Basic guide to heavy armor caster fox

faruxue
faruxue Posts: 243 Arc User
edited August 2008 in Venomancer
you know what, nevermind. Since some people are so close minded to insist that heavy armor casters must have low mdef and refuse to accept minor improvisions to improve their build. My examples to them are worthless, therefore this guide is also worthless.
This is for the benefit of people who are oblivious to the fact that you can have high damage and high defense at the same time, and also believe that heavy armor foxes cannot use high level weapons, and subject to use low level weapons to deal abyssmal melee damage to your opponents.
ULTIMATE TOPIC:
See 3 RQ get owned by 1 WB
copy and paste onto your web link
pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=33421
Post edited by faruxue on

Comments

• faruxue
    edited August 2008
    reserved~~~~~~
    ULTIMATE TOPIC:
  • kitsunee
    kitsunee Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    I don't get why it's a heavy caster fox when you can clearly wear mages gear too, & , I'm assuming you do?

BTW you dark fox or went heven? Sorry for off topic...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • senovit
    senovit Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Daimon Berserk = hell.

And.. it's a heavy caster because he primarily plays in mage form, while wearing heavy armor =p. I guess you call it dual armor.

Anyway.. you have some pretty insane stat adding items :X
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kitsunee
    edited August 2008
    Well there's sometimes when it'd benefit wearing caster gear and so I'd say this build only benefiting from half its potential if he always play mix heavy. Just my opinion, nice gear tho like he said :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • faruxue
    edited August 2008
    kitsunee wrote: »
    Well there's sometimes when it'd benefit wearing caster gear and so I'd say this build only benefiting from half its potential if he always play mix heavy. Just my opinion, nice gear tho like he said :D

I dont get what you're saying...

The only reason to go heavy is to improve survivability, it's mostly the int/con WFs that go for cast items.

1 major misconception is that many people think if you're wearing heavy armor then you cant use high level mage gears.
    That is wrong, as long as you're willing to sacrifice more CON points into INT to wield the latest magic weapon, you can use any mage gear that is around your level.
    This build is a compromise between a killer and tanker, pure INT caster and pure heavy melee attacker. Therefore it has very nice survival rate and still has decent damage.
    ULTIMATE TOPIC:
  • kitsunee
    edited August 2008
    Well i dunno about end game but up until 50+ it benefits you to change to mage gear in duals vs MG etc,,, and if u go INT rather than CON you can make nice dmg in mages gear as well.

I just meant ur build looks like a bad hybrid tbh not a heavy armor caster, although you pointing out benefits to the heavy/mix outfitting it'd actually be better to wear full heavy OR full mage gear should the occasion suit but I'm assuming you can't do neither as you got gimped str and never bothered upping any caster gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • faruxue
    edited August 2008
    Sure wear full heavy if you dont mind getting **** by magic, your mdef would be around 3k lol.
    1 Great cyclone from average EP will take about 2k HP from you, dont get me started about thunder wield and nukes from an MG.
    You dont understand that if you have enough INT to wear lvl 90 weapon, you can basically wear any mage armor in the game.
    I would like to see you pull off 10k pdef with 6k mdef to compliment it, along with nice HP.
    ULTIMATE TOPIC:
  • kitsunee
    edited August 2008
    This is a basic guide for 'heavy armor caster' but this guide its for a hybrid. Ppl think tht full heavy armor fox cn't use highest lvl int gear and they cn't, it's only if your a hybrid, is all I'm saying.

You should change thread title to something a little less misleading...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • faruxue
    edited August 2008
    Who says i cant use full heavy and high level mage weapon at same time? am i not using a luan?
    who says heavy armor casters are restricted to using full heavy?

you know what, nevermind. Since some people are so close minded to insist that heavy armor users casters must have low mdef and refuse to accept minor improvisions to improve their build. My examples to them are worthless, therefore this guide is also worthless.
    This is for the benefit of people who are oblivious to the fact that you can have high damage and high defense at the same time, and also believe that heavy armor foxes cannot use high level weapons, and subject to use low level weapons to deal abyssmal melee damage to your opponents.
    ULTIMATE TOPIC:
  • kitsunee
    edited August 2008
    Hey calm down, I have exactly the same build as you just not as nice gear, or as high lvl ;p

I like this best way to play WF but I enjoy being able to switch to full mage gear too. Today I got my magic tank out and put on my casters gear and took a caster boss, I wouldn't have been able to do it in mix or heavy gear as I tried before and failed bad. The only problem is if I keep my INT going up each lvl as I currently am, soon I will be a few ranks behind in my heavy armor, it's catch 22 ;p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]