PvP Penalties

Options
Ibiki - Lost City
Ibiki - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Arigora Colosseum
Hello everybody, I have started a little over a week ago, read a LOT on the forums, played a lot ( in my standards anyway ), etc. etc.

But there are still a few questions I haven't really found an answer too.

PvP:

- Do you get a pink/red name for killing a white-named player ? I mean landing the first hit and starting an actual fight, not killing a person who is afk.

- Does the same rules apply in TW ? Do you still get a pink/red name for killing persons who don't fight back, I mean under certain circumstances like AoE dmg, ranged dmg, ... sometimes the person doesn't have time to react or is fighting another person.

Imho, I know I'm still a newbie, but the penalty system isn't really necesarry on a PvP server IMHO !

Please discuss this statement with me and why you feel that it is necesarry.

Ps: Don't make this thread a flaming battlezone. If you want to flame me for my newbishness or ignorance, do it in-game.

Pps: I'm sorry if this post isn't really understandable or if my english grammer/spelling has some flaws in it. I'm not english or american so it's understandable that I sometimes **** up.

- 1st post ever on this forum. -
Post edited by Ibiki - Lost City on

Comments

• Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    In Pking you get a pink name for attacking another player. This doesnt last very long and you can only sometimes drop inventory items. If you kill a red name person or a pink name person you stay white. If you kill a white name (ie. he doesnt attack back) you get 2 hours of red per kill. So its best to let them attack you once before you kill them unless you want a red name. In territory wars there is no pk penalty. If you are the attacking guild ur name is red and if ur the defending guild your name is blue. These are just so you can differentiate guilds. You dont lose exp, items or get pk penalties in tw.
  • Ibiki - Lost City
    Ibiki - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    Options
    Ok, thank you for the clarifications.

That's all I needed to know.