About G17 armor...

fury85
fury85 Posts: 277 Arc User
I see from the forges in West Archosaur that we have:

G17 1st cast > you can obtain with less mats from R8 3rd cast gears
G17 2nd cast > you can obtain only with mats
G17 3rd cast > you can obtain with less mats from R9 4th cast gears
G17 Helmet

Set bonus will include 5 pieces (gears + helmet). Anyone know?

From what I see G17r3 is not much different from R9, but I think its fully farmable from TT 4? That will be great for F2P players!

For endgame will be a good 2nd set anyway, chance to switch between G17 and R9 with deity/josd and make an attack and a def set?

For the Helmet you need 1 Moon Stone of Punishment… I fear it will be an overpriced pack item?

Upgrade in the G17 steps and casting will keep refines and shards?
Roar_King
Level 105 Barbarian with Deity Stone

Comments

• hypnosian123
    hypnosian123 Posts: 116 Arc User
    fury85 wrote: »

G17 Helmet

From what I see G17r3 is not much different from R9, but I think its fully farmable from TT 4? That will be great for F2P players!

For endgame will be a good 2nd set anyway, chance to switch between G17 and R9 with deity/josd and make an attack and a def set?

For the Helmet you need 1 Moon Stone of Punishment… I fear it will be an overpriced pack item?

pack to obtain that item, is created at wang tsai with a star point item that is not in star tab of boutique
    thus u cant obtain helmet atm
    thus u cant have set bonus from g17 at current state of the game eventho g17 set bonus is worse than r9r3 set bonus, and you cant wear one and have set bonus from the other so yea this update is not for us​​
  • mysticblue#1834
    mysticblue#1834 Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    fury85 wrote: »

G17 Helmet

Good Luck if you can make it into the dungeon(if people willing to take in since most would be willing to get run done asap for mats and would want a nuke squad and if you can keep up with charms flushing out :p) unless you already got a decently geared R9 char(I might be overestimating the dungeon difficulty from the clip i saw from a forum post but seems will be around UP normal mode at the best or most likely worse than UPD so nopes no easy go for f2p non R9 players).
  • copy1#8039
    copy1#8039 Posts: 43 Arc User
    Unless theres a way to get Reshape Crystals from other ways than the boutique... No R9 would be a lot easier for f2p players.
    COPY1
  • only1wish
    only1wish Posts: 37 Arc User
    I guess you guys dont check Treasure hunting *the keys gamble* often? the Moon Stone Of Punishment is in the rewards list in there.
    Also we've already completed the dungeon, it's relatively easy. You do not need charms. You need to pay attention of the traps on the ground or mobs/cones but the aoes arent really that scarry. I went with cleric with 11k hp and she was okey, no charm, no r9, barely g16 phys shards and eu set. was very close calls, but it's doable.
    Also the dungeon is mostly nukes.... so again idk where charms would be **** in there. The drops are tradable. It contributed to faction goals... it's not that bad dungeon once we tune in the mechanics it'ld be pretty easy for all :)
  • dingo488
    dingo488 Posts: 936 Arc User
    Getting this gearset is kinda weird.

The armor seems to be completely useless without the helmet
    The helmet isnt useless without the armor, but then its the helmet, not the armor, that is an incredibly rare pack item
    Also the armor seems to be completely useless unless you make all 4 pieces at once, which means you'll probably be sitting on 3 pieces worth of armor for a long time before actually crafting any
  • dbfarmer1#6868
    dbfarmer1#6868 Posts: 92 Arc User
    only1wish wrote: »
    I guess you guys dont check Treasure hunting *the keys gamble* often? the Moon Stone Of Punishment is in the rewards list in there.
    Also we've already completed the dungeon, it's relatively easy. You do not need charms. You need to pay attention of the traps on the ground or mobs/cones but the aoes arent really that scarry. I went with cleric with 11k hp and she was okey, no charm, no r9, barely g16 phys shards and eu set. was very close calls, but it's doable.
    Also the dungeon is mostly nukes.... so again idk where charms would be **** in there. The drops are tradable. It contributed to faction goals... it's not that bad dungeon once we tune in the mechanics it'ld be pretty easy for all :)

farely easy... u went nuke sq with an alt... try that with r8 gear + r8 wep people... see if you can nuke it...
  • wisheswolf
    wisheswolf Posts: 7 Arc User
    Can anyone explain why 'Moon Stone of Punishment' can be crafted directly into the new G17 help with no craft fee, but the other uses of using the Stone i.e + CoM/Apex/R8 Helm has an additional fee of 1m and I believe makes the EXACT same item.

Can anyone else confirm that it's the same item, 'coz I am in semi denile that pwi logic is this bad.

