Make normal monster drops not useless?

ren
ren Posts: 662 Arc User
edited August 2008 in Suggestion Box
It would be nice if gear dropped by normal monsters had a small, but nonetheless existant, chance to be 2 or 3 star. Even if it's like .02%...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
Post edited by ren on

Comments

• prosper
    prosper Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    That might be nice. :O Though it would make you feel slightly less ultra-special-pro-happy after crafting your own 3-star weapon, I'd definitely enjoy that.
  • loktoris
    loktoris Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Wait, what's special about 3-star weapon??

If i saw 60+ using 3-star weapon, i'd laugh at them.

Either way, 2 star drops would be great, there would be more of an abundance of 2 star gear then.
  • ezel
    ezel Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    Yeah, getting more fuel crystals from taking apart monster drops would be nice.

3 Star equipment is nice since they are usually more powerful than the next grade equipment, with lower stat requirements.
  • embl3m
    embl3m Posts: 494 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    If that was the case there'd be no point to crafting since you could just gind for you EQ >.>

EDIT: normal mobs can drop things that have +crit or -casting time. that's DEFINITELY not useless.
  • ren
    edited August 2008
    embl3m wrote: »
    If that was the case there'd be no point to crafting since you could just gind for you EQ >.>

EDIT: normal mobs can drop things that have +crit or -casting time. that's DEFINITELY not useless.

In case you didn't notice, .02% is so abysmally low you'd be killing 5,000-10,000 monsters before getting a non-**** item, which in all likeliness would have sucky stats.... crafting would be much better.

The point is it blows knowing you can never get decent gear by drop, aside from molders, which are like .0008-.000014% (basically, non existant lol, one molder per 100,000++ mobs)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Official PWI irc: (mirc command, opens in a new window and won't interfere with any servers you're already on) /server -m irc.deltaanime.net -j #pwint
  • embl3m
    edited August 2008
    ren wrote: »
    In case you didn't notice, .02% is so abysmally low you'd be killing 5,000-10,000 monsters before getting a non-**** item, which in all likeliness would have sucky stats.... crafting would be much better.

um then what would be the point of implementing it in the game then?
  • ren
    edited August 2008
    um then what would be the point of implementing it in the game then?

So that drops aren't quite so abysmally depressing?
    edit: and more **** to turn into fuel lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jar
    jar Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    It would be nice if gear dropped by normal monsters had a small, but nonetheless existant, chance to be 2 or 3 star. Even if it's like .02%...
    when i was playing PW-MY there was a chance a 2 or 3 star would drop cause i got a 3 star molder from a lvl 50+ mob near fangs town O_o supposedly it was very rare someone told me theyd never seen it before and they were like 80+ so yes there is a chance you can get 2 or 3 star gear
  • ren
    edited August 2008
    jar wrote: »
    when i was playing PW-MY there was a chance a 2 or 3 star would drop cause i got a 3 star molder from a lvl 50+ mob near fangs town O_o supposedly it was very rare someone told me theyd never seen it before and they were like 80+ so yes there is a chance you can get 2 or 3 star gear

Molders aren't 2 or 3 star gear like what I proposed, actually they aren't gear at all... molders are used to make uniques or whatever. And are worth FAR more than what I'm proposing.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hong
    hong Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    There's no point for normal mobs to drop 2-3 star weapons, having to craft them is more challenging and forces you to collect materials. Implementing this they'd have to change/modify the whole drop log which will take ages.

Plus, if you want to re-fuel your wings. Just buy NPC items and dissemble them. Two star = 90+ Fuel Crystal I think and Three star = X Amount of Mirage Stone.
    RoC.
  • ren
    edited August 2008
    hong wrote: »
    There's no point for normal mobs to drop 2-3 star weapons, having to craft them is more challenging and forces you to collect materials. Implementing this they'd have to change/modify the whole drop log which will take ages.

Plus, if you want to re-fuel your wings. Just buy NPC items and dissemble them. Two star = 90+ Fuel Crystal I think and Three star = X Amount of Mirage Stone.

Bull****, a .02 rate isn't going to produce enough gear to even remotely dent the economy. Use your head, do some math, jesus.

As someone else said, 2/3 star gear is useless. At 60+ nobody is gonna use that **** unless they're completely broke, because HH/legendaries are better.
    When people craft junk non-molder gear, it's mainly going to be for teh sake up leveling up their crafting. Which has to be done if you want to crush junk drops or make GOOD gear, like molder stuff.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • loktoris
    loktoris Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2008
    hong wrote: »

What don't you understand? You add 2-star drops to the loot tables to actually give grinding on normal mobs more meaning to this already mundane task.

I'm not sure what lvl you are in game, but for me grinding for hours and hours and getting 1star craps, DQ items, and gold, REALLLYYYY doesn't make me happy.

What noob crafts 2 star gear to wear anyways? :confused: Seriously, get off the forums and go lvl up.
  • embl3m
    edited August 2008
    Bull****, a .02 rate isn't going to produce enough gear to even remotely dent the economy. Use your head, do some math, jesus.

As someone else said, 2/3 star gear is useless. At 60+ nobody is gonna use that **** unless they're completely broke, because HH/legendaries are better.
    When people craft junk non-molder gear, it's mainly going to be for teh sake up leveling up their crafting. Which has to be done if you want to crush junk drops or make GOOD gear, like molder stuff.

use your head, if the rate is .02 you'll get them about as often as the molders which drops from regular mobs.
  • hong
    edited August 2008
    lol, wow. All I'm saying is simply if you want to re-fuel your wings, just buy NPC items and dissemble them. And I'm just saying that 2 stars weapon can craft whatever and 3 stars can craft whatever. I didn't say it'll ruin anything. Chill out, wow.

@loktoris

Get off the forums and level up? I hope you realize that PW I isn't out yet. Wrong forums. So your telling me your going EMO cause your not getting any rare items from grinding is that it? I don't need your bull**** and flame me for something mistakenly understood.

Plus, you think they'd really adjust the whole loot table for every mob?
    RoC.
  • ren
    edited August 2008
    use your head, if the rate is .02 you'll get them about as often as the molders which drops from regular mobs.
    Then make the rate for 3 star lower than molder rate? 2 star, sucks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • hong
    edited August 2008
    Then make the rate for 3 star lower than molder rate? 2 star, sucks.

Let's put Ragnarok Online into this game. Card drop rates on iRO is about 0.01%. Average, 10k mobs to get one card. The worst luck you can possibly get in this game is reaching level 99 with or without a single card. Not just that but you have to simply grind on the same mob for weeks.

Now let's talk about PW I. They add 3 star weapons into the table at 0.01%, you averagely have to kill 10k mobs. Not to mention the battle system in this game and the mobs are extremely less/slower than RO.

So really, does it matter if they put it in or not? Do you think they'd waste time putting/adding items in normal mob loot tables? It's so pointless, you'll even find a moulder before a 3 star weapon.

I mean, I'm just giving my opinion that it's a waste of time. If they want to waste their time rearranging/adding new 2 stars and 3 star weapon loots, sure go ahead. Just don't delay the OB/CB time =)
    RoC.