[MAINT] SERVER MAINTENANCE 05/07/19 (Complete)

heerohex#3018
heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
edited May 2019 in Official Announcements
Please Feel Free to Update If needs Be. Please note this is not the Official Info and as such you should keep checking for updates. This post should only be used as a reminder for standard Maint Times and info.
Server Status Provided By @nrglg (Reload Page To Update)
If there is maintenance tonight expect it to be the usual time unless any updates, from 11pm to 2am PDT.

Edit For Patch Notes Link Here. Or Assume for just a Server Restart / Minor Updates.
Maintenance is expected to last approximately 4 hours, so during that time you will not be able to access the live servers.
*Maintenance times are tentative and are subject to change at any time. Actual end times will vary depending on the progress of the maintenance.

Thank you for your patience and we apologize for the inconvenience.
This week's question.

What would you say is the easiest Boss currently in the higher lv caves?

Thanks.​​
Post edited by heerohex#3018 on

Comments

• sharkky#8608
    sharkky#8608 Posts: 24 Arc User
    This **** is unreal...
    The new classes are past the date in which we have gotten other updates, that being the time spread from china to NA. Just read the upcoming update for china, some of it which is completely asinine. lets hope this 'rumored 7th sky level is a joke'.

but all in all seems like another standard maint ... lets just hope GMs actually reset TW map FINALLY but we shall see.
  • mysticblue#1834
    mysticblue#1834 Posts: 92 Arc User
    FSP first boss at the bridge.
    I feel bad for him..
  • sharkky#8608
    Well that isnt really a boss per se. he is just there to open the gate. but here is something:

There are sooooo many nuke squads, so many that some of these players dont even know the mechanics of the game itself!

So many times ive been asked by my OP friends rolling new toons 'hey man how is that toad works without nuke?' that is crazy!!! all the bosses in FSP are easy, i mean why not make a mechanic in game making nukes impossible so that people actually play the game?
  • mysticblue#1834
    mysticblue#1834 Posts: 92 Arc User
    Well that isnt really a boss per se. he is just there to open the gate. but here is something:

There are sooooo many nuke squads, so many that some of these players dont even know the mechanics of the game itself!

So many times ive been asked by my OP friends rolling new toons 'hey man how is that toad works without nuke?' that is crazy!!! all the bosses in FSP are easy, i mean why not make a mechanic in game making nukes impossible so that people actually play the game?

If that happened people would reduce doing the really harder dungeons.

People wanna save time on raids and dungeons.(they got ingame daillies and also their real lives to attend to 😂)

Even on nuke runs UPD takes atleast 20-30 mins (This is for a very OP DD nuke squad like Genesesia or his wife)
    Normal squads could take as far as 1.5 hours+ not to mention squad formation itself takes so long.(When you keep blasting horns just to find that one SB or veno lol...)

I would say nuke is rather a very convenient tactic which exists in PWI.
    Though it's true that due to repetitive nuke tendencies on a certain day we do end up getting stuck somewhere for instance on calli boss lol.(The whole raid turns into a blame game of why we don't know or who doesn't know)

Maybe PWI should implement practice attempts in end game instances so that people actually don't have to waste keys for learning purposes.(Then again PW barely cares about stuff anymore.. so at this
    point suggestions are as good as nothing)
  • sharkky#8608
    suggestions are kinda like a venting process in PWI lol.
    they never have taken to NA feedback, no reason for them to start now xD

• heerohex#3018
    FSP first boss at the bridge.
    I feel bad for him..

Yer I was thinking this.

I've been saying this for a while. As for the tw map don't quote me and I know this is in motion but unlikely to be today. The update is a bit more complicated from what I understand.

Thanks.
  • sharkky#8608
    What do you mean it is a bit more complicated?

I mean how complicated could this update be, unless it involves some form of the expansion?

Any feedback you can give on the complications or as to what they have said pertaining to tonights maint?

• heerohex#3018
    What do you mean it is a bit more complicated?

I mean how complicated could this update be, unless it involves some form of the expansion?

Any feedback you can give on the complications or as to what they have said pertaining to tonights maint?

Ill be able to put it this way, if we could have the update I'm sure we would have by now. I will note where bigger expansions have come they have been slightly more delayed than a simple update. I think that's logical as well.

From what I have I can't say much but I'm sure it won't be to much longer. Well I hope...

Tonight's maint again as far as we all know is just a standard Maint. With this I really don't get told anything.

Sorry I know it's not much, but that is all that can be said for now.

Thanks.
  • sharkky#8608
    o.0
    that feels like such a brush off, tho i sure it's not. I can understand delays in updates, its only logical if its a really big and difficult update that it would come in patches and/or even become delayed for obvious reasons.

My real question though, was not to ask when we would be getting classes...... even if we were to have them after this maint (which we wont) I could not logically expect you to release that info on a thread. The real question was how you mentioned this being more complicated when i mentioned a reset in the map... I was curious if anything was said to prime you to say its more complicated and as to what you can say about that. Or simply said 'im not allowed to say' xD
  • sylenthunder
    sylenthunder Posts: 3,061 Community Moderator
    Localization from Chinese to English isn't easy. Especially when you have to re-write parts of the code to update it to our specific version that is considerably different from the original game.

Plus it's not like anyone is looking out for PWI over at PWE right now anyway.​​
    582c1776c46eef7b527939a98b9d95a5.png

Support Email: customerservice@perfectworld.com
    ​​
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • heerohex#3018
    o.0
    that feels like such a brush off, tho i sure it's not. I can understand delays in updates, its only logical if its a really big and difficult update that it would come in patches and/or even become delayed for obvious reasons.

