Time Zone (EU) [Maintenance Discussion] 10/28/18 - (complete)

heerohex#3018
heerohex#3018 Posts: 4,795 Community Moderator
edited October 2018 in Official Announcements
Please Feel Free to Update If needs Be. Please remember to keep checking for updates.
Time Zone Changes overnight may affect the servers. Please be prepared for this if it does happen. This will most likely happen before 1am as the servers have to be off-line when the time change happens or they will mess up. (This is based using info from previous time changes) Please allow a fair time before the servers come back on-line.

All Servers MAY also be taken offline for this to make sure the Cross Server events work correctly.
WARNING - Last time bases where also reset. This included Chivalry Points/ Trials / Trials Rewards in Safe / Loyalty Funds / Faction Points. Sorry I have been unable to confirm if this will happen again or its been resolved.

**ALSO Please check your XNW/XTW times if your out of EU time Zone. They will revert to normal next Sunday when US does DST.

current.png
For Server Status Click Here. Server Status Provided By @nrglg.

Euro Servers - Dawnglory / Cross Server
For Time Zone Changes Click Here. / For Time Zones - Click Here.

Today's Question.
If you could make any instance more interesting, How would you do it and why?

Thanks,

Heero.​​
Post edited by heerohex#3018 on

Comments

• heerohex#3018
    edited October 2018
    Please also note US DST is next week and will revert these time changes to normal.

WARNING - Last time bases where also reset. This included Chivalry Points/ Trials / Trials Rewards in Safe / Loyalty Funds / Faction Points. Sorry I have been unable to confirm if this will happen again or its been resolved.

Thanks.​​
    Post edited by heerohex#3018 on
  • cyberomega2012
    cyberomega2012 Posts: 16 Arc User
    Good timing, they scheduled the shutdown right before a TW in Etherblade.
  • nbreaking
    nbreaking Posts: 607 Arc User
    right before Sarokkan in Tideswell xD

Mr. Justice
  • fyrearcher
    fyrearcher Posts: 2 Arc User
    And on Twilight Temple.
  • nunuator
    nunuator Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Twilight Temple down as well rip faction trial rewards D:
  • hopeandkight
    hopeandkight Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    I would add RB buffs/support system to All dungeons just cause
  • funnymanha
    funnymanha Posts: 10 Arc User
    lol maintance during tw. the defend tw land have higher chance to win now lol
  • lizzyness
    lizzyness Posts: 2 Arc User
    Does anyone know how long this maint will take?

• taliban#3445
    taliban#3445 Posts: 37 Arc User
    o.o no tw ;/
  • ebulldog
    ebulldog Posts: 3 Arc User
    are trial rewards going to be refunded??? we got 2 kirin mounts and now we've lost them.. there was no prior announcement of this in official news so very few people knew about this.
    compensation should definitely be given to the factions that lost their TW bids and to factions that lost trial rewards. I also lost 24 mirages from 2 badge runs (1 was timer running, other I couldn't finish because of this shutdown ****).
  • babyhas2legs
    babyhas2legs Posts: 39 Arc User
    Hope they fix the DC, crashes and scrambled pictures too. Whats the point of maint and or time changes if too hard and stressful to play the game anymore?
  • edbiomediciv
    edbiomediciv Posts: 1 Arc User
    Thank you PWI, not previous warning about this maintenance in facebook or twitter, nothing one word, just this topic in a forum that few people read. Much claps for you zealous work with the community, now I will loose the check-in in calendar in my toons, and this will be a pain in that toons that I building a perfect attendance, really thank you for your perfect attention with us.
  • gref182
    gref182 Posts: 5 Arc User
    pwi thank you for the warning of this maintenance. People where in middle of things and you just shut down. everyone loves how much you care about your people.

• darkwolf590
    darkwolf590 Posts: 7 Arc User
    well lets hope they will let us know when it's coming back up.
  • ronie55
    ronie55 Posts: 17 Arc User
    Question is how long the servers will stay shut down ? If anyone have any news about that please let us know ^^
  • bumblebee1
    bumblebee1 Posts: 1 Arc User
    Is the server down for anyone else?
    y
  • sensualsoul
    sensualsoul Posts: 282 Arc User
    Asking a Mod anything like when the servers will be up is a waste of your time. Mods really know no more then we do. They just move stuff around in the forums that's a;;. What we really need is a GM to post something like when the server will be up again. But they can't be bothered can they?
  • pwi1#5228
    pwi1#5228 Posts: 2 Arc User
    And why are they doing this tonight? When on the News page update was not suppose to happen till the 30th??
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    edited October 2018
    Servers are up now.
    pwi1#5228 wrote: »
    And why are they doing this tonight? When on the News page update was not suppose to happen till the 30th??

The 28th of October is when daylight savings ends in Europe, so they have to change the server clocks then because it can potentially mess up the servers.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • heerohex#3018
    Sorry I should have put that down.

All done now tho it's us next week.

Thanks.
  • aphrodita
    aphrodita Posts: 228 Arc User
    chiv points reset, loyality points lock, trials ruined for 2 weeks now o/
  • heerohex#3018
    edited October 2018
    aphrodita wrote: »
    chiv points reset, loyality points lock, trials ruined for 2 weeks now o/

Im under the impression the base was totally reset.

US servers will have the same done to them next week if EU had this problem this week.

I cant say anything else from that as I dont know the ins and outs of it form their side.

Thanks.​​
  • heerohex#3018
    edited October 2018
    This happens every year when the clocks change.

The servers have to be offline when this happens or data will be overwritten and or become unstable. Servers can be down for aprox 2 hours when this happens but depends on how things go.

In short it had to happen at that time regardless of things going on with events.

I also alerted Da Server that this would happen in WC. Sadly I received rather Negative responses and in some cases abuse. I tried my best to alert people.

This Maint is also separate from the news posts as it is a different issue. Ti Server Maint will be carried out on the dates given in addition to the normal Wednesday and weekend Time change Maints.

I have done these maint posts for a few years now and we have seen a wide spread of issues. I also have no access to info and use a lot of past events to provide info. So would be unable to provide times. Tho the info above is correct to the best points.

Lucky they seam to be minimal this time.

NEXT week US servers will be done for the same reason.

ONE more thing to remember that if your playing from outside the EU timezone then Cross server events will be at a different time until next weeks US Maint Corrects this.

Thanks.​​