Like seriously WHY would you spend over 4b on CoM then use Stone on it only for it to be cheaper to use the Stone my itself, there for not waste 4b+1m on a pointless ? maybe upgrade,
  • barbarossa#7822
    barbarossa#7822 Posts: 18 Arc User
    Because if you're an owner of a (in particular Bound) CoM, transferring shards and refines might be cheaper than sharding and refining from scratch.
  • wisheswolf
    wisheswolf Posts: 7 Arc User
    This is a PC calc made for the g17 gears, Hope this helps

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pRGd0H1RZqoyxgy8bddeaCAfO5zTI85IRm9BKiIHu1I/edit?usp=sharing

Btw the prices I entered for the G17 mats are based on a random cat I found then estimimated the price for the purple and red mats
  • zombiemaster123
    zombiemaster123 Posts: 109 Arc User
    wisheswolf wrote: »
    This is a PC calc made for the g17 gears, Hope this helps

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pRGd0H1RZqoyxgy8bddeaCAfO5zTI85IRm9BKiIHu1I/edit?usp=sharing

Btw the prices I entered for the G17 mats are based on a random cat I found then estimimated the price for the purple and red mats

Those are cute prices tho. I have already sold greens for 1m ea, golds for 10m ea and the wheel of fate shards go for at least 30m ea aka 300m for a full Wheel of Fate and those prices are still very low compared to prices for the g17 weapon mats and are not even remotely as available. I assume the prices for the golds/reds will further rise and greens will stay at 1m, Rings at roughly 350k each.

After all, it needs to be worthwhile for farmers, right? if you have to split a run between 10 ppl and everyone only gets <3m...lol why even bother running in the first place? People that solo/due DUP end up with at least 50m per run, every run altho TT4 is quite a bit easier.

AS for the Gear. If you are lucky, even g17.2 can be vastly stronger than r9 overall. IF. Advantages are that you can use r9.4 belt for more def without worrying about set bonus (+ r9.4 ring as well ofc). Still too expensive..with my prices, a full set of g17.2 comes for 60b roughly xDD Greens drop quite well..however, gold mats need to be more expensive because they very rarely drop. I did 19 runs so far and only 12 Golds dropped...2.5m...lol thats nothing. You would still make more profit by farming TT3-3 then, still enough ppl that buy those golds for half the chip price which is STILL more farming profit (and speed ofc) than TT4 prices like this. AKA, prices need to be massively bumped.
  • shopcheese
    shopcheese Posts: 758 Arc User
    Yea im not going to sell my golds for 10m only. Rather keep them at that price.
  • mysticblue#1834
    mysticblue#1834 Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    So we can actually farm the whole gear from scratch with just materials too?
    Any of those mats which do not drop at all?(like boutique exclusive)
  • shopcheese
    edited January 2019
    @mysticblue when next TT chapter comes out, everything is supposedly farmable EXCEPT 1 material (Reshape Crystal).
  • zombiemaster123
    zombiemaster123 Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    shopcheese wrote: »
    @mysticblue when next TT chapter comes out, everything is supposedly farmable EXCEPT 1 material (Reshape Crystal).

Yap, cant wait..gnna hold back all reds/Golds until then and sell them to the first hardcore CSer that wats g17.3 :D Maybe then I can +12/+2 stones all my chars :D To farm more efficiently ofc.
  • shopcheese
    I have sold a bit of my mats already but i try keep the prices worthwhile for me to have spent so much time on it. Minister hidden mode was the hardest to learn duo, glad to finally do it with ease.
  • bookkeeper#6784
    bookkeeper#6784 Posts: 25 Arc User
    lol if u sell mats below 10m... u better just quit the game already lol.. gold is 20m now on my server.... i doubt i will play this game if new tt mats prices are that crappy... gl to everyone still playing.. i think i wll quit...
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    lol if u sell mats below 10m... u better just quit the game already lol.. gold is 20m now on my server.... i doubt i will play this game if new tt mats prices are that crappy... gl to everyone still playing.. i think i wll quit...

lol, atm logged in on 'TS' server. Gold is 6.5m to 7m. ;)
  • bookkeeper#6784
    bookkeeper#6784 Posts: 25 Arc User
    person above me... i should change server then. coz my SERVER sucks currently..
  • skarthos
    skarthos Posts: 58 Arc User

gold was upward 16+ through hs cause of the spend promo, but reg prices w/o hs are still around 8-8.5
  • gunter#5451
    gunter#5451 Posts: 68 Arc User
    On tideswell some are willing to pay 10m per gold via HS and 7m per gold directly via boutique but that's only because no one else want to buy gold at that price.