How is this game in 2018

otid
otid Posts: 1 Arc User
I'm thinking about comming back to this game but I have a couple of questions before
  1. Is it dead?
  2. How is the leveling right now, is it faster than before?
  3. Does people still do pvp?
  4. What do you guys do this days in this game?

Comments

• hurrdurrurr
    hurrdurrurr Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    1.Its in a scary state right now, some private servers are actually picking up heat compared to official. But with CN announcing new classes coming to CN on 31st there might be actual hope left for this game.

2. Leveling is faster but the problems will come up with boundary/passive levels and gearing up, which are gonna be treadmills.

3. Most of the servers concentrated on 1 guild to try to compete in xTW. As a result in server PvP isnt that active. And with how unhappy ppl been bout xTW recently(Dragon rush) its not a great selling point for the game right now. There is also 3v3 arena, which is xserver and still has PvP for those who look for it.

4. Dailies, dailies and dailies.
  • aradriel
    aradriel Posts: 73 Arc User
    otid wrote: »
    Is it dead?
    I can only speak for Tideswell server, but it's much quieter than it was last year at this time. I believe a lot of people quit the game after the update in early 2018 that revamped faction bases and changed Arc logins/removed force log abilities. I think more people left once xTW became focused on dragon rushes. Imo I can see the difference in overall number of players around. That being said, things are still lively enough and there are factions on Tideswell recruiting players of all level ranges daily.
    How is the leveling right now, is it faster than before?
    As Hurrdurr said above, base character leveling is faster, and on RB1+2 it moves pretty quick if you put the time in, but the long slog of sky levels feels sloooowww, not to mention the tons of passives, primal/neverfall skill upgrades, star chart levels, cards, and the other progression tiers that exist in the game now really are a grind.
    Does people still do pvp?
    Somewhat. On Tideswell, there's about 4-5 midsize factions that field a similar number for TW (30-40) so there's been some good fights to be had there. I know a fair number of my factionmates do 3v3s regularly. I can't speak for xTW, but I believe the "dragon rush" thing has turned a lot of the larger fights into 5-minute pvefests. I think xNW is still pretty fun - decent enough turnout where battles fill up. As for regular PK though, unless I'm missing something, seems to have totally died on Tideswell. Sometimes a few people will be outside of north Archo doing 1v1s and stuff though.
    What do you guys do this days in this game?
    I'm sort of halfheartedly trying to catch up on my skylevels and get better cards, but otherwise 90% of gametime is dailies and standing semi-afk in Archo chatting to people.

Overall, if you're happy to hang out and chat with people, make friends, casually level/gear up, and don't mind the really staggeringly massive pay2win/power creep that's an integral part of the game, it can be fun. But if you want to play in any pvp gamemode competitively, you're pretty much locked out of it unless you drop a ton of money and time in - which isn't really worth it imo at this late stage of the game's life cycle.
    Raging Tides/Tideswell
    Arandelle | Cleric
    Aradriela | Wizard
    Not-so-perfect world'er since Jan. 2010.
  • dbfarmer1#6868
    dbfarmer1#6868 Posts: 92 Arc User
    1. idk lol... its dead and not dead at the same time ... my suggestion is go to the game..
    2. levelling is not the problem... gearing is..
    3. idk.. you can';t really be competitive in pvp if you are not g175th cast and NP rb2 so yeah.. if you like to die everytime on pvp feel free to pvp with nothing to gain and waste your time there. if you are not spending enough you really can't pvp with satisfaction. the gap is wide.. if you dont have a car to sell real life to spend on game don;t bother with pvp aspect of the game. p2win for sure.. we know that by now..
    4. im max gears np1 .. max starchart so i just play my alts and do up and dh .. even better help smaller guilds live a little..