(Unofficial) Server Status

2»

Comments

• metamorphasis
    metamorphasis Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    This one works fine and is updated to 10 seconds on when servers are down or up =)
    https://pwupordown.000webhostapp.com/index.php
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    If I click on your hyperlink it shows me "Hmmm...can't reach this page".
    Lol, this must be a sign! :D

060915_a_sign_from_god1.gif

• nrglg
    nrglg Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited October 2019
    I was running maintenance when the server went down in January. Right now, I'm switching the hosting provider for my server and to get everything back up and running will take a few days. Things should run better with this new host. Of course, that's what I like to tell myself anytime this kind of thing happens.

Edit 10/15: I'm still migrating. The thing is, I'm currently in school fulltime while simultaneously working fulltime and attempting to migrate my site all at the the same time. Midterms are next week and I'm very busy studying. I hope to have it running in the next 2 weeks. There's actually more issues than just migrating going on. I was on php 5.6 before and an older version of a PEAR library. I'm now on php 7.3 and the newest version of said PEAR library. There's some issue where when it tests it's returning that it thinks the game server is off and the server is on 100% of the time. This is a bug. I will attempt to resolve it as soon as I can. If I keep having issues with this newer version of the library, I may just write native executable for my server and have that test for values and save them, but then have php create the graphics, since it would be a bigger pain otherwise. Either way, give me time please. I'm not even playing PWI anymore (for several years actually). I just run this to be nice.
    Post edited by nrglg on

GAME FORUMS (Direct Link & Arc Frame)
    Hub | Arc | PWI | FW | NW | STO | SO | BLR | JD | BOI | CO | WOI
    Forum Enhancements and Visual Improvements
    (Greasemonkey/Tampermonkey and/or Stylish required)
    PWI vBulletin Forum Data Dumps and Backups
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    @nrglg sorry to ask, I know you had issues. Is this going to be working again.

Thanks.
  • nrglg
    edited January 2020
    Yeah, so, I'm actually working on it right now. I had too much going on including leaving to Japan. I'm attempting to fix it right now. I'll hopefully have it fixed within so many hours.

Edit: Fell asleep. I'm still working on it. I may have to go back to the old version within the next few days until I can make the auto part work. Maybe there's a permissions issue. I dunno.
    Post edited by nrglg on

• heerohex#3018
    edited January 2020
    nrglg wrote: »
    Yeah, so, I'm actually working on it right now. I had too much going on including leaving to Japan. I'm attempting to fix it right now. I'll hopefully have it fixed within so many hours.

Edit: Fell asleep. I'm still working on it. I may have to go back to the old version within the next few days until I can make the auto part work. Maybe there's a permissions issue. I dunno.

All good, It's great to have this. I understand if this is not a first task.

So thanks for your time on this.

Heero.
  • nrglg
    edited January 2020
    So what I figured out was that when I went from an older version of php to a new version, it killed an old library file which was poorly written and no longer maintained. I rewrote portions of code, however, upon testing, I have determined that Perfect World Entertainment is now blocking ICMP ping requests on the west servers which breaks half of the program. I'm not sure why they blocked it after so many years.

So I'm not sure how I want to proceed now. I could put it up, but it only half works, or just kill it off.

Edit: Oh, also TCP connections are getting refused for some reason. I'm kind of at a loss for what I'm seeing.
    Edit: TCP issue looks like a local firewall issue on my server. ICMP blockaide does not. I was able to reproduce it.
    Edit: Fixed the local firewall issue. ICMP is still broken. Going to doubly make sure there isn't a different local issue.
    Edit: Okay, it's confirmed. PWE has blocked ICMP on the west servers and thereby breaking part of my software. Who knows why. Maybe someone was ping flooding them or something. How annoying.
    Edit: Local firewall issue unfixed itself. Contacting host and asking them to fix it for me properly, since their system is being stubborn.
    Post edited by nrglg on

• outofthedark
    outofthedark Posts: 10 Arc User
    i need help on some of my toons i can't find skill list to upgrade. yes i know how to bring it up, befor some says something about that. the shot is coming up as well, or the quest log is missing. this is what i tryed by resizing it but still not thing. guys talk to your techs, see if they can make that stuff open in the middle till or if we want to move them. plz and tyvm have a good day. if there is an easy way to fix that you can mail me i dont come here that much.
  • aldasnero#1430
    aldasnero#1430 Posts: 1 New User
    but the server is online. i can't log in.
  • heerohex#3018
    Sadly this has not worked for a number of years. We

Thanks.
  • neminemi
    neminemi Posts: 1 Arc User
    This one works fine and is updated to 10 seconds on when servers are down or up =)
    https://pwupordown.000webhostapp.com/index.php

Website is no longer available
    The authors have deleted this site.
    START YOUR WEBSITE