R9 set for free?

2»

Comments

• jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User
    datsang wrote: »
    jadasia wrote: »
    LOL! Anyone can already get an R9 set for free. Farm badges for reputation. Farm mysterious chips for GSTs. Farm MoGs. Or be a merchant and earn coin to buy the mats like many others have already done.

The cash shop is just a shortcut to bypass all the farming. If one wants it for free then farm it. If one wants it fast then pay for it. It's that simple.

Yet another thread from the have nots too lazy to work hard to get their gear. They want it for free. What an insult to the rest of us who worked hard to get what we got. *Sigh*

So where are you intending to get enough of a supply of R9 mats outside of boutique? Just because you dont personally buy them from boutique doesnt mean they dont come from there, which was the point you are attacking if I`m not mistaken. Yes, there MoG/GST you can get outside of boutique but the supply is so pathetically low R9ing on those mats would take a decade or more.

Then set up a catshop and earn coin to buy it from others. I farmed my herc then I farmed and earned coin with a catshop to buy MoGs and GSTs from others just like so many other people have done.

No excuses. Work for it if you do't want to buy it.
  • datsang
    datsang Posts: 163 Arc User
    LOL! Anyone can already get an R9 set for free. Farm badges for reputation. Farm mysterious chips for GSTs. Farm MoGs. Or be a merchant and earn coin to buy the mats like many others have already done.

The cash shop is just a shortcut to bypass all the farming. If one wants it for free then farm it. If one wants it fast then pay for it. It's that simple.

Yet another thread from the have nots too lazy to work hard to get their gear. They want it for free. What an insult to the rest of us who worked hard to get what we got. *Sigh*

So where are you intending to get enough of a supply of R9 mats outside of boutique? Just because you dont personally buy them from boutique doesnt mean they dont come from there, which was the point you are attacking if I`m not mistaken. Yes, there MoG/GST you can get outside of boutique but the supply is so pathetically low R9ing on those mats would take a decade or more.

Then set up a catshop and earn coin to buy it from others. I farmed my herc then I farmed and earned coin with a catshop to buy MoGs and GSTs from others just like so many other people have done.

Are you mentally challenged? Cause you clearly understood nothing.

Point is, if everybody just "farmed and worked hard for the stuff in game", nobody but couple ppl on each server would have R9 sets. This is because the amount of supply you get for those items, outside of boutique, is basically nonexistent. So the items come from boutique, you can trade for them from others but its all from boutique.

Also personally, coming from R9+12 PoV, I`d love easier gearing process so I would have more ppl to play with in PvP events. Cause wtf am I doing with my gear if there is nothing to use it on? But sure, think holding gear, which will soon be obsolete, at 700$ price tag is reasonable just because ppl 5+ years ago paid that.
  • jadasia
    jadasia Posts: 520 Arc User

Point is, if everybody just "farmed and worked hard for the stuff in game", nobody but couple ppl on each server would have R9 sets. This is because the amount of supply you get for those items, outside of boutique, is basically nonexistent. So the items come from boutique, you can trade for them from others but its all from boutique.

Also personally, coming from R9+12 PoV, I`d love easier gearing process so I would have more ppl to play with in PvP events. Cause wtf am I doing with my gear if there is nothing to use it on? But sure, think holding gear, which will soon be obsolete, at 700$ price tag is reasonable just because ppl 5+ years ago paid that.

Did you even read my last post? ROTFL!!

I worked hard with a catshop to earn coin to buy R9 mats off others just like so many other players did. Took me 6 to 8 months to accomplish.

Apparently you somehow interpreted that as buying it off others who are expected to farm the MoGs and GSTs. And you call me mentally challenged

Making the game easy to satisfy the likes of you is what's killing it.
  • datsang
    datsang Posts: 163 Arc User

Did you even read my last post? ROTFL!!

I worked hard with a catshop to earn coin to buy R9 mats off others just like so many other players did. Took me 6 to 8 months to accomplish.

Apparently you somehow interpreted that as buying it off others who are expected to farm the MoGs and GSTs. And you call me mentally challenged

So you are actually challenged, okey.

Point is, if everybody were to "farm"/merchant their R9s, there would be barely any R9s on any server. So telling ppl to "suck it up and farm theirs" offers pretty nothing to the thread when its bout how much the set should cost, in this case it was suggested as 0$. But if you think its so easy, why dont you start on a server you got no funds and tell me in 1 year+ when you have finally achieved your basic R9 how worth the experience was for you?

This isnt a new game and older things should become cheaper over time.They can keep the price tag where it is but its completely stupid if they care making most money possible. And last I checked that was their intention when running this game. Will giving free R9s make them the most money? Prolly not but the right solution is somewhere in between.

Ps. I`d love to see logical argument in you justifying calling me wanting things easy.
  • eeepsilon
    eeepsilon Posts: 294 Arc User

How is nerfing everything and puting it in a lootbox pack or key or boutique making it easy for anyone?

What is really killing this game is the destruction of in game economy, the almost complete removal of a good relation between ftp players and cashers. All that has been done by PW China, PWE (aka arc games which is the same as China since is owned by them) and of course abusers + Illegal boters.
    All of that is the job of the company to fix, not the players.

I really don't agree with the other person talking you down, but you really should take their advice and make a char from zero, with no alt help, no charging, no account stash money or items, not friends helping and see if it is so easy during 2018.

From my point of view is not even about giving stuff for free, is about making the game playable again for ftp. The problem with this game and many other ftp ones is that the devs take the easy-fast money route which is:
    - nerf everything and make it as P2W as posible.
    - if people quit instead of trying to save the game, keep nerfing stuff and enraging the playerbase, so the cashers feel forced to spend even more.
    - Keep doing it till only mega whales and a few veterans + some abusers and 3rd party rusian/asian bots are left.

- When the game becomes almost non profitable due all the mentioned above; shot down and refund last month of charge as zen so whales don't feel scammed and can keep spending on other title of same company if they want.

- publish new game and repeat…

Before you say something like: "they need the money, is a business, people have to work hard, etc, etc"
    I know, and don't get the wrong Idea: not saying that they should not be p2w or that they should remove packs or anything like that. But removing almost everything that a ftp can farm, destroying the economy, puting large amounts of coins in packs so whales and ludopaths become billionares and even remove basic garbage gear like g15 to put it on end game dungeosn is not something good, not even for them as a company in the long term.

You really should understand that pretty much everything that some average ftp person could make money 2 or more years ago is either: completly useless, removed or controlled by end game veterans and cashers. So for those people, even if they wanted to start being merchants or farming stuff, there is pretty much nothing to do. Since everything that the players need nowadays come from packs, keys, boutique, end game dungeons for OP people or arigora wich is also for end game people.

At the end, even the most p2w people, the most loyal cashers end up leaving, after all why would they keep cashing if there is no one to play with, no one to show of their OPnes, no one to beat. Even between many of the cashers there are people that like to have a challenge, and even among the ones that don't like it, I highly doubt that they gear up just to kill crystalls in TW or dragons in XTW, or mobs in open PK....

The company really should take that into account, but sadly China doesn't care about our version.