Is it worth it?

Options
cavistus
cavistus Posts: 1 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Arigora Colosseum
So yeah, I'm super new to this game and I REALLY regretted not choosing PvP in my previous MMO's because I discovered I love PvP.

HOWEVER, they didn't have this death penalty ******** in previous MMO's I have played.

Is it worth the PvP and fighting experience if I'm going to lose items and experience every time I get killed by players? I find that being defeated by another player is enough punishment in itself, to be honest. I don't like the idea of losing items that I worked my **** off to get, but I also don't like PvE servers where the only thing I do is grind.

As I said, I don't know the mechanics of the game that well yet, but I'm asking the PvPers of Perfect World: Are PvP servers worth choosing what with the item loss or am I just misunderstood and it's actually not all that bad?

PS: I also have absolutely no plan to pay real money for in-game benefits, so the cash shop is out of the question, although I've told some of the items there are needed in order to even enjoy the PvP experience... I still dunno, could some of you fill me in?

Many thanks!
Post edited by cavistus on

Comments

• cyanr
    cyanr Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    My apologies if this may cause a ruckus.

If you are indeed new to the PW game, then you might want to consider playing the games mechanics, such as learning the high beneficial rate of the characters or what is their main potential and weakness. Clearly, the people in the PvE servers have already matured to play from the PvP area, knowing all the aspects of the game.

This making them more adaptable for that kind of environment. But the penalties are just. Pretty much fair for its purpose, considering that most PvP players already have gone through playing the PvE servers before venturing in that type of field.

But then again, its your choice to make a step in this ;)
    Human intelligence, personifies human incompetence.
    Inarguably, pessimistic, lost caged instinct euphoria.
    Thee who see without knowing, the vague sentence.
  • evrilysis
    evrilysis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    A game without PK penalties?

Sounds boring.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • markillian
    markillian Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    The penalties are not that severe (unless you pk often you have a very low chance of dropping stuff). PVE servers are in general more laid back with many more casual players and PVP servers are generally populated with the more "hardcore" players.
  • Jaso - Heavens Tear
    Jaso - Heavens Tear Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    So is a pvp server the equivalent of me beating you up and stealing your wallet? I have never been like that in RL, why would I want to do that where I unwind? I don't play on a pvp server for the simple fact that i like to treat people how i like to be treated. I don't want you taking my stuff, so I won't take yours. If we go to war(TW) I will give you the beatdown of a lifetime, but all is fair in love and war, or so i have been told. Hey if you are attacking people that are the same level as you or higher, then you aren't a bully. If you only attack people 5 or fewer levels than you, then you are. Plain and simple. Cowards are the only people who hear someone say. "Pick on someone your own level."