My real question though, was not to ask when we would be getting classes...... even if we were to have them after this maint (which we wont) I could not logically expect you to release that info on a thread. The real question was how you mentioned this being more complicated when i mentioned a reset in the map... I was curious if anything was said to prime you to say its more complicated and as to what you can say about that. Or simply said 'im not allowed to say' xD

Not for the map reset, I ment the update. The map reset should not be difficult just needs to be planned as far as I know.

Thanks.
  • heerohex#3018
    Localization from Chinese to English isn't easy. Especially when you have to re-write parts of the code to update it to our specific version that is considerably different from the original game.

Plus it's not like anyone is looking out for PWI over at PWE right now anyway.​​

Yer... To be fair i wish they would just pass off some items to me to help with. At least that way hopefully we would have some consistency.

As a mod we try just so limited sometimes even worse with communication...
  • gluteus
    gluteus Posts: 32 Arc User
    The first boss in FSP is probably the easiest of them all. If you have a knowlegeable squad, the first boss in UP is really not too terrible either. It is a nightmare for people if they have never been there or know what to expect though.
    Anyone know why maintenance is still going on?? I am getting anxious to get back online... Withdrawals hehehehe.
  • heerohex#3018
    gluteus wrote: »
    The first boss in FSP is probably the easiest of them all. If you have a knowlegeable squad, the first boss in UP is really not too terrible either. It is a nightmare for people if they have never been there or know what to expect though.
    Anyone know why maintenance is still going on?? I am getting anxious to get back online... Withdrawals hehehehe.

Sorry we don't if anything comes back I'll post it.

I'm guessing they hit a complcation or something unexpected.

Thanks.
  • splendideyes
    splendideyes Posts: 328 Arc User
    thats it, everyone go home, we are finally free!
  • thisissabee
    thisissabee Posts: 2 Arc User
    Is it just me or is this update slightly longer than usual?
  • heerohex#3018

Made me laugh.

Yes, I don't have any updates tho sorry.
  • xdemonicaz
    xdemonicaz Posts: 5 Arc User
    heero200 wrote: »

Made me laugh.

Fingers crossed that it is for a reason!
  • eighttwo#6950
    eighttwo#6950 Posts: 1 Arc User
    they prolly just forgot to turn the power back on, see you next week when they realize the mistake
  • skill3d#8101
    skill3d#8101 Posts: 1 New User
    Are the servers down right now? Cause I can't connect. And if yes, for how long?
  • heerohex#3018
    xdemonicaz wrote: »

Made me laugh.

Fingers crossed that it is for a reason!

We can hope.
    they prolly just forgot to turn the power back on, see you next week when they realize the mistake

O Dear...
    Are the servers down right now? Cause I can't connect. And if yes, for how long?

Servers are still down for maintenance at the moment.

Sorry o do not have a set time. Hopefully soon.

Thanks
  • xdemonicaz
    xdemonicaz Posts: 5 Arc User

They are still down for the maintenance. We don't know for how long.
  • zeevhaora
    zeevhaora Posts: 85 Arc User
    Its online.

TW maps still no reset.

Have fun.
  • heerohex#3018
    zeevhaora wrote: »
    Its online.

TW maps still no reset.

Have fun.

Yes I'm showing bk online as well.

The tw maps will be reset, but at a later date.

Thanks.
  • klanx#5812
    klanx#5812 Posts: 1 Arc User
    New update -> -
    TW maps reset -> -
    Long maintenance -> +
    Good trolling)
  • shadydawg
    shadydawg Posts: 93 Arc User
    Its online.

TW maps still no reset.

Have fun.

Thanks.

You must be got alot of patience bro... It's clear that they not giving you any info on anything to pass to the forums but yet you still try to reply to people.. I would just ignore everyone because if they not giving me any info on hat happening how will i be able to respond to players when i don't even know whats going on..
  • ghostryder76#5279
    ghostryder76#5279 Posts: 47 Arc User
    shadydawg wrote: »
    Its online.

TW maps still no reset.

Have fun.

Thanks.

You must be got alot of patience bro... It's clear that they not giving you any info on anything to pass to the forums but yet you still try to reply to people.. I would just ignore everyone because if they not giving me any info on hat happening how will i be able to respond to players when i don't even know whats going on..

Totally agreed but I'll take it a little further and say I think Heero is the first line of defense to a business with a failing business model. He's trying to do the right thing by supporting them but they just leave him out there flapping in the wind. Ty Heero for doing what you can.
  • heerohex#3018
    edited May 2019
    Its online.

TW maps still no reset.

Have fun.

Thanks.

ghostryder wrote: »
    Its online.

TW maps still no reset.

Have fun.

Thanks.

Totally agreed but I'll take it a little further and say I think Heero is the first line of defense to a business with a failing business model. He's trying to do the right thing by supporting them but they just leave him out there flapping in the wind. Ty Heero for doing what you can.

Thank You Both, I cant take any credit really, The community plays a BIG part in where this game is now and with out it I dont think we would be where we are today.

Thanks.​​
  • berryberry1234
    berryberry1234 Posts: 22 Arc User
    So it's a 3 hour maintenance for nothing, not even a news/marketplace update? Where are we headed with PWI? How long till total server shutdown?
  • heerohex#3018
    So it's a 3 hour maintenance for nothing, not even a news/marketplace update? Where are we headed with PWI? How long till total server shutdown?

Their was some behind the server work done I think as both West coast servers went totally offline.

Also their was no maint last week so that may have effected it.

Thanks.