Stormbringer characterizations disappearing once you hit "start"

elysenia
elysenia Posts: 6 Arc User
Hello.I created 2 female Stormbringers on Tideswell server, personalized the way I wanted, named them and they looked fine on the final screen. Once I hit start game they appeared in their home bases looking just like the models given to us to personalize-no hair, no personality. I did 2 characters because I believed I must have done something wrong the first time but the same thing happened with second. Then proceeded to create a wizard without issue. I am sorry-I don't know how to collect the data you need from the computer

Comments

• obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    Have you tried verifying your files at the patcher? It sounds like you have some files missing.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited November 2018
    I had the same problem while making a seeker, verified (2 times) but it didn't solve anything. Changing the character to something I didn't like was my solution but in the end I just deleted the character. Think this 'problem' is just a bug in PWI that can happen to any character class.

edit: as for the response from obielle (nov 22): no, in my case there aren't any files missing. I can still make all kinds of character however if we change the character to look more interesting (or a bit more ugly) this problem can happen. In my case it happened twice; I just deleted the character and started all over. In both cases I didn't use ini-editing.
    Post edited by sjampie on
  • noonecares#7185
    noonecares#7185 Posts: 1 New User
    Hello:

The same happened to me. I had no problems with the download or installation, but when I created my winged elf, the only customization to appear in game was the body, my character appeared bald and with no color or the eyes I selected or anything. I tried changing the texture, see if it was a quality problem, but nothing worked. I already sent a message to support and assistance, but they haven't answered yet.

I don't know what to do anymore.

So, if someone knows what to do to fix this, it'll be greatly appreciated.
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    Make sure to try verifying your files at the patcher once or twice. If that doesn't work then there's definitely a file missing somewhere that might need to be created manually. Have you tried making other characters of the same class with similar results? Or other classes?

I can't 100% remember which files are needed to fix customization options, but I'll look into it a bit later since I have to go out soon.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • frodiathan#7436
    frodiathan#7436 Posts: 1 New User
    I'm experiencing this problem as well. It's happening to every class during customization, and then when I log into the actual game, my character is just completely bald, with no eye or lip color. From what i've seen this issue has been happening to several people for several months now, and I was wondering when there was going to be a fix for this. I know character looks are just a minor part of the game, but it still matters to some people, like me, and I'd really like to be able to play as I normally would.
  • foxysp
    foxysp Posts: 33 Arc User
    I encountered this when I rebuilt my PC. On downloading and installing a fresh installation some PWI files do not get installed.

I don't know if verification / reinstallation works since I had seen this post in oct/nov and backed up all my pwi files before trashing my pc. Comparing the folders and copying over old content to any folders which contain too few files cures this. I forget which ones it was, but the file count was way out.

If you have a local friend / relative that plays, their install directory will provide a fix. Otherwise all you can do is try the verify/reinstall.
  • narukaki
    narukaki Posts: 3 Arc User
    test
  • rikkfulness
    rikkfulness Posts: 2 Arc User
    Oh hey, look. It's 2019, and the issue IS STILL THERE. Seriously. what's the point in doing all the customization only to have it force us into default?
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    removed my text because of the moderation
    Post edited by sjampie on