Squigly Error ??

shadowshergood
shadowshergood Posts: 60 Arc User
i went to arc and pressed PWI and getting exited to get back into the game. i verified and i pushed play and the screen coed up unloaded and i get this squigly language error. I try it again. same thing. Im confused? I did all the updates to redemption... am i missing something did i do it wrong? i went through arc but still confused?
ADDer at play.... Expect Delays and Malfunctions.b:chuckle

Comments

• sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    removed my text because of the moderation
    Post edited by sjampie on
  • shadowshergood
  • obielle
    obielle Posts: 1,214 Community Moderator
    Can't see the image but I'd assume it's the famous DirectX error message. Just to be sure, check your graphics settings in your patcher and maybe reset them and see if that does anything.
    Roxxannae - Twilight Temple
    Official PWI WikiPWI Wiki UpdatesSupport Ticket

Support Email: support@gearboxsf.com
  • phantomforce#4598
    phantomforce#4598 Posts: 397 Community Moderator
    From the Sticky FAQ Thread....

GRAPHIC ISSUES

For starters, this is one of the most commonly reported errors...

2j5m8ag.png

If you happen to have simplified Chinese fonts installed, it may actually display Chinese characters in it.

Basically, it's saying that it can't load the textures because your display driver does not support Direct3D Acceleration.

The solution is pretty easy. Download an updated driver for your video chipset direct from the manufacturer of that chipset.
    DO NOT get the video driver from the manufacturer of your computer system, and don't expect the drivers Microsoft supplies to support it either.

The primary GPU chip manufacturers are...
    NVIDIA
    AMD/ATI
    Intel

Another possible cause for errors like the image above is due to corrupted texture files. The most common cause for this is your antivirus software. It could also be bad disk sectors, heavy fragmentation, or just corrupted data on your drive. We'll get into those issue more in the next section.
    ​​
  • shadowshergood
    ok i went to the intel link you provided got thee update rebooted my system and nothing has changeed i get the same error
  • sjampie
    sjampie Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited September 2021
    removed my text because of the moderation
    Post edited by sjampie on