when already under attack but does not let you move so useless in such times as kiting)
    2. max your earth barrier, which is the most recommended on a pvp server for the damage reduction that a robed mage seriously needs
    or level your distance shrink, which I personally enjoy more since it allows you to pretty much kite any melee class once you take to the air while making traveling easier

Being on a pvp server, I assume that you are more pvp oriented.
    Leveling your masteries should NOT be a priority over survival skills.