Thinking about returning.. Thoughts on PvP?

inygma
inygma Posts: 3 Arc User
Yes, same old question you all probably get... but I understand that PvP is pay to win. It has kind of always been that way for PWI. I haven't played since 2015. I have a rebirth mystic that I miss playing. I don't mind the paying to win, but I remember that back in '15 there still was some farming aspects to be done daily in order to be a good PvPer. I think it was called spirits? Not sure. The thing is I don't have time to farm all day. I would like to come play for a few hours a couple times a week, maybe PvP. Can I get away with that?

Comments

• heroskippy
    heroskippy Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    Correct, I presume you are Astral Sky, there are 3 new boundary levels after that now, the dailies are quite short. I myself came back a couple off months ago and I reached royal sky 6 by just loafing around and doing those dailies infrequent.

As for PvP. you would need to hit around 3k spirit to be able to keep up, you can get this true rebirth avatar card sets and a lucky double spirit roll preferable on fatestar on starchart.

Gear is nice, but seems more supplementary now towards your spirit level.

Edit: you can also refine your tome to add spirit, works the same as normal refine only with other refine aid's
  • fury85
    fury85 Posts: 277 Arc User
    There are few chain quests for passive skills in primal and neverfall for the new rune system. You can add runes to your skills to improve them.
    heroskippy wrote: »
    As for PvP. you would need to hit around 3k spirit to be able to keep up, you can get this true rebirth avatar card sets and a lucky double spirit roll preferable on fatestar on starchart.

Gear is nice, but seems more supplementary now towards your spirit level.

Nah spirit is not really necessary. With cards, sky levels and things you will get around 2.5k now. Its enough.
    Roll defense or attack on your chart (depend how you want to build your toon).

Then for a cheap build for PvP you need atleast R9+10 vit stones/drakeflame, R9 weap, NW necklace, emperor, R9/NW rings, morai cards or 2/2/2 S set that you can farm with faction trials (yes now you can craft S cards). Do cheap engrave to get +10 vit/str/mag/dex depend what you need with Ancient Emblem. You can also add gems to Belt and Necklace, +2 atk/def are very good and cheap.

Come to Nation War and cross server Nation War to get tokens for your tome/necklace/ring and get pot for buffs.
    Come to Resource War for Inkdragon Bloods.
    Come to Thursday Night Fight to famr items to level your starchart, get emblem for engraving and runes for PvP.
    Roar_King
    Level 105 Barbarian with Deity Stone
  • inygma
    inygma Posts: 3 Arc User
    Thanks for your responses. My mystic is R9, though I think it's only +7 gear and +10 weapon. I wasn't very good at TWs even with that gear back then. The lack of spirits and the daily grind kind of just made me quit. But I'm willing to give it another shot knowing spirits are more easily attainable.
  • bakujirou
    bakujirou Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    While Spirit's a part of the equation, its just a notable piece of it.
    When it comes to PvP, the big problem is the sheer cost of acquiring the pieces to even start contending if you dont have a steady influx of coin from either frequent merchanting or farming...

Assuming you've got R9.3 at least a rough estimate would look like this:

Badge of the Cube: Defiance
    One Cube neck (40~50m)
    8 Rainbow Crystals (320m~400m buying Fate Stamps and decomping/combining the necklaces)
    72.2m (SoW)
    100m (Fee)
    6.8m (NW Token value)

Star's Destiny/Moon's Embrace
    72.2m (SoW)
    100m (Fee)
    6.8m (NWToken)
    (Roughly) 25~35m (buying Sky Cover/Cloud Stir from player)

Emperor
    Pangu+Bookless Transcript (or Love:Up and Down or just buying it yourself) ~600m
    5m (NW Tokens)
    52.5m (SoW)
    78.5m (Fee)
    -The above gets you Dominance
    8.9m (NW Tokens)
    94.5m (SoW)
    87.5m (Fee)
    -This gets Emperor--

And that's before factoring Refines or sharding everything.
    If you can look at such and not really flinch or bat an eye at how stark it is, by all means, go for it.
    [Etherblade] Euthymius
    Galefang [PWpedia]

CFvfwVj.png