Regarding PvP

sirquake
sirquake Posts: 3 Arc User
edited August 2008 in Arigora Colosseum
Is it forced PvP or can one play the game without PvP?
Post edited by sirquake on

Comments

• ark
    ark Posts: 1,635 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    You don't have to kill people, but you should definitely prepare to be killed.
    As a Guild,

Live as One, fight as One, win as One.
    Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • littlelove
    littlelove Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    is there an option tat allows me to reject to a pvp?
  • ark
    edited July 2008
    If you were playing on the Phillipeans servers, there would be. What will happen here is not yet confirmed, though. I suspect that there will be this option on one server, and free pk on the other(s).
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • zephyr
    zephyr Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    No, the PvP is worldwide, and cant be rejected.

However, you can first PK (And get PK'd) when you become level 30. If you kill someone who doesnt attack back, you'll increase your chance of dropping items on death.
    Further there's no exp loss when dieing, so its not really a big deal, unless of course, you love your huge e-****.
  • littlelove
    littlelove Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    I read from PH server about PK system:
    Players who have just logged in can change their automatic PK-Enabled status to PK-Protected. However, if they switch to PK-Enabled again afterwards, they must remain in PK-Enabled mode for 10 online hours before being able to change back to PK-Protected. (Logging out and logging in after enabling the 10-hour timer does not reset it to the automatic PK-Enabled status)

so does tat mean even after level 30 I should have the option of changing to pk-protected?
  • ark
    edited July 2008
    littlelove wrote: »
    I read from PH server about PK system:

so does tat mean even after level 30 I should have the option of changing to pk-protected?

If the server has this function, yes. In the Malaysian version, this was taken out to promote pk. In the Chinese version, there were servers for both playstyles. Personally, I prefer not to have this as PK is pretty fun.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • caribbean
    caribbean Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    I hope there's a channel just to PK(where you do lose items/exp) and that you don't lose exp/items in the arena.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Caribbean is a cold blooded reptilian like an amphibian.
  • wabbitt
    wabbitt Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    ark wrote: »
    If the server has this function, yes. In the Malaysian version, this was taken out to promote pk. In the Chinese version, there were servers for both playstyles. Personally, I prefer not to have this as PK is pretty fun.

One sided PK was a contributing factor in the warlord situation on Oracle.
    Without fear of guild KOS, smaller guilds challenges would likely overwhelm Warlords ability to fake-bid their own territory. No smaller guild is going to challenge Warlord tho because its a virtual death sentence for that guild.

Anyone who played on oracle has seen it many times.
  • ark
    edited July 2008
    WarLord can be overcome... Problem, though. Black, ReBorn, and New Era/Malaysia need to band together and attack at the same time. Can't happen either, because all three of these hate each other.

Meh.
    As a Guild,

Strength in Unity,
    Order through Chaos,
    Victory united.
  • azure
    azure Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    some1 can invite you to a duel and you can refuse u can duel in citys and safe areas. But pking is anywhere any1 can pk some1 lvl 30 +. its annoying if you're a low lvl and doing a quest then a high lvl kills you^^ out of no where but u wont loose xp
  • starfox
    starfox Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2008
    So he hits you down to 5% hp and let the mob you just fightin kill you... then you lose xp...
    pk is really annoying cause higher lvls and pk freaks like RageQuit only pk lower levels!
    Yes RageQuit ask your member what they have done in Delphi to lowis!
    (i was killed there 5times in a row when i was lvl31 from a lvl50+ RageQuit member! I lost through this 20% exp and some herbs and mats! When i asked him why he killed me he only scold me!)
  • muskoka
    muskoka Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    how about town guards if u have red name?
  • vyron
    vyron Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    You are not forced to PK or get PKed on the PvE server. There will be two of each per west and east coast.

But PvE can get boring and if you cant kill someone who keeps annoying you it's not worth it. :)
  • zackery
    zackery Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Yeah the option of enabling and diabing pk is pretty cool......i think i'm only gonna disable it when i'm doing quest :P
  • karmelia
    karmelia Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    is there an option tat allows me to reject to a pvp?

Yes, if you play on the servers labelled "PvE" you will have an option to turn pvp on or off.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008

On the server labelled "PVE" yes. On the servers labelled "PvP", no.
    Frankieraye said : "we can promise that we will work to improve all facets of community, engineering, and customer service to ensure that something like this doesn't happen again."

(We are still waiting to see any improvements or changes beign implemented. More empty promises from PWI?)
  • karmelia
    edited August 2008
    muskoka wrote: »
    how about town guards if u have red name?

Every guards will attack you and one-hit kill you if you go to close to them.

This apply to guards outside of city as well, like those near bridges.

• embl3m
    embl3m Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    starfox wrote: »
    So he hits you down to 5% hp and let the mob you just fightin kill you... then you lose xp...
    pk is really annoying cause higher lvls and pk freaks like RageQuit only pk lower levels!
    Yes RageQuit ask your member what they have done in Delphi to lowis!
    (i was killed there 5times in a row when i was lvl31 from a lvl50+ RageQuit member! I lost through this 20% exp and some herbs and mats! When i asked him why he killed me he only scold me!)

lol ****

10char