Do dolls negate pvp penalty?

Options
jdz8
jdz8 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2008 in Arigora Colosseum
From what I've read on the forums, cash shop dolls prevent item loss when dying.

So the question is: do cash shop dolls prevent you from dropping items even when you're RED named?

I believe that if you're out to pk and get red-named, you should be willing to accept an increased risk of losing items (Kill and Loot FTW).
No cash shop or in-game item should negate this self-induced risk.
Post edited by jdz8 on

Comments

• hypnos
    hypnos Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    No, it will just prevent the loss of items when dying. You will still become red named.
  • haiz
    haiz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Thats why Perfect World is such a profitable game. Dolls make lots of money.

Another way to get around it is to instead just bind all of your equipment (would take 11 or 12 zen I forgot) and keep a clean inventory. You could go red without dolls and not drop anything that way as well.
  • embl3m
    embl3m Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Dolls make it so you cant drop your stuff when you're red name.
  • jdz8
    jdz8 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    So dolls keep you from dropping stuff even if you're red named... :mad:

Then there's pretty much no reward to a free PvP server other than to tick people off by costing them time or real life money.
    (That is I'm guessing I can expect active pkers with red names to have dolls.)
    This PvP system is horrible, might as well stick to dueling although there is no rush of surprising or getting surprised.

I guess I'll be going to PvE server now. :(
    At least in PvE there will actually be a challenge more often than not when I find a person to pk.
    -If a person willingly chooses to turn on pk, that the person would hopefully have enough common sense to be prepared for pk.

Plus, I like the idea of safely getting to a decent lvl and gear without getting pwned by high lvls with ego issues.
  • evrilysis
    evrilysis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    You do realize that you can duel in both servers right?

And when you do happen to find the rare person with pk on, (I mean, why would you play pve and turn on pk?) it doesn't mean that they won't have dolls. In fact, it's more likely that they will have dolls. People aren't going to unwittingly switch out of safe mode for **** and giggles. And as for being prepared for pk, that would be buying dolls or binding items, no?

In all honesty, randy pks hardly occur at all. Most people have better things to do than pk the random downie. There's next to no satisfaction gained.

Just my point of view on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • matthew
    matthew Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    evrilysis wrote: »
    You do realize that you can duel in both servers right?

And when you do happen to find the rare person with pk on, (I mean, why would you play pve and turn on pk?) it doesn't mean that they won't have dolls. In fact, it's more likely that they will have dolls. People aren't going to unwittingly switch out of safe mode for **** and giggles. And as for being prepared for pk, that would be buying dolls or binding items, no?

In all honesty, randy pks hardly occur at all. Most people have better things to do than pk the random downie. There's next to no satisfaction gained.

Just my point of view on it.

You play a pve server so you can be prepared for open pk, and not be griefed. That way you can get buffed, grab some dolls, and engage in consensual pk with people and not feel like being a scumbag for ruining someones game experience that is not interested in pking.
  • evrilysis
    evrilysis Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    In my opinion, that's no fun.

How is your idea of "pk" any different from a duel?

The discussion was about dolls affecting pk. There would be no difference if you stocked up on dolls in either ser ver.

The whole concept of pk is being able to do it anywhere, at any time. You're supposed to be prepared to be pked or to pk. Getting to a high level, buying dolls, getting buffed and then asking a friend to take off safe mode with you is the same thing as a duel, is it not?

The whole reason the pve server was implemented was so that people who do not enjoy pking won't have to do it. Which means there will rarely be "open pk" at higher levels if any at all.

You choose pvp server if you want to pk.

You choose pve server if you don't want to pk.

You don't roll on the pve server if you want to pk.

It's as simple as that.

As for randy pk, it hardly happens. And as you're implying that you don't like randy pk, it shouldn't affect you. You wouldn't be doing it if you didn't like it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • matthew
    matthew Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Options
    Yeah, to a lot of pkers, rolling on an optional pk server is no fun, because they can't kill carebears, they can only pk people that wish it and are flagged. That is no longer the case here with pk and optional pk servers. You see, with this setup, you still are only able to kill people that are wanting to be involved in pk. You can pk anytime anywhere(outside of safe zone) on both servers, the only difference is people that do not wish to be involved with pk can be protected to enjoy their game on optional pk server.

I enjoy pk, I just find it hard to pk people on pw-my servers, for instance, because there are only two pvp servers, and I don't want to possibly ruin someone's game experience, because the hosters decided to force everyone into pk. But, on an optional server, I know if they are flagged they don't mind dying. No, you are mistaken, the whole point of optional-pk server is to have the option to be protected at times if need be, not because you don't enjoy pk.

I'm not going to ask anyone to take off safe mode and duel me, I will look for others flagged to pk with, same as other games with optional-pk servers, which, if you have played them, have plenty of people flagged for pk. This pk is different then a duel because hierograms and dolls are involved, which are not in duel, not to mention surprising someone and ganking them.

There is a difference about the dolls. Usually I don't carry dolls, I just get a res from a cleric if i die by mobs which is really rare. However, on an open pk server someone is able to kill you while you are busy griding and forcing you to eat a loss of a doll every time if you carry them. Which after a while gets to be kind of old, as it doesn't take much to kill someone in this game if you get the drop on them.

As far as random pk hardly happens. I'm not sure if you have played this game before. I certainly hope you don't roll in the pvp servers thinking random pk hardly ever happens