test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A feature that would be welcome in pwi

deceitsouldeceitsoul Mystery GamerPosts: 67 Community Moderator
Without going to non pwi , theres a feature that ff14 added which would be awesome to have but I have my doubts of it ever coming here.

Long story short you can visit other servers & interact with people not just pvp , even buy stuff. It works that you visit servers on data center yours is on.

Comments

  • therevtherev Posts: 156 Arc User
    deceitsoul wrote: »
    Without going to non pwi , theres a feature that ff14 added which would be awesome to have but I have my doubts of it ever coming here.

    Long story short you can visit other servers & interact with people not just pvp , even buy stuff. It works that you visit servers on data center yours is on.
    +1
    what square enix did implementing that was super risky but i love it especially with the market board i can be super frugal! i doubt it will happen here cause of the playerbase

    As Above, So Below MementoVivere
  • nibblescookiessnibblescookiess Posts: 32 Arc User
    Sorry to ruin your dreams but…

    In that game you can only visit servers on the same data center. If that was implemented as they have it on PWI then only Twilight Temple and Etherblade will be able to visit each other as they are both in the same data center, west. Whereas EU has 1 server, so Dawnglory gets nothing and the same is true of Tideswell.
  • heero200heero200 Helper Extraordinary Posts: 3,687 Community Moderator
    In my view this was always going to happen, Tho I guessed it would not be coded for our version in mind, We have a X-Server it would have made odds to use this as an open map hell we could have even had a PW open world map on that server or primal map or something with shops and may be even a small cave or X Server instance.

    I suppose this is something in the right area, With out the other servers this is not something that should be active. For now at least.

    We will see, those are just my thoughts.

    Thanks.​​
  • mysticblue#1834 mysticblue Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited May 5
    heero200 wrote: »
    In my view this was always going to happen, Tho I guessed it would not be coded for our version in mind, We have a X-Server it would have made odds to use this as an open map hell we could have even had a PW open world map on that server or primal map or something with shops and may be even a small cave or X Server instance.

    I suppose this is something in the right area, With out the other servers this is not something that should be active. For now at least.

    We will see, those are just my thoughts.

    Thanks.​​

    Rather than that we would rather receive some maint posts or atleast the least bit of information (patch update delays, tw issues etc)

    That would signify that the pw staff has some vitality still left besides the marketplace updates.
  • datsangdatsang Posts: 107 Arc User
    Sorry to ruin your dreams but…

    In that game you can only visit servers on the same data center. If that was implemented as they have it on PWI then only Twilight Temple and Etherblade will be able to visit each other as they are both in the same data center, west. Whereas EU has 1 server, so Dawnglory gets nothing and the same is true of Tideswell.

    Technically speaking all our servers are connected to each other, the fact we get red chats on all servers for some pack items is proof of that. How connected these servers are however is a whole another question.

    I imagine if PWCN knew what they are doing, they could figure out a way to do this. I just dont think they have any interest in doing so.
    heero200 wrote: »
    In my view this was always going to happen, Tho I guessed it would not be coded for our version in mind, We have a X-Server it would have made odds to use this as an open map hell we could have even had a PW open world map on that server or primal map or something with shops and may be even a small cave or X Server instance.

    I suppose this is something in the right area, With out the other servers this is not something that should be active. For now at least.

    We will see, those are just my thoughts.

    Thanks.​​

    Rather than that we would rather receive some maint posts or atleast the least bit of information (patch update delays, tw issues etc)

    That would signify that the pw staff has some vitality still left besides the marketplace updates.

    I dont see a reason to invest on this game any longer due what you mentioned. The company shows no signs of life making me not risk money/time on a title, which might close any day for all we know. There is no support, hell, I reported game breaking glitch and I had to stress it was probably biggest glitch in the last 5 years for them to even take it seriously. Not saying more bout that as right now its contained to Et by my understanding, it wont give anybody any advantage but can seriously mess with the enjoyment of other players.
  • datsangdatsang Posts: 107 Arc User
    This god damn spam filter on these forums(Got filtered for editing the post in order to clarify a point I made), if heero could rescue my last post on this thread so I dont have to rewrite it.
  • heero200heero200 Helper Extraordinary Posts: 3,687 Community Moderator
    heero200 wrote: »
    In my view this was always going to happen, Tho I guessed it would not be coded for our version in mind, We have a X-Server it would have made odds to use this as an open map hell we could have even had a PW open world map on that server or primal map or something with shops and may be even a small cave or X Server instance.

    I suppose this is something in the right area, With out the other servers this is not something that should be active. For now at least.

    We will see, those are just my thoughts.

    Thanks.

    Rather than that we would rather receive some maint posts or atleast the least bit of information (patch update delays, tw issues etc)

    That would signify that the pw staff has some vitality still left besides the marketplace updates.

    In all fairness this is done by a different team to the updates so i think its par and part tho, It would show they are more interested and showing a bit of face would be good.
    datsang wrote: »
    This god damn spam filter on these forums(Got filtered for editing the post in order to clarify a point I made), if heero could rescue my last post on this thread so I dont have to rewrite it.

    It has been done1

    And by all means im not saying its bad, It just does not make odds to me to build something else when we have something in place semi already...

    O dono again tho its only my opinion.

    Thanks​​
Sign In or Register to comment.