S+ card set

Will Pwi ever release S+ card? In Pack? In spend promo like 2k+? Since old gm had it and look overpower without being rb vs np rb2 set. Pretty sure someone willing pay a lot of money for it if they bring it :open_mouth:

Comments

• asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    If you had asked me a year or two ago I'd have just said no but since then they did go back and added Avatar crafting and Imperial Spirit infusing with the NP RB2 set. They also added that Paramount Genie to keys after not touching genies for like 7 or 8 years. Maybe they are showing increased willingness to go back to old content instead of adding random new equipment slots... S+ is possible someday, if the game lasts that long.​​
  • hypnosian123
    hypnosian123 Posts: 116 Arc User
    asterelle wrote: »
    If you had asked me a year or two ago I'd have just said no but since then they did go back and added Avatar crafting and Imperial Spirit infusing with the NP RB2 set. They also added that Paramount Genie to keys after not touching genies for like 7 or 8 years. Maybe they are showing increased willingness to go back to old content instead of adding random new equipment slots... S+ is possible someday, if the game lasts that long.

imo no

we are at a point where the stats added by cards give such diminishing returns it just won't be worth it...
    _weapon damage? you'd rather go for glyphs or better star chart... and also you would be better off increasing your str\dex\mag attribute by 10 or 20 rather than add more weapon damage (and that is also why g17r3 armors are going to be a complete fiasco if they dont put our version of r9r3 in the repository, simply because those 100 attributes add so much damage... even if you get max g17 armors with souls and procs you will be still on par if not less in terms of damage, you will have almost same HP and same resistances)
    _resistances pretty much everyone already is at cap or almost at cap
    -spirit we are already at values which increasing it even further will give less and less returns

thus if they add S+ cards they will need to change how spirit works, give people more ways to add more attributes like 4stats engrave and ****, increase resistances cap.... basically rework half of the gear system...

let's be real, NP rb2 or S+ are good 99% just for the added damage, so support classes kinda already won't need that (having already cap resistances and very high spirit value),

and f.e. you are a NP rb2 arcane with 900 mag and 120k base damage, you should be around at 12000 weapon damage value, you add rb2 S+ cards (and for sure it's not going to be a joke to rb2 S+), you will add 1530 weapon damage....
    which is more or less 10%, get 80-90 magic more through engraves\g17 helm restat\arena cape\r9 armor rerolls\g17r5 weapon... idk, you get the same 10%

considering also that rb2 NP is better than non rb S+, and buffed rb2 NP is basically rb1 S+
    even if they put that, it's not gonna be worth.​​
  • funnymanha
    funnymanha Posts: 10 Arc User
    Well there person spend alot of money on 12+ tome few thousand on it. So pretty sure someone will pay that high price to get endgame stuff just to one shot player o.o
  • unluckygecko
    unluckygecko Posts: 39 Arc User
    funnymanha wrote: »
    Well there person spend alot of money on 12+ tome few thousand on it. So pretty sure someone will pay that high price to get endgame stuff just to one shot player o.o

No doubt about it. There were people with R8 before rep was in cash shop and people with R9r and WS weapon before NW. There are always some people who will spends tons of cash just to get to the end of the line, regardless of if it's worth it or not.
  • hypnosian123
    hypnosian123 Posts: 116 Arc User
    but point is S+ wont make u oneshot players more than how much you would with rb2 np​​
  • cokeboyxt
    cokeboyxt Posts: 4 Arc User
    didnt they just make everyone S set nuema portal last week ? on PWI's misstake they forgot to give the Nuema Portal cards a limited redeem time and now everyone has full set lol

dont wanna know how much money PWI lost by possible spenders on Nuema Portal interreest now that they got it only a few gold worths
  • pisskitten
    pisskitten Posts: 7 Arc User
    To OP - probably not, because S+ isn't even counted in the title requirements for having the full War Avatar completion (as far as I'm aware). It's strange they put in things like Paramount in, but it makes sense to revisit content by making a new version rather than allowing release of old content that functions fundamentally the same.
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    I think thats why they added the anni set. So that you can complete all war avatar titles.