Okay, I'm confused...>.>

miniver
miniver Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Arigora Colosseum
Before I try the game, I'm trying to find out how pvp works.
One thread says if your name is blue other players can't attack you, while other threads say other players can attack you no matter what as long as you're level 30 or above...if I don't want to be ganked by a bored high leveled character when I'm beginning (note; pvp is fine with me, I just don't like it when it's not an even match) what should I do?
Post edited by miniver on

Comments

• Damnheadshot - Lost City
    Damnheadshot - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    On the PVP server you have to be +30 to PVP. Once you hit 30 you lose your blue status and are fair game - anyone above 30 can kill you, you can kill anyone above 30.

Much higher levels PK'ing far lower levels - too bad - you have to deal with it.
    Where is the rush of being attacked by a PK gang, them looking you over and then patting you on the back and saying - "no worries lad - on your way........."

On the PVE server you have to turn on PVP mode using the shield icon on your minimap - then you will be able to fight others who also have turned on PVP mode.
  • markillian
    markillian Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    in case its not clear, adding on to what Damnheadshot said, when you're on the PvE server and you haven't turned on PvP your name is blue, then once you turn PvP on your name turns white.
  • callam
    callam Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    miniver wrote: »
    ...if I don't want to be ganked by a bored high leveled character when I'm beginning (note; pvp is fine with me, I just don't like it when it's not an even match) what should I do?

If you don't feel like being ganked, then I suggest you play on the Heaven's Tear/ Sanctuary Servers, because being ganked is one of the main things to deal with if your in Lost City server, it's unavoidable.

Me being a Cleric, whilst working up the levels...the closer I got to 30, I kept thinking to myself..."Have I made a mistake choosing this server?"...and I seriously considered choosing PvE, because ALOT of Cleric builds have practically no physical defence whatsoever.

After reching 30 though, I realised I made a mistake thinking those earlier thoughts, because it's a thrill trying to survive, and dependng on the class trying to kill you, owning THEM.

Alot of the time though, ganking only happens to Pink Names and above, who are foolishly AFK'ing in a none safe zone.

Enough waffle about myself though, I reccommend you choose what you feel is best for you...If you enjoy PvP, choose Lost City, if not...choose Heaven's Tear/ Sanctuary.
    IGN: Deimos
    Faction: Modo
    Level: 2X
    Server: East, untill OB when I'll switch to EU
    Guild: None for the moment.
  • miniver
    miniver Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Okay, thanks for confirming things guys.
    AND for telling me which server is which.
    I probably will try pvp eventually, just not yet.