Bounty Service

godcrusher
godcrusher Posts: 0 Arc User
edited October 2008 in Arigora Colosseum
Don't know if the game has it but maybe we can start a section with bounties. For example I would request the death of someone. Bounty Hunters would do the job regardless why, and the job giver would accept it regardless how. As for transition the job giver if to not pay the price he offered would probably be PKed and given a bad reputation. Gives higher levels a way to earn extra cash, and some protection to more wealthier low levels?
Post edited by godcrusher on

Comments

• ishtori
    ishtori Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Putting in a system is a good idea to balance out the PK or for revenge on someone too much higher level than you.

However, I don't see the dev. doing this lol. Too many issues, plus this system works best when there are NPC assassins that take the job. However, the amount of bounty is too dependent on game economy that making it alot of work to balance out.

The chance of this happening is quite slim.
  • godcrusher
    edited August 2008
    I never meant adding it into game, I meant manually. For example lets say I made a new topic...

Title: [Bounty]"Name" "Payment" or [Bounty]Ambition 10,000,000
    Thread: I want Ambition dead in any way, PM me a screenshot of him killed in a PK map and the reward is yours.

(But there can be corruptions...)

It's like a whole new player made business. Soon we'll have corrupted hunters, famous hunters, bounty hunting guilds, hitmen, etc.
  • drfaust
    drfaust Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    wouldnt it also turn out that some one will ask Ambition if they can kill him in return for say 50% of the bounty? Ambition and the bountyhunter both get rich off a staged kill, and the poster loses alot of money. It would be different if it was say maybe kill Ambition when hes red and loot his equiptments or maybe kill him enough to lose significant amounts of xp i think.
  • haiz
    haiz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    You should have a bounty put on your head for suggesting this idea.
  • ren
    ren Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    If anyone posted bounties on me I'd have a friend kill me lol. Anyone smart would do that really. Free $$$.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • godcrusher
    edited August 2008
    haiz: Go ahead, I'm lv11 rofl
    That's why I added corrupted hunters. Obviously it would be up to the poster. That's how reputations and trust will start. Too many negativity guys ;9
  • delux
    delux Posts: 233 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    It's never worked before in a PVP server for a reason. Easy cheating, blah blah, plus no single bounty hunter is going to go after someone in a guild. He'll last 5 mins after his first kill, probably not long enough to collect his rewards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • godcrusher
    edited August 2008
    Bounty Groups?

I've played a pserver of Priston tale, really populated. They had this bounty service. It was usually the 2 opposing guilds going against each other. I mean like. It won't be just 1 person. It'll be a mob trying to get the kill. Also you can't protect them forever.
  • madhukar
    madhukar Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    i dunno about a bounty system, but a wager system seems like a good idea, like beofre battle the players decide on putting money, items(even XP...) at stake..and the winner takes all..we can even have ppl betting on the battle...
    Sorry if i sounded stupid
    Madhukar ^.^
  • l0ki
    l0ki Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Bounty hunter servicE?! O.O well..... If it works out on the real world why wouldn't it work on a game. XD
  • rickjames
    rickjames Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Bears care nothing for money.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • severan
    severan Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    put a bounty on my head and i'll pk myself with my 2nd character and claim the reward ;) i'll be rich in no time
    Sever: Lost City
    Making players RageQuit since 2004

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Hello, You have reached Severan on The RQ carebear's automated phone system
    To tell me I've got no life and I live in my mom's basement, press 1. To tell me that you are logging on your level 90 character to kick the **** out of me, press 2. To tell me that your friend is a GM and you're getting me banned, press 3. To tell me RQ is going to fail and talk more **** about RunQuick press 4. If none of these options fit your need please hold the line for idiot assistance, they will be with you shortly...
  • freaqo
    freaqo Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I kill Ambition for free.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    IGN: Whiteout
    Clan: RageQuit, if you can't beat 'em, join 'em!
    Level: Lower than you
    Related to: Blackout (husband)
  • allcars15
    allcars15 Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    I got it. There should be a npc that you can talk to if you have a request for a bounty you offer a bit of experience and money for a reward for killing that player. People that love pvp will come in pick up the quest for kill loserjim. (when Loserjim dies from the player with the bounty quest for him they need to drop their head)the bounty hunter then needs to return to the npc. The reward is given, and the player who placed the bounty gets the head. Then you know somebody did the job correctly.

When you have somebodies head you should be able to use it as a sort of debuff item on the player in this case loserjim. (so they loose a % of hp for a given amount of time so and dying shouldn't get rid of this debuff, It doesn't have to be hp loss it can be dmg reduction or something that will be annoying) After using the head, it disapears and you can go and place another bounty on them tomorrow. A player should be able to place bounties on multiple people in a day but just not the same one.

So the player can place a bounty on me and you and everybody he sees fit, but only once a day.
  • esy
    esy Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    From an RP prespective the concept is solid, the mechanics to posting a bounty and such would have to be worked out. More than likely Posting a bounty on the forums would be a BAD idea and lead to much corruption and "cheating the system" Which leads me to believe it would have to be done all in game and in Character. Someone taking the job of "bounty officer" and collecting the data on the bountys, and then Other bounty hunters going to them for the info and mabye having a small "buy in fee" for the info.

Just my thoughts. Also an added note, with the current system there is not really a way to "confirm" kill on said target, Sure you could post a screeny but that kinda goes against my RP concept behind my theory.
  • godcrusher
    edited September 2008
    There can be middle man, I don't like the NPC idea. I just wnat a solid player made market and business. Plus people that kind of cheat and such would be blacklisted.
  • coldash
    coldash Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    you can't catch cheaters, with this system. People will just let their friends pk them, or even worse people would 5-6 v 1 and split thee reward you have absolutely no idea what kinds of problems you would create just because you aren't strong enough to kill someone with your own strength. instead of wasting money on a bounty buy a exp scroll or two a hiero and level until you can fight your own battles. thx.
    IGN: Drizztina
    Main Class : Venomancer
    Faction: RageQuit
  • Starcast - Lost City
    Starcast - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2008
    I've been working this out and I think I have a way it would work. In this game the only bad thing about being pked is the disruption and the chance of dropping items.

If there was a guild set up for being pkers for money, they could charge a certain amount for pking a player for a certain amount of time, say 100k a week, 1mil for a whole guild, something like that. All members of the guild would be required to attempt to pk the target whenever sighted, making it very difficult for the target to get any leveling done. Also, any items that the target drops would go to the player who took out the contract, making it potentially profitable for both sides.

The fact that it would be run through a guild would eliminate people creating alternate characters just to take the money themselves, and with enough people would seriously decrease the targets ability to level if they are being targeted by an entire guild whenever outside the safe zones.