Is pulling vitae mobs into Magnier to get people killed bannable?

yeJi3Do.jpg

This morning when my wife got back from afk on her mystic she noticed that her mystic was dead at the spawn point into Magnier and several vitae mobs were near her and that they were all aggroed to one person. I logged into my barb, who was at Magnier, and saw the same person bringing those mobs into Magnier. I have heard people complain about this same person do this over and over day after day. Is this bannable?

Comments

• obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    I would say it is bannable, since it's dragging mobs that AoE into a safe zone. Back in the day dragging World Bosses into towns was a bannable offense so I think it would apply here as well.

If in doubt you can send a support ticket asking and they should be able to clarify for you.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • phage69
    phage69 Posts: 112 Arc User
    This is happening alot on my server as well I'd say if u catch them SS and ticket im pretty sure it is absolutely bannable.
  • heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    If this happens on a regular basis yes it will be considered bannable.

However a one off by accident, will be considered as unlikely to.

This is something that needs to be reported to support as well.

Thanks.
  • splendideyes
    splendideyes Posts: 328 Arc User
    yeah, makes total sense to get people banned and have an even smaller community. would be much easier than just going into homestead, flying up or logging off, right?
  • darkv0id
    darkv0id Posts: 58 Arc User
    yeah, makes total sense to get people banned and have an even smaller community. would be much easier than just going into homestead, flying up or logging off, right?

We don't need players that do foolish things like that!
  • ilmforever
    ilmforever Posts: 24 Arc User
    heero200, Hi, you seem to be the only active person from PWI team who writes something on this forum. Is there any community manager at all currently, who compiles all the bug reports and sends it to developers? What's even happening to PWI right now? It seems like they gave up on it.
  • parrot2010
    parrot2010 Posts: 64 Arc User
    its not using bug or something. Just game mechanic. Its lame giving bans for such things.
    ilmforever wrote: »
    heero200, Hi, you seem to be the only active person from PWI team who writes something on this forum.
    He is not person from PWI team. Just forum moderator.

• heerohex#3018
    heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
    ilmforever wrote: »
    heero200, Hi, you seem to be the only active person from PWI team who writes something on this forum. Is there any community manager at all currently, who compiles all the bug reports and sends it to developers? What's even happening to PWI right now? It seems like they gave up on it.

Sorry im only a Community Mod. as such a player.

I dont really know about things my self like the question your asking. PWI has always struggled with this topic as well being left to players to look after things every now and then.

I dont think its a fact they dont care, I put it down to staffing more than anything else. Hope this helps and clears up a bit.

Thanks.
  • blazerboy
    blazerboy Posts: 1,673 Arc User
    darkv0id wrote: »

We don't need players that do foolish things like that!

Actually yes we do since the community is so small and struggling to survive
    105/105/105 Seeking ScallyMode
    http://mypers.pw/5/#258958
  • asterelle
    asterelle Posts: 861 Arc User
    You can avoid this by AFKing in the air, or in your Homestead.​​
  • cyberomega45
    cyberomega45 Posts: 175 Arc User
    asterelle wrote: »
    You can avoid this by AFKing in the air, or in your Homestead.​​

Only problem is the mobs will hit anyone that warps into Magnier, they were on the spawn point. So I guess anyone too weak to survive all those mobs, don't come into Magnier?
  • cyberomega45

Idk, ban one person who is abusing TOS, or keep losing more people because support ignores the complaints.
  • fury85
    fury85 Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    This is the same story when people pull Jewelscalen to West Archosaur or mobs in Kirin Town.... I don't know if someone got a ban for that in the past, but PWI can just makes mobs unable to walk inside a safe zone.
    Roar_King
    Level 105 Barbarian with Deity Stone
  • zoube
    zoube Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    fury85 wrote: »
    PWI can just makes mobs unable to walk inside a safe zone.

PWI can't do that. Chinese devs can, and good luck reaching them...

