Demon HF v Neverfall "upgrade"

reddragon961
reddragon961 Posts: 5 Arc User
I'd like peoples opinions on whether to upgrade my demon HF to the NF version. It seems like it's a bad idea to me. I'd assume most people would use the golden glyph to gain some of the chi back. Seems like it's not worth losing the 1 second of HF tho, or am I wrong?

Also, on a side-note... do most BM's use a glyph set, or do you find that having no glyph set and just taking 5% from everyone as opposed to 15% from some and doing 15% more to others? I've been wondering about that as well, since in mass PVP bm's aren't responsible for doing damage, even tho we can do some pretty devastating spike damage if we're lucky with some crit zerks on our upper swing of dmg. Seems taking 5% from everyone as opposed to taking 15% from some would be the ultimately better option. Probably a lower incoming damage over time.

Thanks for your opinions!

Comments

• dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    Demon HF all the way, for PvE ofcourse. (Since you're demon I assume you're asking for PvE)
  • e1finger
    e1finger Posts: 43 Arc User
    NF HF by far that 1 sec lost is nuthing compared to the gains from the new glyph system ,IF u take the time to read everything out and with much practise you can pull off a 16 sec extended HF . Far as Glyph bonuse will having a no bonuse seems the way to go in a mass pvp or small scale , if ur doing 1v1 well u do have the option to switch up. far as PVE goes ofc it dont matter really .
  • jehu50
    jehu50 Posts: 54 Arc User
    Noob question where do you ge tthe NF upgrade which npc please.
  • teikiatsu11
    teikiatsu11 Posts: 98 Arc User
    jehu50 wrote: »
    Noob question where do you ge tthe NF upgrade which npc please.
    You get them at Royal Knight Hector. He's in the center of Neverfall city.
  • fateblade
    fateblade Posts: 19 Arc User
    I like NF HF coz I get instant chi for gs, so 8sec plus GS > 9sec HF. Sure, you can Demon HF + genie/pot + GS, but youll lose 1sec.
  • bla5t
    bla5t Posts: 2 Arc User
    If you do Never Fall Drakes Breath Bash with a Gold Glyph Effect and Never Fall Heaven's Flame, is it easy to get enough chi to fire off another Heaven's Flame after another one in case a Nuke Squad falls short?
  • e1finger
    e1finger Posts: 43 Arc User
    bla5t wrote: »
    If you do Never Fall Drakes Breath Bash with a Gold Glyph Effect and Never Fall Heaven's Flame, is it easy to get enough chi to fire off another Heaven's Flame after another one in case a Nuke Squad falls short?

You have to consider the cool down time of HF regardless of how much chi regen you get. The only other option which takes alot of practice and perfect timing is to set up your Glyphs for a 0 cool down HF, given you an opportunity to pull off a double HF. But honestly this move takes alot of practice and the timing( must be perfected). Not really advised for a Nuke attempt cause too many mistake are possible and will totally ruin the nuke.

The best fail safe is simply setting GS and HF for a high chi return so your able to use either back to back. GS should be first since the debuff last longer, thus only leaving you to master a quick weapon switch, versus the double HF combo which has a higher chance to mess up.