What is PK? Also, mage?

killface
killface Posts: 1 Arc User
edited September 2008 in Arigora Colosseum
I am downloading the game now.

I love playing a mage class, i read some think rangers are better. I do need the best class just want to know if the mage is good and not total doo doo.

I just through AoC in the trash..yay
Post edited by killface on

Comments

• fayted
    fayted Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    PK is Player Kill. Basically, players can attack and kill other players.

As for Wizard, I'm not proficient in class pros and cons, so someone else can help you with that.
  • mystic
    mystic Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Mage is widely believed to be the "worst" class in the game. Most players believe a mage is just a squishier, weaker archer.

I disagree, but that's the common consensus.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Selfish blood runs through my veins. I gave up everything for fame.

Pandora - 8X Mage - Lost City (PvP - The only server worth playing.)
  • mithrand
    mithrand Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Hey mystic, first off, just wanted to say that I was a fan of Ambition in the my-server and your videos. Anyways, I'm currently lvl 18 and getting pwned hard by blademasters around my level or a bit higher. Their flying spear attack are just too insane and I am quite squishy. Whats up with that? Obviously I'm sticking with wizard because I like the challenge... its just that is any future for a pvp enthusiast with this class?
  • Ara - Lost City
    Ara - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    don't worry, wizards will start shining 60+ or 70+ and will be darn usefull in group pvp due to their extremely high damage output, even AoE damage
  • sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Mages are the highest damage in the game, even the videos made my the PWI dev team state that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
  • mystic
    edited September 2008
    mithrand wrote: »
    Hey mystic, first off, just wanted to say that I was a fan of Ambition in the my-server and your videos. Anyways, I'm currently lvl 18 and getting pwned hard by blademasters around my level or a bit higher. Their flying spear attack are just too insane and I am quite squishy. Whats up with that? Obviously I'm sticking with wizard because I like the challenge... its just that is any future for a pvp enthusiast with this class?

I feel that there is. I love this class and I am going to stick with it, but most people would disagree and say that a guild should only have a couple of mages for AoE parties and nothing more.

I highly reccomend rolling light armor mage if you want to PVP. I'm going to be wearing light armor in a few levels.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• sikozu
    sikozu Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    mystic wrote: »
    I highly reccomend rolling light armor mage if you want to PVP. I'm going to be wearing light armor in a few levels.

I second that motion! you don't want to wear robe in pvp x.X that's a means to die very very fast lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ★ :Sikozu :: Venomancer: ★ :Nebira :: Cleric: ★
  • russel
    russel Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    Even at 6x and 7x a mage isn't all that.
    Their casting speed takes longest of all magical classes, they have the most damage though.
    But 1 on 1 a mage loses to other magical classes cuz an EP has physical attack and a WF has a pet that can do physical damage.

In later levels though a mage can 1 shot ppl. But I'm not sure if a mage is a PVP powerhouse, maybe after 9x since my friend's MG is still 8x I haven't seen the MG's power at 9x, heard stories it gets a lot stronger by 9x but never witnessed. By his level he can take on a lot of classes but his weakness is still his defence. He wears robe BTW, pure INT robe.......
  • mystic
    edited September 2008
    russel wrote: »
    He wears robe BTW, pure INT robe.......

Shouldn't be PVPing then.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Dulcely - Heavens Tear
    Dulcely - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    killface wrote: »
    I am downloading the game now.

I love playing a mage class, i read some think rangers are better. I do need the best class just want to know if the mage is good and not total doo doo.

I just through AoC in the trash..yay

You going love Mages in Town Wars and Pk now you get pwn by blade master just wait till you get higher and have a nice gear they will hit you btw 300 and 500 while you hit then 2k plus.
  • russel
    russel Posts: 78 Arc User
    edited September 2008
    mystic wrote: »
    Shouldn't be PVPing then.

He is not hardcore PVPing, sometimes she attacks ppl who attack guildmates.
    When a mage is low level a light armour might be profitable, but when you're higher level a robe is recommended. A Mage is all about firepower.
    Just wanted to tell OP not to expect to dominate with his mage until endgame. Before that a mage is 1 on 1 one of the weakest class.