And I totally agree, people doing that on purpose deserve a ban.

edit: and don't forget ban can be temporary or people get a warning before ban.
  • skarthos
    skarthos Posts: 58 Arc User
    Btw if you finish mobs and you aggro them inside sz, tele out with the npc, the mobs change aggro to someone else inside sz. Just saw that happen.
  • phage69
    phage69 Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Sometimes it is by accident yes....however on TT this has become a Game ppl are doing it deliberately so tbh if u want to be a scumbag gtfo of my community xD watched a guy last week lead 2 spots worth of mobs in a train all over the area to kill alts and such sure u can save yourself from this by air afking etc but none the less its jack azz behaviour
  • whipmaihurr
    whipmaihurr Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    Yes it is against the TOS if the person is doing it purpose. However I will say this AFK in HS, AFK in reflection heck even log off. You have to be mindful that it is some individuals whose only purpose is cause drama to other players don't feed them any power. Screen shot what happened or even record it make a ticket ASAP and good luck.
    Post edited by whipmaihurr on
    The only GOP
  • cyberomega45
    skarthos wrote: »
    Btw if you finish mobs and you aggro them inside sz, tele out with the npc, the mobs change aggro to someone else inside sz. Just saw that happen.

This was on purpose this same person has been doing this for awhile.
  • foxysp
    foxysp Posts: 33 Arc User
    Bans are appropriate for jerks like this. However IMO permanent bans should be a last resort given the state of the game.

It shouldn't be so hard to implement a system where 1st bans may be a matter of hours and a warning. A second ban could be longer, subsequent bans could become longer again. This would give the offender time to rethink the impact of thier behaviour without driving them away from the game.
  • cyberomega45
    foxysp wrote: »
    Bans are appropriate for jerks like this. However IMO permanent bans should be a last resort given the state of the game.

It shouldn't be so hard to implement a system where 1st bans may be a matter of hours and a warning. A second ban could be longer, subsequent bans could become longer again. This would give the offender time to rethink the impact of thier behaviour without driving them away from the game.

From what I hear the 1st ban is 3 days, then 7 days, then eventually can end up perma ban
  • dbfarmer1#6868
    dbfarmer1#6868 Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    funny thing is i posted this kind of thing x weeks ago and somehow was ignored.... very good for posting evidence and what not.. ..some people do this to kill their pk targets that went into safezone very creative indeed.. they even do this to gearless noobs doing vitae.. they just spin there and get the gearless noobs dead.. very funny.
    @ asterelle im very disappointed with u .. lol afk in air.. right... its a fix for the problem of MAX GEARED PLAYERS WHO HAVE NOTHING TO DO IN GAME BUT CAUSE MAYHEM...

this is a problem with all those NP RB2's who have nothing to do in game... im np rb1.. i gave up on rb2 really since its basically suicide even with ''AVATAR CRAFTING" THAT YOU NEED S IN THE FIRST PLACE TO START 'CRAFTING" ANYWAY.

they should be perma ban lol... its already frustrating to play on this toxic environment and this poo caused by players who has nothing better to do.

YOU PUT EVERYTHING ON CS... NOW MAX GEARED NPRB2 HAVE NOTHING TO DO.. LOL..THIS IS WHY THIS IS HAPPENING
  • combatwombat#4610
    combatwombat#4610 Posts: 2 Arc User
    I very literally just saw this done on the twilight temple server, and have seen it happen many times previously. I am hesitant to report the person because they are a big spender and seem very close to the GMS. Seems like it would fall on deaf ears.
  • cyberomega45
    I very literally just saw this done on the twilight temple server, and have seen it happen many times previously. I am hesitant to report the person because they are a big spender and seem very close to the GMS. Seems like it would fall on deaf ears.

Hate to say this is one reason most people don't report. People feel like support won't do anything. Guess I am just stubborn, but unless more people report the abuses, nothing ever will get done.